[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has there ever been a documented exorcism. Does the Vatican really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: article-image-57.jpg (81KB, 1280x917px) Image search: [Google]
article-image-57.jpg
81KB, 1280x917px
Has there ever been a documented exorcism. Does the Vatican really have to approve of exorcism?
>>
>>17844077
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9SyQd4AF-M

This one is interesting, the warrens don't have a good reputation but the exorcism looks legit, his face gets an unexplained cut, and the skin starts to burn, Maurice died later.
>>
File: 41Z8KB84BQL.jpg (66KB, 417x631px) Image search: [Google]
41Z8KB84BQL.jpg
66KB, 417x631px
Excellent book.

.pdf is online there if you google the title.
>>
the vatican does freaking TONS of exorcisms

here's an exorcism in Ethiopia, where they exorcise demons out of a whole bunch of people all at once, in public

imho the devil tends to attack communities of believers and tends to attack believers in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W6DAOONgSY
>>
here's a video of an exorcism in a Pentecostal church

https://youtu.be/Ocpgb9YmTg0
>>
>>17844077
>Does the Vatican really have to approve of exorcism?
Apparently the Vatican thinks they have the authority to approve and/or dissaprove of anything ans everything.
Seriously. fuck those asshole charletons
>>
>>17844190
Well ofcourse it would, whats the point of attacking non believers if they're already against god?
>>
>>17844077
Hur kommer det sig att unga vita vet om dig jidf
>>
File: MalachiMartin.jpg (18KB, 250x327px) Image search: [Google]
MalachiMartin.jpg
18KB, 250x327px
>>17844188

Hostage to the Devil has been made into a film to be release on Halloween of this year.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2652948/

To tell you the truth, I like the book, but not sure how it will translate to film. Bonus weirdness: Art Bell is listed in the credits as playing himself. Art Bell is not mentioned anywhere in the book.
>>
>>17844207
Actually the Vatican has formed exorcism squads. You'll never hear about them, the world isn't ready. Extreme cases are in third world countries where voodoo and shamanism are still a thing.
>>
>>17845057
Prove it please
>>
>>17844077
>Has there ever been a documented exorcism.
Tons, but that doesn't mean they were proven to be real.

No. Most of the exorcisms I've read about were performed by Christians outside of the Catholic church.

If you read the accounts of exorcists though the stories are crazy some of the things they claim to have experienced or witnessed.

One that sticks with me is an exorcist who saw clumps of hair manifest into the fists of a woman who said she had ripped it out of the demon attacking her. This happened in a room full of doctors including himself, who saw her hands were empty one second and full of hair the next. If it was a parlor trick she did it for seemingly no reason, no profit, and managed to trick a room full of highly educated people. They should have tested the hair to see what it was made of.
>>
Ummm, guys, don Gabriel Amorth is famous. He has been the chief exorcist in Vatican for a long time. He wrote several books on the subject.
>>
>>17845951
This.

Also: exorcism are very common. Exorcisms are labeled as lesser sacraments.
>>17845940
I've heard that so called "exorcisms" outside catholic church can be very dangerous, because the true power of this thing relies in Jesus Christ, and he is reponsible for setting possessed free.
>>
File: 1464857423015.jpg (8KB, 223x200px) Image search: [Google]
1464857423015.jpg
8KB, 223x200px
https://www.amazon.com/Hostage-Devil-Possession-Contemporary-Americans/dp/006065337X
>>
File: 1465001029852.jpg (51KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
1465001029852.jpg
51KB, 400x534px
https://www.amazon.com/Glimpses-Devil-Psychiatrists-Personal-Possession/dp/1439167265/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1466842553&sr=1-1&keywords=glimpses+of+the+devil
>>
Why would the devil want proof of his existence?
Therefore, no
>>
>>17844178
>>17844188
>>17844190
>>17844205
>>17845043
>>17846294

>the warrens
>malachi
>third world ppl that still live in mud huts and smear cow shit on them to ward off evil spirits
>only religious people are afflicted by possession because of invisible sky person

>>17846335

Best response.
>>
>>17846335
He didn't want to, but he is forced to.
>>17846363
Third world religious people often worship demons to appease them.
The more you get close to God, Satan wants you more.
>>
File: reznor.jpg (7KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
reznor.jpg
7KB, 207x300px
>>17846402
>The more you get close to God, Satan wants you more.

Isnt't that a NIN lyric?
>>
>>17846402

Third world people do third world things.

nuff sed
>>
>>17844077
It's all a bunch of idiots playing along brainwashing themselves into believing they're being possessed by a demon and acting accordingly.

