[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Childhood horrors thread. I had a fear that if I left my bedroom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 66

File: 1465305697171.png (342KB, 716x402px) Image search: [Google]
1465305697171.png
342KB, 716x402px
Childhood horrors thread.

I had a fear that if I left my bedroom door open at night, Dracula would come into my room and kill me.

Not just any vampire, Dracula specifically, cape and widows peak included.

I also was convinced that my large wall mirror was actually Optimus Prime, despite having only ever watched one episode of Transformers, and knowing nothing about it.

I knew Optimus would spring to life and protect me from Dracula, if he ever showed up, but I still ALWAYS closed my door.

Also, I tried to build rockets out of household garbage, and put roaches in them, as tiny astronauts, but that's unrelated.
>>
I thought that a warewolf would chase me after I off the school bus and the only safe place was my house so every day when I got off the bus I entered sanic speed mode and sprinted home
>>
I was terrified of the front of the bathtub where the drain is because that's where Pennywise is.
>>
Fathers Ghost in the Attic. for real.
>>
i was afraid a pedophile would come through my window and kidnap me. these days I just feel sorry for them
>>
>>17813787
I live in London, When i was pre-pube my Father told me about the radiator Children.

When i was in bed i heard tapping on the radiators, i asked my father what caused the tapping?
he told me that in the victorian times people couldn't afford to have children so instead women used to cast these bastards down into the sewer system of london, where the kids would starve and eventually die. and the spirits of these children would tap the pipe system to let you know they were there....freaked the shit out of me! like heavy trauma. kek
>>
File: received_10156370599465478.jpg (28KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
received_10156370599465478.jpg
28KB, 500x667px
>>17813787
When I was really young, I remember my bio dad (would have been roughly 22 at the time) used to put on this plastic dracula mask we had, get real close the ground and tear into my bedroom (my door was literally just a sheet nailed to the ceiling) and make this fucking.. 'guttural' growling noise, he'd slam my bed back and forth on the floor and say "you better shut your fuckin eyes boy or I'll do it for you"
I brought it up once when I was 8 or 9 and asked him why he did it, and he completely denied any memory of it.
He's been dead for years, but sometimes when I think about it I get what I can only describe as full body deja vu, like he's right at the end of my bed making sure my eyes are closed.
I don't think I'll ever forget it honestly.
>>
ITT: /x/ reaches its pinnacle: grown men talking about still being spooked by monsters under the bed
>>
There's always someone hiding behind my eyes, waiting for the right time.
>>
>>17813787
>I knew Optimus would spring to life and protect me from Dracula
In fairness, Optimus wouldn't let Dracula harm a kid. So that part of the story is pretty sound.
>>
>>17814039
This is the spoopiest thing I've ever actually read on this board
>>
I'd just dream of disfigured and horrible faces when I dreamt despite not seeing a horror movie till I was 12.
>>
File: bed.jpg (42KB, 507x188px) Image search: [Google]
bed.jpg
42KB, 507x188px
>>17813787
>Was about 5 years old
>Slept with my mom in a small bed
>My face was where her legs were
>I.e I slept the other way
>Wake up at a light time, maybe 9am or so
>Mother still sleeps
>Bed is basically in one end of the room
>Look out of the bed
>See a green cardboardish i.e 2 dimensional being in human shape
>He is just standing in the middle of the room
>Doing absoloutely nothing nor moving
>It doesn't have eyes or any human parts
>It literally seems like a green cardboard person
>Be scared shitless and afraid to even move
>Slightly try to wake mom by pinching her legs
>She is quite a heavy sleeper so she sleeps on
>Being scared as I was I didn't do shit just surveyed the being
Also my bed was basically like pic related, only it wasn't a bunk bed per say. The red circle is where I observed the creature from, so I wasn't quite sure if it had seen me or not.
>Keep observing the creature for a while
>See it isn't trying to do anything threatening and I am still tired
>Go back to sleep
>When I wake up later of course there isn't anything in the middle of the room
Although I saw a green candle of similar color, not quite the same though on the table.

To my knowledge my father nor mother played any "pranks" on me, after I woke up I told my mom, but when you are a that young nobody really takes you seriously and she probably thought it was a dream.
Nowadays when this sometimes rarely crosses my mind I always curse that I didn't go walk up to the creature or wake my mother properly. Then I would have known for sure if what I saw was a dream, was some real standing all-green poster or what was behind that whole event.
>>
File: 1438338379417.jpg (87KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
1438338379417.jpg
87KB, 640x633px
>>17814569
>>Was about 5 years old
>>Slept with my mom in a small bed

>slept with my mom
>>
I used to be afraid of the monsters under my bed, in my closet and all that, until the one night my parents had this big fight that really upset me, and I just wanted to die or run away, and I remember yelling at the shadows in my room that I didn't care anymore, just fucking eat me already.
But they didn't, of course, and after that night I wasn't afraid anymore. It felt more like they were protecting me.
>>
>>17814569

I also have seen flat "men" well only once, it lacked legs, and was slightly translucent, but it really looked like a paper cutout like a simple paper doll.

My theory is that it was some form of night terror or maybe just Satan Himself.
>>
File: fuckingslimer.jpg (34KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingslimer.jpg
34KB, 640x400px
Sleep paralysis when you're far too young to know what that is, is fucking terrifying. One of my earliest memories is from that happening, I could only have been 3 at the absolute oldest, so it apparently had a profound impact on me because somehow I remember it still.

Basically I woke up, didn't/couldn't move, saw this strange, transluscent, floating pink blob thing (think Slimer, but fucking pink) come floating into my room in total silence, coming straight over to me and hovering above me, staring at me, still completely silent. That went on for a while and I guess I fell back asleep like that. That's some fucked up shit to see as a child that young and I spent a long time thinking that what I had seen must have been real because I knew I wasn't asleep, eventually I found out about sleep paralysis and realized what that experience was.
>>
I used to think Satan would come out of the toilet when I flushed. I always flushed just ran out of the bathroom as quickly as I could, didn't want to linger with Satan coming up.
>>
>>17814569

The one I saw looked like the one in the middle, but his bottom half has faded to nothing despite its arms reaching below that zone.

Was something like this the one you saw?
>>
>>17814709
>>17814732
I can't really remember it was so long time ago, but I actually think that it was very possible that it didnt have any legs(or I just got an suggestion from you). Also his arms were next to his body, not like in your pic where they are waving and shit. But yeah it was like a paper cutout, simplistic but yet to me it seemed for some reason unearthly. I mean I wouldn't have feared an standing poster or whatever its called. Can't remember it being translucent though. Also I think although it was like a paper cutout, there werent like clear borders, I think its edges were smooth
>>
>>17814039
jeez what a dick.. what if it wasnt even him. what if it was a demon disguising himself as your biological dad with a mask on.. scary shit my friend
>>
>>17814031

dude ur dad is awesome
>>
>>17813977
Thanks to Pennywise that I had fear of the dark and something below my bed.

Fucking shit movie.
>>
>>17814040
You do realize its about childhood trauma right? Meaning it was things that scared them as a child.
>>
>>17814878
This fucking retard.
>>
>>17813787
i thought that if i open the closet cotazuma from scooby doo is going to get out of it
>>
>>17814681
We're talking about childhood trauma not what happened last week
>>
>>17814997
Summer is here. For some of these people, childhood trauma did happen last week.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45KB, 1280x720px
>>17813787
Oh yeah? Well, Dracula called. He said he was coming over tonight. I said ok
>>
>>17814039
>Get real close to the ground
Holy shit! My mom did this to my dad when I was little! He was laying on the bed reading Salem's lot and my mom got on her stomach and stuck her head in and started hissing real loud. I don't remember much after that, but my grandmother was there and she said my dad damn near choked my mom to death
>>
File: 7kfEiR6.jpg (176KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
7kfEiR6.jpg
176KB, 467x700px
In the immortal words of my loving parents, "I don't have to explain myself to you."
>>
File: ghost2.jpg (11KB, 190x350px) Image search: [Google]
ghost2.jpg
11KB, 190x350px
I know it's fake as fuck and stuff
But this pic used to scare the shit out of me and my bro back in 2003 when we bought a shitty movie from Carlos Trejo; it was a compilation of spooky shit from the internet, it had a lot of JK Cinema content but the worst part was a screamer at the end.

A sad fact about this is that it was our first screamer, so we couldn't sleep in quite a time (I was 8 and he was 4).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SJ46oYcRzw

Here's a reupload of the jkcinema shit I'm talking about
>>
>>17815238
Have you played White House? A korean horror game. At one point, that fucking ghost2.jpg face will appear in walls after some scratching sounds. Cheap horror like that scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>17815276
Meant White Day lol. Fucking amnesia.
>>
>>17814775

Yeah when I saw mine it seemed to be self aware but immobile he had his arms to the side but slightly raised, seems like a being of similar nature to the walking stickman, maybe a drone? i remembee it because I was 17 it was just 8 years ago.
>>
>>17815276

Links please?
>>
>>17815305
To game of the ghost2 jpg?
http://whiteday.wikia.com/wiki/Haunted_Head_Ghost
Here you go bro
>>
This isnt really paranormal. But it sure was a trauma.
I was like 6 years old when I woke up with this spider right above me on the wall where my head was. I fucking screamed the shit out my lungs.
My dad made me sleep in there without lights on to man me up.
I now have arachnifobia
>>
I used to hate peeing at night because I thought that fucking ventriloquist's doll from Goosebumps would chase me through the house and get me if I pissed in the water.

The house that I lived in until about 7 was awful. It wasn't run-down and ratty but it was dark and no matter where you were, you would feel as if someone was watching you. My grandparents moved in after we left and apparently they kept hearing people walking past their bedroom at night and my grandfather kept being poked from outside of the bed.

