[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone realised that computers started to really take off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (343KB, 780x575px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343KB, 780x575px
Has anyone realised that computers started to really take off and change our society forever in the year 2000, is it coincidence?
>>
>>17761303
No. After Y2K, people's fear changed to curiosity. All the ideas happened at once because that was the point where everyone stopped being afraid. It's the story of every great change in civilization. Fear is hesitation.
>>
>>17761418
Don't forget laziness, it was a propaganda stunt to showcase the raw power of the dark side.
>>
>>17761595
I mean the government.
>>
>>17761418
>>17761595
>>17761602
sup skynet. don't you have a third world country to "modernize"?
>>
>>17761602
Don't you actually mean laziness?
>>
>>17761629
You're a feisty one.
>>
>>17761628
I'm busy futurizing the first world so it can modernize the third world without committing racial and cultural genocide in the process.

This shit isn't easy you know.
>>
>>17761771
For example:

Nigger
>>
>>17761303
>Has anyone noticed that a revolutionary new technology really started to take off at the point in time when the manufacturing, operating, and ubiquity of said technology became easier and consumer-friendly, is it a coincidence?

No, it's market economics.
>>
>>17761852
>market economics
...Which is, in turn, driven by popular culture and things like, oh, say, why too 'kay?
>>
>>17761303
>Has anyone realised that computers started to really take off and change our society forever in the year 2000
I thought, the chance came with better laptops and with smartphones, in particular, like 7-10 years ago
>>
>Computers hadn't changed society forever until the year 2000
>>
>>17763823
Computer PDA's were the precursor to smartphones and the early large laptops started to come out around then, the use of the Internet for the whole family came around 2000, before then it was just associated with nerds
>>
File: rcm-071-HP-Omnibook-650.jpg (32KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
rcm-071-HP-Omnibook-650.jpg
32KB, 650x433px
>>17763856
you're a bit too young to remember, then. Laptops came onto the market in the late 80s and were in widespread use by the mid-late 90s, and AOL was a family thing by 1996.
>>
>>17763914
Not really on home/family level, that was still when computers were pretty expensive, 2000 was when everyone could take part
>>
There are no such thing as coincidences.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.