[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /x/, I'm a CNA in a nursing home. one of my residents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

hi /x/, I'm a CNA in a nursing home. one of my residents that i was working with today is actively dying. I was in his room organizing his things and he was looking behind me and said "you've got a helper with you!". there was no one else in the room. I said, "it's just you and me in here" and he replied "well the helper sure has a deep voice!" i quickly finished the task and walked out of his room to find the nurse asking why i was so pale. the nurse said it was probably a grim reaper-like entity that comes near death. i told another worker that and she flipped shit too. did i just come between the resident and the grim reaper?
>>
>>17724534
Aly?
>>
>>17724553
don't know if you're asking if that's me, but it's not. i posted on here about a month ago, and that was before i started working night shift. my perspective has really changed since then.
>>
>>17724534
>falling for the old old and dying ruse

I bet you think the residents are temporary.
>>
>>17724534
why didn't you ask them about it?
>>
Hospital spooks thread? These are usually interesting.
>>
A few of my family members work in the medical field (Nurses, Paramedics etc.) have experienced the same thing when a patient of theirs is coming to the end. Is it the Grim Reaper? Could be
>>
The "palliative cocktail" (morphine, lorazepam, halperidol) has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>17728752
Are any of those hallucinogens, though?
>>
My dad is in a physical rehab place right now and he texted me at 4am saying 'I swear I just saw a ghost' and then he wouldn't talk to me about it today when I called to see if he needed anything brought down.
>>
>>17727162
Because the answer might have been too spooky.

Gobs I love gullible folks.
>>
>>17724534
when you're drunk or Hugh and see things are they real?

it's just the brain slowly shutting down and firing off random synapses. don't forget we know virtually nothing about the human mind or how the brain really affects the body. it's such a complex organ.

also, palliative care..... these people are on lots of medication.

and it's interesting that western people only ever see western ghosts.
>>
>>17729320
>and it's interesting that western people only ever see western ghosts.

That's a pretty broad assumption, but I think that's the same for every culture. You might as well ask why the Japanese see kami or Hispanic people have run-ins with La Llorona.
>>
>>17724534
>actively dying
What the fuck is passively dying?
>>
>>17730734
everyday after the age of 32 or so. your body starts having more cells die than are replaced. passively dying is being alive.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.