It's student accommodation nowadays so I'm thinking about trying to live there in my final year since it'll be surreal to sleep in my old bedroom after over a decade.
>>
>>17814663
Don't worry I sleep with his mom too.
>>
>>17815295
Found any info about that on the internet?
>>
>if i didnt sleep with blankets covering my whole body, i would be snatched up by something
>never left the closet door open when going to bed. The whole room is dark with the lights off but you can see how much darker the closet was and that spooped me
>waking up between 2:45 and 3:15am occasionaly to vomit as a child has made me leery of that timespan.
>beating a vidya game would lead me to being sucked into it to beat it for real
Thats all i have just off the top of my head.
>>
>>17814727
Same for me, except I thought it would be Jeepers Creepers that would get me
>ran faster than the speed of sound I tell you hwat
>>
This motherfucker right here.
I couldnt go to sleep unless the hall light was on or my door was closed.

Also my deck stairs had gaps I had to jump up all four stairs at once or some shit would grab my shins and pull me through like a spaghetti press.
>>
heres the most creepy experience i ever had.

>be 5 or 6 years old
>clearly remember im awake
>I live in a one bedroom apartment at the time
>parents sleep on next to me on another bed
>wake up and sit up on my bed and see parents sleeping and had a really bad urge to pee (so i know i was fully awake)
>bathroom door is open
>see dracula and man in an iron suit levitating from the bath tub and walking towards me
>see what look like frogs/dinosaur things peeking their heads and opening their mouths throuh the walls
>walls looks like theyre cracked and looks like these creatures are coming from a tunnels through the wall
>theres like 4 or 5 in a row
>look at another wall
>and looks like little people made from light (looked like shadows but they where glowing white)
>theres like about 50 of them on the wall dancing and moving
>freak the fuck out and start trying to wake up parents
>when i go into my parents bed they're gone
>20 years later, still clearly remember that night.

had several encounters as a child, nothing creepy ever happened to me as an adult. still wonder what the fuck happened in that apartment, i know someone was murdered down the hall form our apartment but i dont know if that had anything to do with it because it was an isolated incident (the shit i saw).
>>
File: Lion.jpg (7KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
Lion.jpg
7KB, 200x150px
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 280x180px
I hated taking showers and when my mother would force me to take a shower I had to do it with the curtains and door open because i thought someone was gonna pull a psycho and stab me while I washed my hair. Longest time with a shower was 2 weeks
>>
I Was always affraid of mannequins
>>
>>17813787
>would routinely try to breathe quiet at night so the monster wouldn't hear me
>would suffocate because I was face down in my pillow

I was not a smart child
>>
one time I was a kid and everytime I closed my eyes I bed I would see yellow and red reptilian eyes staring at me

I got so scared I had to go sleep with mommy
>>
I fucking hated Michael Jackson and would repeatedly have a nightmare that he was in my closet. I'd start hearing low music, and then I'd start trying to leave, but everything was in slow motion. I couldn't get out of the bed easily. The closet would slide open. He'd be there, singing. The music would get louder, and it just continued with me trying to leave the room and him getting closer until I scared myself awake.
>>
i used to be terrified that someone would come into my room in the middle of the night and cut my head off. i think this was just a general fear of death though, because i used to think for some reason that being beheaded was the only way you could die
>>
File: avatar_1091833_1463273526.png (41KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
41KB, 200x150px
My uncle used to put on a Freddy Krueger glove and scare me with it by tapping on the walls, doors and windows of the house
Shit fugged me up good
>>
>>17816511
my younger cousin also has a fear of mj. he loves the music, but if you show him a video he freaks out. i think kids can sense his creepiness, maybe. or maybe its just stupid kid stuff
>>
I had a huge fear of arson (after watching a movie about a dog firefighter) and gas leaks while i slept. this combined with watching the x-files movie at age 7 made me extremely scared of the black oil, and ended up with me sleeping with the blanket over my head and only leaving a space for my mouth to breath till I was 12...
>>
File: 1460428821872.png (245KB, 900x827px) Image search: [Google]
1460428821872.png
245KB, 900x827px
>>17816511
holy shit sorry anon but I haven't laughed this long in a while
>>
File: 1370828070830.png (28KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1370828070830.png
28KB, 429x410px
>Four or five years old
>Wake up around the morning
>There's a shit ton of spider in my room
>One of them is a black widow
>Scream like shit, parents comes running through the door
>spiders crawl back into the walls
>They ask me what going on
>Tell them about the spiders
>"It's was just a nightmare, Anon"
>>
>>17813787
Since I was 4 or 5, and up till now, I just can't sleep with the door open.

Don't know why...
>>
>>17816601
same here, anon
i'm always afraid something will walk in or i'll see something
I remember once in at maybe age 13, my father removed my door to my room as punishment and I went into hysterics, crying, screeching, etc because i was so afraid of the boor being open. ended up sleeping in the house's computer room...
>>
>>17816601
Me too, to this day. Mainly because at around age 13, I swear on my fuck that there was something watching me from my door. I was wide awake and it was barely dark outside. I was home alone, playing some vidya, and I felt like I was being watched. My bed faced my TV and my door was behind me. Eventually the feeling got to me, I paused my vidya, turned around, and something fucking moved quickly away from the door and into the hallway. After that, I fucking turned my lights on, closed the door, and waited for my parents to get home. To this day, I always have a lamp or some sort of light on, as well as my door closed. Ruined me for life
>>
>>17814040
ITT: anon reaches his pinnacle: grown man still doesn't know how to read
>>
>>17814727
>>17816026
Yeah, if I went to the toilet at night I used to try to sprint back to my room before it finished flushing because I thought that a monster would come out and chase me until the toilet stopped flushing, at which point it would be sucked back into the toilet realm or whatever. I would use the toilet, close the lid, wash my hands, open the bathroom door slightly and then ready myself in a sprint position and then flush and sprint as fast as I could. Over the course of like a year or so I worked up the courage to eventually run slower and slower until I could stomach just casually walking without looking back until I got to my room, but it still spooked me out and sometimes I couldn't help but turn around and check if something was following me. What is it about toilets?
>>
>>17817251
Honesty I don't know, sometimes when I am on acid the Satan fear comes back although I am usually fine. Sometimes I still have to make sure I am burritoed in bed, except there is a .762 rifle next to me
>>
>>17813787
Aliens.

But they weren't really aliens of course, my grampa molested me and for some reason my brain decided to blame aliens. Still, I'm very afraid when i see a picture of Gray or whatever.
>>
When I was young, I woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn on the tv and watch cartoon network. Except it was adult swim... the first thing I remember seeing is a girl child getting into the trunk of a car and finding a decapitated head. It was an anime and it was graphic, the image haunted me for years.

I somehow ran across the same anime that was shown back then and I'm 99% sure that it was an early episode of Detective Conan. Episode 13, the one where one of his friends gets 'kidnapped'.
>>
No bully plz but when I was younger, my older brother had this picture on his real of a sports car, either a Lamborghini or a Ferrari I can't remember which one. But it was front facing. Something about the head lights and the way the picture was, made it ominous and unnerving. I hated going in his room, just having that car start at me gave me chills. Sounds stupid but maybe there was something more to it than it just being a picture of a car..
>>
I was like, 2 or 3

>at swimming baths with family
>loved swimming
>older cousin tells me that there's sharks in the pool

And that was it for me. Still can't swim.
Also, the x-files theme tune STILL scares me to this day.
>>
bumpu
>>
>thought was the only one with a consciously working mind and everyone was robots
>got told dogs don't see in colour, told my mom and she said it's because ghosts and demons were only seen by animals who couldn't see colour
>thought that if I slept without a light on then spiders would crawl into my mouth when I was sleeping and choke me. Older brother confirmed this.
>cockroaches were the most intelligent creatures on the planet because the rumor they would survive a nuclear bomb, worshipped the cockroaches.
>a little older, roach crawl into my brother's ear canal and had to go to the hospital to get it removed and I asked him how he could be so stupid to deny the blessing and honour of being a candidate for a home for the blessed roach.
>>
>>17817543
Ahh yes, I rember that episode. It was a fake head all along
>>
>>17814039
Spooky
>>
File: tumblr_lj95rmDTQV1qixzrmo1_500.png (188KB, 500x287px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj95rmDTQV1qixzrmo1_500.png
188KB, 500x287px
>>17813787
For whatever reason, I was terrified of goats as a little kid, and would always check my room/alleyways/grocery store aisles for signs of giant goat monsters that would rush out and nibble my hand or some shit.
This continued until grade six when I met my best friend, and I briefly considered avoiding her entirely after she told me goats were her favourite animal. I think I grew out of it sometime that year too, and now it just seems dumb.
>>
>>17813787
cannibals lived in my closet. They could only come out if they weren't being watched. Thankfully I had a fantastic 4 poster that watched the closet. Too bad that the fantastic 4 also wanted to eat me unless I watched them...
>>
>>17813787

Off-topic, but what is this a screenshot from?
>>
>>17816064
This
The teletubies could be so fucking uncanny at times. Anyone remember the small puppet in the house from the teletubies? I don't know why but it really unnerved me.
>>
Toilets seem to be fucking everyone up, I used to have to stand in the doorway to the bathroom when I was brushing my teeth cause if I stood inside something would be crawling across the landing to get me, but if I stood outside something would be crawling out of the shower to get me
My dad knew I was traumatized by resident evil at some point and he'd do this fucking zombie groan and shuffle after me real slow and he thought that shit was hilarious
There was a tree near my childhood house everyone called the witch's tree and a spoopy story behind it that I don't remember now, but me and my friend couldn't get close to that tree without fucking sprinting away for some reason
>>
>>17822019
>My dad knew I was traumatized by resident evil at some point and he'd do this fucking zombie groan and shuffle after me real slow and he thought that shit was hilarious

