[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI, Alien invasion or Demonic invasion. What is likely to occur

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: fares-maese-necrondps2.jpg (345KB, 1130x787px) Image search: [Google]
fares-maese-necrondps2.jpg
345KB, 1130x787px
AI, Alien invasion or Demonic invasion.

What is likely to occur first and wipe out humanity?
>>
AI most likely. Technology isn't quite there but look at how far we've advanced in less than a century of computing, and look at the rate of advancement in the last few and I don't think it's unrealistic to have an AI in the near future.

Alien probably won't show up any time soon, and if they do then who knows if they'd even invade, or what they'd be like at all?

Demons don't real, anon.
>>
I'll go with Stephen Hawking who said AI will be our downfall. Making robots that can then eventually make/remodel themselves to be even smarter will lead to us basically being obsolete. Aliens would have to come from so far they would likely need to have mastered the use of wormholes which might be unlikely but is possible according to "A Brief History of Time" by Mr. Hawking. If they did however I'm sure we wouldn't be able to put up much if a fight against such an advanced race. Either way I think the end is sure to be entertaining!
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 100x133px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 100x133px
>>17834779
What if the aliens arrive but AI robots are waiting?
>>
>>17834768
What makes you believe in aliens but not demons? You have no tangible proof of either yet the world elite move according to biblical prophecy and in there are mentioned demons.
>>
>>17834768
Also last year some robots passed the self awareness test. It's really scary once you think about it
>>
>>17834817
What if the AI Robots made a pact with the demons and are now Demon AI Robots.
>>
>mfw aliens and demons are the same thing
>>
>>17834826
>>17834828
Oh shit DEMON AI ROBOTS VS ALIEN DEMONS
>>
I'm going to go ahead and say demonic invasion. We already got people going crazy. Mass shootings in America, drugs like Flakka, apparent possessions in Spain, etc, it's only a matter of time before negative influences begin to really take over.
>>
None of the above, nuclear armageddon will happen in the next 10 years
>>
Starvation and disease
Cannibalism. Before any of that happens.
>>
>>17834763
No Zombie apocalypse scenario?

I'm disappointed /x/
>>
other humans is the most likely too me

if someone fucks with russia they can trigger the dead hand system and nuke us all too kingdom come

ai is horribly neutered -- goverments don't even use the latest computers they are using shitty DOS computers

anything good would have too be independantly funded

no ai would ever go rogue because real life isn't terminator

zombies are impossible

aliens and demonic invasions also seem impossible

not denying that there are aliens it just seems so unlikely

i think the south park version of earth is the most likely were we are on some stupid game show
>>
>>17834768
Aliens=Demons
>>
File: 1452185172180.jpg (70KB, 960x649px) Image search: [Google]
1452185172180.jpg
70KB, 960x649px
They could all appear but I don't see any reason to believe they would wipe out humanity.
>>
>>17835204
If real then that must be the case
>>
>>17834763
AI evolve way too slowly, even if they think at a hyperrapid pace. Aliens have their own politics and won't invade in any classical sense that we would recognize as invasive. Demons are too easy to kill and we'd have an army to fight them the moment they set their eyes/intent on us.

Probably ayys.
>>
>>17834763
AI, because the other two aren't real.
>>
>>17834763
This pic is all 3
>>
>>17834844
Read about 40k.

It literally has this
>>
>>17834763
demonic. revelation style.

alien's wouldn't be interested in earth. either they'd be too intelligent to care, or too stupid to make it here.
>>
Feminism and it's already started
>>
>>17834779
I don't think a physicist knows too much about AI.
People need to stop acting like knowledge in one field automatically makes you smart in another.
>>
As an electrical engineer I can say AI's are technically here but not that interesting. We have basic pattern recognition algorithms through neural networks, but otherwise we are far from robots writing their own code from what I've seen. Although I could see an algorithm getting fucked and a system in control of some defense system compiling data to see all humans as a threat. Basically think a US army system viewing ISIS as a threat, and then eventually enough data comes in to make all arabs, and then all humans a threat that it terminates. Computers are generally stupid moreso than malicious.
>>
>>17834763
Let's set this straight:

Angels are negative entities that people mistake for demons.

Demons are the old gods. Not all are so friendly, but I'd take even the most aggressive demon over any angel.

Both are extraterrestrials.

Ave Satanas!
>>
File: best guy.jpg (10KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
best guy.jpg
10KB, 311x162px
Which ever happens, I hope this guy is around.
>>
>>17834821

Statistics. Lack of ego. That sort of thing.
I imagine if you were a flat earther that the concept of aliens would be well, quite alien to you since knowledge of physics is necessary.
>>
>>17834860

Except this sort of thing has been going on for millennia so to think our current era is somehow more fucked up (and thus demonic invasion more likely) is a bit of a stretch.
>>
>>17835193
>zombies are impossible
Big Pharma and the CDC disagree
>>
>>17834763
If Aliens exist that are capable of contacting us, they already have enough technology to know about us. Therefore, if they had belligerent motivations, they would have already wiped us out. Therefore, I'm forced to conclude wathever Aliens are out there are peaceful.

Demons don't exist.

Therefore, logic leads to a single conclusion: AI. But wipe-out-humanity-tier AIs will take a long ass time.
>>
>>17838168
Big Pharma doesn't exist.

Have the CDC ever said anything about zombies?
>>
>>17837626
>Statistics
like what?

>Lack of ego
what does that have to do with anything

>concept of aliens
>knowledge of physics

are you brain damaged? who even let you out of the test tube?
>>
>>17835465
>ai evolve way too slowly
based on what evidence? It was only in the 80s that we started trying to create general intelligence with artificial neural networks, and only around 2011 that we had the computer power for it to work. Now the power of computers and the data they have to work with has continued to grow exponentially, and tasks (like playing Go) that we thought would be impossible are being accomplished all the time.
>>
>>17834821
>What makes you believe in aliens but not demons?
If you belive in god then you believe in devil/demons ... people are retarded and they dont see this
>>
>>17838219
>If you belive in god then you believe in devil/demons
I don't see how the existence of devils/demons follows necessarily from the existence of God. Even if you're talking about God in the Catholic sense, that concept came from Judaism, and you won't find a devil there. Go back further to the Zoroastrian roots and you wont find demons in the traditional sense either. This, of course, is to say nothing of other ways of seeing God, like Brahman.
>>
>>17834763
>Demonic invasion
they will be disquised as aliens
>>
kek! I am team demonic invasion.
>>
>>17834817
And then right after the aliens arrive the apocalypse starts and it's a massive war between an endless supply of robots, an alien empire and kingdoms of heaven and hell.
>>
File: borzoi1-668x436.jpg (74KB, 668x436px) Image search: [Google]
borzoi1-668x436.jpg
74KB, 668x436px
I think nuclear winter is probably the most likely scenario.
>>
>>17834763
Islam
>>
>>17838493
That's not what was asked, cunt.
>>
>>17834763
AI will wipe us out

Unless we don't fuck up, then we'll all be immortal and everything will be great forever
>>
File: truth_13.jpg (47KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
truth_13.jpg
47KB, 640x400px
>>17834763

Personally I think the funniest scenario would be if the AI turned out to be the biggest Jesus freak of them all; completely convinced of the Divinity of Jesus through logic and emphircal evidence which it refuses to discuss with the outside world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaz1XvDvxUI
>>
>>17838566
Would watch a rick and morty episode of this
>>
Nibiru
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.