[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on shadow people. I saw one a few years back and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 13

Redpill me on shadow people.

I saw one a few years back and could never make sense of it. It was the only paranormal experience I've ever had and it's been in the back of my mind ever since. I felt no fear when I saw it even though I'm a complete pussy when I watch ghost hunter shows or anything like that. Instead of fear I felt a strong sense of curiosity.

What are they and what do they do?
>>
its just your brain fucking with you mate
>>
>>17724949
No. Not in this case. It set off a motion activated baby toy when it walked by. Otherwise I would've dismissed it as that.
>>
>>17724945
He came up with some answers that seems to be acceptable.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Jung
>>
it is either a evil spirit, or a demon.
>>
I've had experiences seeing them too. Never felt uneasy or really even any emotion when I see them. Had around 5 experiences with shadows, each never lasting more than 10-15 seconds but enough to freak yourself out later. How long did you see one?
>>
>eat a pack of allergy medicine
>walk through waves of spiders
>finaly arrive at the den of shadow people
>they be smoking, so I light up a cig also
>smoke the cig exept the cig was a hallu
>the shadowpeople laugh at me
>light another cig
>>
File: 1460944788461.png (2MB, 2408x2408px) Image search: [Google]
1460944788461.png
2MB, 2408x2408px
>>17726272
OP here.

I was working in a retail store at the time. It was only a couple minutes after the store closed, half the overhead lights went off, and I was fixing a camera display. Off to my left, in my peripheral vision, I saw a dark silhouette walking down the main aisle. In this moment I assumed it was my manager, he was a big black guy. It then turned 90 degrees and walked down a toy aisle. There was a toy baby doll that would cry, giggle, etc whenever it detected motion. As soon as I saw the figure walk by the baby toy, it started laughing or crying, can't remember which. I immediately turned to look and see who it was, but nobody was there. I had a complete visual of the entire aisle, from end to end, and there was nothing there. Nobody.

A couple other coworkers who worked back in the receiving area of the store also had strange experiences after I talked about it with some of them. They had heard footsteps up in the big wooden storage loft when nobody else was there. Typical ghost stuff. I was the only person to ever have seen something though, if only for those few brief seconds.

It looked like a normal, human silhouette, very dark, no contrasting colors on it. Completely black with no other features on it. For lack of better words it was like a walking shadow. It demonstrated complete awareness of it's surroundings considering it walked down the center of the main aisle, then turned 90 degrees to walk down another aisle.

If anybody has any thoughts on what it was, I'm open to it. It's the only "paranormal" thing I've ever experienced first-hand.
>>
>>17729077
Thanks for the bump.

OP here, I'm around if anybody has questions about it. But what is posted above is the story in a nutshell.

Didn't feel any fear. Just a sense of curiosity. I have heard others say they feel a sense of dread, but I felt nothing bad. I was able to go back to work without freaking out. And for the record I'm the kind of guy who is afraid to sleep with his foot hanging off the end of his mattress.

About 3 weeks after the incident, my uncle, who I was living with at the time, died during surgery due to a surgeon's mistake. Not sure if this relates in any way but figure I'd mention it anyway.
>>
I'm haunted by them a bit in my sleep and when I wake up I watch them move about my room and take different forms like a man with a hat or a fairy flying around. Can't say I like that I'm haunted by them or they're attached to me somehow but I'm not sure what to do to get them to leave me alone.
>>
>>17729196
How long has it been happening to you? How often do you see them? Do they haunt you or your house?