It's all LARP shit ridden faggotry.
>>
>>17846482
You're a boring broken record.
>>
>>17846489
Would it be better if I spewed ten thousands colorful lies ?
>>
>>17846500
It'd be better if you went back to /b/, I'd say kill yourself but NEETs aren't capable of that much of an effort.
>>
>>17846489

>guise can we has rpg nao? (You)
>denies reality
>can not into logic
>always into non-fiction
>roll d6+d20/d4

>>/qst/
>>/mlp/

You have containment boards for a reason.
>>
>>17846511
Sorry I speared through your delusions NEET friend :^)
>>
>>17846535

>thinks I am the only person posting in this thread
>didn't even pick up on the "non-fiction" part of my post
>calls everyone NEET
>no decent evidence or links to support views
>still needs to shitpost on /x] and make cardboard forts, cuz imz finn the adventure-turd
(You)

'sperg more.

Have you noticed how threads that have some kinda substance, have next to fucking zero shitposting?
>>
Safrans one is very unsettling
>>
>>17846402
They don't worship demons, they worship a different set of gods. Just because they aren't Christian doesn't make their gods evils. Christfags really are polluting this board.
>>
>>17846552
Have you noticed threads that mention Christianity attract edgelords still mad at Mommy for having made them go to Sunday School?
>>
File: 1463773150739.jpg (173KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1463773150739.jpg
173KB, 640x480px
My old priest from back when I was catholic was one of the priests called in for back up during the exorcism that The Exorcist was based off of. It actually was a boy and took place in a hospital in St. Louis. He said that the lobby they were waiting in kept having poltergeist activity (my phrasing, not his) like lights turning on and off and loud groaning coming from the hall it was taking place in.
>>
>>17846563
You should study more.
>>
>>17846565
I listened too MNITD today for the fist time in fucking ages and some christfag caller talked about sky people and politics and aliens for 15 minutes, heather went along with it so she could go outside and suck some cocks for drugs.....

>>17846568
>back when I was catholic
/stopped reading

>>17846563
>I post a comment
tl;dr
>>
>>17846592
>stopped reading
Okay. That doesn't mean it didn't happened, but okay.
>>
>>17846568
I knew a priest that took part on an exorcism. He said what impressed him the most was that after they tied the pld lady to the bed so she would stop moving she would get calm and the bed started "jumping" instead.
>>
>>17846665

one digit off, but good job bumping your thread.
>complimentary bump

>>17846782

>i knew a priest
Past tense?

I "know" a priest... also your story is again; very speculative considering you were not there as a witness.
>>
>>17846294

I love how personal ignorance on a subject is enough to invalidate the rest of actual reality when it comes to /x/ (or humanity in general).

> I dun nevah seen it bruh it aint real! Im expurt yes yes yes.

Meh.
>>
10 years ago people on /x] actually tried to be creative.

After 4chan was ported to mobile, overnight you could see the dramatic fall in; not only spelling (thanks auto-correct) but the quality of the threads.

This is a classic example.

Threads before, were created via prior thought and reason, now it's shit threads like these that are created on the fly, by a retarded OP that can't into logic.

I hate you moot.....
>>
>>17846869
Post full of valid arguments.
>>
>>17846525
You're currently on /x/ the roleplay board

Are you lost or something? This is not the worst this board has to offer - not by far
>>
>>17846935

Been here since 2007 my friend.

I don't know why.

But if you were on /x] at that time, it was bretty gud, the /x] of now is not so great, the community has died.

Not complaining, just lamenting.

Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>17844077
>Has there ever been a documented exorcism.
Is that a question or a sentence? There have been a few, I think.
For a Catholic one, yes. They take claims seriously and try to rule out any psychological issues first. Unlike Protestants who just slap and shout and pray and hope it'll cure the epilepsy.
>>
From the Philippines here. inb4 lelthirdworlder, some REALLY weird shit happens here. A girl once got possessed at our school and threw four fucking guys with a push during one of her fits. Even today I refuse to believe a small 100lb girl just overpowered 4 5'10"-6' foot tall ROTC officers and I highly doubt they were faking it just so they could kiss the cement floor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0QDc7baQfk

There certainly seem to be possessed people.
>>
>>17847246
Kissing cement sounds painful. I agree that isn't a position that someone tries to get into. Sandpaper to the face.
>>
>>17847246
So what happened to the girl? Where is she now? When was this? How old are you back then? Fellow pinoy here ...
>>
I have done many exorcisms. I dunno why most of them do it the hard way.

Cast a circle around the posessed, cleanse said circle. However the high level demons are resistant to this so i called on michael for them. To be fair i can call up magic power whenever i want so no need for rituals just call up the power set your intention and let it flow. Btw it comes from the solar plexus. It might also be chi.
>>
>>17847574
what are the signs of posession? how do you call on Michael? Do you use the standard prayer to St. Michael?
>>
>>17846294
>I've heard that so called "exorcisms" outside catholic church can be very dangerous, because the true power of this thing relies in Jesus Christ, and he is reponsible for setting possessed free.

Would that mean that the power of Christ can only really be imbued under a sanctioned Catholic activity?

