[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here ever contacted their government, under the "Freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1464539397556.jpg (13KB, 570x806px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464539397556.jpg
13KB, 570x806px
Has anybody here ever contacted their government, under the "Freedom of Information Request"? (That sounds like a horribly structured sentence,sorry about that. It's probably going to continue ahead)

If so, what did you inquire about? How did you go about it? Did you get any answers? Was it what you expected?

I'm going to be doing it soon. Since it only costs $5. And of course, im going to be asking them about alien/UFO sightings and the like. I just wanted to make sure I'm asking everything I should, in the right way (so they can't "give me an answer" without actually answering my questions). Give me things to discover for you /x/.

Background: I'm from Canada, near the US/CDN border. I've seen weird things in the sky, over the past 5 years. I'm starting to look for the ayylmaos.

Also, who here is going to the MUFON "Alien Cosmic Expo" meeting in Brant, Ont next weekend?
>>
>>17805373
You'll get everything you ask for but you'll also go onto a list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48RX6xqKjnU
>>
>>17805413
How do you know of this list? Is it bad to be on said list? I feel like the Canadian government doesn't put as much thought into these kinds of things as the US government. Especially since Cuckdeau
>>
>>17805413
Also, that video is surprisingly good
>>
That video was badass
>>
What happens when you get put on this list?
what is the purpose of this list?
>>
>>17805373
The price can change depending how much info and how many hours it took to get said info. There are a few criteria they can deny you under. Also, be specific.
>>
>>17805373
>>17805427
Here you go OP the US FOIA list of people who've made requests

http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Reading_Room/FOIA_Logs/

And a speech by a person from the EFF explaining how to submit FOIA's in the US

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dauPftZebac
>>
anon don't bother.

not canadian, but Id wager your system is substantially similar

theyll be a bunch of rules on whether producing docs is unduly burdensome on the department/office, and a long list of exemptions. the biggest two youll run into are nat security or docs that producing would be a breach of confidence or professional privilege - how do i know that? i work for a firm often hired to produce reports/docs for the gov to deliberately exempt from foi
>>
>>17808514
That's a huge list. Just one of the links gave me 52 pages with names and reasons...that's wild.
>>
>>17812270
Yep. I have no idea how extensive the list really is, but I imagine that it's a complete list due to the requirements of a the laws around FOIA's.

If you go to http://www.dod.mil/pubs/foi/Reading_Room you can see a large amount of FOIA documents that have been released covering a large range of subjects such as UFOs and DARPA
>>
File: Eye chart2.png (15KB, 425x550px) Image search: [Google]
Eye chart2.png
15KB, 425x550px
>>17805373
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.