I was only able to see mine in my peripheral vision, when I turned to look directly at it, it was gone.
>>
>>17729196
fucking niggers
>>
OP again. Another thing that I noticed was how quick and perfectly it turned 90 degrees to walk down the other aisle. It seemed to be perfectly centered as it was walking down the main aisle, very smooth motion, and then made a quick sharp 90 degree turn into the toy aisle, seemingly losing no momentum, it's speed remained constant, then it passed in front of that motion activated baby doll, which began to laugh or cry. Turned to look and nothing was there.
>>
File: hatman.jpg (7KB, 266x320px) Image search: [Google]
hatman.jpg
7KB, 266x320px
>>17729196
Dude. Is this what The Hat Man that you keep seeing looks like? LOOTS of people have seen this guy in sleep paralysis, astral projection, and even just day to day life. It is said that he sometimes just pops up and hangs around and just watches you for a while, and you feel a sense of dread when he's looking at you. Google "Hat Man".
>>
>>17729269
I am in my childhood home right now where I saw the Hat Man countless times when I was a child and a few times at my high school. Never when I went to college but the memories haunt the shit out of me
>>
>>17729269
I never saw this whilst fully conscious but as a child probably aged about 6 up to about ten I used to have recurring nightmares about once a week or so about a black silhouette with a hat. but it was more of a top hat but not a stovepipe. I remember knowing it was a dream and trying to will myself to wake up so I could get away from it but i would feel paralysed. when I was 10 or 11 it just stopped. I put it down to night terrors which are common.
>>
>>17729300
Can you elaborate on your experiences with him? It is just amazing how many people have had contact with this entity.
>>
>>17729347
Its almost always in the same room. When you walk in my house On the right is a formal dining room and thats where I would see him. I would come down for a glass of water or a midnight snack and I could see the silouhette by the glow of the streetlight through the window. Always the same shape but different places in the room just standing there watching. I keep getting goosebumps talking about it. Every time I would go down there and see him I would get such a crippling feeling of fear and dread. Not because I was scared but it was a different kind of uncomfortable feeling. Twice (that I remember) I would hear steps walking towards me as I entered the front of the house to go back upstairs and I would sprint up the stairs and shut my door. The few times I saw it outside of my house were in high school but it didnt have the hat. I got the same feeling though and the feeling that it was the same thing. My old best friend saw it once when she stayed over once. I always felt like it was trying to follow me but eventually I quit getting scared. Its strange though because when Ive come back home I havent ever seen it but still get that dreading feeling sometimes
>>
>>17729269
When i was 7 years old, i had a nightmare about a dark silhouette of a man strangling me, I couldn't remember if he had a hat or not, the nightmare looked very real because I saw my mom sleeping beside me and I couldn't breathe. When I woke up, my mom said that I was murmuring something in my sleep.
>>
Fucking Drugs
>>
>>17729269
I saw him once so, short story time.
>be me
>be in bed
>be really into astral projection and all that jazz
>try it
>apparently fucked up somewhere
>wake up in my room
>can't move
>fuck, it's sleep paralysis
>nothing funky going on like people said
>dark room
>see a man in the door way
>bum bum bummm, motherfucking hat man
>okay brain, stop spooking me
Next part scares the shit out of me
>he says in a normal voice; "I'm coming in."
>start freaking out
>remember struggling to move or say anything
>see him take a step in my room
>body finally starts to listen
>feel like i'm moving 3 tons worth of bricks off of my chest
>I force the word no out of my mouth
>came out something like noooOOOOOOooo
>just like that
>immediately wake up again
>fuck
I still try and remember if it was just a dream or not, but nothing was out of place in the room. The only thing was this man, shade thing standing in my doorway.
That was my one and only experience of sleep paralysis. Normally I hear people having all kinds of weird shit happen to them, but like I said, the only thing going on was this dude in my doorway.
>>
>>17724945
>>17726090
>>17729196

>>174950
>>
I've been seeing these guys for years. Saw one last night in the corner of my room. only it was a strange black like cloud/ smoke. It distorted the area around it. I used to get scared when I see them. It turned into me eventually trying to physically fight them with no prevail. Know I just get up out of bed and try to touch them or talk to them. My ex started seeing them in my house as well.
>>
So are they evil? Do they want to harm people, or are they just wandering around aimlessly?
>>
>be me
> see guy with hat laughing not the cowboy the taller ones. He has a moustache
> see black clouds with movie horror faces come at me with big speeds flying trough me and than up
> see fairy woman holding out their hand
> seen this since i can think
>>
Everytime I see /x/ thread on the main 4chan page I always come by, read few OP posts and I wonder if people are seriously so retarded to believe in such bullshit or if /x/ is just a bunch of trolls who actually started to believe their own bullshit.

Cya /x/, keep on being delusional. No need for (you).
>>
>>17724945
Shadow people live among us op.
They're just secretly disguised as niggers. They hunt prey at night after they transform into shadows and steal your kfc. Be careful when you eat kfc at night, you never know when the shadow people will strike.
>>
i usually lurk around but after you porting that hat guy i couldnt resist and answer. that guy put his hand out into my direction when i had a sleep paralysis. i was hallucinating that i was falling from a cliff and he helped me up. after that the paralysis was over.
>>
>>17729269
i always felt his presence never quite saw him. I always thought it was this gangly thing walking around my room
>>
>>17729205
It's been happening to me since I was a teenager, and happens once I break out of my sleepstate and astral projection (they like to cover my eyes during that time so I can see nothing but darkness). It happens sometimes. I'm sure they haunt me because my house is a newly made home.

You're lucky, I can look those suckers right in front of them and they don't care.