I've heard Catholics say explicitly before that the only way to make a real connection with Christ is through the Catholic church. This is interesting considering that most Christians say "The only way to God is through Christ" - while the Catholics say "The only way to Christ is through the Roman Catholic Church". Sounds like a lot of middle manning.
>>
>>17847651
2000 years of continuous history/theology/leadership, founded by the apostles
vs
Pastor Dan...
I know who I'd pick if my soul was on the line.
Your mileage may vary.
>>
>>17847407
>Some magicians are doing "real" magic and they're doing it with demons

How have I never heard of this before? I love shit like this.
>>
there are a lot in youtube
>>
The Fourth Kind
>>
>>17847678
try 1000 years of continuously altering the dogmas and practices

still beats pastor dan, though

for documented exorcism, try the gospels

for faith, ask God

for empirical experience, you can always try taking a lot of drugs and getting involved in the occult (not recommended)
>>
My grandmother had an exorcism when she was younger.

My father and my uncles saw it first hand, along with my late grandfather.

I can share some details if you guys want.
>>
>>17848048
pls
>>
>>17848059
Basically it all started with her having nightmares and she would also stare at nothing for hours at the time without any response. She is a very weak person and was always very frail.

Then it happened, let me green text it for clarity:

>uncles and my father and grandfather come home late at night
>can't find their mother
>they call the neighbors and start searching for her in the nearby woods
>uncles find her running around a path in the woods on all fours like a dog
>they manage to restrain her and take her home
>she suddenly has the strength to keep my uncles, my father and my grandpa along with a couple of neighbors from putting her to bed
>they call the town priest
>he checks her up and she then starts speaking in weird languages and her face physically changed to the face of a family member that had died some years ago and that was a very evil person
>she starts talking with his voice and looks exactly like him
>Priest initiates exorcism over the course of several days
>My father said that what he saw those days made him believe in God

This is basically what they told me about what happened that day. She's still alive, but she has weird moments occasionally and a priest visits her every month since she had that exorcism over 40 years ago.
>
>>
consider this:
if demons can actually hurt us. it's logical to assume we can hurt them. i think that with the right tech, we could nuke them demons
>>
>>17846470
Yeah, for example this Brexit shit. Once the greatest nation to exist, now the third world shithole of western europe, several decades running.
>>
I don't know if this will work
>>
>>17846890
/x/ wasn't good even back then. Sure, there was a lot more interesting content and less of this rp bullshit and no divination/tulpa threads, but it was still mostly complete horseshit.
>>
Most of the "possessed" people died of dehydration because the priests neglected their basic needs.
>>
>>17846482
Don't be that arrogant.
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
>>17844205
>>
>>17848124
t. Assblasted kraut
>>
>>17848079

That's terrifying - thanks for sharing the story!
Is you family convinced that it was a possession and not a mental illness?
From your story it definitely sounds like a possession.
Has it impacted your faith?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 420x700px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 420x700px
>>17848363
It's fucking YouTube you pussy.
>>
>>17844077
Is there any info on how people get posessed in the first place?
I would assume there has to be specific conditions or something.
>>
Is Jewish exorcism a thing?
>>
My sister's father and mother in law are christians and they have been to exorcisms. I don't know the details about it though (cause it scares me). Funny note: Before becoming christians, the sir used to be mason.
>>
>>17848152
>most
That happened literally one time and it was a famous case everyone knows about.
>>
>>17844077
no
>>
>>17848363
Lmao u got me wheezin.

dont exorcists always have like a second person with them
>>
>>17846850
>Past tense?
Yes, he is dead.
>very speculative considering you were not there as a witness.
I never said I believe it either. Just sharing what he told me.
>>
>>17844077
The Catholic Church where I live apparently does them but didn't tell me much back when I was taking classes there. All I was told was that they need to send a priest to investigate the home and the people. If the priest determines it isn't fraud/mental illness he has to ask the local bishop for permission to perform an exorcism on the property. They said it is very rare.
>>
>>17848494
Yes. They had to do one on the Dybbuk Box.
>>
>>17847704
I liked those Bartimaeus books
>>
>>17847574
>>17847613
This rp shit is cringe
>>
>>17844077
Depends on what you mean by the Vatican. When the Catholic Church is performing an exorcism it needs to be approved by the bishop of whatever diocese the exorcism is taking place in. That usually requires a couple of psychological evaluations to rule out anything that's easily explained by conventional psychology,

As many people have mentioned though a ton of exorcisms (or deliverances if you're a Pentecostal) are performed by Evangelical and charismatic Protestant groups rather than the Catholic Church.
>>
>>17846408
Kek underrated
>>
some of you guys say that why would Satan want to show himself, and some of you ask about documented excorcisms and you point out that most of these things happen in 3rd world countries or in east Europe; imo Satan does great job: noone in civilized countries actually belives in his existence and people in religious, poor countries who belive in God anyway face the problem of possesions, demonic influence etc; long story short: Satan wont make unbeliver believe, and will try to harm people who have a chance to turn to God or already did that
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.