[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a thread about the existence of the ultimate reality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: god face dark.jpg (744KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
god face dark.jpg
744KB, 1280x853px
Can we get a thread about the existence of the ultimate reality? I see tons of threads about gnosticism, luciferianism, witchcraft, and other regionally limited beliefs (that is, the entities, beliefs of these views change from region to region); What are the common threads between all these religions?

If there is a god/ultimate whatever it would have to be accessible to everyone and be able to be experienced regardless of birth/language.

I'd like to start by pointing out that pretty much every advanced ancient culture had a concept of a universal energy that was synonymous with one's breath, i.e. the breath is literally the spirit.

Latin - Spiritus
Greek - Pneuma
Chinese - Chi
Indian - Prana
Arabic - Ruh
Hebrew - Ruach

or that fact that many spiritualities/religions had flaming serpents

Chinese - dragons
Abrahamic - seraphim aka "burning ones" sometimes depicted as serpents
Aztec - quetzalcoatl - "feathery" serpent, which could be interpreted as flames
>>
File: 1463013281019.gif (1005KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1463013281019.gif
1005KB, 250x333px
Anime desu senpai
>>
>>17856012
This reality is just a shadow of a more complex one. Time does not exist; you are your entire life, all at once. There are no individuals; we are all one being experiencing many perspectives at once. When you die, you realize this reality and why it's important to be an individuals sometimes.
>>
>>17856012
I can't directly access the ultimate reality. Because of this, it doesn't mean anything to me. I'm not ultimately real, and because of that fact, it doesn't ultimately matter either.

Just let it go, OP. It's better to understand, here and now (than later or never) that you as the man in the box, are just a box that thinks it's a man, inside a larger box, ad infinitum.
>>
File: youve done it hal.jpg (177KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
youve done it hal.jpg
177KB, 800x800px
>>17856917
>>17856997

Okay, so then if I'm just an aspect of the whole, does it matter in any way what I experience? Is there a way to make things better (for myself, or for the whole/others), or does my whole experience just account to 0.000000000000001% of the eternal beings experiences and because mine is much like others being in that I grew up in mainstream suburbia won't my experience not add to the whole any sort of meaningfulness?
>>
>>17857040
... no, it doesn't matter. You are as you are, as you do, as you did, as you will do, as you will be, and were.. and so on and so forth. You will make things better, or you won't- this must become a subjective fact before it's objectively a fact- as only you can really say whether you've done well or otherwise before others observe that you've demonstrated such.

I say that, because it could be said that only I truly know where I've been, and even then, I can be made to forget those very sentiments in some of the most simple, frightening ways. It doesn't mean much to concern yourself with "eternal beings"; you're real, here, at this level. You're bigger than other things below you, and therefore, that is where your concern should lie, if at all. A non-zero thing is still something, but it is not the whole thing, so it should also warrant exactly 0.000000000000001% of your finite 100% available attention.

Just... live. Continue to do as you have, or continue to do as you are doing- except entering a death spiral of thought. It literally leads nowhere. If you can't help yourself, then I guess you're destined to do just that. I can't speak for "eternal beings", or whether your agency is exactly similar to that of others, in a matter-of-factually way. The latter shouldn't even matter because of the above.

Imagine how upset you would be if you were suddenly stuck observing a holographic simulation of a universe similar to this one as some kind of "intangible ghost", and the only way you could leave/wake up is if your holographic self pressed a button. Now imagine your holographic self constantly pressing every other button except the one that sets you free, because every other button changes one aspect of their reality in a trivial way (e.g. greyscale or tint).

Would you not be the least bit upset? I would be.
>>
>>17856917
>you are your entire life, all at once

this t b h
>>
>>17856012
The irony is the brain is very limited but anything can happen in our mind. It's like the soap opera effect with high frame rate films. A limited experience of reality gives a more vivid human experience. The ultimate reality of things is not what we need.
>>
Nothing is real. We're all in a computer simulation.
>>
Im just trying to figure out if certain powers on this planet are actually 100% human or as "normal" as they seem to be. but reptillian forest guy obviously proves thats not the case.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.