[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you truly believe that the signs have something to do with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

File: d6ef3336-s.jpg (32KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
d6ef3336-s.jpg
32KB, 480x270px
do you truly believe that the signs have something to do with your personality? can you describe virgo?
>>
>>17860604
bump
>>
>>17860604
>>
>>17860604
>describe virgo
A know it all
>>
>>17860629
>>
The symbol of Virgo is the Virgin that depicts the purity. It is believed that people born under the sign of Virgo have a highly strong sense of the good and bad that makes them highly discerning. Due to this characteristic, they can aid people around them in understanding whether their actions are right or wrong. In any field in life, Virgos are always careful of everything they do.
>>
File: be advised.png (595KB, 548x786px) Image search: [Google]
be advised.png
595KB, 548x786px
>>17860604

Are we talking sun sign, ascending, or midheaven?

>mfw you didn't even know there were more than 1 part to each personality.
>>
anal retentive
>>
Any advice for a Leo born in '91?
>>
astrology thrives off of generalization:

the traits possesed by each zodiac are really endemic of humanity as a whole. The likelyhood that you share an "affinity" with at least one or two other zodiacs means that the descriptions of each zodiac personality could really just be explained as just different parts of a whole personality.
The second is confirmation bias. Since you tend to only look at your own zodiac chart and don't really pay attention to any others. Also notice that zodiac personality traits are always affirmative. They don't say what a virgo or capricorn won't do.

there was an experiment that tested peoples belief in their zodiac where they placed an identical paragrapgh talking about the personality traits of a specific zodiac. THe subjects didn't know everyone got the same paragraph but they were each told that this was their zodiac reading and were asked if they believed it. Overwhelmingly most subjects agreed with the reading

its kinda hokum. but I have never had my star chart read, which is like putting your zodiac under a microscope.
>>
virgin
>>
I kinda believe it because me and my cousin we're both Sagittarius and we have a very similar personality. Never did any research on it tho.
>>
>>17862378
Yeah
Don't be a dick
Don't take shit to seriously
Be firm only when you need to be
Don't let your fucking pride get in the way

Sincerely Leo born in '82
>>
Well, in this day and age?

Virgos are one of the worse signs, not as bad as Scorpio, but bad.

They're the least creative sign, they're the most easily perverted, they have the annoying habit of observing and criticisizing everything.

'I serve' is only to fuel the ego. If they're more advanced socially, culturally, physically, morally, they're satisfied. They're obsessed with intruding on others.

Then again, Jesus was a Virgo, making Virgo the de facto BEST SIGN. So take care of your health to avoid Babylon's perversions.

t. Virgo sun/asc
>>
>>17863288
>Scorpio

How do you mean?

I'm a scorpio. When I met my girlfriend's gay friend, he gave me a look when I said I was a scorpio and said, "You're trouble." Seems ridiculous, as all of it seems to be vague generalizations on standard human nature, yet I can't deny a creeping coincidental-ism of sorts with certain ethical and moral readings.
>>
>>
>>17863311
Picture a cat toying with a mouse before killing, and that in a nutshell is Scorpio
>>
>>17863368

Welp. I mean you mind as well have fun right?
>>
File: 1457661133544.jpg (32KB, 555x333px) Image search: [Google]
1457661133544.jpg
32KB, 555x333px
>>17860629
>>17863288
tfw all that applies to me
>>
Virgo: The virgin
The element of Virgo is earth resulting in a very stable and dependable personality.
Their mode is multable resulting in a very versatile and adaptable personality.
Mercury is their ruling planet which means that Virgos tend to be rather chatty.
Positive Traits:
Modest, Intelligent, Kind, Supportive and hardworking.
Negative Traits:
Critical, Overdemanding. They also tend to worry over the little things that do not require that much worry or stress.
Appearances:
Male: Tall and upright. Also, tends to have a high hairline. Rarely overweight.
Female: Soft and beautiful eyes. Rarely puts on weight, long and pointed face.
If these traits do not describe you, I would advise you to check out your Rising, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Neptune, etc.
I'll leave a link:
http://www.astrotheme.com/horoscope_chart_sign_ascendant.php

If you have any other questions, or if you would like to know relationships between signs, just ask! :)
~ A gemini

Also, some of the information that I just told you came from a really good and worth buying book called : HarperEssentials Zodiac Signs.
Other good books include Astrology 101, Astrologically Incorrect, etc.
Not all websites are correct, but the link that I put above for astrological charts also has good information that is accurate.