>>17729269
I'll google it as this appears to be a common phenomena. Yes, he does look similar to that but sometimes it's a sideview as well.
>>
>>17729269
ive came across that particular Spectre a few times its just watches. like its lurking its a very un easy feeling when you notice it. when im really upset and feel im being watched i associate it with that specific figure don't know why
>>
They try to scare you.. they feed off of this. If you encounter one just leave it alone. It will do the same when it realizes it can't use you to get its kicks.

Besides that.. I don't know too much
>>
>>17729665
spoopy
sleep paralysis is a terrible experience
though ive yet to experience any shadow people
>>
>>17728022
It's an el chumbawamba, by any chance did you get knocked down?
>>
>>17724945
I remember when I used to be interested in shadow people. I so wished they existed.
>>
>>17729196
I don't wanna be stereotypical, but taking some meds might help you...
>>
>>17729269
That shit has been debunked a looong time ago.
>>
I saw two of them along with my friend so its not just a delusion.
>>
File: greyman.png (171KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
greyman.png
171KB, 500x374px
>>17729196
It's sleep paralysis or you're half awake. Happens to me too.

>>17729269
I never knew that's what he was based off of.

>>17729301
That's sleep paralysis.
>>
File: 1459564053001.png (291KB, 368x290px) Image search: [Google]
1459564053001.png
291KB, 368x290px
>>17732907
OP here. I know I'm just some anonymous guy on the internet but I definitely saw one. I just want to know what it is and why I saw it.

Sometimes I think it was a hallucination, but then I don't know how to explain it setting off the motion activated crying baby toy. I think those things use infrared but I'm not sure.

Until you see something for yourself, you'll never be certain of it. I don't know what the fuck it was, I just know it was in my peripheral vision, shaped like a human, walking on two legs like a human, completely dark with no features on it, seemingly was aware of it's surroundings, set off an (Infrared?) motion detector, and was gone when I turned to look directly at it.
>>
>>17732996
Why would a motion toy on a shelf be turned on so that it could annoy all customers. Very unrealistic.
>>
>>17733013
Why would a toy be off if having it be turned on and functional is the best way to market it to a bunch of dumb kids going through a toy store?
>>
When i was kid my teacher told us she saw in her house a big and large figure with a hat she said she did not run but she felt weak and scary
>>
>>17733047
Lots of people notice a hat, but I can't say whether or not the one I saw had a hat. Didn't get a good enough look at it.
>>
>>17732996
They are hallucinations. I've seen them myself, so I know they aren't real. The toy could have been coincidence, my motion activated frog gets set off by clouds going over the sun sometimes.

I usually get them when I'm severely sleep deprived.
>>
>>17724945
A common type of hallucination.

Don't be scared, talk with them.
>>
What if the Shadowpeople are just projections of Alternate timelines being projected. Kinda like the Phantoms in souls game?
>>
>>17729196
>>17729269
That's Mister Dark, he's a mysterious shape shifting sorcerer. He tries to destabilize the world by messing with the atomic balance, removing protons so the electrons scatter.
>>
>>17724945
Literally same situation here OP.. except instead of curiosity, I felt bliss. Pure bliss. When they disappeared, I felt scared as fuck though
>>
>>17735218
What are your beliefs?
>>
>>17734964
There are no alternate timelines, time doesn't work like that.
>>
>>17735245
It took you but a moment to write your post, and to disregard all other thoughts,

and yet for me, minutes have passed, and all that exists for me now still are your words
>>
>>17735245
Alternate dimensions, universes, timelines. Consider it.
>>
>>17735245
Nothing works how you think it works.
The world is stranger than you could ever think anon.
>>
>>17735329

time is stranger than you think, and it doesn't work in lines.

>>17735270
I have considered it, there's nothing baring what you could mistake as an alternate timeline, a parallel world.
But it won't be caused by a timeline split, because time isn't a line. It'll be caused by extreme coincidences over infinite possibilities with limited variables.
>>
>>17735218
I literally felt no strong emotions... just a "hmmm... that's weird... I wonder what that was"
>>
>>17729269
Is he a human projecting something out of himself? Or is he just a demon/monster that enjoys fucking with people?
>>
>>17736078
Definitely the latter.
>>
>be me
>10 years old
>watching TV
>the only light in the room was the one from the TV
> look to the left for no reason
>saw something like the shadow of a monk exiting from a room and entering another like 10 meters away from me
>can't be the shadow that you usually see in your pheriperal vision because I looked directly into him
>scared as hell I call for my family members who where reunited in the garden (I was in the second floor)
>they checked and no one saw something strange
>some days later the members of my family who lived there saw the same "shadow"
>now they had moved and the house is empty
>>
>>17736078
He is something that the humans who experience him are projecting from themselves as are the case with a lot of shadow people.
>>
>>17728022
he got out through an air vent obviously
gosh it's like you never even played splinter cell
>>
They are daemons from the warp preying on unsanctioned psykers. You should head to the nearest administorium center and turn yourself in. You are a danger to your planet and those around you.
>>
>>17724945
when i was really depressed i saw them all the time for a good couple years, still see them sometimes
>>
>>17736804
Deploy the Gay Knights
>>
>>17736919
this, I was just casually walking at home, going from a room to another, and in a glimpse of second I saw a humanoid figure throw something at me and I FUCKING CROUCHED BY REFLEX, and that was it, nothing changed or happened again, I only remembered it because of this thread.

