[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have been reading a lot about the third eye chakra. There

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: brain-and-pineal-gland-jpg.jpg (161KB, 2048x1228px) Image search: [Google]
brain-and-pineal-gland-jpg.jpg
161KB, 2048x1228px
So I have been reading a lot about the third eye chakra. There were a couple of videos that explain how to open it. According to many of the videos once it is opened people are able to perceive otherworldly things and have an increase perception overall. There is supposed to be a specific type of meditation that allows this pineal gland to be opened. I will post some videos below. Does anybody know anything about this or is it just bullshit?
>>
Here is one of those videos. https://youtu.be/ZtLkzg8bFgA
>>
Some people report seeing spirits, or creatures from another plane. Some people report being able to astral project. I'm having a difficult time finding any scientific evidence though
>>
>>17741548
Because they're tricking themselves into seeing them. Aka lying.
>>
psychedelics
>>
>>17741562
That might be true. But check out the video. It's convincing. there is a little girl that is able to see things even with blindfolds on, it might just be crap. but I'm not sure
>>
>>17741567
It could be likely that the over meditation has caused some sort of psychedelic effect on the mind
>>
>>17741541
Opening your third eye does have these benefits you mention. Even being able to see things your physical eyes can't.

Overall, unlocking your third eye's potential gives a much better sense of intuition and "knowing". There is no actual physical third eye anywhere in the mind that is being opened. It's of course just the best way to describe this newfound sense of "sight". It's extrasensory and allows for astral travel (at least make it easier) etc.

You say you have a hard time finding any scientific evidence. Well the simple reason for this is because not much research has gone into this sort of thing. It would be a study of supernatural consciousness. How do you study something like that? It might be possible I'm not sure, but a lot of "smart" people just brush it off. When someone calls this kind of thing bullshit, I laugh because it's as if they think they know everything there is to know. There are things far beyond the reach of modern science today, and understand consciousness is one of them. If you don't wish to practice or meditate or anything of that sort, get a source on ayahuasca or dmt, you'll be launched into an experience that sometimes has the benefit of ripping open your third eye. I have personal experience with this stuff. I can't provide scientific evidence, but just a confirmation that these practices do indeed have merit to them.
>>
>>17741716
Nice response thanks for that. I was not aware if this was just another attempt at someone's desire for five minutes of fame. I do understand that there are unquantifiable benefits to meditation. As we live in a science and or pseudoscience world we feel like if we can't prove it then it must be nonsense. I'd like to think that the idea of a third eye with some sort of extraordinary benefit is reality and I plan on studying this quite a bit further.

Do you mind explaining a little bit about your own experiences with this? I don't think it's a bad idea that someone keep references of this and begin research and record-keeping
>>
File: isis_goddess.jpg (66KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
isis_goddess.jpg
66KB, 400x600px
>>17741763
Not wanting fame lol. Just trying to provide useful info.

In my experience, I attempt to incorporatensure third eye awareness in my meditations. Meaning that when I meditate, I put my attention on the spot a bit above in between my eyebrows. This causes a sensation in my forehead can be subtle and eventually very intense. I don't know what's behind the sensation or how it works, but it does. The results are subtle visions of things and sometimes a geometric scene. I eventually started to feel pressure on my forehead throughout the day on a regular basis. Particularly when I was feeling positive and focused. The results I've seen towards more recent times of incorporating these practices is a newfound sense of intuition. It's hard to describe, but you just "know" or "feel". I feel much more connected to everything and I'm more sensitive to people's energy or their emotions.

One time while attempting to astral project, I felt as if a truck was sitting on my forehead, almost painful in a way. But it ultimately does benefit you one way or another. I'm still trying to properly "unlock" it. It's an ongoing thing. Some people report being able to see auras, but I haven't seen something like that yet. Just see what ends up happening with yourself.
>>
>>17741562

Science has no explanation for psychic phenomena. Its because the underlying metaphysics of the universe is Neo-Platonic and not Aristotelian.

Keep telling yourself they're lying. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

>>17741541

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Ass

The plot revolves around the protagonist's curiosity (curiositas) and insatiable desire to see and practice magic. While trying to perform a spell to transform into a bird, he is accidentally transformed into an ass. This leads to a long journey, literal and metaphorical, filled with in-set tales. He finally finds salvation through the intervention of the goddess Isis, whose cult he joins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJpp-Uj3c64
>>
>>17741541
>>17741544
>>17741562
>>17741544
>>17741562
>>17741570
>>17741574
>>17741763
>>17741716
>>17741763
>>17741809
>>17741864
>>17741913
They are all demons who tempt you with promises of wordly gains! There is still time to repent and let Jesus into your life!
>>
>>17741541
my third eye was opened after I smoked a blunt and was attacked with black magic

after that I could see a blackness in certain people's eyes - devils in the flesh, zombies
>>
The origin of the pineal gland was Descartes deciding that since it's near the middle of the brain and there's only one it must be important. Descartes had no knowledge of neuroscience and others with knowledge at the time thought he was retarded and treated it as just another endocrine gland

As a neuroscience grad student I want you guys to know you're retarded
>>
>>17741968
As a wizard I can confirm they're retarded.
Third eye has nothing to do with pineal gland, they're two completely different things.
>>
>>17741968
please explain
>>
>>17741968
>student

Opinion discarded.
>>
File: IsisChrist.jpg (53KB, 288x432px) Image search: [Google]
IsisChrist.jpg
53KB, 288x432px
>>17741923

Hey buddy, there is no J in Latin. They used the letter I. Jesus Christ, the Lamb of GOD.....

What does that make the name of GOD incarnate?
>>
>>17741968
Ever heard of scientism friend?
>>
>>17742030
IC XC
>>
>>17741968

Well son. Maybe one day after daddy's checks have stopped paying for your college education you might learn a little bit more about the often disproven scientific theories.

There are very unusual and unexplainable associations made with the third eye chakra and increased intuition.

Understanding some of the science about one thing does not make you an expert in all things.
>>
>>17741968
It is a sleepy gland.
The other one's aren't sleepy glands.
>>
>>17742119
He never said anything about third eye chakra, but pineal gland.
>>
>>17742291
Chakra is the sanskrit word for spiral

>www.wiktionary.org
>>
>>17741544
She is pretty hot tbhfam
>>
>>17742308
That's hardly a proof that the two are the same.
>>
File: 1424150283407.png (4MB, 1445x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1424150283407.png
4MB, 1445x1200px
>>17742338
You fckin kidding me?

Do you even know that your liver is on top of your stomach?

Can you even recognize when it is your liver which aches, and not your stomach?
>>
>>17742349
All this talk about liver made me hungry. Thanks, Ludfig!
>>
>>17742349
Exactly. One is inside the other, they're not the same thing.
>>
>>17742291
He brought up the pineal gland when I started the post about the third eye, one might make an inference that he was discussing the pineal gland referred to as the third eye
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.