[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ what do you guys know about the Mandela effect and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

File: TheMandelaEffect.jpg (247KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
TheMandelaEffect.jpg
247KB, 500x667px
Hey /x/ what do you guys know about the Mandela effect and what could it pertain as far as the paranormal goes?

Thanks!
>>
>>17788119
w2c?
>>
x4f
>>
>>17788119
It's just people remembering things incorrectly. For some reason they'd rather attribute that to shifting dimensions rather than the frailty of their own memory.
>>
>>17788156
No it is not you shill.
>>
File: shill.png (178KB, 620x264px) Image search: [Google]
shill.png
178KB, 620x264px
>>17788157
Here you go.
>>
>>17788161
then prove those memories are false protip:you can't
>>
>>17788168
Good luck proving memory of real, moron.
>>
>>17788168
I don't have to because objective reality proves they're false.
>>
I find the idea of the Mandela Effect interesting, but false memories are common, as is confirmation bias.
>>
>>17788174
what about information found in old newspapers, can they also be false?
>>
>>17788172
This

The Mandela Effect runs on the assumption that the brain is perfect. That simply is not true, it can misremember things. It's an interesting theory but is in no way true. Thought it was Bearstein bears instead of Bearstein? It's not proof of a parallel universe, just proof a lot of people can't spell
>>
>>17788177
Sure, same with TV news. Just look at anything put out by newscorps(Rupert Murdock's companies)
>>
>>17788177
Obviously. Newspapers are subject to human error as well. I've never seen any newspaper clippings in these threads, though.
>>
>>17788119
Dont thank /x/ newfag
>>
>>17788168
https://scholar.google.ca/scholar?q=false+memory&btnG=&hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&as_vis=1
>>
>>17788177
What information are you referring to? Mandela's obituary?
>>
File: tumblr_nz5gq6a1cH1tuaz2oo1_500.gif (318KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz5gq6a1cH1tuaz2oo1_500.gif
318KB, 500x500px
It's obvious that it's just people misunderstanding something or misremembering something from their childhood, and instead of realizing that, they blame the world and claim that these thing shave been changed. Popular examples such as the Berenstain bears books are popular because they are lowest common denominator, something that most kids would mis hear or mis remember because the books are read TO them (they're for pretty young kids) and not by them so that they would actually see and understand the words or way the title was spelled. It's bullshit. The more common the misconception, the more power it gains as an example in these conspiratard's minds.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxxSIX3fmmo

I saw this when I was young and thought the berenstein being berensteen thing was related with this scene.
>>
>>17788178

Faggot
>>
>>17788168
Anon, could you imagine your favorite childhood moment for me? I could be birthday, or a holiday or a vacation, anything. Can you just remember yourself there, a picture in your head of that moment or moments? Now I have a question, can you see yourself?
>>
>>17788227
This i used to pronounce tutorial as too ritual as a kid, took me like 3 years to consistently say it normally
>>
File: image.gif (118KB, 649x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
118KB, 649x640px
>>17788119
>Mandela effect
I always remembered it as being the mandala effect - due to it being about differing representations of the universe.
>>
>>17788119
OMG DAE the character Bart Simpson has ALWAYS been WHITE(yellow) not BLACK!!
Universe W checking in!
>>
its bullshit.
>>
>>17791115
in 4th grade science class i raised my hand and corrected my teacher for saying "procedure" instead of "prodecure" because it just didn't sound like a legit word to me and i even thought it was misspelled on the board too
>>
>>17788597
Butt mad of the year
>>
>>17793693
Shit, one of the true originals.
>>
>>17793869
the idea that we travelled universes is absolutely bullshit, but i think it's an interesting psychological phenomenon
>>
Don't believe in this bullshit but I have noticed that in the past two years everyone I know says shit differently know. Subtle but there.
Height-heigth
Doing a split- doing the splits
>>
File: 1465517563734.jpg (956KB, 2268x2820px) Image search: [Google]
1465517563734.jpg
956KB, 2268x2820px
>>17788227
This is the most plausible theory.

But, I have a problem with this memory, Von Economo neurons are the best memory neurons we have, are designed to hold the knowledge that had to be obvious to us, the most basic things that are part of our self image and the image we have of the world.

This memory mistakes seem to be related to early memories, that have to be located in our long term memory.

