[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm big into lucid dreaming, as I enjoy exploring. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

I'm big into lucid dreaming, as I enjoy exploring. I don't often change much in my dreams, just explore what my subconscious gives me. Often times I allow myself to conjure up weapons or clothing or anything I may need, but I stay in the environment and try to interact with the false world.

However, recently Ive been paying around my influence going so far a to generate my own places and even people to take on my journey. I even considered making a tulpa of sorts for my dream world so I could have a constant companion as well as a trigger to always propell me into lucidity.
My dreams.. retaliated it seems.
Now i keep having series of dreams where I wake up in my bed notice something isn't quit right, and wake up again for what seems like 10 times. Often times I ask my gf if I'm still dreaming now when I get up and often times I notice that she is supposed to be at work and I'm still asleep. It got maddening.

But I stated fighting back

See ire member that if you spin in your dreams when you become lucid, you can prevent your dream from ending. This can also change dreams and put you back in power. So when I "wake up" I try spinning. If o can easily spin in my bed, I know I'm dreaming (as I'm not physically forcing my self to spin, just imagining the momentum) and I start a new dream extremely lucidly and go back to fucking around having to repeat this process if I stand still too long (this makes me "wake up" again.

But now my subconscious seems even more pissed and I stopped having dreams. It's so strange. I have never gone a night without a dream before and now it's like I close my eyes and it's morning.

Anyone experience strange things like this?

Otherwise, livid dream general if you want.
>>
>>17846640
>But now my subconscious seems even more pissed and I stopped having dreams

I know that pain bro. Happened about a year ago.
Don't know how to go back.
Guardians are pissed off, i'm banned.
;(
>>
>>17846640
It's usually hard to lucid dream
I've noticed you get very vivid dreams if you're body is cold.

Well nightmares Usually wake you but if you're self aware you can control the nightmare.

You could try that but I doubt you want to its fairly scary stuff.
>>
>>17847049
A good (although possibly difficult) way to jump right into a lucid dream is the method of lying completely still.
>get yourself in your favourite position for falling asleep
>lie completely still
>take deep breaths
>clear your mind; it's best if you concentrate on your breathing
As you keep at this for several minutes, the second phase begins
>flashing before your eyes and possible feeling of weight on your body due to lying still; do not panic
>possible visual and auditory hallucinations; do not panic here either
>mind wanders away; thoughts may jump around without you concentrating
This is where I often hear conversations. The wandering mind and the hallucinations may pose a problem but you will have to train yourself not to come back to full consciousness. If you keep at it for a bit longer, you will simply drift into sleep but will remain conscious to an extent (just like you were during this drifting period).

It's also best if you imagine what you will dream about before trying the above method. You can start training yourself simply by telling yourself when you will wake up.
>>
>>17847217
Continuing on, controlling your dreams is also something that requires a bit of training. I would say that writing a dream journal has helped.

The first step to achieving the true potential of control inside your dreams is to actually recognise when you are dreaming. Even the most bizzare events may seem completely normal, especially to an inexperienced dreamer. I can't really say there is a definite way to achieve this since it came naturally to me after a while.
>>
>>17847049
OP here
I could handle nightmares but all dreams are shut down.

In fact the worst part about nightmares is they can permanently kill off characters I've drempt up.

For example there was this one time where some sort of lich was creating a portal that would act like a black hole and we didn't have time for strategy. 3 of my dreamt characters (you dont want to hear thier names, theyre cringeworthy nonsence made to fit the almost D&D or TES like landscape) said they would attack him and shove him into his own partly complete portal. The knew that at least one of them would die in the attack as the villain could easily kill. All of them died. They used to be a gang I took on any dungeon crawl like dream.