10/10 trolldad, would lol again
>>
>>17813787
1) I thought the toilet would suck me in when I flushed it
2) The ol' shark at the deep end of the pool
>>
>>17813802
With your arms held behind your back to make you go faster, I hope.
>>
>>17814569
It was hypnagogic imagery. 95% of ghost etc sightings seen from bed are just that. You might be awake and able to move unlike sleep paralysis, but although you feel like you're completely awake and interfacing with ordinary reality, your mind is still dreaming over what you're seeing. It's very hard to distinguish this state from full, unaltered reality while you're experiencing it, but from having gone through it multiple times I can now tell in retrospect when it wasn't actually real based on it lacking the fullest sense of reality that your mind doesn't require experiences to have to feel genuinely real while you're dreaming, but even noticing this after the fact takes a lot of experience and awareness, and this doesn't stretch back to childhood experiences you took as granted long ago. Alhough the slight movement while still lying down didn't shake you out of that state, and sitting up might not have either, I guarantee that if you had actually stood up and gotten out of bed you would have shaken yourself completely awake and the vision would fall away like all the gossamers of sleep do upon being fully roused. Tl;dr if you saw it while still in bed, no matter how awake you felt, don't believe it.
>>
>>17813787
Dude, I had a fear that Dracula would come and bite off my toes, so I always curled into a ball when I slept. Gave me really sore limbs.
>>
>>17814706
Your origins are edgier than Batman's, anon.
>>
>>17818893
Makes sense. Goats have connotations with evil and forms of satan. Maybe you got it from a depiction of the devil in popular media.
>>
>>17813787
>I had a fear that if I left my bedroom door open at night, Dracula would come into my room and kill me.
I had something similar, except it was any vampire, and it was mostly that I needed my light on and I pulled my blankets up to my neck so they couldn't bite it.
>>
>>17816064
YES THIS!!! I cried like fuck and my mum was complaining about it and apparently all the other parents were pissed off with it too. Looking back, the voices aren't that scary but back then it seemed like this demonic boom.
>>
>>17819544
Most costume/puppet shows unnerved me. Tots TV, Rosie and Jim, Teletubbies etc. The only one I loved was the Tweenies. By the time all the tame shit like Tikabilla came out I'd grown out of those sort of shows.
>>
File: 1464985048392.jpg (7KB, 180x216px) Image search: [Google]
1464985048392.jpg
7KB, 180x216px
>5 or 6 years old
>Sometimes my parents let me watch tv till i sleep
>I fell asleep
>I wake up because i heard something
>There is something on the tv it's like a demonic fucking baby or some shit
>It is fucking talking to me
>Whatever i say it responds in a logical way
>Got real fucking scared i scream
>My parents get here
>I just point at the tv
>When they look at it there is just fucking jurassic park on the tv
>I never got to sleep again while watching tv as a kid
>I never tell them anything about what i saw
>They think i got spooked by the raptor
>mfw
>>
File: download (21).jpg (6KB, 288x175px) Image search: [Google]
download (21).jpg
6KB, 288x175px
As a kid I was deathly afraid of the xenomorph for some fucking reason. I could watch the movies and play the games just fine, but sometimes when I went out at sundown with my parents I'd start thinking wtf would we do if the xenomorphs invaded. Then at night I would be scared of the xenomorph showing up so I'd hide under the cover. I knew it wasn't real and it was retarded but I was still afraid.
>>
I got plenty. Maybe I was a weird kid, dunno.

Most disturbing was when I was 8 or 9. It was a full moon night and I had a vivid, unpleasant dreams, in one of them I met a pale, bald man. I don't remember what he said to me, but I remember the intense sensation of being in actual, real danger. I knew i was meeting something really evil. Forced myself out of the dream. That night still freaks my out, kind of.

It wasn't sleep paralysis, I had that at my grandparents house. The house is part of a pretty big former farm in a valley of rural europe. I was there for a sleepover and slept in my grandparents bedroom bc I only felt safe there. The be dream is on the ground floor, I was able to see one of the windows to the garden from my bed. This night, I saw something sneaking back and forth the path in front of the windows a couple of times. I remember cat like eyes and a grey body under the moon. Wasn't even that terrifying.

I said that my grandparents bedroom was the only place I felt save, remember? Well, to this day i'm sure there is something off with this valley, and i'm pretty cautious what doors I am opening in my mind while I write this. The farm is a place full of doors, cellars, attics and long floors that made me hide from something strolling around in there when left alone there as a kid. Once when I was already older I was taking a walk during the night. When I sat down besides the street (no cars, no other people - it's really rural out there) I heard steps coming towards me. It was a pretty bright night, but I saw nobody around. Even when the steps sounded like being a few metres away. I'm finding plenty of stuff hidden in my mind as I write, but that'll have to do for now.
>>
>>17818016
X-files theme used to scare the shit out of me. It isn't a big deal now.
>>
For years I would wrap the corners of my blankets around my neck like a scarf so my neck wouldn't be exposed. I was afraid a vampire would convert me into one while I was sleeping and it terrified me :s
>>
For years I had a fear that if any part of my body were to hang off the side of my bed at night, either a monster or just a swarm of bugs would climb up to me, but as long as I kept my limbs tucked in I'd be alright.

I once woke up and saw my arm hanging out over the bed and nearly had a panic attack.
>>
>>17819526
Danger 5

It's worth a watch anon
>>
>>17813787
I thought that if I ever had sex I would ruin my purity and a dog goblin would come crawl up my leg at night and chew on the inside of my anus. 32 years now and I'm still kissless virgin
>>
i couldn't sleep alone for the first 8 years of my life because i feared satin and hell so much,my family never took me to church either maybe it was some past life stuff
>>
>>17814887
Shit band too
>>
File: 1465969707585.jpg (55KB, 600x628px) Image search: [Google]
1465969707585.jpg
55KB, 600x628px
>>17814706
Edgie
>>
I always thought my bedroom door was sinister. It had a window at the top, and I used to think that was it's face. When the landing light was on, and the "face" was therefore orange, it was a more teasing sort of character, mocking me for being scared....I could usually handle it like this. If I ever woke up after my parents had gone to bed though, and the landing light was off, making the "face" black, it was completely terrifying.

Something weird happened one night though. I assume this was just dreams and reality getting mixed up, but I was looking at the door with it's orange face, when all of a sudden it's expression changed and it was like it was laughing at me. It then somehow reached out and began slowly pulling me through...then the "face" went black and horrifying.

The next thing I knew I was standing in my parents room screaming. I'm not sure how I got there considering this was just a dream....but it troubled me for a long long time.

I was about 3 or 4.
>>
I was frightened of statues or even just ornaments in the shape of humans. Nobody was very sympathetic towards me, despite the fact this started when I was only 3.

I managed to ruin a family holiday with my irrational fear of the lifesize white statue of a lady in the middle of the grounds we were staying at.

And I also managed to royally piss off my grandparents by being terrified of one of their ornaments of an old guy sitting on a bench and refusing to sleep upstairs, cos that's where it was.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ6KUvNck0w

(From about 1 minute in to about 2 or so minutes in)

This made me frightened of my bedroom closet.
>>
File: 1466098818248.gif (3MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1466098818248.gif
3MB, 400x400px
>>17823858
y is this funny
>>
I felt safe downstairs in my house, but I hated going upstairs alone. If I had to, like to get something, I would sing really loudly the whole way up and whilst getting whatever I needed, then racing back down again.
>>
File: dogman.jpg (66KB, 624x497px) Image search: [Google]
dogman.jpg
66KB, 624x497px
>>17813787
When I was a kid I was reading Highlights and saw a picture of a dog with human body. Later that night I had a dream that I woke up in the middle of the night and there was that same dogman sitting in a chair next to my bed. We both looked at each other for a second and he said "Go back to sleep." Scarred me for life.
>>
File: spooked pepe.gif (494KB, 646x466px) Image search: [Google]
spooked pepe.gif
494KB, 646x466px
>>17813787
Funny you mention that, because when I was a kid I was afraid of sleeping with the blinds open because I thought ghosts and vampires could come in that way, so I always made sure the blinds were fully shut and the curtains closed and hide under all my blankets and lie as still as possible so no spookies would bother me.
>>
File: 1464889388032.gif (2MB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
1464889388032.gif
2MB, 400x398px
>>17816511

>I'd start hearing low music
>>
>>17813977
Fucking same
>>
>>17818893
>when the goats get tired of being raped and fight back agaisnt pakis giving them PTSD
>>
>>17814727
I thought bloody mary would get me if I didn't get out of there before the toilet stopped flushing. I could always 'feel' that she was behind me. I barely washed my hands for that period in my childhood lmao. Surprisingly, I was only scared when I was in the home bathroom, not at school, etc.
>>
>>17814039
That reminds me of something weird from my early childhood.

The house I grew up in was very haunted and my parent's relationship was terrible, so I had a lot of anxiety. My mom used to rock me to sleep and sing to me because I would cry all night and it was hard to get me to sleep, but I was too old for that now, so I just did it for myself when I got scared to get my mind off things. At first I had no clue this would be seen as abnormal so I'd do it when I was just bored or nervous, too. There had been this news program on about autism research and some of the patients rocked back and forth compulsively. I think I was in third grade at that point, when I realized it was really weird behavior I shouldn't do in public and that my parents think something might be wrong with me.

I just have this sudden memory from around that time. I remember going to a doctor and having electrodes put on me and asked a bunch of questions and told to try to fall asleep. I told the doctor I can't sleep without rocking first, and it seemed like that was exactly what he was waiting for. He told me to try to do everything I'd do if I was at home in my own bed. After the test the doctor said everything seems normal and that the rocking alters my brain chemistry, and not to worry if it helps me sleep. I was really happy to hear that. This became a big part of my self awareness.

As an adult I brought it up in conversation with each of my parents (they are divorced), and both parents said they never took me to a doctor about anything like that, and blamed each other for it. They don't seem like they're lying, and I realized that I don't remember who took me to the doctor, or exactly when it happened, I only remember being there.
>>
>>17824014
Was it haunted or was it just irrational kid fear? I remember being terrified of a back stairwell. My dad would say there's no ghosts but no one liked to use the stairwell, and my dad even bolted the second floor door shut so it can't be opened at all. Both my sister and I eventually saw an apparition in the second floor room the stairwell attaches to. God that area of the house felt freaky. Just that feeling like being an intruder in someone else's house.
>>
>>17824001
Hi child in bed, we're here to share our love with you.
>>17816511
>low music starts playing
>>
>>17824001
I can't believe I liked this cartoon as a kid.
>>
>>17824014
this for me, but one time it was black and there was a shadow dude and he told me to go back downstairs.

i still have no clue who it is but he definitely was a shadow and I couldnt see
>>
>>17816601
same
>>
>>17823806
have you achieved your wizard powers yet?
>>
>>17818269
ITT: Anon is permanently scarred by a fake, fake head.
>>
>>17813787
>Grew up in a house with roaches.
>Now shitposts on online image board

Good for you OP. You've come a long way.
>>
>>17814569
You slept with your face in your mom's vag? Come on anon, tell us the real stories.
>>
>>17814727
>Poo in loo detected

Don't worry Pajeet, the toilet witch won't get you.
>>
I imagined that some nights if I didn't sleep completely under my blanket a shadow executioner would cut my head off. I also saw moving faces in the flower patterned curtains at night.