I hope this helped you! Astrology is a very deep and interesting topic that I hope you get interested in! It's really fascinating!
>>
Me again! Remember that all signs are equal and they are all have good and bad traits. I hate when people say, I hate Leos, etc. That's just rude and unfair to say.
~ That Gemini from earlier
>>
>>17860604
>do you truly believe that the signs have something to do with your personality?
Given that Astrology says I'm a Pisces but Astronomy says I'm an Aquarius, I find it all pretty hokey.
>>
>>17864421
i'm guessing by astronomy you mean sidereal zodiac? just look into vedic astrology. it's really all the same, bro.
>>
>>17863368
I am a scorpio and you are full of bullshit.
give me your scorpio speech.
>>
>>17864371
As a fellow gemini, I would like to ask you what you know about gemini because I am sort of new to this stuff also. Also what is the three part sign thing?
>>
>>17864558
The hell is that supposed to mean?
>>
I'm a cancer as my zodiac and an INFP for the Myers Briggs tests.

help
>>
so, here's the gist of it:

ASTROLOGY ISN'T WORTH SHIT UNLESS YOU DO A FULL ASTRAL CHART READING, PEOPLE. YOUR SUNSIGN ALONE IS MOST OF THE TIME NOT ENOUGH TO EVEN SCRATCH THE SURFACE OF WHAT YOU ARE.

you need to learn what each planet represents, and what it has do with what house it is in. You gotta put some time into it, Dividing people into 12 standard personalities is stupid.
>>
>>17860604
No. It's all absolute garbage.

>>17864808
I'm sorry, friend. It's all stupid.
>>
>>17863288

Least creative my ass. The list of overly talented Virgo musicians and actors is off the charts, dummy. You sound like a bitter Aquarius, you lazy critical fuck.
>>
>>17864766
i'm a scorpio rising according to western astrology, libra rising according to vedic. at first i was like wtf but after studying the vedic system for a bit, i can see how my horoscopes from both fields match up because in my vedic chart i have mars in the first house. my rising sign are not the only signs that differ. it's because they use more constellations or something i can't remember. maybe someone else will come along and enlighten us.
>>
>>17864843
Virgos are just "perfectionists."
Just because your favorite actors or musicians are Virgos doesn't mean they're fucking creative.
>>
I tend to think we're missing part of the equation in astrology. Some parts of it seem to work, but they're missing other parts that they need to make sense. In my case, I identify about as strongly as someone can with my moon sign, Aquarius. In fact, I'm a pretty strongly lunar person in general. Unfortunately, there's really not much that suggests that the moon should have all that much influence in my chart. It's not in a sign where it has any particular dignity, it's not supported by any aspects (and is in fact square to both the sun and Saturn), and it doesn't have any particular relationship to my sun sign. I was born on a Monday, but that's about the only thing about me that suggests lunar influence at all.
>>
>>17865181
i'd like to look at your chart, i bet i can find something.
>>
File: 2457569013852.gif (15KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
2457569013852.gif
15KB, 500x600px
>>17865350

Knock yourself out.
>>
>>17860604
Virgo's are traditionally very motherly and protective, bout as much as I've gathered
>>
>>17865361
sorry for the mess this post is in. it was longer before and then i lost it. but i noticed a few things, namely your sun and moons sign dispositer and the sextile between moon and uranus. what house system do you use? are you a leo ascendent? assuming your moon is in the 6th house and your sun is in the 9th, i can see how that would give you a more aquarian feel than a taurean one. you have a lot of energy being activated from the 9th house. even your 6th house is directly tied to the 9th, because the lord of the 6th house is mercury, and mercury is in house 9.

meanwhile venus is in aries, it's opposite sign, and house 8, which is mars' house.
>>
>>17863336
shit libra hit me right on the mark and it be my actual sign of whatever the fuck i be.
>>
>>17866091
i'm also the exact oppisite of it at the same time
>>
>>17864745
Gemini: The twins
The reason why they are symbolized by the twins is because of their dual nature. Sometimes, it seems as though there are two people in one! Sometimes more. However, I don't want this to get confused with MPD. (My support to all with MPD...)
Air is the element of Gemini resulting in a very intellectual and social personality.
Along with Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces, the mode of Gemini is mutable. This means that they are flexable and open-minded towards others.
Actually, Virgos and Geminis share the same planet; Mercury. Because of this, they both tend to be talkative.
Positive Traits:
Great communicators, lively, inventive, original, very, very smart.
Negative Traits:
Restless, fickle, superficial, also, the twins can get moody. Sometimes, a gemini can get really sad because they feel lonely, even if they really aren't, its interpretated as a gemini and their missing twin. :(
Gemini is one of the most complex signs because of their dual nature, etc.
Appearances:
Male: Taller than average, slim, very fast and expressive eyes, high forehead.
Female: Looks very young, athletic tone, expressive hands.

However, I would recommend checking out your astrological chart:

http://www.astrotheme.com/horoscope_chart_sign_ascendant.php

It might be a good idea to check your moon, rising, etc. for an accurate description.
Fun Fact: A good way to tell who is and isn't a rising gemini is how a rising geminis eyes are very fast and lively.

I apologize, what are you asking about "the three part thing"?

Anyway, thank you for asking! I hoped you were satisfied! :)
>>
>>17866730
Most of that describes me very well thank you.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.