[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I sometimes hear somebody yell my name when im sleeping but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (7KB, 306x165px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 306x165px
So I sometimes hear somebody yell my name when im sleeping but not dreaming. Like, im dead asleep, no dreams, and this crazy loud voice that feels like its inside my head booms out my name, sometimes theres a kind of exploding sensation, or like a feeling of some sort of great impact that jars my whole body.

Idk, its started up as of late and its really making it hard to sleep. Like, I just turn on the lights and im too scared to even move, let alone go back to sleep.

Usually hang out on /k/ but those chucklefucks would just blame skinwalkers or call me crazy. Kinda felt like maybe /x/ could give me a bit more useful insight.
>>
>>17759586
Can you identify the voice easily?
>>
>>17759592
Its.... idk. Not anyone I know, like not a dead relative or something like that. And it changes. Sometimes its feminine, sometimes is male.

It only uses my last name.

As for being able to make any sense of familiarity from it, kinda gets drowned out in the pants shitting terror. Its like a really well done jump scare in a movie, lasts like a millisecond before im snapping awake and clawing for a lightswitch.

Its also usually accompanied by a flash of light, but like, inside my head.
>>
Natural phenomenon that we don't quite understand yet, I think it's called exploding head syndrome or something like that, a LOT of people have it occasionally, a few times a year.
I'm no doctor or psychologist but I would guess it could be worsened by stress

tl;dr calm down
>>
>>17759628
this
/thread
>>
>>17759628
Looked it up. Seems like a fit. With a name that dramatic you would think knowledge on the subject would be as common as sleep paralysis.

Thanks, just wanted to go somewhere people wouldnt call me psycho. People elsewhere get uncomfortable when you talk about loud noises in your head.
>>
File: 1349725489774.jpg (50KB, 456x337px) Image search: [Google]
1349725489774.jpg
50KB, 456x337px
Schizophrenia
>>
>>17759628
this pretty much
a theory is that you are not yet in the rem phase of your sleep and your body starts releasing dream inducing substances before temporarily paralizing you, hence making it feel like it is real

I've had it aswell a few times, once it was a loud bang, sometimes I hear a women wisper my name, not even in a creppy way, it was almost calming, still woke up though

There was one time, the first time actually, I freaked out. I heard the wisper and felt someone sitting down on my bed, near my feet, very slowly, I thought that I was awake at that point but was kinda dizzy, I probably stopped breathing for a second, and I didnt move. Then I heard a very loud crow and startled and got up.
Windows were closed, no birds in sight. And the crow came from the direction I felt someone sitting down.
I had no idea what was going on at that point, so I just didnt sleep that night.
>>
>17759667
Visited by Odin, you lucky fuck.
>>
>>17759667
Do you have any idea how many pigs I've sacrificed and odin never showed up?

What makes you so special?
>>
Not that I'm knowledgeable on the subject but it's happened to me before, hearing thing s called out or my name, it is just the transition to dreaming I think, like others have said it's probly dream induced substances being released.
>>
>>17759712
>>17759803
So you are saying I should sail west across the open waters?
>>
>>17759917
Obviously.
>>
File: absolutely abstract.jpg (99KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely abstract.jpg
99KB, 900x675px
>>17759586

>Arrive in Ohio saturday morning, staying the weekend
>Be last saturday night
>Be sleeping on a couch next to another couch where is sleeping my new friend.
>I just met this kid
>I am faced away from him.
>Early morning, staring at the ceiling I hear him behind me "Anon, how many classes do you have left?"

>I reply, "like total?" out loud.

>The sound of my voice wakes me up

>I realize I was not awake but asleep having some sort of vivid vision of being in the exact same position having a conversation.
>>
>>17760857
False wake up.