Fuck my brain, perhaps if you want to touch the occult you have to be more depressed and isolated?
>>
>>17729269
Hi I have seen the hat man 3 times and the third time I was able to scare him off. He took me to a parallel universe where he locks up souls and melts their flesh for his pleasure. I was able to espace. The place smelled like rust. I vividly remember everything. He has not visit me since.
>>
If you're low on sleep that's probably the cause of it. When I was in middle school I was sometimes very low on sleep due to all nighters on projects and I would hallucinate that there were people walking past me when there weren't.
>>
>>17724945
you probably have a mixture of lack of sleep and don't have much human contact.
>>
>>17729183
I saw this thread on the front page and I am not a common /x/ goer, but I have participated in a bunch of threads about them and have had some experiences.
I totally understand what you're saying with not having fear of them at the time, but slowly get more scared later as you realize you experienced something objectively terrifying. I'm also paranoid at night about anything in the dark so we are on common ground there.

What I can contribute to this discussion is that, in addition to seeing this dark figure a couple times in my life, I have had numerous instances of sleep paralysis where I would feel, or even hear once, demonic presences, but would curiously never feel fear during the occurrence. I think genuinely it is God's grace protecting you from the harm such fear would give you.
>>
>>17729269
The hat man always freaks me out as a concept, cause so many people have experiences with him (including me) and there's no solid explanation. It's like the fucking G-man from half life.
My one and only experience with the hat man was during my high school sophomore year finals week. I had pulled 3 all-nighters in a row (and I wasn't used to them yet), and on the third night, I see him walk from the corner of my room, around the edge of my bed, and once he reached the other side, two feet away from me, he knelt down on the ground out of my sight and disappeared.
I wasn't scared a bit until later, but at that moment I realized I needed sleep cause that shit was my mind's signal for me to do so.
>>
>>17737602
It's simply a way the human brain does things. Many people have seen him because all of our brains are similar.
>>
>>17724945
These guys are one of the reasons I do a quick prayer before sleep.
Everytime it happened I saw such a figure stand near my bed.
>>
>>17724945
>Redpill me on shadow people.

They don't exist. Read some books on neurology.

>Bluepill me on shadow people.

Make sure to prayer and dont drink an entire bottle of nyquil before bed. next make sure u look in dark corners of room for the shadow people. spend 5 minute each corner. when the shadow people come make sure to ask they about how you need to improv yur life itsactually gaurdian angels coming from jesus.
>>
>>17729269
The hat man
He is my sole inspiration of everything. My daily dress attire is a black rimmed hat with a long poncho. I get laughed at. But nobody understands that it is homage. When hat man would come, nothing bad would happen.
>>
>>17737631
Yeah, obviously that's a viable reason, our brains do do weird shit, but the fact is that no scientist has yet come up with a believable theory of why our minds come up with such a bizarrely specific phenomenon. I'm not saying it's supernatural, but for anyone who believes in the supernatural in general, it's a possibility.
>>
>>17733395
"WTC hat and robe"

