[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My neighbor had a garage sale a week before he was going to move

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: CloseToWhatImTalkingAbout.jpg (7KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CloseToWhatImTalkingAbout.jpg
7KB, 640x480px
My neighbor had a garage sale a week before he was going to move a few hours away to Seattle, when I was 9. I had around $10 saved in my kiddie wallet, so I decided to walk across the gravel divide and join the rest of the neighborhood looking through his stuff. I brought over a pair of binoculars I found on a shelf. I told him I had $10 on me and he said that was okay, since I was a kid and they weren't really expensive anyway. I hurried back to my yard and climbed up the jungle gym in my backyard, to the top. I sat down and peered through the binoculars, to the mountains ahead of me. I looked around and saw some cool rocks but nothing else. I was looking at some birds that were perched on top of a boulder when they suddenly flew away. A man stepped out from behind it. It was a half silhouette, half man figure. I could make out a flannel shirt, thick jeans, a beard, he was basically a lumberjack. I thought that was odd since this part of Washington had no forests, it was closer to a desert sort of environment. He waved at me, and for some reason, I waved back. He went back behind his rock.
>>
The next day I looked for him again, and he didn't show up. And the next day as well. After a few more days of searching, I gave up. The rest of the summer was okay. I built a fort, went to Disneyland, and had loads of fun with my friends. When I was 14, my parents had found a nice house closer to their jobs, as well as my school. We were moving all our stuff into my dad's large truck, which was also hauling a trailer. He would take it to the new house and be back in 5 minutes. We were going to me and my sibling's boxes last. I was looking through my stuff, and found the old binoculars. I wiped a small portion of dust off the lens with my shirt and looked through. I was taller, so I didn't have to climb anything to get a closer look at the boulder on the mountain. It had only been about 4 seconds, when I actually noticed something strange. There was a flock of crows on the boulder exactly like last time, but they were even in the same position they had been in 5 years ago. 3 of them were sitting still, and the other two fighting for a small piece of food a little ways away. They flew away again as the same Lumberjack man from before appeared. He looked exactly the same. He waved at me. This time, cautiously, I waved back. He went back behind the rock.
>>
The new home was closer to the mountain. A few days later, during the weekend, I decided to go to the foothills. I thought I could maybe get close enough to the boulder, and peek around the edge so I could see if there really was a man standing there. I reached the top of the first hill, and I saw a small house hidden by a few trees that I hadn't payed attention to before. There was a girl my age there, blonde, dark blue eyes, and a little shorter than me, reading a book underneath one of the trees. She looked up at me and stood up, and smiled. I stared for a few seconds and walked up. I told her my name and she told me hers. "I haven't seen you at school before, did you just move here?" I asked. It was a small town, so you pretty much knew all the kids in your grade. She said she moved here 3 days ago, and that she was starting school this Monday. I noticed the house was only about a football field away from the boulder and asked if she had seen the man up there on the mountain earlier. She said she hadn't seen anything since she moved here. I told her to take care and I walked back home.
>>
I was 16 now, a Sophomore in High School and it looked like everything was going well. By then my group of friends was well defined and we would always hang out and mess with each other, eat lunch together, things like that. After school I would go home and the girl would come over and we would usually walk around the fields or play video games, and talk about whatever was on our minds. I finally got the balls to ask her out on a date. I breathed a sigh of relief as she happily said yes. I'd never had a girlfriend before, mostly because I never really liked any of the other girls at school, and when I did I usually dismissed it, since I never thought I would actually succeed. We went to the movies and this dating thing went on for a few more months. It was the happiest time of my life. By now it was spring. My gf told me she would be at home by herself since her Mom had to go work late that night (her dad was out of the picture). Hundreds of thoughts of sexy times appeared in my head as I found myself knocking on her door. She asked if I wanted to come inside and watch a movie or something (fireworks were going off in my head). I said yeah and sat down on the couch as she went to go get some soda from her fridge. While she looked for a good movie, I looked outside and noticed someone walking back from town towards the mountain, not quite in our direction. She put on some movie from the late 80's or early 90's, I forget. I looked outside once more and saw the man in lumberjack clothing casually waving to me this time, right next to the boulder, his hand up in a small, friendly gesture. This time, however, it looked like he had aged alot. I closed my eyes for a second and when I opened them, he was gone. My gf brought me back to reality by asking what was wrong. I casually said that it looked like a deer or something was outside, and that she missed it. The movie started and the night continued.
>>
About half an hour into the movie, we were making out with a passion and my head was spinning at 1000 miles an hour. Then I my eyes opened a little and I saw something moving outside. It was the waving man, (come to cockblock me just as we were getting started, I thought) and he was waving so hard with both hands It looked like he was trying to alert me.
My phone rang. Now I had to deal with her mother, too. We stopped as I answered my phone, a bored look on my gf's face. I was about to say hello when I heard something that nearly made me drop the phone. It was a man screaming furiously. My gf had a scared look on her face. I manned up and asked who was calling. A deep, bone chilling voice asked, "what are you doing with my little girl?" my gf looked at me with tears in her eyes, really scared. I asked if it was her dad pulling a prank or something, although I knew her dad had left when she was younger, as her mom told me. She said "Anon, my... my dad is dead." Then who was on the other end of the line, I wondered. Just then he hung up and we sat there, scared. I locked the doors and we stayed up until her mother came home, and we told her everything. She didn't know what to say, except to tell me that I could go home now.
As for the waving man, apparently a guy was doing who knows what on the mountain when a boulder came crashing down and pinned him. He waved and yelled for help for as long as he could until he died there, and then crows ate the rest of his body. That was pretty tight. Sometimes we'd go up there and look at the skeleton pinned under the rock and think of how unlucky he was. What seems kind of though is that he had a picture of his family in his shirt pocket that looks just like the one in my gf's mom's photo album.
Does anyone else have some stories of U.S.A Urban Legends they'd like to share?
>>
>>17787043
But who, WAS PHONE???
>>
I'm gonna do /x/ a favour and alert them. troll pasta not worth the read, its a faggy who was phone variant.
>>
>>17787167
it was actually a pretty good troll though. disappointing but well constructed and the shitty ending was the icing on the cake.
>>
For real though, OP, what were you doing with my daughter?
>>
>>17787577
Kek.
>>
>>17787043
That was probably the worst ending to any story ever, including Lost.
>>
>>17787043
>we were making out with a passion and my head was spinning at 1000 miles an hour
how were you making out if your head was spinning at 1000 miles an hour?
story was believable until this point but you ruined it op
>>
>>17787285
10/10 troll
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.