[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /x/, I want to find a more spiritual side to life if it exists.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (13KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 170x170px
So /x/, I want to find a more spiritual side to life if it exists. I figure if every culture has its own spiritual beliefs, that maybe there is something to it. And I always remind myself of the only thing I know for certain - that I exist.

I have no interest in Christian gatherings. Christians bore me. I was raised one, and I have spent enough time in churches to know that I myself have nothing more to gain from them. I am open to the possibility that Christianity can open up a spiritual side to some, but it just isn't for me, and it never will be.

I am interested in the occult, and it seems way more up my alley - like a religion full of hidden truths and spiritual shit. I'm not exactly a fan of the wiccans and their nature-orgies, or their christian-like beliefs, and I think any group that practices rituals with satanic imagery is just a bunch of rebellious children in robes.
Aleister Crowley was a little too edgy for my liking, but I have learned from him, despite only reading a little of his stuff. It helped me understand some things about myself. So what I think I would like, is to find something Crowley-esque, but less rebellious, more focused on knowledge and opening the third eye, and with no edgy rituals or any of that garbage.

Suggestions? How would I go about finding a group like that, if it exists?
>>
>>17748187

Go to the source

>Hermetics

You will find that you already know stuff because of your background and it will open more understanding of the universe.

Or if you trully want to live a spiritual life do budism meditations , it will help you to reach inner peace and that sounds cool.
>>
>>17748200
Awesome, thanks.
>>
Do LSD dude, or maybe some DMT. Also smoke weed everyday
>>
news flash bro, you existing is a belief. It's the only thing holding you back from true spiritual development. "I exist" is a belief.
>>
>>17748349
Nope
Weed every day will close the oniric plane
Once in a while is ok
>>
>>17748369
Thank you agent smith.
>>
>>17748349
I have tried a very small amount of real LSD, but I didn't like it very much so I figure it would not be wise to take more of it. It was an interesting experience at least, but I felt like I was going to roll off my couch the entire time and I didn't enjoy that.
>>
>>17748433
Not the same anon here but:
The psychedelic journey is definetly the fastest and most efficient route to come into contact with the spiritual world/core of the universe/your inner conscious (whatever you want to call it). Nobody ever wasnt impressed by a LSD-trip of 200-300 µg. If you are spiritually open or used to let go and fall in trance (i.e. while listening to music or meditating) you can reach intense spiritual visions at 100 µg in my experience.

Downside: A psychedelic journey cant be stopped once you took the dose. If you dont like it, you still have to life through it (LSD, DMT and psylocybin are absolutely non-toxic to the body, which can be a relieving thought to remember).

Different people have different ways to reach higher spiritiual states, so you must decide for your self. My recommendation however is that you take your courage and try higher doses of a psychedelic of your choice. It is normal to be a little nervous at the beginning but with the right set and setting it will be heaven.
>>
Join the church of the subgenius
>>
>>17748475
I might give it another try with some music then I guess.
>>
>>17748187
the very best thing I've ever found for self-insight is meditation. Meditation has the reputation of being peaceful, so be warned. If you take the one seat and stick with it, you will eventually find sooner or later that meditation can be anything but peaceful as -everything- in you will rise to the surface sooner or later for you to see. It can be the hardest thing in the world to stick with especially when your inner monsters start showing up, but if you do stick with it, it is also immensely worthwhile, with enormous payouts for mental/emotional health. You will reach a maturity level few people ever do.

Another possible path might be advaita (nonduality.) Think of teachers like Ramana Maharshi. Rather than give you new beliefs to follow, teachers like Maharshi give you a single teaching: "Ask yourself, 'who am I?'" At first blush, that question looks pretty dumb, right? "I'm (Firstname Lastname), a (race) (gender) (occupation) (hobby) (religion.)" Except that if you start really questioning, you will find that even these categories start to fall apart in your hands.
>>
>>17748187
Another thing you may consider is Jed McKenna's books. The most uncomfortable book I ever read was Jed McKenna's "Spiritual Enlightenment: The Damndest Thing." It's fiction, but it may as well be fact, because just reading it -will- start dismantling your inner world and your beliefs, whether you're ready for that or not.

"This is a volatile book. If you choose to take a long, hard look at the overall picture McKenna is presenting, it will shake your foundation. It will spur you to question all assumptions about existence. The book's ability to bring about a true audit of your assumptions (regardless of whether you like it or not) is reason enough to make it an extremely beneficial read.

If you have highly cherished beliefs you aren't willing to part with, this book will do no more than make you angry. "

"BOTTOM LINE:
If you aren't ready to get very, very uncomfortable, this might not be the book for you." I emphasize that that warning is not facetious. Yes, the cover looks almost fluffy new-age. Yes, the text inside is written in a first-person narrative style. Yes, it's fiction. Pre-judge the book based on any of those things at your own peril.
>>
File: images.jpg (15KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
15KB, 275x183px
In nature. Alone, comfortable, purposeful.
>>
>>17748187
Join the greatest religion of them all and star worshipping Huitzilopochtli.
>>
>>17750680
I'm not sure the law would approve of my human sacrifices though. But maybe if I can somehow keep it on the down-low. Brb, off to watch some CSI Miami for some ideas.
>>
>>17748187
Taoism.

After a bad hallucinogenic trip, during which I derived all the fundamental principles of Taoism, and suffered ego death. I am not convinced that it is a correct path for hidden knowledge and enlightenment... But all knowledge isn't really hidden. There's just a lot of nonsense floating around.

And if you do come across such knowledge, how will you know it's what you think to be hidden knowledge?
>>
>>17751974
When it's something you generally can't find in a book.
>>
>>17751974
>After a bad hallucinogenic trip, during which I derived all the fundamental principles of Taoism, and suffered ego death.

kek
>>
>>17752047
Some books are kept under lock and key. Far away from anyone.
>>
File: Occult Books.jpg (357KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Occult Books.jpg
357KB, 780x1200px
OP you need to be looking into Hermetics as >>17748200 said. I found this guide to occult literature on /lit/, it's reasonably helpful, though it misses the most important book of all, the Corpus Hermeticum. I would also recommend reading Plato (and the Bible, but I assume you know it if you were a Christian) if you want a clearer understanding of just what the fuck is going on with occult beliefs.

>>17751974
When you read "hidden knowledge", think "esoteric knowledge". There are concepts beyond human language which cannot simply be communicated through normal means. This anon >>17752047 gets it.
>>
>>17756219

That's not a particularly good list. The Kybalion, for instance, isn't remotely Hermetic.
>>
>>17756269
Kybalion is definitely influenced by Hermeticism, though I'd say that it is a little bit shit and contains a degree of New Age claptrap. Some of the other books on that list are good though. It's good to get an idea of Gnostic concepts too, hence the inclusion of the Nag Hammadi Library.

Having said all that, fuck it, I'm off to go make my own list of books, see you in an hour or so.
>>
>>17756301
>Kybalion is definitely influenced by Hermeticism

Not really. It's a product of the New Thought movement. Nothing to do with Hermetics.

There's a fair amount of crap, there.
>>
File: Esoteric Books.jpg (244KB, 960x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Esoteric Books.jpg
244KB, 960x1512px
>>17756395
How about this one I just made? Not specifically Hermetic, mind you. More general esotericism.
>>
Op be a real hippy not a fake one.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.