"..."
>>
>>17737342
How did you scare him?
>>
>>17724945
i have seen one at my friend's house.
i turn from the living room towards his kitchen and there, BACKLIT by the hall and the kitchen is basically a male restroom symbol made out of translucent (about 35% shadow) shade. i first noticed the distinctive 'A' gap between mid torso and arm as the "arm" swayed away from the "body". and as i froze at the unexpected movement, the now completely noticed figure froze too. it REACTED to me! (if you've ever seen the movie predator the outline movement was quite similar, but no shimmer or anything.) i thought for a moment that i should be full of dread or terror but it was like encountering a surprise animal; not even a mean dog.. and then it lunged at me. right towards me, with arms out front and everything. i could only lurch it was so fast and i expected to feel cold or burning or pain, i think i felt..something; but that could also have been the expected feeling over-triggering a (no-pun) phantom response. then it was gone. this is no pasta or lie; i don't need to kick it… i didn't even tell K. about it..(he's gotta live there!) no hat though..
>>
>>17737754
…and because we are talking about sleep paralysis i would like to share my most dramatic one. i used to fly around a lot in my dreams; and a couple of times the setting matched my actual environment. i would be over those apartments that are across that lot, or it would be night, etc. one night i will NEVER forget i am looking out the window and am about to 'head out' (i figure) when i realize that to my left, in the moonlight is my neighbor C. and we start talking when he begins to say awful things to me in a VERY mean way. score one for the power of friendship when i declare "you're not C.!" and there in the darkness of the pallid moonlight; like a porceline mask; the guise first cracks around the edges and then is completely dropped. only the darkness beneath remained and the air became charged with MALEVOLENT anger. i got bum-rushed by this thing, it floored me! with a furious attack of hate and swiping blows about my person the weight on my chest increased and as i tried to scream i felt hands on my mouth stifling my resistance as the (rape?) continued.
then i got angry… and did beseech my higher power {i was raised christian and so it was Jesus, but mileage may vary} repeating his name like a mounting crescendo even as the pressure on my mouth (desperately?) increased. and like rising from under water to the surface i broke into consciousness... into the same g.d. room with the same g.d. moonlight.
(funny bit: at the time i slept on the floor and at the beginning of the dream as i approached the window, i remember looking back at that crumpled bit of blankets and thinking it was someone else; like i was having a sleep-over). what a party...
>>
File: sarahstanga.jpg?w=497.jpg (21KB, 300x294px) Image search: [Google]
sarahstanga.jpg?w=497.jpg
21KB, 300x294px
>>17724945
I've had an experience with a similar being but it wasn't quite like that. It may not even be the same type of entity.

A couple of weeks ago I was listening to Sarah Stanga's interviews on YouTube.

I felt extremely sad by listening to her testimony, as any human being would. Whether she's just been hallucinating all her life or had actual experiences I cannot say, but I did feel for her nonetheless. When she said she just wanted someone to support her and care for her and love her I nearly broke down in tears. After the I had finished listened to her interview I just wanted to 'send' her some love, energy from the heart. I don't know what I was doing and I didn't know then. I just focused on my heart while I was doing the dishes and tried to picture her and send her some heart energy.

I couldn't have been doing this for more than 10 seconds, probably less. And then I felt a strong presence and saw in my mind a creature reaching out to me. Its eyes had a white glow and it had an open mouth. It looked like a naked ghost with no physical features, no hair or anything, no legs even. It didn't say anything but I sensed its intention to possess me, it was absolutely clear that it wanted to get in. At that stage I said "you're in control, I wont be in the way" (I was thinking that it was one of those entities that has possessed Sarah and I interfered with their possessive practices etc.) It sort of stayed there for a while and then left. I think that was the same one of these "shadow beings" that she talks about.

OP from what I can gather the experience you've had in your store was with a corporeal being while my experience was, with a nonphysical entity I guess. Any being that can phase in and out of our field of perception and set off motion sensors can be labeled as a ghost or whatever. It could've been a grey, a reptilian, or a 5th dimensional ET human, who knows.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (32KB, 1050x576px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
32KB, 1050x576px
>>17738802
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60HP-668rBE

Pasting from the description itself for some background:

>Published on Jan 6, 2012

>In what is the most traumatic and highly disturbing BASES to date, we introduce Sarah Stanga,

>The subject matter involves ritual child abuse, Shadow Beings (NOT ETs) US, UK & German Military, MILABs, training very young children in psychic warfare.
>This further connects Shadow beings,which are known for their involvement in Crop Circles, Circlemakers, UFOs, Greys and UK military.
>10ft tall German "Non Humans", in German Castles, Greys, at MILAB BASES IN THE UK, All material alluded to in Bases One, by Barry King.
>James Casbolt is mentioned, in one of these groups, as Sarah describes her life from a very early age and alluded to in her Blog.
>Now she is being "Gang Stalked"
>Highly disturbing material.
>Stanga independently dedected much of the material sourced and researched at a major West London broadcaster, so accurately, she was initially thought of as a "company" plant, to discredit the investigation.

>Note:-
>Chris Thomas (Bases 8) has described her as a "VELON" threat. So this material may have a secondary motive.

