[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Im starting a job as night shift security at a hospital. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: received_10209784634601478.jpg (203KB, 1848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
received_10209784634601478.jpg
203KB, 1848x1080px
So Im starting a job as night shift security at a hospital. Anyone have any stories or tips? Anyone here work security?
>>
File: 1458945147182.jpg (38KB, 351x352px) Image search: [Google]
1458945147182.jpg
38KB, 351x352px
>>17839390
Bumping and lurking... these are the best threads on /x/, I love the stories that come up around this topic.

You'll probably have a very boring experience, but maybe something spoopy and paranormal will happen to you on the job, who knows.
>>
>>17839395
I am hoping to have a paranormal experience. Only when I was a kid did I experience wierd feelings in the grandparents basements. Been looking for thrills lol
>>
>>17839390
I'll green text a lame story to get the thread going.

>be me
>22 years old
>working as security guard
>guarding a mall parking lot in Tigard, Oregon (next to Portland)
>basically just drive around in circles all day
>boring as fuck
>one night, around midnight guy waves down my car and hands me a woman's driver's license, ID card and a victoria's secret club card.
>Woman's name was Jessika.
>Long, Slavic/Polish style last name. Impossible for any sane person to pronounce.
>Tells me he found them over in parking tower and wanted to turn them in
>Thank him for being a good Samaritan and turn cards into my boss

>fast forward two weeks
>midnight, woman waves me down
>hands me Jessika's license, credit card and victoria's secret card
>blah blah blah, turn them in to my boss

>two weeks later
>midnight, another man waves me down
>hands me Jessika's cards...
>etc

>two weeks later, like clockwork...

basically, this happened every two weeks at midnight... about six times in a row.

Not sure what was going on, but it started getting really weird.
>>
>>17839453
>>one night, around midnight guy waves down my car and hands me a woman's driver's license, ID card and a victoria's secret club card.

*I mean driver's license, CREDIT card and victoria's secret club card.
>>
I work at a mental hospital and sometimes on noc shift you can hear footsteps behind you. Also the field where one of the older buildings once stood (had a lot of tuberculosis deaths in its time) creeps me the fuck out at night. It's right next to a parking lot that I use when I work on specific wards and no matter the weather the ruined moor always seems to have at least some fog. By the end of my shift my car is often the only one left, far out where earlier there was parking. Other than that on a few occasions I've seen humanoid figures in the old tub rooms. Lately I've tried to reach my hand in and flick the light switch on before I enter to prevent spooks
>>
>>17839453
That's odd... have you tried comparing the IDs from one week to the ones from the next? How long has this been going on for? Have you checked out the place where the people supposedly find the ID's?
>>
I work nights as a CNA in a nursing home. I haven't seen anything sadly. But sometimes, I get a feeling like I'm being watched. It used to happen in the 'bath bay' almost every night for a while. Hasn't happened in months though. Thank fuck. That shit always ruined my night.

Some of my charge nurses have apparently seen things though (strange person coming out of the residents' bathroom, strange people on monitors, etc.)
>>
>>17839540
Oh shit, I actually forgot something strange from when I worked PMs. Maybe not paranormal per se, but all the fucking time, residents would talk about seeing a little boy named George. And mind you, I work in the "memory care unit", so it's not just residents trying to fuck with us or anything. But a whole bunch of them talked about 'George' independently. It especially seemed to happen with residents who died shortly after. Supposedly 'George' was a little boy who drowned around here, but I'm not sure how true that is.
>>
I used to work as a night guard for a shipping facility. This story isn't necessarily spoopy, though it bothered me for a while afterward.

>three years ago
>guarding trailer pick-up lot
>just trailers sitting there waiting to be picked up inside a fenced area
>only building and light is guard shack at entrance
>on foot one night
>hear some scraping and sliding behind a pair of pup trailers
>think it's probably another hobo
>get strobe flashlight ready, along with radio for police
>almost on the fucker now, though something sounds off - realize there might be two of them
>tactically shit pants
>the intruder starts coming around the corner
>it's a fucking deer
>it stares at me, i stare back at it
>just keeps staring though, even as I raise my light slowly - don't want the fucker to get jumpy and impale me
>deer doesn't react to strobe at all, just stands there looking at me
>begin to feel incredibly uncomfortable as all i have to look at are those dead-looking unblinking black eyes under the flash of the strobe
>back the fuck up thinking it has rabies
>deer just walks out of the yard without a fuck given
>>
>>17839453
Sounds like your boss/department were into some shady shit. Maybe handing in that specific license, credit card, and victoria's secret card meant something to someone you worked with.

