[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone else in Colorado see a giant flash in the night sky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 6

File: Meteor_2-620x331.jpg (12KB, 620x331px) Image search: [Google]
Meteor_2-620x331.jpg
12KB, 620x331px
Did anyone else in Colorado see a giant flash in the night sky at about 0115 am last night?
>>
>>17765229
This nigga saw it. He was high tho.
>>
>>17765229
Foco friend here. Didn't see one but was in my room
>>
>>17765254
anyone who has done drugs daily knows that the effects greatly diminish with daily use and eventually gets incorporated into the users lifestyle.

Some people need this drug. It is unwise and outright foolish to ban a plant with this many health benefits.
>>
>>17765254
>>17763825
>>
>>17765254
>>17765261
Weed makes you hallucinate, also you can take photos of weed hallucinations. Fuckwit
>>
>>17765258
I don't disagree. Still, ripe apples get picked. Hope the meaning doesn't escape you.
>>
This was on an army sponsored camp out so I wasn't on drugs. What time did he say he saw it?
>>
>>17765272
His post was really spare on anything resembling information. I guess he was in Tempe or some other southwest place. Someone posted that it was a meteor and says news confirmed it but provided no link. I wonder if it was the same event.
>>
Tempe is Central Arizona. I saw it this morning. Also heard of friends seeing it over 500mi to the west in Cali. Don't say you were smoking a bowl, though. Euros will get lost in rhetoric and completely discredit anything you reported.
>>
>>17765299
>wants rational explanation
>bristles when state of mind is called to question
>altered? Reefer (huh?) to the second line.
>>
It didn't move though. It went from non existent to awkwardly bright ( not Russian meteor bright) then gone in about 5 seconds. It was only weird because it was completely stationary the whole time.
>>
>>17765309
Implying only two posters saw the event.... He could have been on 5-meoDMT and seen it. My point exactly. Ya Euros only wanna prod instead of focusing on the real story. It happened and was seen by millions.
>>
>>17765310
May have been a meteor http://krqe.com/2016/06/02/meteor-sightings-in-new-mexico-caught-on-camera/

If you're in the army can't you ask friends who do intelligence or meteorology
>>
>>17765255
FOCO? Where in. Im up on the north side of town
>>
>>17765316
Agreed. Drop it pls.
>>
Phx here. Everyone here seen it last night its been all over the news and a certain social media site. Local news said it was a meteorite that burned up and its scattered somewhere north of Tucson in the desert.
>>
I live on the north side but this was right north of Pueblo west
>>
>>17765316
I'm not implying that only two people saw it. I'm implying that part of the creditability of those who whitnessed it has to do with their state of mind at the time. Too far fetched, idiot?
>>
I was beyond sober when I saw it but I can not vouch that it was the same event that the Cali boy saw
>>
>>17765325
S2 at any level I would talk to wouldn't know much more than the weather channel
>>
>>17765255
This was Down on rng 143
>>
>>17765371
Oh. I guessed that this is something they'd be interested in knowing the answer to. The news says it's a meteor buy your description sounds different to me. I've not seen anything beyond a shooting star though
>>
>>17763825
>>17765229
Well it's not the sun, it's not the moon, and if the people saying it stood in place are to be believed, it wasn't a meteor either.
>>
>>17765389
The person saying it stood in place was me ,the OP. It just seemed strange it didn't move is all. I proofed that it happened by one of the guys laying nearby so at least I know I didn't just imagine it.
>>
>>17765389
Also, it happened at 0115 on the 2nd so it doesn't line up with that meteor down south
>>
A 10ft meteor is said to have landed in northern arizona

fuck off with yo conspiracies.
i live inna woods there
>>
No, but I did see what I believe was the WPAFB ufo fly over my apartment. Probably same aliens.
>>
>>17765254
>>17765266
>>17765350
Being stoned isn't going to make you hallucinate big flashes of light in the sky unless you also happen to be on mushrooms/acid/other hallucinogenic drugs.

Please don't bring the shit from the other thread into this one. If you're going to shitpost about weed, go to the other thread.

>>17765389
If a meteorite were coming almost directly at you from space rather than at an angle, couldn't it appear to be mostly stationary even though its traveling a few thousand mph?
>>
>>17765422
That was my thought
>>
>>17765422
Nigga, if you say "I saw a really strange thing but I was high at the time" what reaction do you expect people to have? I already said to you to drop it. You vacuous, vapid, and inane twit. The OP of this post has the benefit of having been not high.
>>
y so mny ppl want 2 unrail dis thread? #nsa@work
>>
>>17765447
I really don't care what people's reactions are going to be when they're focusing on the wrong part of the other threads OP to discuss. It's blatant shit posting plain and simple. This was my first post in this thread that you replied to, and you haven't told anyone to drop it. If you really want to shit post then go to the other thread.

Please refer to >>17765432 and the first part of >>17765422
as these will be my last responses to you.