Is there a way to generate a false memory for an especific event like this?

Yes, there is?

It's completly possible to create an artificial fake memory, the bear books are a limited edition, there's an specific number of books out there, most of us probably never owned a book, instead we read them on public places like libraries or kindergartens, it is possible to remove all the books and replace them in a controlled experiment.

It will take time and money, but it's far from impossible.

You coud replace a small fact like this, and your brain will have problems with the new memory if it contradicts what it's located in your Von Economo neurons.

It could be an incredible experiment.

This is extremely easier to do in the information age, now that some data it's only seen trough computer code, you could change an entire event and people will struggle to know if it's true, but ultimately they will accept the new version.

Cause it's easier to doubt your own memory, and occam razor that theory away.

You can get away with murder, cause, even if a lot o people doubt the new version it could be blamed on human failure.

We as imperfect creatures can be fooled, by the seemingly fail proof system, of remembering things as digital data.

We objectively can't tell, if some data is real or not, anymore.

I know that some anon aroud here is testing an AI who uses internet data as database.

If we ask that AI if 9/11 was an inside job, what do you think it will be his answer?

If his info is based on internet databases.

Is that correct?

It is for the AI.
>>
Isn't Gene Wilder dead? Hasn't he been dead? I saw a post on imgur today about it being his birthday with the dates 06/11/1933 - 06/11/2016 and all the comments were like "oh you made my heart skip a beat", "he died?", "at first I thought 'how unfortunate he died on his birthday'". People are acting like he's not dead or that they would be surprised if he was dead. Didn't he die, like years ago. FML.
>>
>>17798022
Damn. He's alive. I swear he's been dead for years now. WTF.
wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Wilder
>>
>>17796275
> can't even write "differently now" properly
> claiming that people make spelling mistakes now

are you fucking retarded mate
>>
the real problem is there are actual weird shit and then there's fucking idiots mixing in their own head cannon

>new jfk footage is weird and bizarre
>U GUISE REMEMBER FREDDY MERCURY WAS PRESIDENT XDDDDD
>>
>>17797892
man moa were the jam. I wish we still had some wandering about
>>
>>17788177
pics or it didnt happen
>>
>>17798022
Is it because you were thinking of Richard Prior?
>>
>>17788604
Underrated comment. Memory is not infallible. If you assess your own mind rather than just bumbling through life like a bunch of uncritical fucktards you'd see that.
>>
>>17793738
Bart... Isn't black...
Bro are you okay? You smell toast? Hit your head?
>>
>>17798022
Probably people are thinking of Richard Pryor or even Gilda.
I'm old as balls so I remember how fucked up he was after Gilda. Plus people always assume that old actors who drop out of the public eye are dead.
>>
What I never understood about "Mandela died in Prison" idea is:

1. People were activly following South African politics.

2. Despite 1. They cannot tell you anything else about SA history post Mandela death. Like his wife probably would have gone full on super terrorist.

3. Mandela's repute is largely derived from his getting out of prison.

So does anyone have the alternate SA history avaliable and does jive an all accounts? I doubt both.
>>
>>17798062
The "Freddie Mercury was president" thing was a dumb joke I made to kind of poke fun at how absurd these threads are.
>>
>>17798048
OH-EM-GEE U GUISE, PARALLEL REALITY!!!!1!
>>
this board is the worst, you'd rather discuss demons and retarded shit like that instead of something actually interesting like this, fucking shills.

tell me, if this theory is so retarded for you then why is CERN aware of it?

pay attention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0Lt9yUf-VY
>>
The only one of the common things attributed to the mandela effect that I cannot understand how it could be engoneered or just misremembering something is the "is/was like a box of chocolates" one.
>>
>>17800373
>this board is the worst, you'd rather discuss demons and retarded shit like that instead of something actually interesting like this, fucking shills
>interesting
>not retardec
>Mandela effect

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha haha haha haha haha hahaha haha haha haha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha haha haha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha haha hahaha
>>
>>17801425
jesus, calm down you fucking autist
>>
>>17788227
This was my take on it untill news came out that Ali died recently

Fucker died when I was a kid, my father and grandfather both remember it that way too.

