[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conspiracy theories are the short cuts stupid people use to understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 17

File: misfits-bullet.jpg (201KB, 640x652px) Image search: [Google]
misfits-bullet.jpg
201KB, 640x652px
Conspiracy theories are the short cuts stupid people use to understand the world around them. The truth is always just as damning as the conspiracies, but the truth takes slightly more patience to understand.

It's easier to just say 9/11 was an inside job used to justify war for resources and control. The truth just has one more step: the US was already extracting resources, and was toppling any regime that would get in the way. This bred resentment among the exploited local population, who, charged with religious rhetoric, finally struck back, which the United States and every other society with a Muslim minority, from Russia to China, used to their advantage.

It's stupidly simplistic to think Kennedy was such a good guy that the establishment had to take him out. The truth is he was an extremely controversial president who brought us dangerously close to war with Cuba. There were tons of detractors against him who saw him as dangerous. The only difference between him and more recent presidents is the more recent ones have better security and have been able to stop assassination attempts.
>>
OP, the expert on stupidity
>>
File: 1448313418709.jpg (1MB, 940x1786px) Image search: [Google]
1448313418709.jpg
1MB, 940x1786px
>>17738089
>Conspiracy theories are the short cuts stupid people use to understand the world around them.

>Immediately presents his theories for the "real' motives behind 9/11 and JFK.
>>
>>17738100
They're not theories. They're the official stories as understood by pretty much everyone, and they're just as bad as conspiracy theories. If you're unable to identify them as the official stories, then you clearly don't know anything about the topics.
>>
>>17738102
>They're the official stories
so that makes it a fact?
>>
>>17738107
When all the evidence points to them, they're the most plausible explanations, everyone from academics to government agree on them, and even the people they hurt generally have to accept their validity, they're much more valuable perspectives than the alternatives floating around the internet.
>>
>>17738089
sick single 10/10
>>
>>17738115
definitely a fantastic song, though it was actually released as an EP
>>
>>17738111
Haha wow you are fucking retarded. Seriously.
>>
>>17738111
Kid go back to school.
>>
>>17738137
No, I've just hurt your anus horribly and you have to lash out on me, lest your childish worldview come crumbling down. Have fun listening to schizophrenics whine about the illuminati.
>>
RUN JACKAY RUN
>>
>>17738089
I think conspiracy theories is what people create in absence of proper information to get rid of cognitive dissonance in their head. People with low tolerance for cognitive dissonance are most prone to create conspiracy theories. They somehow need to make sense of an event so they create a theory that "fits into the puzzle" and hold it as true.
>>
>>17738140
Don't worry, I am. After working in economic development for a couple years, I've been accepted into a top grad school, and I'm starting back up in September.
>>
>>17738147
Very well said! I like your perspective, definitely something to think about.
>>
>>17738148
No one cares about your blog or your shit thread.
>>
>>17738143
Haha you need a new handbook. You aren't convincing anyone.

>schizo
>autism
>take your meds
>moms basement
>neckbeard

Did I miss any? Faggot.
>>
>>17738157
Evidently at least you and a couple other people care about my thread, and you made a demand for my life, so I explained the position I'm in right now. You seem very prone to temper tantrums.
>>
>>17738163
Go make another despair code project you fucking manlet
>>
>>17738160
By schizophrenic I'm being literal; it's a reference to David Icke, one of the most famous conspiracy theorists who is a diagnosed schizophrenic.

I don't throw around the term autism. I grew up with a couple Asperger's kids, and it honestly bothers me how much people throw that term around.

I was also on meds as a kid for ADD and they made me really depressed for a couple years there, so I'm generally anti-meds.

I like beards, so I don't use that insult.

Now get out of your mom's basement, kiddo.
>>
>>17738166
I can't really respond to this, because I have no idea what you're talking about. Your post makes no sense, but I'm probably missing a reference.
>>
>>17738089
it wasn't the US that did it.

Think really hard about which 2 countries we have major issues with.

melamine in baby food.
false inflated diamond market
>>
To sum up the thread.