Like the locations they "found" them now has drugs hidden there, and it eventually stopped because they realized they'd been using the same method for too long.

If you'd said something they might have made you disappear.
>>
>>17839460
>I'm Zach Bagans and these are my ghost adventures.
>>
>>17839390
>be me
>work as a security guard
>midnight shift
>office building
>I have to use stairs between floors
>do my rounds
>10hrs of this
>go home

Yeah, that's pretty much it
>>
>worked night shifts in a big university clinic for years
>nothing creepy ever happend or I didn't notice because of too much work
>>
>>17839460
>ruined moor

That's pretty racist.
>>
>>17839560
Deer often freeze in bright light. That's why people tend to run them over.
>>
File: Night shift DSC-0347.jpg (457KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Night shift DSC-0347.jpg
457KB, 1024x683px
>>17839390
>Anyone have any stories or tips?

Bring a radio, music helps pass the time, get a maglite (they have LED ones now and they are good for bashing things).
Oh, and remember if you think you hear or see a ghost it's most likely teenagers...
>>
File: Night shift DSC-0344.jpg (355KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
Night shift DSC-0344.jpg
355KB, 1024x684px
>>17840310
Now if you see a black van parked......RUN!

J/K it's probably just someones car that broke down.
>>
I used to work at a hospital. Auxiliary staff - essentially a project manager.

Never saw anything first hand but was told of a story where a nurse attended to a patient in a room. Patient was in the bed, under the sheets, run of the mill stuff. Left to grab something and couldn't locate the patients information at the desk. Went back to the room and found it completely empty, bed made.

Not sure if someone was pulling my leg but this hospital definitely had history. Nearly 100 years old. The original hospital on the property is about 160-170 years old. It's seen some shit.
>>
File: 1466032300268.webm (824KB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1466032300268.webm
824KB, 406x720px
night shift threads are the best, I didn't save any of the old greentexts though. Can you guys post em?
>>
>>17840381
Any more stories?
>>
>>17839453
was this at washington square?
>>
File: barks_eternally.jpg (224KB, 524x468px) Image search: [Google]
barks_eternally.jpg
224KB, 524x468px
Bump for thread-chan
>>
I worked security all shifts at a hospital on an indian reservation. I'll start with my first experience

>1 year into the job
>no longer jittery and paranoid about walking empty halls and checking morgues (nothing ever happened there btw)
>foot patrol at 3:30 am
>walking down hallway and turn corner to another hallway which leads to an exit door
>exit doors are completely glass (pre 9/11 construction)
>notice the doorway is unusually dark as its lit from the outside by parking lot lights
>start walking down the hall when suddenly the darkness moves
>its something blocking the doorway and it turns to look at me approaching it

Now we had problems with people breaking in alot and trying to steal meds, equipment etc. So thats the reasoning behind what I did next.
>shadow turns to see me
>even though there's no eyes, it feels like we meet our gaze
>Nope.jpg has converted to DIEMUTHERFUCKER.avi
>break out into full run while radioing base of intruder
>shadow breaks off to the left and light can be seen again through the glass
>about 7 seconds later I come out the exit
>nothing can be seen for the entire empty parking lot
>DIEMUTHERFUCKER.avi has converted to waitwut.mp3
>CCTV footage just shows me running out to empty area
>>
>>17844540
Me btw native working in native hospital ama
>>
>>17839390
Worked security for a library at night, nothing spook.
Worked overnight at a hotel, the only thing spooky was just the silence. You get into your own head I guess and end up freaking yourself out.
Just listen to some music and have a good time.
Night security is one of the easiest jobs out there. VERY cush.
>>
>>17839390
As a nurse who works nights at the hospital, I know that you will probably be busy in the ER with crazy people and drunk people. The rest of the hospital could be totally quiet, and the fucking ER just never stops.
>>
>>17845687
What are the nightshifts in hotels like? It's kind of a dream job for me to earn some extra money next to my education since I'm kind of a night person. I always imagined not a lot to do but just watch movies or shows on your phone or laptop while there may be like 3 different people checking in in one night or something.
>>
>>17839390
i used to do janitor work at a college that was converted from an old residential school . probably early 1900's. anyways. there are rooms where they are just empty and not being use or full of shit from way back when. they are perfectly usable spaces but not being used. apparently it's a known spooky place. those rooms happen to be places where bad shit has happened but no one talks about them or enters them. I always heard footsteps beyond the doors, or just some scuffling. I always wanted to look but the buildings electricity was only wired to the newer renovated rooms so even if i wanted to look i could only see the first few feet unless i had a flashlight. my job was just to vaccume and wash the floors and clean tables, not patrol the area for spooks. but some rooms in the basement are dimly lit and you can see the caked on dust and feel the cold atmosphere left behind. going into those rooms are all the same, it feels dead silent and feels like you are being watched. the building is old as fuck and it shows. never experienced any real spooks but there are stories here and there. I would have investigated further but the school burnt down, apparently arson. all the bad energy it gave off must have triggered someone to do it. like shit, goodjob. i hated that place
>>
>>17846753