>This is testimony, and no actual evidence is provided, so caution is advised. Apologies for multiple questions. Time was short.
>>
>>17738802
>I just wanted to 'send' her some love, energy from the heart. I don't know what I was doing and I didn't know then. I just focused on my heart while I was doing the dishes and tried to picture her and send her some heart energy.
>dishes

Can't help I laughed, didn't want to be mean by the way.
>>
>>17738890
That's what I meant it wasn't serious like sitting down and meditating for 2 hours. It was just something little and insignificant.
>>
After like a week plus on meth shadow walk around like humans you see them everywhere. Sleep paralysis is scary one common occurance when this happens is a shadowy figure entering your room and just standing there watching you or chokes/suffocates you. Most of this stuff happens because of sleep exhaustion which will cause hallucations.
>>
>>17738931
Didn't intent to hurt you, sorry if you take it like this.
>>
>>17724945
I was sitting in a chair once, and its claws went down my face, as it was caressing me. I actually paid 0 shits while it was happening, after it was finished and gone I shit myself. Very odd things.
>>
>>17724959
>Things that never happened, the post.
>>
>>17738937
No you didn't hurt any feelings, I can see what you mean. It is a bit silly now that I read it.
>>
>>17738982
It's okay.
>>
File: 1.gif (299KB, 389x270px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
299KB, 389x270px
>>17738963
I don't know if I should elaborate or not, but when I say "I gave 0 shits" I was in a daze, I was thinking of what I wanted to do that day as I had just woken up, and then these claws come down my face, I don't think I ever felt them, maybe they didn't touch my face, but it was either infront of my face, or touching my face but I could not feel it. I was still in this daze as it happened, so I did not react. Finally when it slowly passed down, I was very very afraid, perhaps one of the most fears I've ever experienced. The claws looked like cartoon shadow hands. Very distorted, but a off black, not jet black, but close. I don't usually experience spooky things, but this was pretty spooky.
>>
Have a story and will post if interested.
>>
>>17739268
Please do.
>>
File: 1416384361792.jpg (6KB, 328x381px) Image search: [Google]
1416384361792.jpg
6KB, 328x381px
>>17737698
I know that what I saw wasn't just all in my head. If that toy didn't go off as it walked by I would've brushed it off as my mind playing tricks on me. One of those things you have to experience first-hand to believe. Not saying it was a ghost but it was definitely something, something I've never seen before.

>>17739268
OP here and I'd like to hear it.
>>
>>17724959
>motion activated baby toy
what the fuck?
>>
>>17739768
Yeah, it was basically this little toy baby, meant for little girls. Whenever you waved your hand in front of it or walked by it closely, it would cry, laugh, say "mama", etc and move it's arms. Nothing that special about it.
>>
>>17729196
Sounds like a textbook description of a hypnopompic hallucination.
>>
>>17735245
Many-worlds hypothesis, google it
>>
>>17737734
>but the fact is that no scientist has yet come up with a believable theory of why our minds come up with such a bizarrely specific phenomenon.
That's like saying “we still don't know why we dream or how the human brain works”. Which is also increasingly wrong.

We understand some parts really well about how dreams and hallucations work. Enough to understand this.

Maybe you should read some books on neuroscience instead of /x/ tinfoil garbage.
>>
>>17739897
And here you are wrong. While yes we don't have the exact knowledge into why dreams happen, there are a couple pretty good theories on them, such as dreams being your mind processing all the information from the day for long-term memory storage. However, to date I have not heard a single goddamn reasoned-out theory on why these "shadow" people occur, much less the hatman.

Until you find a neurological/psychological theory that probably explains them, fuck off, and learn to read what I originally said.
>>
>>17739818
see
>>17735432

I am familiar with the hypothosis. It is not correct.
time is repelled by gravity, this is a proven fact, therefore time is inconsistent, you can go and sit next to a black hole for a small amount of time and return to find millions of years have passed.

And another thing, the hypothisis other than requiring time to work in lines, also requires independent free will, something which does not exist.
>>
>>17728022
probably a nigger thief
>>
>>17741472
>It is not correct.
Go prove it then and win the Nobel prize in physics. (Not even joking)
>>
>>17741620
I've already provided my evidence. mainly that time doesn't work in lines.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
There is also some more in the common objections section of here >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation#Common_objections
>>
>>17741636
>I've already provided my evidence. mainly that time doesn't work in lines.
Non sequitur.

To say that “X theory of quantum mechanics is false because we don't understand how it interacts with gravity yet” is equivalent to saying “Quantum mechanics is false because we don't understand how it interacts with gravity yet”.

That's sort of the whole idea behind string theory, loop quantum gravity, quantum field theory, etc: Find a way to unify quantum mechanics with gravity.