OP: "Hey guys i'm an asshole, fuck you guys. Huhuhehe you don't believe people conspire to do stuff historically! Everything just happens! HAHA. I am right."

And OP died, the end.
>>
ITT:

>conspiracies aren't real because david icke is dumb

He is dumb.

But...

Y'all need to watch this. No tinfoil needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kFmZFgGJug
>>
How far is your head up your ass to think you're being more logical than conspiracy theorists when you use ad hominem and ad populum?

>well ... conspiracy theorists usually just think that way because there's something wrong with their head and they want to believe in it for psychological reasons ... if everyone else believes in something, it has to be true, why come up with stupid theories ...

Go fuck yourself, and then come back and weigh the evidence of conspiracies impartially instead of just immediately discounting it and then coming up with reasons they're wrong after you've already made the decision to regard them as wrong.
>>
>>17738339
Wow, way to dodge 99% of the stuff posted and zone in on one insult

>>17738332
>>17738374
let the asspain flow through you
>>
>>17738089
Goddamn it is there a website like /X/ but with a higher level of discourse?
>>
File: marx2.jpg (33KB, 200x271px) Image search: [Google]
marx2.jpg
33KB, 200x271px
http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/beresiner7.html

http://www.soul.org/
>The Rosicrucian Fraternity existed in America prior to the First American Revolution. In 1774, the great Council of Three (the Fraternity's ultimate governing body) was composed of Benjamin Franklin, George Clymer and Thomas Paine. Thomas Paine was later succeeded by Lafayette, who, like Benjamin Franklin, was a member of the Paris Rosicrucian lodge “Humanidad.” In 1842, the Great Council of Three was revitalized by the novelist, George Lippard, who rewrote the exoteric ritual, giving it a patriotic-Christian basis. During the Civil War this Great Council was composed of Paschel Beverly Randolph, General Ethan Allen Hitchcock and Abraham Lincoln.
>>
File: Posterstalin.jpg (49KB, 340x491px) Image search: [Google]
Posterstalin.jpg
49KB, 340x491px
>>17738416
http://www.hermetik-international.com/en/media-library/rosicrucianism/peregrinus-goethe-the-rosicrucian-his-faust-and-his-sub-faust/
>http://www.freemasons-freemasonry.com/goethe.html
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/sta41.htm
>>
File: key-147-651.jpg (36KB, 370x605px) Image search: [Google]
key-147-651.jpg
36KB, 370x605px
>>17738430
It's your choice to look at links and make something of them, I can't force you to believe something unless I have your body in my room, enough sedatives, and some access to electroshock.
>>
>>17738403
No.
>>
File: second_veil.jpg (16KB, 250x427px) Image search: [Google]
second_veil.jpg
16KB, 250x427px
>>17738440
>>
File: wahing.gif (114KB, 412x538px) Image search: [Google]
wahing.gif
114KB, 412x538px
>>17738445
>>
File: lafayette.jpg (28KB, 289x373px) Image search: [Google]
lafayette.jpg
28KB, 289x373px
>>17738450
http://www.gwmemorial.org/washingtonTheMason.php
>>
File: apotheosis-of-washington.jpg (880KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
apotheosis-of-washington.jpg
880KB, 1600x1600px
>>17738453
Quote from Gravity's Rainbow:
>In return for his good deed, Lyle Bland, who couldn’t care
less, is made a Mason. He finds good fellowship, all kinds
of comforts designed to remind him of his virility, and even
a number of useful business contacts. Beyond this, all is
just as tight as that Business Advisory Council. Non-Masons
stay pretty much in the dark about What Goes On,
though now and then something jumps out, exposes itself,
jumps giggling back again, leaving you with few details but
a lot of Awful Suspicions. Some of the American Founding
Fathers were Masons, for instance. There is a theory going
around that the U.S.A. was and still is a gigantic Masonic
plot under the ultimate control of the group known as the
Illuminati. It is difficult to look for long at the strange single
eye crowning the pyramid which is found on every dollar bill
and not begin to believe the story, a little. Too many
anarchists in 19th-century Europe—Bakunin, Proudhon,
Salverio Friscia—were Masons for it to be pure chance.
>>
>>17738474
Herman Melville writing on the Knights-Templar
(1/2)
Templar? That's a romantic name. Let me see. Brian de Bois Gilbert was a Templar, I believe. Do we understand you to insinuate that those famous Templars still survive in modern London? May the ring of their armed heels be heard, and the rattle of their shields, as in mailed prayer the monk-knights kneel before the consecrated Host? Surely a monk-knight were a curious sight picking his way along the Strand, his gleaming corselet and snowy surcoat spattered by an omnibus. Long-bearded, too, according to his order's rule; his face fuzzy as a pard's; how would the grim ghost look among the crop-haired, close-shaven citizens? We know indeed -- sad history recounts it -- that a moral blight tainted at last this sacred Brotherhood. Though no sworded foe might outskill them in the fence, yet the worm of luxury crawled beneath their guard, gnawing the core of knightly troth, nibbling the monastic vow, till at last the monk's austerity relaxed to wassailing, and the sworn knights-bachelors grew to be but hypocrites and rakes.