Typing all of that for no reason, it's like watching a documentary about the secrets of egypt... and at the end there were no secrets... holy fuck, you really are bored.
>>
>>17846753
>>17846787

No fucking shit I actually read that whole fucking post, you must be the center of attention at parties. jesusfuck why did i bother....
>>
>>17846800

>dubs
>shitpost
>session aborted
>but dubs
>opinion validated due 2 numerical relevance
>>
>work nightclub as bouncer for 2 years
> would check girls main bathroom some times and it would be empty
>it would be colder then usual
> always give me a creepy vibe
>bar girl shows me picture of her selfie she took at end of night in bathroom
>notice a early 20s guy in the mirror looking at camera
>noone else in there.

I'm tryna get ahold of said bar girl to get photo
>>
I work at a school that has been around since 1862, especially in the administration building, all of my guards and i hear footsteps. Were pretty sure it is the ghosts of the superintendents that died in there, when it was their home in the early 1900s. SOP is to shout that youre security, and just minding the place while everyone is asleep. Works every time.
>>
>>17847145
>SOP is to shout that youre security, and just minding the place while everyone is asleep. Works every time.

What happens if you don't? Will the footsteps or other activity continue?
>>
File: nightwatch-nattevagten.29586.jpg (259KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
nightwatch-nattevagten.29586.jpg
259KB, 1000x1500px
>>17839390
>>
Prepared to be bored as fuck. A lot of sitting at desks, checking to make sure doors are locked, and making sure everyone is safe during behavioral situationso or codes. Nurses like new meat, so if you're moderately attractive, you might get to fuck one.
>>
>>17847149
No more footsteps. The entire campus is creepy at night, i always feel like something is watching me. Lights turn on and off of their own accord all over.
>>
>>17839390
I used to work security at a building in my towns downtown area.

Supposedly the 8th floor was haunted. One time I was pissing and I heard a lady say "Watch out" and when I went out into the hallway, there was no one there. I figured it was someone passing by quickly, all that floor was closed that day.

I was on the 15th floor once. It's last floor. Its used as storage. When I was up there a bunch of shit flew off a desk on the opposite side of the floor. Another time I was up there I said "If there's a ghost up here fight me you faggot". The lights went from off to on and I a door shut a little bit. My co worker got scared and ran off. During my exploration of the 15th floor I discovered a locked penthouse. I tried all the keys we had access to and it couldn't open. None of the security badges worked either. My co worker even snagged the property managers id and it didn't work.

Night shift reported every so often, down in the basement we would pick up movement on the motion sensors and the an elevator would shoot up to the fifteenth floor. The basement happens to link to a "secret" tunnel that links several buildings in the downtown area owned by a financial group together. I think they just have weird secret sex parties in the locked penthouse.
>>
>>17847533
Oh yeah, I was outside smoking once.
And this weird shaggy looking fellow came up to me and was telling me how he could reanimate corpses. After a few minutes of small talk he walked off and disappeared around the corner. 20 minutes I was doing a rover shift that day and seen him turn a corner in the basement and I tried chasing him down but he was gone.