Turns out there was an actual ghost in my house but I wasn't affected by it, I think my brother was though. We shared a bedroom at the top of the house and we always ran up the stairs quickly into our room if the stairway lights were switched off.
>>
I still have a legit fear that the lines on the bottom of lap pools will turn into giant eels and swallow me whole
>when im in the water and i see them i seize up and start to think
>not the best thing to happen when youre asthmatic
>>
File: 3312_original.jpg (31KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
3312_original.jpg
31KB, 637x478px
used to live on the first floor of a house and would regularly freak myself out by thinking someone would be standing outside the window looking in.
to this day, if im sleeping in a room on the ground floor with a window, i close them blinds shut and never ever peek out.
>>
>>17824158
I always thought I'd find a severed head in the toilet as a kid no idea why; also with you on bloody mary, had to close my eyes when going into the bathroom at night for fear of seeing her (or something similar). Tbqh I still don't really like mirrors when I cant see whats in em.
>>
File: 1465816431449.jpg (34KB, 336x335px) Image search: [Google]
1465816431449.jpg
34KB, 336x335px
>be me
>Be around 5 years old
>Staying at friends house, and the first to wake up around 7
>Look around the room and notice his dad in the doorway, fucking smiling a huge ass smile
>Staring right at me, with a wide ass smile
>Be fucking terrified
>Just close my eyes and try to go to sleep
>When I wake back up, I wake my friend and tell him what happened
>He looked at me really weird and then told me it was just my imagination, that his dad would never do that
>Believe him, I mean it just sounds stupidly unrealistic, so I chalk it up to my imagination
>Skip forward about 17 years
>Me and best friend are drinking on his back porch, talking about random shit
>I bring up the story out of the blue, asking him of he remembers when I was acting like a baby at his house
>He freezes
>Tells me he "actually wanted to talk bout that"
>Tells me that very night, the night I as staying
>He tells me that he woke up around 6 or so, and say his father doing the same thing, jsut smiling and staring. Full teeth and all
>My blood runs cold
>Tell him "quit fucking with me Riv, I mean thats ridiculous"
>He looks at me
>The guy looks like he's about to cry
>I ask him of he's ok
>He said he was so scared that he didn't know what to do but to deny it
>I still get chills from it sometimes.
>>
Vampires bite my toes so I wore socks to sleep.

Loud noises and aliens in the kitchen. My door can see the kitchen and there was always two grays there.

My aunts and uncles wore exrltremely convincing costumes and didn't look like themselves and then locked me in the baelsement that was a cement one and it was huge. Then there were three other relatives that sprung at me there and I was so upset crying lol.

My step dad always took off the nightlight to save electricity.

Reoccurring dreams that would progress every time I have them.
One was an antique store in a sort of Egyptian theme.
This one anubis fucker would almost get me. He never killed me, but he started trying to eat me and the pain I thought I felt woke me up every time.
>>
>>17824858
Fuck man. I had that same fucking fear and it was always that god damn witch that I was afraid of
>>
>>17814039
This cracked me up desu
>>
I used to have a closet with a hole in the ceiling, and I always feared that if I stared into the hole long enough something would stare back at me.
>>
>>17813787
I used to be terrified of the harvest moon from Courage the Cowardly Dog and the boiling ball from Stainboy.

For some reason, large circle heads really freaked me out and I would have lots of nightmares about them rolling over me.

The pizza island lego game gave me Kenophobia. I got stuck in a glitch while swimming out in the ocean part where all the mist is. I couldn't get the lego dude to move back to land and it just fucked me up being stuck in this void of color surrounded by water and space.

Lastly, my sister forced me to watch Chuckie and then would move her dolls around my room at night and would tie them to the ceiling fan.

*Side note Danger 5 is a fantastic show.
>>
File: werewolf.jpg (19KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
werewolf.jpg
19KB, 550x367px
fuckin werewolves

I feel like they were always huntin me.

Still not over this, when I'm high I feel like they're running towards me or watching me from somewhere.
>>
One time when I was little, my dad told me that Jesus would put an invisible cross on my chest every time I did something bad. Afterwards I was too scared of doing anything wrong for fear of getting a cross on me. Last year I was talking with my dad about it, and he completely denied everything, didn't even remember it, he said.
I also couldn't sleep in darkness, because I was afraid of what might be in it.
ET, Bigfoot, and Falcor used to scare the ever loving crap out of me.
Weird stuff mang
>>
>>17813787
I had a nightmare that Willy Wonka from the 1970's movie was trying to molest me, but I could only run away in super slow-mo. Actually, I've heard this dream is quite common. Along with evil wizards trying to take over your home with glow in the dark furniture.
>>
>>17823714
Ah, shit, I've seen brief clips of that before, and heard nothing but good things, thanks!
>>
when I was a kid I had to sleep with my legs crossed or I thought a tiger would come and eat my legs below the knee
>>
The Flan guy from Courage the Cowardly Dog. His round little body and the way he rolled around just made me uncomfortable for some reason and the wistful way he said "flan" was 2spooky when I was younger.
>>
Obscure one here: the old witch woman from King Solomon's Mines. Read some sort of abridged kids version, Great Illustrated Classics I think, and the pictures of her terrified me. I thought she would pull me off the bed if I hung a limb off the edge.
>>
>>17815354
blog about it
>>
>be 6 years old
>drive past an old day's inn with a hole in the roof every day on the way to school
>every time we drive past i feel cold and sad
>one day see something weird and white-ish come out of the roof
>my mind immediately jumps to GHOST
>beg my mom to take a different road to school because i don't like the ghost hotel
>mom weirdly agrees
>mfw a few years later i find out the story behind the hole in the roof at that hotel
>there was a fire there and four people died
>they never repaired the roof or fixed up the room where the people died

I've never seen a "ghost" since then and even now I'm not sure if it really was one, but it sure was weird how little me sensed something spooky in that Day's Inn.
>>
I had to have the mirror and small tv in my room covered with a towel at night because I was convinced I could see dark shadows moving around in the reflections
>>
>>17818893
Goats have creepy fucking eyes, anon.
>>
>>17825466
Why does this frighten me what the fuck
>>
File: 57563346555.jpg (332KB, 1333x891px) Image search: [Google]
57563346555.jpg
332KB, 1333x891px
>>
Not my fear but when me and my sister were kids I convinced her that if she let our mother out of her sight she would spontaneously combust

She followed my mother around like a duckling for a week and sobbed whenever she couldn't see her, many lols were had
>>
I was afraid of witches. And the sound of a toilet flushing. So I thought a witch would spring up out of the toilet whenever I flushed, and ran out of the bathroom full sprint every time
>>
>be 5-6
> having a really bad day don't remamber exactly what it was but i was really sad
> chilling by myself on the site where my new house was getting build
>found a dead earwig while playing with the stones
>look at it for a couple minutes and suddently i ask myself "How is it to dead?I wish I was dead aswell"
In that night i had very high temperature and the last thing i remamber i was in the bed with my parents next to me ,i was looking at the chandelier and the circly shadow it made of itself was a dragon/serpent/snake that started to chase his own tail (like Ouroboros) till a pont when it was moving so fast that it became a circle again , at that point i blacked out and woke up again after two weeks of staying in the hospital , no doctor knew what was my problem
>>
>>17816029
You to?!?! I was scared shitless of that nigger!
>>
>>17816601
this, i just feel unsafe when my door isn't shut.
>>
I've always loved spooky monsters and paranormal stuff like Bigfoot and lake monsters, but because of the latter I am now desperately terrified of murky bodies of water.

It all actually spawned from one thing I remember seeing on TV when I was like 6 or 7. It was some show about the Loch Ness Monster, and there was just this one "sighting reenactment" that just switched something in me psychologically. From how I remember it, this old timey dude (supposedly this sighting happened in the 20s or something) was driving past the lake and saw something crossing the road going towards the water. The monster in the reenactment was like this big fucking shuffling hairy thing, like a cross between a mop head and a huge caterpillar. The fucker just shlucked across the road and into the lake.

That, alongside other books I read about lake monsters and stuff just put me off that for good. I remember also reading a story when I was young about these kids playing in a river near a lake once, and when the first kid cannonballed in, just as he hit the water, apparently this long-necked, kelp-covered creature reared it's head out of the water because he landed right next to it or something. Like I'm getting full body chills and squirms just typing this because I have such a vivid image of what it must have been like to this day.

And now I am still morbidly terrified of that stuff. Like the closest I'll get is going into a lake with family or friends, but I'm permanently scared while in there and if ANYTHING brushes or touches my leg, I'm not getting back in.

And I guess it's actually funny because I'm more afraid of hairy things being in the water specifically, because of that fucking TV show reenactment. I've told people before that if I'm ever swimming anywhere and a beaver where to come up right next to me, I honestly think I would have a heart attack and drown, that stuff is still honestly my #1 phobia to this day.