But for all this, quite unprepared were we to learn that Knights-Templars (if at all in being) were so entirely secularized as to be reduced from carving out immortal fame in glorious battling for the Holy Land, to the carving of roastmutton at a dinner-board. Like Anacreon, do these degenerate Templars now think it sweeter far to fall in banquet than in war? Or, indeed, how can there be any survival of that famous order? Templars in modern London! Templars in their red-cross mantles smoking cigars at the Divan! Templars crowded in a railway train, till, stacked with steel helmet, spear, and shield, the whole train looks like one elongated locomotive!
>>
File: Jay-Z-Do-What-Thou-Wilt2.jpg (109KB, 465x361px) Image search: [Google]
Jay-Z-Do-What-Thou-Wilt2.jpg
109KB, 465x361px
>>17738484
(2/2)
No. The genuine Templar is long since departed. Go view the wondrous tombs in the Temple Church; see there the rigidly-haughty forms stretched out, with crossed arm upon their stilly hearts, in everlasting and undreaming rest. Like the years before the flood, the bold Knights-Templars are no more. Nevertheless, the name remains, and the nominal society, and the ancient grounds, and some of the ancient edifices. But the iron heel is changed to a boot of patent-leather; the long two-handed sword to a one-handed quill; the monk-giver of gratuitous ghostly counsel now counsels for a fee; the defender of the sarcophagus (if in good practice with his weapon) now has more than one case to defend; the vowed opener and clearer of all highways leading to the Holy Sepulchre, now has it in particular charge to check, to clog, to hinder, and embarrass all the courts and avenues of Law; the knight-combatant of the Saracen, breasting spear-points at Acre, now fights law-points in Westminster Hall. The helmet is a wig. Struck by Time's enchanter's Wand, the Templar is to-day a Lawyer.

But, like many others tumbled from proud glory's height -- like the apple, hard on the bough but mellow on the ground -- the Templar's fall has but made him all the finer fellow.