I do it a lot. I have an on-call kinda job. Mine are usually that my phone is paging me, I check it, nothing important, go back to sleep.
Then I actually wake up and actually check my phone and all hell is breaking loose and I gotta go.
>>
it's an astral troll, wants to scare you. don't recognize it's existence, it can't touch you.
seriously if you don't let it scare you it will go away.
it may be hard at first but dont worry about it.
>>
>>17760857

Dreaming is not paranormal.

But it kind of is. If anything otherworldly is going on at all, dreams are a huge part of it.

Once while trying to take a nap between class and my night-job, I suddenly shot up in bed. I felt incredibly drugged, and not in a good way. The walls and everything else was very blurry. Then I got this horrible feeling that something was in my house and even weirder, that I didn't belong there and was the intruder. The house started shaking and I could hear a stampede of heavy footsteps coming up the stairs from the basement. I was terrified but my instincts told me not to run outside, so I ran back to my bedroom, where I saw myself laying in bed sleeping. I then dove headfirst into myself and shot back up in bed. I felt very uneasy for about 5 minutes and then my brain did its job of writing it off as a weird dream.

Also used to get a lot of episodes with sleep paralysis, both as I'd go to sleep and when I'd wake up. I've seen the so-called "shadow people" several times as well as the old hag/night sitter.

It all stopped as soon as I moved in with my girlfriend. Haven't had an episode in years.

Spooky shit though, to be sure.
>>
>>17759586
This happens quite frequently actually. Once I start falling asleep I'll hear someone's voice call my name, or numerous voices calling out at slightly different times. Just the other day I was asleep and I "dreamed" my sister came into my room and she asked me "Are you leaving now?" I woke up to myself answering "Really? Right now?"
It's just your brain releasing the fun stuff so you can dream a little too early.
>>
>>17761838
Op here. Look. Immah be honest. Im a combat vet. I was severeley worried about this whole "hearing voices in your sleep thing."

This thread has been a huge help. Instead of having to worry that maybe im just another grunt who snapped you folks have basically explained it as "just wierd shit your brain does while you sleep."

Im not lying, its been a godsend. The "broken veteran" thing is not a classification that I wanna be a part of. Just finding out that lots of regular people deal with it all the time has been a huge relief.
>>
>really stoned one night
>lay down to bed after a LoL marathon for a few hours
>several hours into sleep I notice I'm in a dream
>I'm Thresh and I missed an important hook on their ADC
>I get so mad I automatically wake up and bite my pillow out of anger
>after a few seconds I wondered why the fuck I just bit my pillow

When I was younger I would wake up to find myself trying to eat an invisible sandwich too.
>>
>>17762188
investigate shrooms, lsd, and ecstacy. the old thinking that you can not rewrite the parts of your psyche that got broken is flying out the window as we speak, in an academic sense.

new research suggests a single therapy session with one of those substances could do more than everything you've received so far
>>
>>17762208
Used to sleep walk into the kitchen at age 13. My step-mom used to make home made cookies and we literally had a cookie jar.

My step-mom found me sitting at the table practically swallowing cookies whole whilst mumbling incoherent babble about "saddling up the toaster cuz that alabama cheeze butter was a-comin back and this time we wasnt gonna win the baseball game against em."

Woke me up, and I proceeded to vomit because I had eaten like, 40 cookies.

She was freaked the fuck out, took me to a shrink even. Shrink basically told her it was just puberty (I was 13 at the time) plus I had been abused and neglected in my formative years.

Basically just my subconscious getting over starvation and regular beatings by my biological mother in my pre-conscious memory during toddlerhood.

Made sure I timed my meals to be right before bed and it cleared right up, literally never had any issues since. Lots of people talk shit on shrinks, but this lady really knew her shit.

Essentially my body was growing, and i was getting hungry during my sleep, and my subconscious was making some wierd sort of connection with my abusive and neglectful toddlerhood, the stress was interrupting normal REM sleep and so I was gorge eating in a hallucinogenic state.

Full belly before bed and the problems went away like magic.
>>
>>17762217
Youre talking about how they have had sucess using ecstacy combined with therapy to combat PTSD right?

