[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there cool wizards/witches from your folkloric tales? >Koschei

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

Are there cool wizards/witches from your folkloric tales?

>Koschei the Deathless
>In Slavic folklore, Koschei is an archetypal male antagonist, described mainly as abducting the hero's wife.

>Koschei cannot be killed by conventional means targeting his body. His soul (or death) is hidden separate from his body inside a needle, which is in an egg, which is in a duck, which is in a hare, which is in an iron chest (sometimes the chest is crystal and/or gold), which is buried under a green oak tree, which is on the island of Buyan in the ocean. As long as his soul is safe, he cannot die. If the chest is dug up and opened, the hare will bolt away; if it is killed, the duck will emerge and try to fly off. Anyone possessing the egg has Koschei in their power. He begins to weaken, becomes sick, and immediately loses the use of his magic. If the egg is tossed about, he likewise is flung around against his will. If the needle is broken, Koschei will die.

It's the original Voldemort guys.
>>
>>17727834
No there is none
>>
>>17727834
>in the ocean
Way to ruin an elite wizard's lifetime of work, OP.

And you wonder why magic avoids this realm...
>>
>>17727867
Shut up bitch
>>
can i ask a favor?
can one you witches put a curse on a basketball player for me? game starts in a half hour so it need to be quick. here you chance to prove yourselves
>>
File: invunche_by_genzoman.jpg (64KB, 387x700px) Image search: [Google]
invunche_by_genzoman.jpg
64KB, 387x700px
Well here in Chile we have a island full of magic and folklore is called the island of Chiloe were the witchers make guardians for their caves with kinaped baby's they are called the "invunche"
>>
File: Bilibin._Baba_Yaga.jpg (410KB, 800x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Bilibin._Baba_Yaga.jpg
410KB, 800x1025px
>Baba Yaga
>In Slavic folklore, Baba Yaga is a supernatural being (or one of a trio of sisters of the same name) who appears as a deformed and/or ferocious-looking woman. Baba Yaga flies around in a mortar, wields a pestle, and dwells deep in the forest in a hut usually described as standing on chicken legs (or sometimes a single chicken leg). Baba Yaga may help or hinder those that encounter or seek her out. She sometimes plays a maternal role, and also has associations with forest wildlife. According to Vladimir Propp's folktale morphology, Baba Yaga commonly appears as either a donor or villain, or may be altogether ambiguous.
>The first clear reference to Baba Yaga (Iaga baba) occurs in 1755; Mikhail V. Lomonosov's Rossiiskaia grammatika ('Russian grammar'). In Lomonosov's grammar, Baba Yaga is mentioned twice among other figures largely from Slavic tradition. The second of the two mentions occurs within a list of Slavic gods and beings next to their presumed equivalence in Roman mythology (the Slavic god Perun, for example, appears equated with the Roman god Jupiter). Baba Yaga, however, appears in a third section without an equivalence, attesting to perception of her uniqueness even in this first known attestation.

In the narratives in which Baba Yaga appears, she displays a variety of typical attributes: a turning, chicken-legged hut; and a mortar, pestle, and/or mop or broom. Baba Yaga frequently bears the epithet "bony leg" (Baba Iaga kostianaia noga), and when inside of her dwelling, she may be found stretched out over the stove, reaching from one corner of the hut to another. Baba Yaga may sense and mention the "Russian scent" (russky dukh) of those that visit her. Her nose may stick into the ceiling. Particular emphasis may be placed by some narrators on the repulsiveness of her nose or other body parts.
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 268x188px
>>17727873
pic related
thanks in advance for your help
>>
>>17727875
pls halp
see
>>17727881
>>
>>17727875
Spooky.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
>>17727875
South americans have fucked up shit, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PARg0XkG-rA
>>
>>17727872
Solve the riddle and make me.
>>
File: 107395-105142.jpg (44KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
107395-105142.jpg
44KB, 450x338px
>>17727873
consider it done anon i used a Peruvian spell, also i hope you're not trying to make money off this or it will backfire.
>>
>>17727902
Who so you think you are the riddler?
>>
File: chonchon.jpg (47KB, 400x249px) Image search: [Google]
chonchon.jpg
47KB, 400x249px
oh almost forgot they also when they sleep his head grow up wings and go hunt for souls they prefer childs and sick people the only way to protec you for this form called the "chon chon" or "tue tue" is when you hear them coming promise that if they past tomorow you are going to give then salt and cheese.
>>
>>17727931
>>17727931
Nice.

Some more slavic folklore

>A zduhać (Cyrillic: здyхaћ, pronounced [zdǔxaːtɕ]) and vetrovnjak (вeтpoвњaк, [ʋetrǒʋɲaːk]) in Serbian tradition, and a dragon man in Bulgarian, Macedonian and Serbian traditions, were men believed to have an inborn supernatural ability to protect their estate, village, or region against destructive weather conditions, such as storms, hail, or torrential rains. It was believed that the souls of these men could leave their bodies in sleep, to intercept and fight with demonic beings imagined as bringers of bad weather. Having defeated the demons and taken away the stormy clouds they brought, the protectors would return into their bodies and wake up tired.

>Notions associated with the zduhać, vetrovnjak, and dragon man, respectively, are not identical. The dragon man fought against female demons called ala, which led hail clouds over fields to destroy crops, and consumed the fertility of the fields. The zduhaći (plural) of an area usually fought together against the attacking zduhaći of another area who were bringing a storm and hail clouds above their fields. The victorious zduhaći would loot the yield of all agricultural produce from the territory of their defeated foes, and take it to their own region. The vetrovnjak, recorded in parts of western Serbia, fought against a bringer of bad weather imagined as a black bird. The zduhaći are recorded in Montenegro, eastern Herzegovina, part of Bosnia, and the Sandžak region of south-western Serbia. The dragon men are recorded in eastern Serbia, Banat, western Bulgaria, and Macedonia.
>>
>>17727929
Well I THOUGHT I was the fairy Queen, but not I'm not so sure.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.