[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on deities both conventional (established,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: iwtb.jpg (15KB, 447x335px) Image search: [Google]
iwtb.jpg
15KB, 447x335px
What are your thoughts on deities both conventional (established, like YHWH and Allah) and unconventional (like Glycon and Nyarlathotep)? How about Mary?
>>
>>17727516
you're interested in Mary?
Go for the salvia divinorum, brooo.

It will help you make contact with her.

Say a prayer beforehand and you should make contact.
>>
File: rz1POa3.png (245KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
rz1POa3.png
245KB, 500x380px
Are they real or are they just thoughtforms? A little of both?
>>
There is one transcendent God and various intermediate deities or angels. The difference between monotheism and polytheism is whether to worship the intermediary deities or not, and even then there are tensions and contradictions. Catholics claim to worship one God, and yet they pray to saint Gemma to cure a headache and for Saint Anthony to get a wife. No one religion is 100% right.
>>
>>17727529
Fuck off hippie.
>>
Jesus is god
>>
>>17727546
>Catholics
They are the most blatant idol worshippers since fucking Zeus times

specially latin American catholics, their Mary cult is worth of study
>>
>>17727573
Protip: you don't know shit.
>>17727516
Mary is the Mother of God and the chief of the Saints. A Human that was elevated to the title of "Queen of Heaven", but still a human.
Like all humans, she can Pray for you if you ask her. Like all faithfull, God listens to her when she prays. She has just precedence as head-Saint.
Protestants and other people that can't read think this means Catholics venerate her like a goddess. But wich goddess would you Pray asking her to ask her husband or sin to di something for you? Wich goddess needs someone else's power to ascend to the heavens?
If we read the Hail Mary we see:

"Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen."

That is, the first part is what the Archangel Gabriel Said to Her when he announced Her she was pregnant with Jesus, the second part is asking her to Pray for you.
So yeah There's no cult of Mary in the sense of people believing she's a goddess.
>>
>>17727605
>>husband or son to
>>
>>17727605
say all you want in your fancy words but asking ANYONE but Jesus for intercession to God is not christianly.

Even if you catholics want to believe otherwise.
>>
>>17727622
So you never pray for anyone, or you aren't Christian.
>>
>>17727632
>:^)

you know what I mean. I'm not a native speaker so I apologise if what I said was lost in translation.

I pray, I pray for others but always to God or Jesus, not to any human being, even if she is the mother of God
>>
>>17727662
And i don't Pray to her either. I ask her to Pray for me.
>>
>>17727666
your roll betrays you
>>
>>17727672
As a Christian you should know better than ascribing supernatural significance to a randomly roll number.
>>
>>17727676
see that coming!

Joking aside, we'll never reach an agreement, our POVs are fundamentally different, there have been a couple of centuries of this debate for some reason
>>
>>17727680
So you don't call me idolatre and i don't call you filthy heretic. Like we were doing 1 hour ago. Deal?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.