Have actually looked into that. I have literally never taked anything stronger than a 5mg vicodin after my wisom teeth got pulled, so I am very anxious about just taking psychodelics recreationally.

Mostly because I go to some pretty dark places and become highly combative just during normal drinking, but I really want to get enrolled in one of those clinical trials.

Like, do it in a controlled atmosphere where I dont gotta worry about things getting out of hand.

I recieved two traumatic brain injuries in afganistan and iraq and avoid drinking more than 2 beers at a time like the plague.

Last time I got really hammered I started 2 seperate fistfights, hired 2 hookers, did crazy stuff with em, then locked em in my hotel room and yelled shit about combat expieriences at em until thier pimp showed up and fought him too.

Sober me just had sleep troubles, under the influence me is a raving maniac. So I avoid substances of any sort.
>>
>>17762266
alcohol is the worst substance. by far.

i know someone with an extremely similar situation to you (double traumatic brain injury in afghanistan) and his life involves heavy consumption of marijuana. you should investigate same.

the other stuff is for a clinical setting, but some weed could probably help you mellow out on a daily basis.

if you decide to try just take like one hit. ONE. weed is fucking ridiculous these days and people like freak themselves out smoking too much as newbies
>>
>>17762280
Im actually allergic to weed, found out while conducting an experiment similar to what you propose.

I can relate to your friend, I recieved two heavy TBI's within a few weeks of eachother from a rocket striking my vehicle, and a near miss with an IED.

This was back before TBI was really a thing people, even scientists, talked about.

Back then if you didnt get fucked up so bad that you became a vegetable or a shivering epileptic it wasnt classified as a brain injury.

Symptoms of TBI were just writted up as "operational stress" you were given 24 hours to stop tweaking and sent right back out into the shit.

Which means I suffered sucessive minor brain injuries because while recovering from TBI even minor scrapes with blast damage and small blows cause add-on damage.

But yeah, alcohol turns me into the guy people pretend to have never met, and im allergic to weed. So I have been aprehensive of psylocybin, lsd, DMT, and molly cuz I really dont feel like being the guy who gets shot by the cops after removing his clothes, running into a rite-aid, and eating a cashiers face off while screaming about bees.

I really wanna do one of those clinocal studies where I would be protected and truly safe with a regulated dose and professionals on hand to deal with side effects.

Problem with using illicitly is that you never actually know what you are taking, or what dose it is.

Sure the guy selling it SAYS its ecstacy, but its really meth, hydrocodone, xanax, and cocaine mixed into god only knows what ratios....

True story BTW. My dad was a forensic scientist and only a fraction of the E he ever tested was actually E, and even when it was the doses ranged from mildly effective to near overdose levels, sometimes even within the same batch.
>>
>>17762327
you aren't allergic to weed bro. The active chemicals in marijuana mimic neurotransmitters that are already in your body, that's how it works. I don't think anyone can actually be allergic to smoking weed. Maybe try edibles. Edibles will get you insanely high do not eat more becuase you think it's not working.

But yeah i'm not suggesting you use any of those stronger drugs outside of a clinical setting.
>>
>>17762351
No, im literally allergic to weed.

Like throat swelling, rash, fever. Whole 9 yards.

Clinical crade THC? No problem. Problem with most "medical grade" marijuana is that even dispensaries are currently making thier own stuff, which contains enough traces of the plant to set me off.

To be clear, im not allergic to THC, im allergic to the plant it comes from. Most quote "medical" weed products, even edibles, are nowhere near clinical grade THC.

Pure THC is not something you will encounter outside a lab, you will find extracts, but those still contain enough of whatever protein or enzyme from the plant to set me off.

I accidentally did heroine in afghan and that was really nice. Too nice, actually. Good enough to scare the shit outta me.

I want absolutley nothing to do with opiates.
>>
>>17762378
>Like throat swelling, rash, fever. Whole 9 yards.