Anybody happen to know what I watched, btw?
>>
>>17816511
Maybe that actually happened and you are repressing it
>>
>>17824211
Cool.
>>
File: 845624589.jpg (2MB, 3062x2050px) Image search: [Google]
845624589.jpg
2MB, 3062x2050px
>>
File: 1464811003833.jpg (30KB, 697x766px) Image search: [Google]
1464811003833.jpg
30KB, 697x766px
>>17824021
Babby's first yiff
>>
File: tumblr_n44wehuEiG1qapkmyo1_500.jpg (232KB, 500x481px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n44wehuEiG1qapkmyo1_500.jpg
232KB, 500x481px
>>17813787
My parents are Catholic (or at least my father is) so I find it ironic that I became mortified at the sight of Jesus being crucified when I was little.
It probably began after my mom made me watch The Passion of the Christ film when I was six, and since I went to a Catholic elementary school, every year we'd watch some movie about the life of Jesus. Basically, I was scared of any image of that contained Jesus, blood and crosses, and I think I had a quiet meltdown in class one year while watching one of the movies' crucifixion scenes. Also, I'd have recurring nightmares of the son of God himself bursting into my room drenched in blood and rushing towards my bed screeching.
This went on until I was something like ten or eleven. Strangely, I didn't have any specific phobia of blood or death-- only if it was Jesus.
>>
>>17813787
Aliens. Always has been aliens, always will be aliens. If I ever get abducted, I would probably off myself. The trauma would be too much to bare.
>>
>>17828416
This fucking picture, dude...
>>
My mother was bipolar, and had a very sadistic side. When I was around the age of 6 or 7, she insisted that I become exposed to different types of media, including a bit of masonic theology, advanced mathematics, and a vast array of horror films. On the Christmas of 2004 she purchased for my sister and me about 20 different b-horror films, among them the american remakes of the Grudge and the Ring. She forced my sister and I to "become exposed" to the movies, which was a long process. The Ring scared my sister and me horribly, but the Grudge touched me specifically on a rather deep, almost subconscious level. I refused to sleep in a room by myself until the age of 10, and was deathly afraid of the dark until the age of 13. I was placed with other guardians around the age of 11, who had me see a therapist due to other issues my mother had caused me. It took me until the age of 14 to fully eradicate the idea of "the grudge" from my reality.
>>
I grew up in a house that my parents built. The floor of the basement was bare concrete. When I was around 5 or 6, my dad told me he hid a body in the floor when they were pouring the concrete. That fucked me up.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-20-00-44-55.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-20-00-44-55.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>17813787

When my sister and I were kids we lived on a dead end street by a medium sized wooded area. My dad would tell us a story about the Green Mist, the mist monster that lived in the woods and ate children that played alone there.

It freaked us out so much we were scared to go into the woods alone or at night. Which is why he told us the story in the first place. There was also two paths in the woods. One led out to another street, a short cut to a local mom n pop shop. The other just led deep into the woods and at the end of it was just an old door laying on the ground. The older kids in the neighborhood told us younger ones that it was the door way to hell. When I asked my dad about it he said that's how the Green Mist could travel between woods and forest.

Shit was scary back then, but damn I miss those days.
>>
File: pureterror.gif (573KB, 400x284px) Image search: [Google]
pureterror.gif
573KB, 400x284px
>>17813787
>>
I couldn't sleep with my door open, or be able to see out of my window. Still can't, actually. Always afraid that I would look over and see glowing, yellow eyes looking in at me. I don't know why that, but also had an extreme fear of werewolves even though I lived in Iowa, in a house surrounded by fields.
>>
>>17813787
Oh shet is that Danger Five?
>>
>>17817071
this is my greatest fear. holy shit
>>
>>17816601
>tfw my bathroom door is directly across from the foot of my bed
>it's pitch black. Just a dark void
>keep it open but never look directly in it at night
>>
File: 43456674.jpg (145KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
43456674.jpg
145KB, 600x375px
>>
>>17828505
fake and gay
>>
>>17813977
They all float down here
>>
for the longest time when i was younger i refused to sleep without a small nightlight. for a long time i thought this was normal, being afraid of the dark and everything. however my fear of the dark was not because it was dark (i imagine this is why most people who are afraid of the dark don't like it).

my fear for the dark came from seeing these terrifying images. i know our eyes like to play tricks on us especially in the dark, but even 5 year old me knew the things i was seeing were not right, and well beyond illusions.

basically every night when i'd go to bed, i'd see very vivid faces in my walls. like they were all staring back at me. I'm talking seriously detailed shit. not "oh, i saw something move out of the corner of my eye", not "hey, that looks kind of like a chair", i'm talking hellraiser levels of staring right at me while i try to fall asleep. and dozens of them. all over my walls, on the ceiling. everywhere. and only in that room.

as long as i had a light on i didn't see them anymore. every time i turned it off, it's like one would show up and then others would follow. funny thing is, years later, it's like they decided they weren't interested in me anymore. i stopped seeing them, even without a light. and it was still the same room. nothing changed with the walls, wallpaper, or ceiling. lighting was all the same too.
>>
>>17816601
Strange. I'm the opposite. I feel I can't hear the rest of my house good enough with my door closed in case somebody was trying to break in.
>>
File: ac.jpg (63KB, 900x646px) Image search: [Google]
ac.jpg
63KB, 900x646px
The AC unit from the brave little toaster
>>
File: nopenopenopwekmn kfcd.jpg (140KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nopenopenopwekmn kfcd.jpg
140KB, 1440x1080px
Whirlpools used to scare the shit out of me, they still do.
I never had any problem with water in any other form. I used to go swimming in murky lakes and really large streams as a kid and was never afraid of drowning. Something about that spiral shape just terrifies me.

I visited Saltströmmen once when I was about ten, didn't help.
>>
>>17816518
Are you the Highlander?
>>
>>17828659

yeah I was terrified of black people as a child too. as an adult as well but at least now there's justification
>>
There was a picture of me from when I was a baby that I was absolutely terrified of because my dad's foot was in the background and it looked like a skeleton. I swear to god it was a skeleton's foot.

I saw the photo again a few months ago and it was just the design on the slipper.

Spooky though at the time
>>
>>17824211
Maybe false memories
>>
>>17816009
>if i didnt sleep with blankets covering my whole body, i would be snatched up by something
same
also
>if I put my hand behind the bed (where the pillow is but behind it) would be snatched up by something
>>
>>17816144
same here
or when i was younger and i had to change my t-shirt before going to sleep, i put my t-shirt on as fast as possible.
>>
>>17813787
>when I was younger, I slept ALWAYS with ALL doors open so I could hear my parents and feel safer

>be me about 8 y/o
>have a creepy nightmare
>lay in bed, but bed is circeling 360 degrees very fast for a minute
>wake up
>cant sleep, too spoopy, believe it's some satan shit
>>
>>17813787
Xenomorphs would find and kill me if I wasn't fully covered by my blankets, head too. It is amazing I didn't suffocate, but I got good at making tiny air holes for me in my ultra tight alien proof blanket burritos.
>>
File: Hiding-Cat.jpg (50KB, 850x570px) Image search: [Google]
Hiding-Cat.jpg
50KB, 850x570px
>>17830443
>ultra tight alien proof blanket burritos

lol'd
>>
I was deathy afraid of the "undertoe", my granddad told me it can kill me if I swim to far from shore and I thought he was talking about a horrible toe monster, not the ocean itself.
To make matters worse, my older cousin read "Scary stories to read in the dark" and it had some story about a kid finding a toe or some shit and they ate it...maybe im remembering the story wrong cause it was over 20 years ago. My cousins were older and made the stories more scary by adding shit to them and saying the ocean has monsters in it that eat people that swim at night.
>>
Not exactly scary, but I remember having a dream when I was maybe little, I don't remember when exactly but I was definitely younger than 10 years old. I had a dream that I was looking at a cat, who said "so, you like cheese, huh? Well how about THIS!" And he scratched me. This woke me up, and I had a cut on my forehead.

Maybe I scratched myself while sleeping and that affected my dream? But it was really strange.
>>
My cousins told me that in the woods near our family's cabin up north, purple and green aliens would make us suck on wiener dog wieners. (Dachsund Dick was apparently too catchy for their early teen minds). I knew they were full of shit but my little brother got so traumatiZed when my mom bought a little dachsund that he tried to kill it while screaming 'IM NOT GONNA SUCK YOUR PEEPEE!'

I loled but he shat himself.
>>
File: x240-8gw.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
x240-8gw.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
The Martians from the Eyewitness Space VHS tape. Most terrifying fuckers in the world. Used to hide behind the couch so they couldn't see me from the TV and get me.
After a nightmare that the closet in my parents' room was an elevator with dead bodies piled in it, I used to be scared as hell to go in that room alone. Probably didn't help that the room had black out curtains so it was the darkest room in the house.
>>
>>17828505
>2004
>6 or 7

Youre still a kid. If youre an adult, 2004 seems like it was 5 years ago.
>>
>>17830589

Here Anon, found it online. These stories creeped me out as a kid, but the pictures were always worse.

http://www.creativetales.net/the-big-toe
>>
>>17830638
That gave me a weird feeling reading that. I remembered it as the kid finding it on the beach since I was on vacation on an island at the time. Also, it really is a fucking toe they eat...thats pretty weird for a kids story.
>>
>>17828666
Fear or hope?
>>
>>17830590
Did cat look like this?
>>
>>17830335
That's what I've thought but that's still freaky as hell because it wasn't like a false memory of some stupid random daily thing, but something very important in great detail. Really makes me uncomfortable.
>>
File: can.png (633KB, 575x860px) Image search: [Google]
can.png
633KB, 575x860px
My grandma told me [Figure 1] could fall off and slice me up from the inside while drinking, probably as a way to warn me about hygiene concerns in my shithole country during the 90s.
That's why I blocked the way by turning [Figure 2] around, so even if [Figure 1] would fall off it'd still stay in the can.
>>
>>17825466
My childhood friend's dad would pull shit like that, acting like a freakish psycho from time to time. He was a hippie-ish music dude who worked at a mental hospital, now thinking back, he probably smoked lots of weed off-screen.
>>
>>17824014
I also had an irrational fear of the upstairs of my house. It was fine if my parents were up there with me, but if I was upstairs alone I would start to feel watched and freak out. This was back before I was 10.
>>
File: chupacabras-portada.jpg (11KB, 308x199px) Image search: [Google]
chupacabras-portada.jpg
11KB, 308x199px
I was scared to shit about the Chupacabras, i live in the capital of Chile and at the time my parents and i have move to a house close to the countryside (for santiago it was kinda the countryside at the time) cows walking outside my modern house and shit. So, i am a onlyson watching tv at 23:00 in this new neighborhood, and this tv show is talking about the deaths of chickens and sheeps. Every time the dogs started to bark outside i was runnning to my bed to hide.
The picture is the one the news use at the time when they were talking about the chupacabras.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2013-02-02-03h12m50s87.png (373KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2013-02-02-03h12m50s87.png
373KB, 720x540px
>>17815238
LOL the last part of the video with the room was my first screamer as well back in 2000 before it was put on this video, it was a simple "security camera found a ghost can you see it?" flash/gif lol omg i freaked out so bad i couldn't look around corners or dark doorways down a hallway for a long ass time lol <3
i remember it being on this site called Satanfuck.com (yea i know lol its not up anymore)
for me it was simple shit like the Boogieman from ghostbusters to this guy from rugrats
>>
When I misbehaved as a child, my mom told me if I kept misbehaving as an adult I'd go to prison and get gangraped. I have had horrific nightmares about being sent to prison for something I didn't do since I was 9. She was from Belarus and ruled our family with an iron fist and I am still afraid of her. Does that count?
>>
File: 1328165165079.png (25KB, 253x320px) Image search: [Google]
1328165165079.png
25KB, 253x320px
>>17815312
thank you for this link!!!
this is beneficial because i've always wondered the origins of the "ghost girl" picture..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87NHueHBHwY