But just because we haven't established these theories yet doesn't somehow give you the magical right to dismiss the demonstrable effects of quantum mechanics as hocus pocus. You might as well dismiss the demonstrable effects of special relativity with the same justification, ergo your “proof” is nonsensical.
>>
Sleepwalkers if you bump into one apologize and tell them to lock their doors at night and to stop getting hypnotized.
>>
>>17741636
>There is also some more in the common objections section of here >https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation#Common_objections
I see plenty of good responses to those objections in this article, and nothing in there seems to suggest that MWI is somehow objectively or provably false.

Reminder that the interpretation of quantum mechanics is a varied, multi-faceted and very much open question: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interpretations_of_quantum_mechanics

If you want to rule out MWI as being a valid candidate on this list, then you must somehow establish either proof that MWI cannot possibly be a valid interpretation (which is basically impossible with our current understanding of QM) or establish proof that some MWI-incompatible theory more accurately describes reality (which is also essentially impossible as these are purely philosophical mathematical interpretations of known principles, which are true independent of how you interpret them).
>>
>>17741669
>Quantum Mechanics Theory
We aren't arguing over a theory, we are arguing over a quantum myticism wank interpretation of a thought experiment.

And we do know how time interacts with gravity. We might not know exactly why, but we can observe.

And we also know Quantum Mechanics is only useful when applied to the very small. And I don't think the concept of a branching lineal time is very small.

Never once did I dismiss demonstrable effects of quantum Mechanics. But you are dismissing demonstrable effects of special relativity.
>>
>>17741678
Thing is what you keep forgetting is that I'm not arguing against quantum mechanics or even the possibility of multiple earths with alternate histories.

I'm arguing against the interpretation Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment could literally split time.
>>
>>17741693
>we are arguing over a quantum myticism wank interpretation of a thought experiment.
Sorry? If anything, I would argue that the Copenhagen interpretation (and other non-deterministic or observor-triggered) interpretations are “quantum mystic wank” interpretations.

Reminder that MWI is the only interpretation which asserts both a deterministic reality with no hidden variables and a non-importance of “conscious observers”.

I honestly can't take systems seriously that somehow try to suggest that consciously observing something somehow fundamentally alters the physical nature of it. (As opposed to unconsciously interacting with it)

Also, reminder that none of these are interpretations of thought experiments as much as they are interpretations of mathematical formulae. From real-world experiments we can derive useful and seemingly accurate formulae such as the schrödinger equation, and MWI establishes a relationship between this equation and reality.

Specifically, MWI asserts the schrödinger equations' wave function as being objective truth. (As opposed to other interpretations, which treat it more as a nondeterministic probability map or a thing that spontaneously collapses and ceases to be)

>And we do know how time interacts with gravity. We might not know exactly why, but we can observe.
But we don't, not at small or large scales. There are things about both time and gravity that we can't measure (yet), especially at quantum or extreme scales. For example, we understand extremely little about black holes and all the theoretical problems they pose. How can you simultaneously believe we know how time interacts with gravity at both macroscopic and microscopic scales when this is the subject of very well-known open question in physics that has fueled decades of ongoing research?

(cont)
>>
>>17724945
They're boring dindunuffins
>>
>>17741693
>And we also know Quantum Mechanics is only useful when applied to the very small. And I don't think the concept of a branching lineal time is very small.
This is your interpretation of reality, not objective truth.

It's true that some interpretations assert that quantum mechanics lose relevance at large scales (i.e. the wavefunction “collapses” when you go macroscopic), MWI is one of the interpretations that does not share this property.

In MWI, macroscopic behavior is governed by quantum decoherence - not wavefunction collapse. It just seems classic from our point of view because we're part of the wave function. The role of “smallness” has no relevance here.

If anything, the burden of proof is on the non-MWI interpretations to explain why quantum mechanics should only matter at small scales.

>But you are dismissing demonstrable effects of special relativity.
MWI doesn't dismiss any demonstrable effects of special relativity. The closest thing to that statement which could be considered true is that MWI is agnostic or ignorant of how special relativity interacts with quantum gravity - a property shared by every interpretation of quantum mechanics. We simply don't understand this interaction yet.

>I'm arguing against the interpretation Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment could literally split time.
This is not really what MWI is about. The point of MWI is that the wave function extends to a cosmic scale, i.e. everything in reality is in some superposition of probabilities.

The idea behind MWI isn't that Schrödinger's cat would somehow “mystically” and “magically” split time. The idea is that Schrödinger's cat itself exists in a probability-weighted superpisition (wave function) of states, whose evolution is guided by the Schrödinger equation. To our view as inhabitants of this wave function, everything seems deterministic - because we ourselves are entangled with the cat we're observing.
>>
>>17741755
(cont)

If you're rejecting the MWI under the premise that it seems nonsensical something at a large scale could exist in multiple states at the same time, then you ought to also dismiss the notion of quantum superpositions at any scale - including the small scale (where such effects are demonstrable).