I think this was a psychosomatic reaction and you owe it to yourself to try it again because of how life-changing it can be for you. with the proliferation of extremely high quality oils, even if an allergy exists you may be able to find a threshold in the near future where you could still medicate.

my friend is basically non functional without it and able to enjoy his life again with it. he gets by.
>>
>>17762242

My step-mom found me sitting at the table practically swallowing cookies whole whilst mumbling incoherent babble about "saddling up the toaster cuz that alabama cheeze butter was a-comin back and this time we wasnt gonna win the baseball game against em."

Lost my shit.
>>
>>17762448
Yeah, thats a direct quote by the way.

Not the first incident even. The FIRST incident i was walking down the driveway in shorts and a drivewayin 10 below zero weather while stuffing my face with slices of bread.

The 3rd incident was we sitting on top of the washing machine eating a stick of butter and repeating "its not soap" over and over again.
>>
>>17762390
Look, I get it, you like weed, and you sincereley enjoy it and truly wish to share it with everyone.

But whats so hard to believe there is some kind of alkaloid, protein, enzyme, or acid in the actual cannabis plant that my immune system mistakes for a threat.

There are people allergic to carpet, cotton, dairy products, dust, literally any animal, there are even peoplr allergic to fucking sunlight.

An allergy is when your immune system attacks something because it mistakes it for a threat, and it can be literally anything. Organ rejection in transplant patients? Thats really just an allergic reaction to the transplanted organ. The body's immune system doesnt recognize it as part of you and tries to kill it.

I happen to be allergic to cannabis. A psycho somatic reaction is a headache or a tickle at the back of your throat.

A rash, swollen throat, and eyes puffing up almost shut is a literal physical reaction.

There is something in the cannabis plant that my body just fucking hates. Its too bad too. Right up until I couldnt see or breathe it was a nice feeling.
>>
>>17762188
It's completely normal OP. I'm glad that you can find a bit of solace in our words. I know you've probably got other things that are bothering you, but hearing all these voices when you sleep is definitely normal. I'm a med student, learning about all this stuff and the neurons etc. and chemicals in your brain and all that. Just learning bout what I've been taught has really helped me through my own stuff as well.
>>
>>17762390
Your friend sounds like he has substance abuse issues.

I never understood how pot fans can in the same conversation describe how thier life practically revolves aroud weed whilst also exclaiming that it could be worse cuz arent like those dirty addicts whose lives revolve around booze, pills, or hard drugs.

Im all for toking up erry now an then, but if you "arent normal" without using a recreational drug then you are exhibiting substance dependancy, which is in point of fact, abnormal.
>>
>>17762188
its nice to see somebody else from /k/ here

especially because its in a thread that isn't crazy like tulpa shit and all that garbage
>>
Nice blogging
>>
>>17759586
It happens to me too.But dont pay much attention, your brain is playing with you.
I heard my appartment doorbell, someone i know clearly calling my name and when i ask if he called me he says no, or knocks etc... Its really common and you shoulndt think of it as paranormal.
It happens most when i am too tired.

I forgot... once when i woke up late at night i heard a chorus with trumpets. Like an angelic sing in a presentation or something like that. It wasnt in my head, i heard it in my ears. It was incredible.
>>
>>17759586
Hypnagogic hallucination.
>>
>>17762540
Dont listen to the pothead
you are definitly allergic, it's uncommon but it has been documented, right now it's used as an argument agains legalisation. Which is kinda dumb, but whatever
Weed isnt called weed withouth a reason. It basically is a fucking weed, and those are known to cause allergic reactions. Now imahine someone with hay fever taking in a deep breath of the smoke of the plant they cant even touch. An anaphylactic shock would be guaranteed
>>
>>17762390
>my friend is basically non functional without it and able to enjoy his life again with it
Your friend is addicted and needs help.
>>
>>17759628
This happens to me a few times every month. I wake from deep sleep thinking someone yelled my name. Never anyone there.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.