[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone else read other's heart/soul just by looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: souls.jpg (532KB, 1012x576px) Image search: [Google]
souls.jpg
532KB, 1012x576px
Can anyone else read other's heart/soul just by looking at them? I feel like it is my god given ability, the only catch is - it doesn't work for people I want to become more than intimate with (love). With my ability I get small gut-feelings and I start making tons of assumptions on a person, most of which are right. What would you call it? Face-reading? Experience? Obnoxiousness? Sometimes my readings go a step deeper than personality reading, I can also identify motives with real accuracy. I go on alot of dating apps, I normally don't read the profiles. I just go in with like 10 assumptions about the person I am going to talk to, and yes I draw alot of my assumptions from appearance, It's not wrong to say your soul reflects on your appearance. And I usually just know what kind of person they are. And as I talk more and more, I see I am right based on their responses. Truly intriguing.
>>
>>17787433
I feel like I can I instantly pick up vibes from people and read them and I was told by an old lady once that I have a gift of reading people.
>>
>>17787433
You're just good at reading faces m8. It's not jeebus powers or ghost magic.
>>
>>17787433
congrats, you can sense the most shallow perceptions of a person and apply them to their entire being. Be proud and go out and trivialize people by their appearance while pretending to have a "deeper understanding" of the world around you.

While you are at it, go to a bookstore and read front and back covers and just pretend you read the whole thing with complete understanding. Everyone will be impressed
>>
>>17787433
I'm the opposite. The only individuals that I've ever been able to "read" we're girlfriends that I've been seriously intimate with. I could project my thoughts to one of my old ex's and she could pick up on them. We'd lay in bed together in the dark, and I would just push thoughts and images from my brain to her's, and with out even seeing what I was doing, she would say "stop thinking at me, I'm trying to sleep" or something along those lines.
>>
>>17787433
I'm good at sensing lies. I think its one of the reasons I'm reclusive.

I rarely have the heart to tell people. Maybe we should all keep it in mind that lots of people are good at reading each other, not many reveal what we really know about each other.
>>
>>17787433

I know what you mean.

>>17787486

It's not about fast, glib conclusions based off appearance.

It's more intangible, if you'll forgive the description on this board.

I work in a small, old hotel. Yes, it's spooky, but that's beside the point. I do everything, check ins and outs, wash laundry, park cars, security. Now I have to watch out for the safety of the guests, and the biggest threat to it is other guests.

I meet people from all around the world every day, with booking companies I don't even get personal info, just a name. We play at guessing which name when someone arrives.

OK, so I can tell what type of person they are watching them walk up to and enter the hotel. Seriously. I know if it will be a difficult check in, if they are smokers, if they are violent or aggressive before they even introduce themselves. Chalk it up to years of experience dealing with people, but it is a bit uncanny which is awkward for me to admit. Other employees do not check in someone if I offer them to do so, they know I'm just avoiding trouble, they've learned I can tell. Sometimes I tell them to watch a guest and they say the person has been nothing but nice, and without fail they are caught in something, abusing cleaning staff, going into other rooms or even stealing. I always call the police before there is trouble and I've never called them in vain.

I've rationalized it as people have many different tells on their character by how they carry themselves moment to moment, and you can read emotion and intention. But I really can explain how I do it. But I really can just pick the bad eggs out of the bunch, and successfully tell you what makes them bad from just seeing them.

It's weird, I don't think it's paranormal, I think it might be the polar opposite of not being able to read emotions or intentions in others, simply just more observant and intuitive about people.
>>
>>17788108

Full disclosure: I "trigger" people who I think will be trouble into making a scene and getting violent at check in so I can throw them out there and then.

Once I ignored my instinct and another employee paid for it when I wasn't there. The man was calm with me but I could see he was very disrespectful and angry, and I thought he just treated me well out of fear, but I thought that was egotistical of me. Morning after he returns drunk and screams and the lady in the morning about things in his room. He actually climbs up behind the front desk and screams her into a corner, the maintenance guy arrived for work early (luckily) and took care of it.
>>
>>17788111
It sounds like you're a big fat special snowflake and also bad at your job. Congrats, this definitely deserved its own thread
>>
>>17788108
Never mind all of the jealous gits ITT.

The skill you are describing is called cold reading. It's what mentalists use for their stage acts. Charlatan psychics also use it, whether or not they have a stage act built up. As you've found, it's very practical for real life's honest activities.

How it works is basically as you've said. You read body language and facial expressions at a level of detail most people do not. I'm nowhere near a professional level at it myself, but after working enough retail, I learned how to spot the things that would be immediately relevant. Like you, I can spot a jackass customer a mile away.

Any sort of public-facing job where you deal with loads of strangers coming in all day gives you a shitton of practice, and it's natural to learn to spot the incoming bad first because that's what can cause you trouble. Then come the other correlations.

So yeah, it's a thing and definitely real. Those with doubts can look up cold reading.
>>
I can sort of read a person by text, and face. I can tell how they feel.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.