Back on topic, I found this little article on the meteor.
http://www.amsmeteors.org/2016/06/bright-fireball-over-arizona/
And here's the vid from various angles from different locations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bgZ3u-89Yk
>>
>>17765422
Absolutely. If you're standing right in the path of a meteor then it'd be the astronomically unlikely event of a lifetime. Hopefully you'll move before it hits you.
>>
>>17765478
>you haven't told anyone to drop it.
See>>17765330

>Being stoned isn't going to make you hallucinate big flashes of light in the sky unless you also happen to be on mushrooms/acid/other hallucinogenic drugs.

I'm not suggesting it will. I just call to question the validity of a high teenagers claims.
>>17765478
>back on topic…
Yes it's a meteor. What do you find paranormal about this. It seems you've resolved it. If you wish to continue to argue that psychotropic drugs don't alter consciousness please continue but they've been taken for for their consciousness altering properties for a very long time.
>>
File: woosh.jpg (240KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
woosh.jpg
240KB, 612x612px
>>17765508
>>
>>17765478
You were altered bro, you were altered.
>>
>>17765519
Stay white.
>>
>>17765508
>Altered consciousness = wildly hallucinating
>>
>>17765508
>question the validity
Do it concisely then. Stop hypershitting up the thread.
>>
>>17765528
Someone who is wildly hallucinating has an altered consciousness, yes. Bingo.
>>
>>17765533
Feel free to look at any post or citation made by someone not high. Or check Fox News if you like to continue your delusional charade.
>>
>>17765229
ITT stoners confirm a meteor
>>
>>17765534
Whoa there champ. All people who are hallucinating wildly have an altered consciousness, but not all people who have an altered consciousness are hallucinating wildly.
>>
>>17765556
No shit, genius
>>
>>17765556
Spotted the logician.
>>
>>17765540
>made by someone not high
You can't tell who's high based on their posts. The criteria you'd have me act on is invalid.
>>
>>17765563
Not claiming to be high, tard.
>>
>>17765447
>>17765508
>>17765526
>>17765534
>>17765540
>>17765560
You obviously just want this thread to be all about you and your inane bullshit. Why not throw on a trip and we can talk about your amazing insights of the world around us. How was your day? Why did you choose to shit up not one, but two threads? What are you getting out of this? Why is it so important to you to make sure everyone knows that you think that people who may choose to become inebriated are not to be trusted under any circumstance? And here's the big one, how does any of this relate to the (former) topic at hand in this thread? Since you know, now this thread is all about (You) and your amazing insights.
>>
>>17765571
Every one you posted was mine. You missed a significant number of recent and former posts, too. I guess, to be honest, the yolo punk just annoyed me. Anyhow, what did you expect from this thread? The explanation "meteor" seems straight forward and quotidian. It is you who's shitting up the thread. We could have had a lovely convo about the reliability of the senses, the benefits of psychotropics, and many other things than the apocalyptic forebodings of a unctuous turd.
>>
>>17765587
Make a thread for it, dipshit. There are people who won't be satisfied by "hurr durr huge rock" and that is a perfectly valid concern for people to have. This is a thread for people to discuss what it was, not what it wasn't.

You have at least two, probably three or four anons telling you you're shitting up the thread. Stop. This isn't yours to dictate.
>>
>>17765592
Ok. I'm out. Make another thread or continue this one /endshitpost
>>
>>17765587
I really didn't feel like scrolling up and picking out every single one of your posts, just the ones where you either directly or indirectly responded to me by responding to people who responded to me. If you want to talk about

>the reliability of the senses, the benefits of psychotropics, and many other things

then make a thread for it as >>17765592 suggested.

That being said, and since this thread has gone way off the rails, how do you go from wanting to talk about the benefits of psychotropics after trying oh so hard to make sure that people who have smoked a bowl / drank a few beers / rendered themselves inebriated are less than reliable. Especially, given the context of the drug being done (weed), and the former topic of the thread (seeing a meteor), is not known to cause vivid hallucinations (seeing a bright flash of light in the sky that isn't there). This really seems like a contradiction if all of this has come from the same person.

At best it's totally inconsistent, and at it's worst it's just shitposting.
>>
>>17765598
I was just looking for anything be it science or conspiracy to explain what I saw was all. It was strange. Strange is /X/ territory. Thank you to those who tried
>>
>>17765609
Well that took way too long to type up and now you've exited the thread. Feel free to disregard. Godspeed >>17765598
>>
You shouldn't of brought up that you were smoking weed, but unless you were stoned to the dome I doubt you'd hallucinate something like this. Personally even when I am extremely stoned I never hallucinated anything like that not even close.
>>
>>17765610
Bright lights in the sky are pretty rad, could've been a quality thread. Turns out it was a meteor which is also pretty rad. About the only thing that really hasn't been explained definitively yet is how some people described it as being nearly stationary, other than it was headed almost straight at them being one of the options.
>>
>>17765609
I'll agree that it was unabashed shit posting. I know marijuana won't cause vivid hallucinations. I'm a fan of psychotropics myself and really like erowid.org. Like I said in the first thread OP said "I saw this really unusual thing, but I was high". This really just annoyed me. If you want people to take you seriously about something you want to argue is paranormal why mention being high/drunk? Yeah, OP's blithe mention of getting high and observing a strange phenomenon just rubbed me the wrong way. Sorry for stinking up the place
>>
>>17765630
>I was outside, because [mundane reason]
>then I saw a HUGE FUCKING LIGHT IN THE SKY
>...
>lets talk about the mundane thing you were outside for
>>
>>17765610
I'm truly sorry. You were curious and wanted answers. I was a jerk prick and mean. I promise you if you create another thread I won't do the same. My actions were rude and small minded. I apologize to you and others who had genuine interest.
>>
File: image.png (447KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
447KB, 750x1334px
>>
>>17765229
Confirmed meteor last night. It's on Drudge. Apparently the brightes meteor flash in 10 years according to scientists.
>>
>>17765229
It was a meteor Rohai.