It's like I have a video game world in my head, and killing npcs means they stay dead.
>>
I don't dream for like six month intervals. When I do, for five days I get the insane realities anyone has ever thought of. It's all in third person, like a movie. The character who should be me looks fit and taller for some reason.
>Generally I get killed
Other times, I found a moose shark in a camping site, who tried teaching the ways of an old cult. I went to a wizardry college only to get locked in a magic closet for three in dream hours.
>I feel what he feels
I've also noticed there are several filming shots my dream likes using in order to foreshadow crap. Every time freaking time, I see a character walk slowly towards a zooming in camera, I know it's not going to end well.
>Is this strange?
>Anyone else also suffer from the Night Kubricks?
>>
File: 1464091632498.jpg (927KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1464091632498.jpg
927KB, 2000x2000px
I had a very weird dream last night

have you ever felt like you've "woken up" when you're already awake?

>brushing my teeth
>"wake up"
> don't know where I am or what im doing
>only know that allot of time has past, glimpses of days passing but very faint
>people I don't know everywhere
> I'm at some kind of camp? >friends with everyone
>just get back into it and carry on
>woken up later by dogs barking

the wierd thing is the feeling of "waking up while awake" that I felt in the dream I've felt many times in real life
>>
>>17847287
I remember this one time when we had one of those school camping trips. I was in a tent with two others and we were sleeping. At one point I woke up, it was daytime. I talked to the others only to wake up and it was still night. In the morning, I checked and everything seemed to be exactly like in the dream.

Also, I once woke up at least twice in a dream before waking up for real. In another unrelated dream, I woke up and went outside, only to realise I was the only person around and getting a very strong feeling of dread, so I woke up.
>>
>>17846640
I hate it so much. I've been lucid dreaming since I was a little kid. Its horrible.

I thank God for the Bible. I read it in the morning and it helps calm me down and bring me back to my senses. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

People who actually try to learn how to vivid dream bewilder me. Its not a blessing. Its a curse.
>>
>>17847303
What? How is lucid dreaming horrible?
>>
>>17847303
Are you also a Creationist?
>>
File: 1460803446808.jpg (25KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
1460803446808.jpg
25KB, 308x450px
>>17847303
>guaranted replies
>>
>>17847307
I'm very disconnected from reality in the mornings. The nightmares I had as a child and into adulthood were horrific on a scale that I had no way of expressing and still don't. No horror movie or writing compares. All I can say is now I no longer wake up feeling pain and like I've been attacked in the night and the things in my dreams can no longer hurt me. Its no longer as bad but I still wish I'd just have dreamless nights.

Obviously yes I'm a Christian now but I was a fedora for 27 years. I wasn't raised in a Christian household or exposed to Christians at all. So no I wasn't "brainwashed" by Christians. I am Christian because of archeological and scientific discoveries and the fact that Jesus Christ helped me when all the other lowercase gods did not.

>>17847309
I didn't used to be but yes I am now.
>>
>>17847327
did you have allot of sleep paralysis then?
>>
>>17847332
Nope. I've read about it but don't remember experiencing it. Just very vivid dreams my whole life and sadly a memory that can remember them better then my day to day life.
>>
>>17847338
If you could paint ot write stories abouy some of these dreams you would probably havr some very interesting material
>>
>>17847364
Recollecting for profit? I guess so. I admit I've been tempted sometimes to paint or write because of this. I just don't think putting this material into other peoples minds will be a good thing for this world. I'm sure there are many who have come and gone who could've written a lot of terrifying things but haven't for the same reason.

That said I get the feeling people are going to troll me soon.
>>
>>17847217
Will listening to stuff like relaxing piano/orchestral music and/or guided meditation like the many on youtube with binaural beats etc help increase the chance of lucid dreaming?
>>
>>17848431
I don't know, I've never tried anything like that. You can try. I know I couldn't because any noise makes me unable to fall asleep.
>>
>>17850021
That's why I'm asking. Where I live it's really hot so I have to have a fan or an AC which produce a somewhat annoying sound. I have to use music etc to cover it up.
>>
>>17850193
You might as well try. Although on the other hand, you will get used to the AC after a while, just like people get used to sleeping in cities.
>>
>>17846640
If you've stopped dreaming the probable cause is a change in your waking life. Diet, exercise and drugs especially can impact your dream recall.

