[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me everything you know about necromancy. Aren't you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1464920344474.png (548KB, 500x707px) Image search: [Google]
1464920344474.png
548KB, 500x707px
Tell me everything you know about necromancy. Aren't you glad I didn't ask you to red pill me? How does it differ from your typical magical fields of study and why don't more Christians acknowledge or know it has roots in the church?
>>
>>17856686
>Aren't you glad I didn't ask you to red pill me?

I'd be happier if you didn't throw this line in mentioning the thing I'd be glad you didn't mention.
>>
>>17856686
I'll answer your last question because it involves basic logic.

Because they're indoctrinated to think that Christ is the only divine king who can ever come back to life. In their mind, if anyone else comes back to life, it's an insult to Jesus/God.

This is not a behavior they got from the Bible.
>>
Why would you even want to study necromancy?
>>
>>17856769
Because raising the dead would have profound sociological implications, and would be the single greatest discovery of all time/history.
>>
>>17856819
Sorry, I don't know anything about necromancy.
Best of luck to you.
>>
File: 1465673391243.jpg (646KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1465673391243.jpg
646KB, 1024x819px
>>17856769
Op here

I'm not into raising the dead or reanimating corpses, but divining the immediate future with the guidance of spirits and having a profound understanding of death in general just seem like a neat concept to me.

I'm at a loss why the bible says not to consort with spirits when we're spiritual creatures anyway. This is one thing I feel like voudon is on point with.

As far as creating zombies and getting spooki skeletons to do your bidding, thats just horror movie stuff in my opinion.

I just wanna know what authentic necromancy is all about. Im talking about the original stuff that acknowledged God and asked on Him to lend the practitioner strength, etc. Not the twisted black magic version glorified by vidya games and hollywood.

What purpose did it serve and how dangerous was it?
>>
File: dark-souls-3.jpg (92KB, 940x420px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-3.jpg
92KB, 940x420px
>>17856934
Harken to the story of the great black king, who conquered all things that stood up to be conquered

So deep was his hatred of sinners, he devoted every moment of his life, until his very last breath, to their complete eradication

but when he rose to become the greatest being to walk the earth, none could stand in his path, and a new era of piece reigned over the Earth, but alas, not amongst humanity, for the memory of merciless subjugation was fresh, even in the minds of children, and the giant black king was rejected by the world he wrought,

and in his misery he turned to God, and in reply he was dragged into the darkness by unspeakable things, where he perished, and from his grave, he rose again

So it is written
>>
File: aldrich-throne.jpg (166KB, 1362x866px) Image search: [Google]
aldrich-throne.jpg
166KB, 1362x866px
>>17856769
because we remember the life we lost
countless lifetimes rendered meaningless,
an eternity vanished without a trace

because we will not abandon the dream
we strive to restore what was once alive, but today, exists only in spirit
That is to say, myself
>>
File: 1465422610799.jpg (41KB, 480x302px) Image search: [Google]
1465422610799.jpg
41KB, 480x302px
>>17856961
I mean, that's cool and all, but it doesn't answer many, or any, of my questions.
>>
>>17857094
Which part do you not understand?
>>
>>17857118
>the relevance
The story is simple enough to grasp. It's the context, the connective bits that would make it a relevant reply, that are lacking.
>>
>>17856934
>>17856934
Because the church is telling you to not converse with spirits so that you remain ignorant, not God. Also be careful of masquerading spirits.
>>
>>17857094
If you want to perform necromancy you would have to learn how to create consciousness and how to travel between different planes/dimensions in order to transport the consciousness/soul. Your best bet is beckoning or building a relationship with some type of being able to do this.
>>
>>17857131
Good post
>>
>>17857154
Great post, very relevent
>>
>>17857154
I've got an authentic spirit animal as a companion and a growing relationship with God. My astral body is also well developed but I'm not as proficient at traversing dimensions/astral planes as I am at analyzing and interpreting them.

Any additional guidance you could offer would be very much appreciated. I've been struggling to figure out where to go from this point and it feels like I'm walking circles in the dark.
>>
>>17856819
Nothing is ever that simple. We can technically reanimate dead organisms through electrical stimulation, but the beings themselves are not actually alive. Necromancy would likely run into similar issues, with outcomes like Frankenstein or irreparable brain damage. Would the organism act anything like it did in life, would it be controllable, or would it just be a mindless golem? Also would the person even want to come back? They might be happy at first, but that could change if their bodies continue to rot.

Raising the dead, even if done flawlessly, still carries a lot of ethical and moral dilemmas.
>>
>>17857588
Yep! It's why I want to be a necromancer some day. To master all those issues that you've noted as relevant to the practice. Terminology be damned.
>>
>>17857176
Giving life is serious.

it ranges from golem like autonomous non sentient beings to full consciousness and beyond. I think a good starting block would be learning about tulpas. Creating life is like building, how do you want to build the being dense like us physically or astrally / etherically and pure light or something else. you have to be analytical on many factors until much of the unknown comes to you. This is not basic work.
>>
File: 1466734876562.gif (2KB, 145x149px) Image search: [Google]
1466734876562.gif
2KB, 145x149px
>>17857746
Thank you.
>>
>>17856686
The creation of zombies isn't a new thing but you need a fresh corps.
>>
Does any of /x/ believe any of the stuff you people are talking about, or is this board a massive role play?
>>
>>17860563
Which of those possible solutions would terrify you more?
>>
>>17860657
Hell if I know, either of them would just make me confused. What is it then? What is it for you?
>>
>>17860760
I'll believe until such time as it gets disproven, if that's even possible. If it is, I'll just RP thereafter because fuck doing anything else if life has no real meaning.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.