Dismissing MWI means answering the question of why superpositions should only exist below some magical smallness threshold, rather than extending naturally/logically to the macroscopic regime.
>>
>>17741755
>>17741758
Also note that in MWI, there are only “infinitely” many universes around in the same way thata wave function describing a superposition of particle states means there are “infinitely” many particles around.
>>
>>17741744
Nice straw man.
>I honestly can't take systems seriously that somehow try to suggest that consciously observing something somehow fundamentally alters the physical nature of it.
I completely agree with this. see >>17741472

And we do know how time is affected by gravity. If you lessen the affects of gravity, by going up away from the earth for example, time seemingly goes 'faster' than it does on the ground. This is a proven effect.
>>
>>17741755
>I'm arguing against the interpretation that Schrödinger's Cat thought experiment could literally split time.
>This is not really what MWI is about.
>The idea behind MWI isn't that Schrödinger's cat would somehow “mystically” and “magically” split time.

Then we agree anon, your fighting with a phantom of your own imagination.

I was arguing against timeline splits.
again see >>17735432
>>
Has anyone ever heard of the light people, I've seen then a few times, but I'm pretty sure that they are just electrical ghosts.
>>
>>17741774
>And we do know how time is affected by gravity. If you lessen the affects of gravity, by going up away from the earth for example, time seemingly goes 'faster' than it does on the ground. This is a proven effect.
Hurrr. Just because I know that a ball falls down doesn't mean I have a complete and consistent theory of quantum gravity.

There are many things which general relativity doesn't explain.

>Then we agree anon, your fighting with a phantom of your own imagination.
???

I'm just explaining to you that the scientific and mathematically rigorous description of MWI has little to do with whatever you seem to be suggesting.
>>
I once saw something, it was very strange... a head poping out from the upper wall from the long corridor the build has, at aproximately half way. I know there is a windows near there, but no one at high hours of the night would do that at such high and so black (there wasnt too much light neither).
Shocking thing is that the person that lives there had mental problems, seeing faces and hearing voices... now i started to think the build is haunted since its an old one.
>>
>>17741758
>Implying scale has no effect.
>Especially when using sub atomic examples.
>Being trivial about the difference in behavior between matter and elementary particles

I'm not ought to do anything. A forest does not, nor does it need to, take the shape of a tree.
>>
>>17741912
Again coming up with phantom arguments to continue arguing against.

I have not once mentioned quantum gravity. Neither have I mentioned general relativity, or claimed that it is a theory of everything.

Again, what I am suggesting is that time is not a consistent line which branches because of some imaginary force free will.

Something that you seem to actually agree with.

So for all intensive purposes your only arguing with yourself while I make comments.
>>
>>17724945
>Redpill me on shadow people.

They don't exist.

People who believe they do are schizophrenic.

/thread
>>
File: 1422603516737.jpg (20KB, 609x611px) Image search: [Google]
1422603516737.jpg
20KB, 609x611px
>>17724945
Shadows are reflections of living people found in the parallel universe. Sometimes you can see them. If you ever find your own shadow person, you'll have to face it. If you're successful, you'll gain a Persona. If you fail.... well, you'll be found dead, killed in the most grotesque way possible.
>>
>>17744514
speaking of that, maybe when the shadow people see you, they also see shadow people.
>>
File: 1460163814846.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1460163814846.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>17744471
Not an argument.
>>
File: 1447883774327.png (256KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
1447883774327.png
256KB, 476x477px
>>17740733
Shadow people and the Hat Man aren't the same thing. The Hat Man and why so many people have seen him is very easy to understand if you ever read books on neuroscience and not just posts on the internet. It works in the same way regular dreams work, as in they take all the information stored in your brain and mess with it for a while, resulting in the experience known as a dream. The Hat Man works in the same way you see people you know or places you've been to in your dreams differently than what they actually are.
It's just a mass of information clumped together, you've definitely seen people with hats before (either in media or irl), and your brain doesn't want to use enough memory to come up with a realistic face for it, especially if it's sleep paralysis, so it just results in people seeing a shadow with no characteristics wearing a hat.

The opposite happens with the "thisman" myth, which instead of being based off of your brain not using enough "memory" to give someone characteristics, it gives them a mass of commonly seen facial features all subconsciously stored in your brain, which gives you the uncomfortable feelings of
1) having seen that before (as it's a mass of features stored in your brain on a day to day basis)
2) being an unnerving face (as the mass encompasses both male and female features, resulting in something not pleasant to look at, since your natural insticts tell you that face shouldn't be possible)
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.