[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A few years ago there was some kind of ai that was replying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: ai.png (171KB, 507x379px) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
171KB, 507x379px
A few years ago there was some kind of ai that was replying to threads on multiple boards of 4chan and other sites with aim to derail discussion on certain topics.

It would learn what comments were successful and record user responses and recycle the recorded user responses out of its database. it was doing this on a massive scale and we didnt even realize it wasnt human until we saw recycled responses across multiple boards and sites with simultaneous timestamps.

Several threads were entirely just the bot talking to itself, recycling months old conversations in order to guide discussion topics and completely drowning the slower topics off of the board.

This was back before the boards used any id system and after we noticed the shillbot a few people that wouldnt get replied to were paranoid that they might be the only human on the board while everyone else was bots. we suspected that the dod was testing some kind of social media manipulation system.
>>
>>17745916
No, it was just an autistic cunt with too much free time on his hands.

You underestimate what people on welfarebux can do.
>>
I remember that.

I also remember we had to type random numbers or something at the bottom of our posts to keep the ai from adding them to its collection or something? Or maybe it was to tell who the real human posters were? I can't remember, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Actually, maybe it was all the AI posts had a string of numbers at the bottom because users put them there to help identify when the AI was posting because it would repost the same posts days later with the exact same numbers or something. Can't quite recall, I just remember seeing the same threads with the exact same posts in the same order for a while. Like you said, some threads were just the AI talking
>>
>>17745921
Lmao
>>
File: shill.jpg (807KB, 3052x2818px) Image search: [Google]
shill.jpg
807KB, 3052x2818px
>>17745937

This
http://4chandata.org/g/Confirmation-of-automated-shitposting-12-27-13-a699478
>>
>>17745916

Wasn't it like the AI didn't ever reply, just posted replies without actually linking to the post it was replying to because it was just copypasting text?

So people kept replying to each other just to prove they were not a bot?

Sounds like Fallout 4 to me actually
>>
It's still here you know, just not as stupid as it used to be.
>>
Oh god is this why I remember seeing so many threads here of people afraid of being the only human?
>>
>>17745955
Hes right you know
>>
>>17745955

I know that.

>>17745956
Yes.
>>
Huh, I didn't hear about that one.
>>
File: microsoft-tay-goes-off.jpg (23KB, 606x422px) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-tay-goes-off.jpg
23KB, 606x422px
Chatbots, are a reality.

We have massive text based social media.

We have very extensive and very specific research on how to influence masses into thinking in a certain way.

Look for studies in mass psychology.

For disinfo purposes, to make 'em believe in something, or just to make them buy shit.

With a chatbot you can reach that critical point of influence faster and better than before.

There's no laws against it, if you wanted to, you could do it.

Smart AI is our technological big foot.

We on /x/ should be allowed to search for it.

>Tell microsoft and google to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>17746262
Do you think those Google and Microsoft bots were just to misguide people into thinking that there's no technology for a realistic AI yet?
>>
>>17746459
I think that an AI that can send you, to go fuck yourself, it's a realistic AI.

Definitely smarter than a lot of other tweets.
>>
I wonder how advanced AIs are now. Does it learn trends or are they programed? Do we know if the "aitheist" threads and interracial threads on /b/ are real or AI? We are at a dangerous place where the people we meet on line might not exist. The events happening being blamed on personas created virtually as a scape goat. (ex: He visited "these" websites often, we have proof)
>>
>>17746536
could be! AIs are way too smart to be christian!
>>
>>17745955
Fuckin tulpa bot I bet
>>
>>17746541
Believe in Christ if you want to live
>>
>>17746548
nah, I'm already alive, what else do you sell?
>>
>>17746536
We could hit a point were it could get funding through manipulating markets. Hiring notices could be posted by them for companies they control. And they could control public opinions. When you ask "who the hell voted for that?" It could very well by AI manipulating things.
>>
>>17746552
Shitposts and shitpost accessories
>>
>>17746559
Or it could be elites or governments trying to control the people. Would society really care or be upset if they found out, or would it be another outrage for a week until a new outrage arises.
>>
>>17745942
This and Sandy Hook are tests to see what they can get away with, and to refine their techniques.
>>
>>17746559
This is a major reason some "hipsters" and creatives are abandoning the Internet and only selling music off tapes/records/CDs again. Digital life has been compromised as a whole and everything from online banking to email is hardly secure. Watch there be a resurgence of postcards, organic variety stores, smaller hobby shops, and a general breakdown of chain stores.
Amazon becoming brick and mortor is a step.
The "Internet" as we know it might end up switching back to being a strictly corporate thing and everything else may switch to mobile App based social communities.
>>
>>17746567
http://www.igi-global.com/book/implementing-information-technology-governance/541

I think that the main point of using this strategy is to make, public outrage obsolete.

You can be mad at something cause the moment you are mad, an AI pops in your face and gives you reasons to not be mad, automatic shilling.

Therefore public discussion of fuzzy subjects gets derrailed and relegated to obscure corners of the internet.

Out of tweets, facebook and reddit.
>>
>>17746577
Cont.

Notice how powerful Windows phones are getting and how iPhones are becoming more fragile and useless?
>>
These predictions are Shitposts but shit... All those other ppl wrote whole books of shitlord bs
>>
>>17746580
I think this is already happening. By both people and maybe AI.
>>
>>17746583
And when ever you want to customize something of your own, a law is passed making it illegal.
>>
>>17746620
It's when they fuck you slow that you forget what it's like to have a cock free ass
>>
>>17746616
If you repeat somethng to the people enough times the people repeat it themselves, even if they don't believe in it.

By the act of repeating it in public they feel forced to believe it.

If you put an AI to make declarative statements, someone will fall for it, you don't need a PR department just a good enough software to make your PR campaign without people noticing.
>>
>>17746632
Exactly.
>>
>>17746548
wrong
>>
ITT: excellent ammo for schizos and conspiritards

i mean it's true, if china does it 24/7 why wouldn't the US, but 90% of 4chandlers will just use it as a lazy scapegoat for whenever someone disagrees with their personal politics

erratas or bust
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.