Now I'm just confused.
>>
>>17798048

In b4 he ends up sadly dying this year as well
>>
>>17788119

Why the hell is Bart a negro in that image?
I dont understand. Is there some negro Bart in another parallel universe or something?
>>
>>17799542
No. I just really thought he had died.
>>
>>17788119
In my opinion, The singularity was a male seed, the universe that now contains all that matter is a female womb.
Think of a dandelion in a balloon, seeds are stars, blow it up.
If it's bi products contain intelligence surely when condensed in one spot it also did (God) let there be light it split and thus the universe happened, they just calculated it ages ago and didn't tell you, this is how stone henge maps every solstice without fail, and the pyramids can count a full 26,000 year rotation of the stars aligned to Orion, because we are mathematic astrologers - things that look and calculate - self aware, nothing else does this because it is not self aware, a dog cannot predict the bounce of a ball with maths and usually scatters to catch it, we can play tennis with balls at 100mph.
I'll show you the standard frame of thinking, what does a sundial do? Tells the time?
Also gives you the information of how to cast a shadow using mass and positioning of the sun - alternative thought, swing this round to Mayan temples, snake shadow displays just before the sun passes through a doorway, these people were astrological mathematicians, displayed in the long count, it was not to earths destruction it's likely a time phase of stars, or earths plates activities which have increased dramatically since.
Are we interfering with this as we have calculated it since the dawn of time? Maybe.
>>
I recently rewatched early GoT episodes. I vividly remember seeing a backflash of jamie lannister killing the mad king, but it wasnt there. Was this scene in a special or something`?
>>
>>17788178
>>17788174
>>17788156

A lot of people can collectively misremember things. A common suffix in German/Jewish American names is "Stein" and "Stine"; this alone can lead people to believe it's "Berenstein". Or when George Bush said "Mandela is dead", it could have made people briefly talk about it as if he had passed, giving grammatical cues which don't have to explicitly say that he's dead, but that common theme, like using past tense when talking about him, could cause a lot of people to assume that Mandela is dead.

But that doesn't mean there's no such thing as the mandela effect.
>>
>Febreze
only with one 'e'

but when searching "febreeze" with quotes

aperentley everyone got it wrong? with two ee's?

https://archive.is/8lWUT

https://archive.is/P1fAo

even gutenberg got it wrong?

https://archive.is/vJH18

EVEN THE HOMEPAGE ITSELF?

https://archive.is/RL44k

the fuck.
>>
>>17803640
hey snowflake, did your shitty thread not get enough attention? Going to namefagging here too?
>>
>>17803659
sometimes firms with names, that get misspelled a lot use similar domains to redirect to the actual page

gogle.com
>>
>>17803688
>misspelled a lot
huh
>>
>>17803663
I like your opinions, you're a really nice guy with a very intelligent mind and full of knowledge.
>>
>>17801600
>tapping an autocomplete word on phone
>called autist
ok, fonzie, sure thing. As soon as you stop sucking donkey cock.

To reiterate, however, the "Mandela Effect" is simply a manufactured response to people being narcissistic, ignorant, entitled morons who want validation for their subpar cognitive function. Plain and simple.
>>
>>17798022
Gene is definitely dead don't you fuck with me you cunt he died a long time ago :/
>>
>>17803696
???
>>
>>17788119
Do you guys know if there was a fairly odd parents episode where Timmy and Cosmo and Wanda were travelling through television programs and they get to the Simpsons universe?
>>
>>17803740
but I remember it so V I V I D L Y

btw if you want some cringe you should check out reddit.com/r/mandelaeffect
>>
>>17788119
In my original universe, there was no Nelson Mandela. There there was this (reallt bad) song about freeing Nelson Mandela that appeared on college radio stations. Suddenly, retroactively, there was a Nelson Mandella.

Then he had a wife, who was not in jail, who worked as a dominatrix.

That changed, then.

Then he died. And died a few years later. Screwy stuff. Too much to believe.

At this point I've decided that he never existed.
>>
Fascinating idea, no worthwhile evidence.

As another anon pointed out, the brain is not perfect and false/incorrect memories are not uncommon. Plus, if I remember correctly (lolo), even memories of things that actually did happen degrade and become more inaccurate each time they're recalled.
>>
Im from a universe where The Bearstain bears were called the Bearastino bear and were a mob family
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.