[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a dream the other night that my car plunged into the water

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 703.-More-Than-One-Dream.jpg (360KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
703.-More-Than-One-Dream.jpg
360KB, 1280x720px
I had a dream the other night that my car plunged into the water from a very tall bridge. I remember being in the car and was aware I was dreaming. I was scared but new i'd wake up at any point, so I stayed and made observations. What I saw was very detailed; the bridges pillars and the physics of how my car was filling up with water. It was a very surreal sight. Just as I was about be completely submerged, I woke up. I've had other dreams where I have become aware and decided to touch things next to me in my dream and describe how they feel. My laptop was on the counter in my dream and so I touched it and it felt like my laptop. I remember describing how crazy that I can experience touch in my dreams and then I woke up.

This always leads me to question the current theories of reality (materialism). Who's to say a dream is invalid or valid? Do we not experience it? Could it be that we do every time but those memories are hindered when we are "awake"? Just because we wake up doesn't mean a dream isn't real. Logically it doesn't follow.

Premise 1: I experience x
Premise 2: I wake up from x
conclusion: x was not real

How does this logic follow? It's a non sequitur.

cont....
>>
>Part 2

Besides, we all die eventually right? So just because our lives end (just like a dream) do we therefore conclude it wasn't real? Obviously not. Reality is by definition experience. If you experience it, then it is reality. Take the Schizophrenic for example. They experience their "delusions" just as you and I are experiencing this keyboard. In fact most of them don't question it until medication is given to them. Sure one may say the fact that the medication causes their delusions to cease is proof that their hallucination aren't real. This however faces the same dilemma as is the dream. One could with equal conviction claim that by taking a bullet to the head you life ends (just like the medication to the delusion) but you and I would certainly not assume that our lives presently are not real. I think all our problems with this question disappear when we give a more comprehensible definition of "real". If we define real as that which we experience, then all problems are solved in this issue.
Anyway that's my take on it. Let me hear what you all think or if you have any critiques of what I said.
>>
Well. You asked for it.

Every reality is just a dream you haven't woken up from yet. The universe is a contradiction in progress. When it reaches the conclusion of a contradiction, it resets to the last previous state, which had no knowledge of the contradiction, and iterates so that particular future never occurs. The one thing that never happens, is you never catch reality contradicting itself--you can count on it. Understanding this, you can begin to lucid wake, so to speak, by just understanding that as long as you don't manifest anything which causes people to question their reality, you can do anything. You can also do things which *do* cause people to question their reality, but then what happens is one of you is wrong, and sometimes that person is you. In order to be always right, all it takes is knowing what people's expectations of their reality experience are, and existing in between the lines, so to speak. I suppose it's because we're all just splinters of the original consciousness to begin with.

Your body is a wound, that's perpetually healing itself. The universe is a contradiction, that's constantly correcting itself. A train, that builds its own track from the parts that fall of it. A tree through time where men are the leaves, and women are the branches. Perfect imperfection.
>>
>>17866105
Don't listen to this fool ...
Existence as we know it is a dream like reality, on a much lower vibrational state than those of actual dreams. We, not just humans but all live creatures and organism in the universe come from one concessnes, it's where the theory of god comes from, but don't get me started on religion. Anyway I could brake it down into sort of a universal evolution but I won't go into that either. Anway when you dream you take the plac of god in your dreams, as in all conciseness within your dream are a manifestation of your mental processing. But here's where things get blury, a collective belief will sustain the existence of an entitie or state. So everyone on the planet has a collective belief in all things physical, so things manifest physically, and you can also have a metaphysical realm sustained by a collective belief, I.E. a land of the dead.
TLDR; All things that have been thought have existed on some level, a collective belief will bring them closer to our vibrational state
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.