I dare say those old warrior-priests were but gruff and grouty at the best; cased in Birmingham hardware, how could their crimped arms give yours or mine a hearty shake? Their proud, ambitious, monkish souls clasped shut, like horn-book missals; their very faces clapped in bomb-shells; what sort of genial men were these? But best of comrades, most affable of hosts, capital diner is the modern Templar. His wit and wine are both of sparkling brands.
>>
File: led_zeppelin-aleister_crowley.jpg (35KB, 400x271px) Image search: [Google]
led_zeppelin-aleister_crowley.jpg
35KB, 400x271px
>>17738494
>Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the law, love under will
Aleister Crowley
>>
File: David-Bowie-e1453906570485.jpg (52KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie-e1453906570485.jpg
52KB, 400x800px
>>17738503
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/texts/kabbalah.html
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/aqc/crowley.html
>>
File: madonna.jpg (84KB, 468x561px) Image search: [Google]
madonna.jpg
84KB, 468x561px
>>17738513
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/kabbalah-strange-ancient-jewish-mysticism-that-madonna-popularised-1507927
http://www.ranthollywood.com/2015/11/17/15-celebrities-you-forgot-practiced-kabbalah/
>>
File: kabbala.jpg (141KB, 432x648px) Image search: [Google]
kabbala.jpg
141KB, 432x648px
>>17738518
>>
>>17738503
>>17738513
>>17738521
>Around 1974, I graduated into the occult, and spent a sold six or seven years immersed in the Kabala and the Chaldean, Celtic, and Druidic traditions … I also became fascinated with Aleister Crowley, the nineteenth-century magician who shared these beliefs.” (Penthouse Magazine, March, 1987, pp. 60,62)
Daryl Hall
>>
File: Baphomet.png (748KB, 1794x2506px) Image search: [Google]
Baphomet.png
748KB, 1794x2506px
>>17738528
>As above, so below
Emerald Tablet, attributed to the mystical figure Hermes Trismegistus, from whence we have "Hermeticism"

The statue of Baphomet (Baphomet being the name of a god the Knights Templar were reputed to worship, and who was first drawn (so far as we can tell) by Eliphas Levi, 19th century Satanist/mystic, who Aleister Crowley, 20th century Satanist/mystic, thought himself to be the reincarnation of) represents this maxim by having one hand point to the heavens, one to the earth. Divinity is a reflection of humanity, man (supposedly) can become God by eating of the Kabbalistic Tree of Life that God didn't want man to, expelling him from the Garden of Eden after he ate of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil already so that he would not become immortal like Him...
>>
>>17738089
special snowflake, you are close to unluck master autism
>>
>>17738089

>JFK assassination wasn't a conspiracy, people didn't like him so they wanted to kill him
>I'll just ignore the fact the bullets trajectory actually bended, the man accused of killing him was mentally ill and thus easily manipulated, and when he was actually meant to testify someone killed him.
>And the fact that the guy who murdered him wants a retrial in light of new evidence, dies of a pulmonary embolism and lung cancer before trial can begin.
>And the fact his wife remarried to a man who at the time was the world's largest shipping magnate.

Come on man. There's a lot of bogus shit out there, but this is a genuine conspiracy to conceal information relating to what actually happened.

Okay, last part probably isn't relevant, but is this not a little suspicious?
>>
>>17738157
Resident NEET pls go
>>
>>17738556
>close
>>
>>17738089
What's there to understand ? Money makes the world go around. Some people do sick shit in order to gain more profit.. That's life.
>>
>>17738145

Jonathan of Kennedy
Well rise and be shot down
Dirt's gonna be your dessert
My cum be your life source
And the only way to get it
Is it suck
Or fuck
Or to be poor and devoid
And masturbate me
Then slurp it from your palm
Like a dry desert soaking up rain
Soaking up sun
>>
>>17738137
I picture carl the cuck when I read this
>>
File: TopMeme.jpg (229KB, 450x796px) Image search: [Google]
TopMeme.jpg
229KB, 450x796px
>>17738089
You fucking nigger
You state the official story which would differ from theories for the reason the government is held accountable for wrong doing
The government has a history of wrong doings and coverups and if you lurk enough you probably would know this
Certain facts about those official stories don't necessarily add up and as such people formulate theories more or less to explain some of the discrepancies
How much of a dillusional faggot could you be to trust everything the government has to say
>>
>>17738089
>everything happens in full view
>>
>>17738089
>lol oh shit I never thought about that; was he smiling when he busted in his head? lulz
>>
I agree, conspiracy theorists try too hard to try and simplify a situation down to the most basic and easy to understand rather than realizing that the world is inherently chaotic and complex and it isn't sexy and exciting like the theories they toss around. It's not that sexy and exciting to have the US admit they overthrew the Iranian government when it was all but proven already. But that's reality, that's life.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.