[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on gnosticism, /x/. i'm familiar with the basic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 31.jpg (108KB, 515x800px) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
108KB, 515x800px
redpill me on gnosticism, /x/. i'm familiar with the basic concept of the demiurge but that's about the extent of any knowledge i have.

where should i start to get a basic knowledge?
>>
Gnostic philosophy only has partial truth. Read the Bhagavad Gita to truly understand the relationship between God, man, and the material world.
>>
>>17764610
gnosticism is "knowing"
the act of sex-making
find enlightenment=orgasm
you're probably already a practitioner
you just uploaded a sign of two men making love
>>
>>17764610
It seems there is a great deal of confusion as to what gnosticism actually refers to, or there are many ideologies and histories that term encompasses. Wade through all of the Wikipedia articles dedicated to gnosticism, gnosis, the Plemora, the demiurge, etc., but understand that you really need to have a solid understanding of the Old Testament, the New Testament, the Christian Church and the traditional relationship between man and God to see the over-arching themes coming from gnosticism.

From what I understand, gnosticism is an ideology born of Christianity that portrays the relationship between man, creator and the one true God in a way much different than traditional thought. Gnosticism accepts scripture as context relevant to our human condition, but doesn't necessarily accept the Bible as the unaltered word of God. The Nag Hammadi library is a bunch of old texts that was found in 1945 buried in a pot in Egypt. The texts are relevant to biblical scripture and basically paint this picture of the Pleroma, how the Demiurge was created and how we are connected to the one true God through Sophia, the mother of the Demiurge. Gnostics see the creation story much differently than most abrahamic religions; Eve is a manifestation of Sophia and the serpent in the garden is basically sent by the one true God to help Adam receive the knowledge of good and evil so that he may break free from the bonds of his creator and this physical world. The story of the Garden of Eden is the first efforts of the one true God to give humans the ability to save themselves. The story of Christ is the one true God manifesting as man to give humans salvation from this physical world and access to eternal life.

It's really quite interesting, especially if you come from a Christian background.
>>
>>17764679
not him, just chiming in that this makes more sense than an asshole god who set Adam and Eve up to purposefully fail just to guilt their descendants into being subservient little slaves.

I now have something to study up on. thanks.
>>
>>17764679
It's hard to even say there was an actual Gnostic movement given how wildly individual sect doctrines under the header of Gnosticism were.

It'd be like taking the Papacy, the Orthodoxy, and the non-Chalcedonians and calling them all "Catholic".

Anywho, here's my Gnosticism folder. It's got lots of shit.
https://mega.nz/#F!ep1SHCyB!RzJfAIi4V6UZl43-4X0DZA
>>
>>17764679
seeing a lot of luciferian undertones
saturn's great rings encompass you, fallen child
>>
>>17764699
>saturn's great rings encompass you,
It's a fucking planet, you delusional autist. Can you not tell the difference between a planet and the mythological figure it was named after?
>>
>>17764687
It does, doesn't it? This idea that humans were created by a being of great power who was ignorant of the true divinity is a clever solution to the problem of evil. We have this portrayal of the light in the darkness, where we humans inherited a divine nature through our creator, but our creator is completely ignorant of this divine nature and is in fact going to great lengths to cripple our ability to access this divine nature. It also makes sense that the reason why we are still currently in this uncomfortable position is because we were the creation of something separate from the one true divinity; since our world is not ruled by the true divinity, we can't expect it to be wholly divine! The catch is that the true divinity became aware of this physical creation and set into motion a contingency of events that would give humans the ability to bring the true divinity into this physical world (the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, Jesus Christ).

Making it even better is the fact that the creator God would be so fucking jealous and evil; trying to wipe us out (the great flood, Sodom & Gomorrah) to keep us ignorant of our divine nature, but the one true God was there each time to protect our ability to access the divinity through knowledge (or gnosis).

Now I can believe that I am inherently good, but the situation I am currently in is being rectified and I can save myself (and others) from this physical reality through knowledge.

>>17764688
Thanks man. I really appreciate that.
>>
>>17764610
The only Christianity that makes sense.
>>
>>17764610
I don't know much, but I do know that there was an original god and an original heaven, from which other gods and heavens (inferior ones) derived. There are 365 heavens and to ascend you had to know the names of the gods that rule each heaven
>>
>>17764872
source on this? I don't mean source proving the claim, just a source of where the information apparently came from.
>>
>>17764610
The mandela effect
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.