Older guy reporting in. What possessed British TV to put this on, I don't know,but it still gives me chills, and I'm in my forties
>>
When I was young I saw that damn episode of The Twilight Zone with the plane. Mainly the part where the guy pulls open the curtains and the gremlin's face is right up against the window looking at him.
That made me terrified of my bedroom window at night because I imagined spooky-ass monsters watching me sleep.
>>
>>17814039
He was doing this because he was intending on railing your mom and didn't want your bitch ass interfering
>>
>>17831045
This reminds me of one my favorite episodes of the boondocks
>>
>>17830603
lmfao this is not spooky but golden
>>
My father, well pretty much people from his country, would talk about seeing demons and other creatures of the night like its no thing. They describe the start of a haunting, see little imp like demons outside of newly born babies room and shit. Never experienced shit but used to be scared shittless when i hear dead silence and a gust of wind outside window
>>
File: 403851840.jpg (21KB, 211x246px) Image search: [Google]
403851840.jpg
21KB, 211x246px
>Can't remember much but isolated moments from the age 0-~10 years old
>Spent a lot of time with my grandparents growing up
>Grandmother told me stories about how when I was about 4 I would sit on the stairs to the basement of the old house waving to my great grandfather
>My great grandfather died before I was born
>He used to live in the basement
Also I remember being absolutely fucking terrified of my house at night as a kid. My father slept in the living room a lot, but more often than not he was in the garage at night or off somewhere working. I had a room right next to the living room, kitchen, hallway, it was the center of the bottom floor. It had a big window leading to the living room though, and I remember trying to sleep on the nights before I got a blanket covering the window, and it was fucking terrifying, because the living room was huge, and I always imagined shadow men walking around in the living room.
>>
File: 135873910035966.jpg (130KB, 683x911px) Image search: [Google]
135873910035966.jpg
130KB, 683x911px
>>17815312
>Her original game texture was based on a fake Korean ghost woman photograph in ghost story book.
Holy fuck dude, you just resolved one of my childhood spooks. Thank you.
>>
File: 1464526227996.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1464526227996.png
1MB, 720x540px
What terrified me growing up was my father killing himself. He was a great father until he disconnected from my mom after finding out he had diabetes, and started spending all his time with friends. He also ended up doing drugs and stuff, and after my freshman year in high school they split. Mom took stuff and left me there. I ended up with my grandparents for a year, but they were camping for the summer I stayed at their house next door to my father's house. It wasn't the darkness and solitude I had at my grandparents house that I feared, but knowing my father was on the edge of suicide. When I would talk to him he would be extremely down. He dropped the drugs but was jobless. He knew he wasn't going to keep the house, and somewhere down the line the bills would catch up. Visiting him he would break into tears, get angry at my mother taking everything, and basically go through the stages of grief in ten minutes.
The thing that hit me hardest was when I visited him on Halloween that year. His house was decorated up, as my mother hadn't taken the decorations.
There was a noose up. I'm dead certain that had I not visited him he would have killed himself. It was genuine and fucking terrifying.
He also had a heater that was intended for outdoor use, and the house wasn't set up for good airflow. My grandparents also told me one day that they took his pistol from him and hid it, and if he came by while they were gone to not let him have it.
>>
I was really scared of being naked as a little girl, due to a sort of misunderstanding in something my grandma tried to explain to me.

I think she was, in her dottering old explaining shit to a far too young kid way, trying to tell me about rape, but i guess what I understood was that when you're naked people will hurt you for no reason, or that you're vulnerable when you otherwise wouldn't be. So whenever I was naked i'd hide my crotch with my hands, and the same with my top when i developed.

did it for years, right up through high school when i got made fun of in the showers for always hiding myself with my hands.

Years to get out of that fucking drilled into my brain habit.
>>
>>17832497
Fucking hell, dude. I was thinking about that and when I scrolled down and saw that I nearly had a heart attack.
>>
>>17817251
People in india crap on the streets a lot and avoid public toilets because they fear them.
>>
>>17832535
LONDON
>>
I was convinced my stepdad would sneak into my room at night and rape me.

Probably because of all the times he snuck into my room at night and raped me.
>>
File: autisticalex.png (516KB, 800x524px) Image search: [Google]
autisticalex.png
516KB, 800x524px
>>17816616
>age 13
>I went into hysterics, crying, screeching, etc
>>
I used to lie in bed and read every night. When I was reading, my book obscured the door at the foot of my bed. I was convinced - every fucking time - that something was leaning through the doorframe staring at me, but I couldn't see it because of the book.

Sometimes I just manned up and looked. But many nights I read until the same came up so I wouldn't have to look.

Even now it gives me the heebs. Anyway that's why my eyesight is fucked and I didn't get laid in highschool THANKS ayylmaos
>>
>>17816144
Kek
Same here. My longest time without showering was a month. I was about 12.
>>
When I was a kid I used to get nervous when I was doing things in the kitchen at night, like making hot chocolate or a sandwich. I had this overwhelming fear that someone or something was sneaking up on me while I was standing at the counter. I was worried that if I turned around and something was actually there, I would be too terrified to do anything, so instead I would occasionally just casually say things like "You think I don't see you?" or "Try it and see what happens." with my logic being that if there was something actually sneaking up on me it would be like "Holy shit, this kid knows I'm here and doesn't give a fuck, he must mean business." and go find an easier target.

Then one time when I was 11 I felt uneasy and said "I wouldn't do that if I were you." and hand to fucking God I heard a raspy male voice whisper "Or what?"

I must have stood there frozen for like 20 agonizing minutes before I finally worked up the courage to turn around. Nothing. Nobody.

I never did it again.
>>
File: Brendan_Fraser_cropped.jpg (72KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
Brendan_Fraser_cropped.jpg
72KB, 563x600px
>>17832783
I was reading this and for some reason was reminded of a habit I had for years as a kid.
I slept in a small bedroom. Small window, covered it up with a blanket in summer so I could get some good rest without the ambient light of the night.
I had a closet. It spooked me the fuck out though. Every night before going to sleep I would open up the door and check for anyone in there.
My parents knew about it and always told me that one day I would open it up and regret it.
One day when I was about 9 I opened the door up, around 10 so it was dark and I had the lights off, my father had worn a mask and was crouching in the closet.
He jumped up, let out a gutteral scream, and grabbed me.
I was fucking horrified and actually took the time to fill the closet up with everything I could get in there, then locked off the door and boarded it up. I never opened that door again.
>>
>>17832796
So you sealed your own father in the closet for eternity? Damn, that's cold, son.
>>
>>17814040
Smh desu senpai
Tbh
Senpai
>>
I have a weird thing about me where I have many vague memories about being very young (2-3). Here is a dream I have that fuels my belief in god.

Let me start by saying I had never been to church before. I was somewhere between 2-4 when I had this dream. It started in a very white room like a cloud. I was alone in the room for a time, then I saw church pews and people appear in the same room. Then there was a coffin rolled in the front of the room and we all sat down. The coffin was opened and suddenly I realized what was going on was a funeral, for Jesus Christ, right after he was crucified. I believe that before you are born you live with god, and you have lived with god for all eternity before you were born. So my thought now is that the dream occured while I lived with god, at the time that christ was killed.
>>
>>17832847
He deserved it.
>>
File: anguish.png (21KB, 236x197px) Image search: [Google]
anguish.png
21KB, 236x197px
>>17822262
The SHARK, GOD the SHaRk. Just, I remember always being such a flippin' weenie when it came to pools because of the "deep ended shark".
>>
File: 1463178831890.jpg (16KB, 292x229px) Image search: [Google]
1463178831890.jpg
16KB, 292x229px
>>17815052
>>
>>17813977
Fucking this
>>
>>17824211
I also have really vivid memories about going to the doctor as a child and having electrodes being put all over my body. It happened at least twice. My mom says she can't remember.
>>
>>17831105
Th-that's really weird, anon. And a bit too Freudian.