As far as making a tulpa, this is actually a good idea. I've trained myself to create enormous lightning storms in my dreams, whenever I see them I remember and become lucid. Plus its pretty damn cool slowly becoming aware as a massive thunderstorm races towards you.

Spinning is pro, great way to 'reset' a lucid dream. Elsewise try touching your tongue the roof of your mouth in a dream, don't know why but its like a shot of adrenaline.

As far as NPC's dying permanently in your dreams. Its impossible. You've convinced yourself that they wont come back and therefore they probably wont. The greatest power you can have in lucid dreams isn't forcing things via willpower, it's expectation. Simply expect something to happen, and it will. It takes a lot of practice but eventually you can have 'godlike' lucid dreams without danger of waking yourself up.

>>17847327
Especially vivid nightmares are pretty shitty bro. I used to get horrible recurring nightmares when I was a kid. Learning to lucid dream pretty much cured me of them, since I spend so much of my sleeping time in my 'godlike' lucid state it seems to have carried over to my non-lucid dreams.
>>
>>17850934
>it seems to have carried over to my non-lucid dreams

This is something that I have noticed, as well. I identify most of the dreams not without even trying. But then again, I actually enjoy being a participant and reacting to the dream world instead of actually changing the dream itself.

>try touching your tongue the roof of your mouth
This is something I've never heard before but I guess I'l try it.
I've realised that I haven't had to spin in a very long time; ever since a few months ago
>am dreaming
>realise I'm dreaming
>oh shit, I'm going to wake up now, aren't I?
>nothing actually changes
>proceed to pick up a magical broom and fly around
>>
>>17850966
Yeah I'm the same, unless I have an agenda I'll usually 'go with the flow' of my dreams just because its usually more interesting.

That said something I find quite useful in my lucid dreams is 'summoning' up people and having conversations with them. If it's people you know you can learn a lot about your own perception of them, sometimes they will flat out tell you things that your subconscious realizes but you are oblivious too.

Or you can summon yourself and have the most disturbing yet fascinating conversation possible.

Or you can summon up God and Satan and make them have a theological debate for the lulz.
>>
>>17850971
I only really break the flow when I have to get myself out of certain situation. For example, in one dream recently I was being chased but I had no weapon. I made a gun with my fingers and started making gun sounds and the guy chasing me fell down. Another time, I had to shout to someone that I shot him with my imaginary gun and he fell down after that.

Currently, I've been trying to train myself to get back into old dreams. When I was a child, I had a reccuring dream of a steam train. It travelled from the left side of my view to the right, with a long cloud following it. I dreamed of it several times without even trying. Now, I would like to go back into a dream where there were magnificent cities in the mountains that I was told we would go to, but never did because I woke up.
>>
File: 1445652306884.jpg (45KB, 700x884px) Image search: [Google]
1445652306884.jpg
45KB, 700x884px
Ive experienced the same, your doing good.

just continue what you have been doing, your simply being desensitized to possibilities in other realms.

Reach out to something, something obviously noticed what your doing.
>>
File: Darkman.jpg (395KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Darkman.jpg
395KB, 1920x1200px
>>17851018
I seen a lot that tells me that dreams are the product of the sleeping mind, not 'other worlds'.

That said, if they are other worlds, Oh boy... I've done some things man, some serious stuff.

I might just be the worst monster in the entire multiverse if dreams are somehow real...
>>
I remember this one dream that was at the same time very frightening but also wanted me to explore more.

I was on some sort of high school trip in a rocky wasteland. As the rocky path reached a small area with stone tables and chairs, the sky turned red. My vision zoomed in a bunch of burning rocks (it zoomed in like in a movie, it was so weird) and a bunch of us hid under the tables. As this was happening, my vision changed and I saw all sorts of colours and outlines. After the meteor shower ended, I stood up and in the rock wall behind me, a door opened and an incredible number of demons came looking at me from the deep, burning cave inside. At that point, I made myself wake up because it was too much. But after waking up, I kind of wanted to explore the deep cave.
>>
>>17850934
Can you explain a bit more on the process of creating a tulpa (using it to get more lucid dreams)
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.