Not really paranormal though.
>>
>>17847054
Murray from Jokers?
>>
Fellow security anon here. Ask away.
>>
>>17847546
Club was in surfers paradise qld
>>
>>17847555
That's not how it works, anon. You TELL us stories here.
>>
>>17847738
I put a few on /x/ a while back, maybe a few months ago. Don't have the caps one me right now and it would take me a good hour or so to rewrite it.

If anyone has the screen caps of "Security Anon and the Shit-Woman", please post it.
>>
>>17847884
Would rather not relive that one, too nasty.
>>
>>17847884
Doesn't /x/ have an archive? I wasn't there to read the thread so I don't know what you're talking about but you might find it back right?
>>
File: 1445288560749.jpg (80KB, 923x584px) Image search: [Google]
1445288560749.jpg
80KB, 923x584px
You can view many of the old Night Shift stories at the link below.

http://thexarchive.blogspot.com/2016/04/masterpost-work-stories.html
>>
>>17847887
It was one of the main reasons I want to get out of security asap.

>>17848328
I'll take a look around, about to start an 8pm-8am shift in some creepy retirement home, so I'll have the time to go foraging for it.
>>
>>17848451
>>17841731
Meant to reply to you.
>>
>>17848451
Ahh sweet, thanks.
>>
This isn't 404ing on my watch.
>>
Work 3rd in a factory. Operators/Maintenance use 16 channel Mil-Spec radios to communicate with each other. Eventually had several nights in a row where all of the sudden at 3:10AM on the dot every night, all of the operator's AND maintenance radios would burst into static followed by some weird ominious deep beeping sounds. We used 8 of 16 channels in the factory and it would pollute every single channel the same. I remember it used to creep me the fuck out when I was operating my machine because I was mostly cut off from the rest of the factory workers. It would persist for 5 or so minutes then return to normal.

Always thought it could be EMP interference of some sort since the factory is far out of civilization and I see strange lights going to work all the time.

Once I remember sitting in my car over break to enjoy some moonlight and calm music and I saw these three lights basically dancing around each other far off in the distance. Red, green, white. Sounds like NAV lights on an airplane, but airplanes don't zoom in every single direction in a particular spot for several minutes straight.
>>
File: cat-977252_960_720.jpg (99KB, 960x637px) Image search: [Google]
cat-977252_960_720.jpg
99KB, 960x637px
How do you get a night time security guard job? It sounds super comfy.
>>
one time i was doing the night time security shiftat my job downtown at the financial sector of downtown and i was walking through the building to make sure that nobody was in there and i heard footsteps so i ran off to see what was making the footsteps and when i got there there was nobody over there so i got my 45 magnum out and shot around into the darkness a little bit then i turned the light on and nobody was there and then i called 911 and told them that there was a ghost in the buliding they sent 5 squad cars and a ambulance and then the cops mistook me for the ghost and shot me 5 times then i had to go to hopsital and i died 3 times before i was revived each time i went to hell and saw the demons and i was scared but i got revived and then i got back to work a week later after my wounds recovered and i heard footsteps again but this time i knew better so i ran out of there like 50 miles per hour and when i got out i called my boss and he told me i had to take a drug test or i was fired when i took the drug test i tested positive for methamphetamine and lost my job now i clean porta potties at construction sites the end
>>
File: shutterstock_46952803.jpg (163KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_46952803.jpg
163KB, 500x334px
>>17851120
bump

i want to be night guard
>>
>>17839390
>I worked at a small treatment home for junkies for a while.
>Since I was the only one who could handle working nights and sleep during the day, I was usually the one to pull night shift
>Junkies were spooked and claimed it was haunted because plastic armatures for the lights had fallen out of their frames with no readily apparent cause.
>fuckingjunkies.jpg
>Armature drops out of the frame down at my table one night and shatters.
>almostdesignatedpoostreet.gif
>I inspect shrapnel.
>Plastic is old and very brittle so when the lights go on the oldest ones expand from the heat but crack and fall down. Nothing mysterious at all.
>Kind of disappointed.
>>
Fuckn weird that so many people, on /x/ of all places, work/have worked security.
>>
>>17851161
In my case it wasn't so much security as making sure the druggies didn't do something too retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATzlzPLMUhc
>>
>>17841856
yes
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.