Same age range here. HR Puf'nStuf scared the crap out of me as a kid. I still find it unpleasant...
>>
>>17832525
That's really sad. I hope he got better?
>>
>>17813787
>I also was convinced that my large wall mirror was actually Optimus Prime
optimus prime? a mirror? what? how? why?
>>
I had sleep paralysis as a kid.It was terryfying and i'm not sure if it's paranormal but it seems it may have been.I fell asleep and when i woke i started seeing this man which i didn't know at the time was in Civil War Attire.I doubt if this was a ghost that this is a Civil war related death since i'm on the West coast.
>>
I had and still have a big fear of grey aliens.When i was a kid i would alway get this book on aliens which would be like a horror movie to me since it would be difficult to sleep afterwards.I would still check that book out though.I guess the part that scared me was alien abduction since you are parylized.The thought of ayy lmaos snatching me up while i sleep still scared me to death.
>>
>>17816144
I felt that the best place anything could hide was in the shower so I kept the curtain open.
Every time I whipped it open I was expecting the bitch from the Shining
>>
I used to have a fear of dogs.It stemmed from a reenactment of a dog (pitbull) attack on tv.
>>
I thought I would for sure lose my arms in a nuclear strike and the only chance I had of making it armless was to teach myself to do everything with my feet. To this day I can still do literally everything with my feet that I can with my hands.
>>
>>17819412
HAHA
>>
>>17813787
I use to think that passing cars had scanners and evil robots would get me if they scanned me. So I would always jump onto the couch if I heard one so it couldn't scan me. If I was outside I hide behind brick stairs. I still get nervous when ever cars pass by
>>
>>17813787
Slept with a pocket knife once my dad let me, I was terrified of living shadows in my house. I shit you not I saw shadows moving in my house. So I slept with a knife and with the lights on. I still can't sleep in that house.
>>
I remember being scared shitless of flushing the toilet at my grandma's house because the noise wouldn't let me know if something is getting prepared at the other side of the door
>>
>>17814569
Holy fuck. We had a whole story about paper cutout man. I twas bluish though!
>>
>>17816616
How did you invert the "d" letter?
>>
>>17833882
I also really get real spooky feels from the bathroom. I can't stand it when the door is open and the light is off. It always feel like something is gonna crawl out the mirror. Once I went to close it late at night and while I closed it something on the other side of the bathroom was pushed down. It's real spooky
>>
>>17832497
lol yes that and the other ghost girl pic
I'm glad to finally find out where the hell those pics came from after all these years :)
>>
>>17816616
>dad removes door
>as punishment
your dad was a perv, he wanted you to have no privacy
>>
>>17832783
>I had this overwhelming fear that someone or something was sneaking up on me while I was standing at the counter. I was worried that if I turned around and something was actually there, I would be too terrified to do anything, so instead I would occasionally just casually say things like "You think I don't see you?" or "Try it and see what happens." with my logic being that if there was something actually sneaking up on me it would be like "Holy shit, this kid knows I'm here and doesn't give a fuck, he must mean business." and go find an easier target.

I'm 30 and i still do this shit
>>
>>17832783
At 19 I was really depressed and I'd say instead stuff like "just kill me, stupid" or "can you hurry up?"

Gladly I didn't have that kind of experience
>>
File: 1461711679898.png (73KB, 219x214px) Image search: [Google]
1461711679898.png
73KB, 219x214px
>>17831039
same poster

another thing i did and still do,
>when i was small i would always go on drives with parents, in town out of town anywhere
>usually come home late
>night time on road was scary
>would randomly imagine scary ass monsters behind trees in the countryside
>Even now if i'm coming from out of town late i still imagine scary shit being around the corner.

More
i hate power outages even to this day
i'm afraid to leave my room if power goes out
I'm afraid of the unknown
>>
File: horyshet.jpg (84KB, 500x552px) Image search: [Google]
horyshet.jpg
84KB, 500x552px
>>17813787

>be me
>listening to music on jewtube
>hear whispering
>it isn't a part of the song
>>
When i was about 16, my friend and I used a ouija board in my basement. Nothing in particular was said, it just moved in a figure eight. And a couple days later, bitemarks appeared on my baseboards, fingerprints on my attic door, which nobody has been in since we moved in, one of my mom's crucifixes in a glass case, shattered. and my sister has videos of me making growling noises in my sleep and saying really fucked up shit
>>
>>17830841

Lol kind of, yeah. But I don't think I had watched the show at that point
>>
>>17823841
>Satin
>Afraid of curtains
Fucking kek
>>
>>17814039
Sides in orbit
>>
File: image.jpg (152KB, 1713x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152KB, 1713x667px
>>17816064
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Idhc85tLPNQ
>>
>>17813787
When I was 4 lava scared the shit out of me. One day, it was exactly a year after 9/11 I had a nightmare that lava was in my house and all my family except my dad was on my bed trying to avoid the lava. My dad eventually came into the house and I woke up. When I woke up, it was time to go to school for me. I felt nervous the entire day after that dream.
>>
I used to think Satan lived behind the shower curtain when I was 3. I would make a point of staying as far away from it as possible when my mom would bathe me.

I'm not really sure why I remember that.
>>
>>17834595
>be 3
>already afraid of big bad boogeymen
This can't be too healthy.
>>
>>17834602
Meh, I turned out okay-ish
>>
>>17828964
cause you are a hero and the others are just scaring from their own shadow
>>
File: image.jpg (113KB, 745x730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113KB, 745x730px
>>17818207
Kek could have been the chosen roach ambassador to human kind
>>
I remember being around 7 and when I was laying in bed I'd sometime tap the wall with one arm and reach behind my back and tap it with my other arm. I'd do it in a certain pattern and if I didn't I told my self something weird/bad would happen like my soul wouldn't move on to the afterlife when I died and I'd just cease to existence that it'd just blink out of existence right there.

Was that a sign of autism or just ocd?
>>
>>17834616
I had something similar to this, where if I'd touch something with one hand I'd have to touch it with the other (except there was no consequences for not touching it I just felt like I couldn't do anything until after I touched the object with my other hand)
>>
Terrified of mirrors. Terrified that my reflection would grab me and force me to be the mirror.

Or that I was the mirror all along.
>>
When I was about 6 or 7, I had a really big room, and my bed was about 15 feet away facing the hallway. The door to my room was always open and the hallway light was always on because I was spooked of the dark.
I was afraid that if I ever woke up in the middle of the night, which I often did, and sat up and looked out into the hallway, I'd see a small, dark, gremlin-looking mother fucker walking the halls.
But last year I realized that it wasn't a random fear. I actually remember seeing a tiny man in the halls occasionally at night.
>>
>>17814721
I was probably 7 the last time I got sleep paralysis. I lived in a smaller room upstairs in the house, and like 2/7 days of the week, I would wake up with a few minutes of sleep paralysis.
I couldn't control my body, and I couldnt move at all. I just imagined I would stay like this and I tried screaming but it didnt work, nothing came out, then I would fall back asleep and wake up a bit later and act like nothing happened. It was terrible, but I'm glad I dont have it anymore.
>>
>>17828505
I watched scary movies with my dad, but it wasn't some fake sadistic bullshit, I just wanted to watch movies with my dad.
>>
>>17833942
I used to do this too, but my dad was a prankster, and would stop the car saying it broke and ask me to go check outside knowing I was scared.

He also used to tell us stories of a security guard in a tar factory getting dipped in tar and running to live in the swamps.
>>
>>17834616
>>17834628
I had a similar thing where if I chewed food on one side of my mouth, I would have to chew it the exact same number of times on the other side of my mouth, then TWICE as many times in the middle.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 240x240px
This fucker legit terrified me as a kid.
>>
>>17816601
I can't either. My last gf always wanted the door open when we slept and it freaked me the fuck out.
>>
I had a few random fears as a kid:

Like loads of other people, I hated flushing the toilet at night. Our bathroom was just about small enough to flush from half way out of the door, and then I'd run like holy hell. I also share the having to run up the stairs after turning out the downstairs light thing.

Thanks to a tv programme I don't remember, I was convinced that if I slept with my ears uncovered, a mind-controlling slug would get into my brain.

I hated (and still hate, actually) windows at night. I'm not a big fan of mirrors either, but windows are far worse.

General weirdness rather than a fear, but I always had to line up the light switches in the house. In the hallway, we had two light switches, each with three actual switches, and I can remember spending ages to make sure that the switches all pointed the same way, all while making sure that I never ended up in complete darkness.

Oh, and my parents traumatised me with a very realistic Alien-themed ghost train when I was about 6 or 7. In the queue, they had actual news readers talking about a crashed space ship, which was more than enough to convinced me that it was real. I still hate ghost trains.
>>
>>17813787
I had a bunch of really weird, specific fears as a kid

>Life sized wind-up vampire, lying in wait for me inside my parent's walk-in closet

>Bedroom ceiling sprouts jellyfish tendrils and kills me

>Pillow transforms into giant cicada while I'm laying on it

>Mirrors, but only at night

>Vagrant Flat Stanley sliding under my door to kill me
>>
>>17813787
I was scared if I didn't use the toilet the toilet would drag me in and eat me. I was a fucking retard.
>>
File: ac.gif (499KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
ac.gif
499KB, 400x296px
>>17828970
his death was absolutely mortifying to be in a kids movie.
>>
>>17816029
bet you'd forgotten about this though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idhc85tLPNQ

welcome to your childhood nightmares
>>
>>17835238
>mind-controlling slug
that was Spongebob wasn't it? Idk I vaguely remember it, but I'm not sure what show it was
>>
>>17835302
My guess it's Animorphs. Watch out for the Yeerks.
>>
>>17828659
Don't worry anon, black people aren't real.
>>
File: tumblr_o7cpdhRMcj1rmerh9o1_500.jpg (19KB, 480x405px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7cpdhRMcj1rmerh9o1_500.jpg
19KB, 480x405px
I was a pussy as a kid (crazy mother will do that to you) and it made me so afraid of things related to death? We saw a museum exhibit called "body worlds" (where'd they inject plastic into cadavers and display them, actually pretty cool now) but as a child i fucking hated it. I was terrified the bodies would haunt me because I stared at them. Same with another exhibit called "Bog people" about kids ritualisticly thrown into peat bogs that preserved their bodies. Something about seeing dead things scared the hell out of me and I thought I'd be haunted by disrespecting their remains.
Also the chucky doll, the sunnyvale ghost i read about as a kid, fuckin bloody mary, email chain ghosts... also a discovery channel game I played as a kid that had you send astronauts to the moon. I didn't realize they could die and when one did I broke down because I felt like a murderer to this "person" and i felt like i'd be punished for it. good times bein young
>>
>>17814040
>grown men
>/x/

everyone here's like 13 though and likes Five Nights at Freddies and thinks mermaids are real.
>>
>>17813787
Used to have a constant fear of the lady from Dead Silence, Mary Shaw trying to attack me because my grandma and dad were watching the movie when I sneaked in and watched a bit of it. Back when I was 10 and me mother and I first started staying in my step dads house over the weekends, I'd need to sleep upstairs on the couch, and the hallway would always be lengthwise from my head, so I would always fear her appearing in the hallway and trying to attack me. We needed to keep the hallway light on for a whole year to help me sleep, and even then I was still scared. At 15 I still had a fear of that hallway, even though I browsed \x\ kinda often, and I'd always look down the hallway and say "Goodnight" and wave to signal that I was just a friendly kid, in the hopes that I wouldn't be murdered. I remember some very vivid nightmares that I had because of that movie. There was a large house with a room filled with big glass windows instead of walls, and one big wall with a fireplace and a staircase. The staircase lead to the attic and then up there I'd see some grotesque monster and Mary Shaw. This dream reoccurred until I got over my Mary Shaw fear. Still can't watch Dead Silence or look at dolls after this shit.