A bigass firebally meteor that disintigrated in the sky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-KED81DO5c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obCldOLFJZ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn7TcnWvXi4
>>
>>17765422
>Being stoned isn't going to make you hallucinate big flashes of light in the sky unless you also happen to be on mushrooms/acid/other hallucinogenic drugs

That's not really true. Hallucinations from cannabis aren't really common, except in people with no tolerance, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for a person on it to experience a huge flash of light in the sky.
Cannabis has far too many psychotropic alkaloids in it for a person with that little information to say something the person saw was or was not hallucinating.
There's simply not enough information, and with a plant that has that many active alkaloids and how differently it can affect different people it's inherently cloudy.

You can't really say he would not hallucinate that and the other person cannot really say he did hallucinate it. There's not enough information.
You shouldn't be making statements you imply are 100% true with this little information.

You're both being irrational.
>>
>>17765478

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bgZ3u-89Yk
>1:11 and onward in this vid
>Man that just looks sooooo pretty. That's awesome. So damn pretty.

Are there any explanations as to what would cause the funky vapor trail that this thing left? There also seems to be a gap between the upper and lower portion of the trail.
>>
>>17765229
missle test desu
>>
>>17765745
Just looking at the Drudgereport just now, it's a pretty grim future facing us, isn't it?!

Captcha: Impasse Route
>>
Why can't you faggots just answer a damned question?
>>
>>17765771
It's over. The guy who was shitposting stopped and turned out to be a pretty cool guy. Don't try and start the topic back up again and become a shitposter yourself. If you want to discuss this or the topic he wanted to discuss then start a new thread. I really think there could be a decent discussion about it.

People are trying to get this thread back on track.
>>
>>17765794
I don't think you know what a shitposter is you god damn retard
>>
>>17765329
>>17765255

Both y'all fools I'm in FOCO right by old town on mountain, let's go hunt some spoops
>>
>>17765796
That might be possible, but it's also possible that you bringing up shit that was COMPLETELY OFF FUCKING TOPIC after it's already been settled might make you a good candidate for being one.
>>
>>17765803
It was directly related to the thread. Just because I responded late doesn't mean I'm a shitposter.

You've made several off-topic posts because I didn't respond at the time you think I should of.

Shitposting is not the same as replying to the thread late.

I'm sorry you're so fucking retarded.
>>
>>17765803
>>17765809
Listen, I'm sure you both have very interesting and well-thought-out opinions on what makes a shitpost a shitpost that are completely correct.

But let's not and say we did.
>>
>>17765811
Stop making off-topic posts, you retard
>>
>>17765812
Fuck off. Your post was utterly devoid of content in a shitposty way.
>>
>>17765819
You've made 4 off-topic posts complaining about my post that was related to the thread because you think I should have posted it earlier.

Can you not even see how retarded you are? You refuse to follow the rules you randomly enforce on other people.

You don't determine what a shitpost is. If my post angered you so much you should have ignored it. It was directly related to the thread.

I guess I'm going to have to be the one to stop this conversation, you seem incapable of stopping your own shitposting.

Have a good one, you retarded hypocrite.
>>
>>17765820
>rules
Fuck off. Your post was utterly devoid of content in a shitposty way.
>>
File: Carl_Sagan.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_Sagan.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>17765809
The entire issue I and other people had was the derailment of the thread over the discussion of fucking weed. Period. I'm not going to let you drag me down to participate in another pointless pissing contest over something that has ZERO relation to the OP.

If you want to talk about the hallucinogenic properties of weed, and what percent of a percent of the population might experience mind blowing hallucinations from it, then make a fucking thread for it. This thread is for the fireball that fell over west coast US.
>>
>>17765824
They couldn't even tell me apart from you after my overt clue: >>17765811
>you both
They're obviously used to a forum where only one person ever addresses another. Just let the newfag take their leave. They goofed and they'll realize it soon enough.
>>
File: JRHNBR.jpg (49KB, 625x342px) Image search: [Google]
JRHNBR.jpg
49KB, 625x342px
>>17765827
I'm truly at a loss for words after this most recent exchange.
>>
Greeley here thought I was seeing things when I was outside smoking had just woke up to good to know if wasn't seeing things
>>
>>17765799
Sometime, I need to build my AR first and ill be ready. Innamountains when.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.