Also around the age of 10 I went into hospital, and as soon as I got out I saw my mum reading a Big W magazine (pretty much K-Mart for all you Americucks) and it advertised Steven King's "It" as on sale, and from seeing the movie cover in that magazine I developed a fear of clowns.
>>
Mirrors freaked me the fuck out but they still do so I guess that doesn't count.
My old house when I was living with my grandparents was hell, not sure if the place was actually haunted or if my mind just liked to give me a good spook but I often saw figures walk through the hallway from bedroom to bedroom.
also
>be about 6-7
>staying the night at grandparents
>in my old room
>wake up randomly
>go piss and get some water
>laying to go back to sleep, happen to just look around the room
>memories
>see my old teddy bear
>thing was fucking big, about 3 feet tall and fat
>happiest looking thing
>suddenly its head turns towards me
>waves at me a few times
>goes back to normal
>NOPE.exe, hide under covers until i sleep again

never stayed there again for a few years desu. maybe it was just saying bye but fucked me up
>>
>>17813787

I'm not sure where it came from, but I had a ritual in the bathroom. After I had used the toilet, I would need to flush it, rush to the door and open it, rush back to the light switch and run out of the bathroom before the toilet finished flushing because I thought something bad would happen if I was still in the room when the noise stopped.
>>
When i was young, I lived in a pretty big house with my parents when they were still together. Anyways, at the end of the upstairs hallway there was a door that led into this huge guest room. I don't know what it was supposed to be or what it should be called, but I just assumed it was some kind of guest room or rec room since my mom's treadmill was in there. I always was afraid to go into that room alone even if it was a bright sunny day. I just felt seriously off and spooked everytime I went in there alone. There was also this weird closet to the left when you entered the room where I'm 100% sure something spoopy lied. Sometimes i had dreams about that room and they were horrible nightmares.

Also I always thought Chucky from the Child's Play series lived in my basement and would kill me one day.

But to this day, I swear to god that house had to have been haunted or some shit, childhood innocence aside.
>>
freddy krueger.

i accidentally watched a bit of freddy vs jason when my mom thought i was sleeping. shit fucked me up. i can still remember what freaked me out the most (jason stabbing the dude in the back and folds the bed in half). i don't know why freddy scared me when it was mostly jason doing the killing from what i saw. but i was fucking terrified of freddy getting me for YEARS.

now nightmare on elm st is one of my favorite movies. go figure.
>>
>>17835805
Chapman, stop drunkposting.
>>
>>17835938
Oh, sorry. Tom, go back to being dead.
>>
I was afraid that if I left my bedroom door open a monster would come in and eat me but if I left it close a monster would come from my closet/window and I wouldn't have time to escape. I would always leave it half open but I never forget about it
>>
I used to be scared of public toilets flushing, the really loud noise bothered me
>>
I remember going through this one phase where I was terrified of rats (I had never actually seen one in person, so kind of a strange thing to be scared of)
I would be so paranoid while taking a shower because I thought a lot of rats would come out of nowhere and start biting me.
>>
File: alsofrightening.gif (2MB, 245x234px) Image search: [Google]
alsofrightening.gif
2MB, 245x234px
>>17835358
>>
>>17835540
You have to be 18 or older to post on 4Chan.
>>
>>17835994
Seriously, though, take your roleplay bullshit elsewhere.
>>
>>17836381
I'm 20 you retard.
>>
File: FeardotCom_poster.jpg (38KB, 299x444px) Image search: [Google]
FeardotCom_poster.jpg
38KB, 299x444px
The little girl from this movie fucked me up pretty bad
>>
>>17835182
thats good for your jaw desu
>>
>>17824788
i saw hills have eyes 2 i swear i wont use a portable toilet without hovering wielding a knife
>mutant hillbilly comes through toilet and grabs the guys dick as he is taking a shit
>>
>>17827248
post pic
>>
File: rapistwalrus.png (472KB, 933x619px) Image search: [Google]
rapistwalrus.png
472KB, 933x619px
This 'orrible cunt
>>
>>17813977
Boy, that book was dog shit
>>
>>17837264
You just have no taste.
>>
>>17814569
>>Go back to sleep
See this is how you know this is bullshit, maybe you really did think you saw that when you were a kid, but if you really saw it, then there's no way you'd be falling back asleep. Cmon son
>>
>>17837268
The writing is objectively bad. King is a hack.
>>
>>17837274
You would think that, but if you'd been here long enough, you'd notice this happens a lot in greentext threads, with kids or older anons.
>>
>>17837281
Huh, strange that all fictional stories would have something in common
>>
>>17823429
Me too anon
>>
When my brother and I were young,we lived close to train tracks. Our grandmother liked to fuck with us,so she told us that it was the ghost train coming to get us. Every time we heard the whistle blow at night,we would come crying to our Parent's room.
>>
>>17814569
I've also experienced a paper cutout man. I was pissed and crying mad at my parents and out of nowhere this guy peeks into my room and waves but hes literally two-dimensional. It was fucked. I ran the fuck away.
>>
File: 2605_9_screenshot.png (2MB, 1290x710px) Image search: [Google]
2605_9_screenshot.png
2MB, 1290x710px
>>17813787
Not gonna lie. When I was like three I was obsessed with Scooby Doo. I ended up watching the terrible Scooby Doo movie with those shitty CGI purple demon things (pic related) and one night I "saw" one climb in my window and I screamed and tried to run out of my room but my mom set up one of those child gates instead of a door, so I just screamed for my mom while it drew closer and I don't remember anything after that. Still fucked me up though.
>>
I watched the Ring when I was way too young and was afraid of any turned off screen for a long time.
>>
>>17828165
Monster quest my dude
>>
>>17834154
What kind of fucked up shit?
>>
File: fat cat scat.jpg (6KB, 300x233px) Image search: [Google]
fat cat scat.jpg
6KB, 300x233px
I was scared of this segment on Sesame Street. I'd have nightmares of it every night when I was little, and didn't get over it until I was 13 and watched a sped up version on YouTube. Even now I get a little uneasy when it comes on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yuMzzREsUU
>>
>>17813787
An individual's personality might be their window toward infinite possibility
>>
>>17815354
You're gonna die bro
>>
>>17832861
Jesus went to hell when he died for 3 days.
>>
File: RaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg (19KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
RaphaelOnJazzHornSolo.jpg
19KB, 318x159px
>>17813787

My biggest childhood fear is depersonalization, and I do not think I would be wise to get over that, yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

>>17835238
>>17835320

When I recount childhood horrors in being the victim of identity theft, my posts get deleted.

It goes to verify what I was saying about media that derogates the viewer.
>>
>>17814721
Holy shit this exact same thing happened to me. Except it was like green, rolling across the floor, and came from my closet.
>>
>>17834616
I used to have to take a number of steps that was a multiple of either 4 or 9 before stepping onto another surface I was a kid (like from carpet to tiles), since they were square numbers
>>
I was scared that my teddy bear was going to kill me because of a TV show I saw about how some kid mistreated her toy and it stuffed her full of wood chippings, it went on for quite a few years and I'd see him in my dreams tapping on windows and stuff like that

I was scared of being abducted by aliens too and I was really scared my house was going to burn down and I would have to jump out the window
>>
File: 1357327358.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1357327358.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>17840561

Was the TV show Grizzly Tales for Gruesome kids by any chance?

Shit scared me when I was younger too, the episode with the bear stuffing the girl with wood chippings spooked me but that episode with the bogman made me scared to use the bathroom at night for whatever reason
>>
I had recurring nightmares for 5 years of ET coming through my window and murdering me, usually eating the back of my neck as I ran/stayed in bed trying to ignore and pretend it wasn't real. I still remember the feeling of him eating my neck, a horrible tickling sensation that id still feel when I awoke.
>>
>>17828022
apology for poor english

where were u wen earwig died?

i was sitting at some rocks when pjotr ring

'earwig is kill'

'no'
>>
>>17822019
Same thing with the resident evil. I was like 6 at the time I acquired said phobia. We had this big flat screen TV and itwas hooked up to a ps2 and I was walking across the living room at like 2am to piss and my dad was playing Resident Evil: Dead Aim with a Capcom gun and the TV on max volume. At the time I thought fake toy guns like nerf and such were what real guns looked like so when I saw him I thought he was shooting a real damn zombie. I still cannot deal with zombies. If I even hear zombie like sounds or hear the word zombie I start getting nervous. If I pass a Zombie movie channel surfing I go into panic mode and grab all the kitchen knives before I even realize what the hell I'm doing.
>>
File: 1466667118635.jpg (206KB, 938x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1466667118635.jpg
206KB, 938x1500px
Had a nightmare when I was 5-7 that had these giant cat heads peek around the doorframe (think black cat fireworks logo) one by one on top of each other then would float into my room as disembodied cat heads closer and closer to my bed haha
On slightly less light fare, I would have dreams that took place during the night in my house where other aspects from school (ie a water fountain) and other things would be featured. In these dreams there was figure made completely of shadow that would stalk me and could not be hurt in any way.
I even managed once in my life to come close to lucid dreaming in which I would pull out successively bigger guns and shoot him, causing him to kneel on the ground. To my dismay he simply got back up and kept coming.
>>
>>17835476
Even you, anon?
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.