[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /x/. Is it possible for a monk or those who practice deep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1455939241843.png (618KB, 684x577px) Image search: [Google]
1455939241843.png
618KB, 684x577px
Hey, /x/. Is it possible for a monk or those who practice deep meditation to meditate themselves to death? I'm not talking about starvation or anything, but focusing on the death of yourself so much you actually die? I'm not wanting to attempt it, just curious on how far the power of meditation and focus can go. I know that you can turn off the feeling of pain at least.
>>
not sure if this answers your question, but

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31125338
>>
>>17717896
I can focus myself to drop my heart rate to 18 bpm, and hold my breath for 4 mins, so I don't see why not.
>>
>>17717911
>http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-31125338
Oh shit, yeah I read about that. Pretty interesting regardless though.
>>
>>17717914
Prove it
>>
>>17717914
Prove it
>>
I tried, but my programmed inhibitors kept me from succeeding.
>>
>>17717911
>The lama was then placed in a Buddhist temple to be worshipped for eternity.
kek
>>
>>17717914
There is not a fucking chance in this world that this is true. And I hope that you find a better use of your time instead of making such moronic claims that even a high schooler Can identify it is a lie.
>>
>>17718301
Free diving, brah. There are breathing techniques that help you stay underwater for prolonged periods of time, most of which include a method to slow down the bloodflow to save up on oxygen.
>>
>>17717914
Prove it
>>
>>17718326
Fine, I'll bite. How? I don't have any measuring instruments with me so I could stream myself getting to 18 bpms, and you can't come over to keep a finger on my wrist to see for yourself
>>
>>17718335
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/instant-heart-rate-heart-rate/id409625068?mt=8
>>
>>17718335
Don't worry, there's multiple documented cases of this.

http://www.wikihow.com/Slow-Your-Heart-Rate-Down

They are just ignorant.

Buddhist monks mummify themselves, look for it, is fascinating.
>>
>>17718335
Well, prove it. It might not be the most accurate thing but it's something.
>>
>>17718349
Do you understand what this guy is claiming? 18bpm. EIGHTEEN.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (49KB, 660x266px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
49KB, 660x266px
>>17718335
Prove it by beating this world record, then I'll believe you
>>
he ain't gonna prove it cause he can't do it
>>
>>17718301
>claims that even a high schooler Can identify it is a lie.

I actually learned in my high school psychology class that you can slow your heart rate and lower your blood pressure by focusing on them. In fact, I've been using this method this whole week to get rid of muscle twitches. I was tensing my muscles unconsciously, which was making them twitch as I fell asleep at night. So all week I've been focusing on relaxing those muscles. It's difficult (more difficult than it sounds), but I've seen a definite improvement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biofeedback
>>
>>17718385
Right now, I'm on 37 and I'm smoking a cig after a powerwalk.
No, I don't want media attention, so that's out of the question. If you can get to Zagreb, Croatia, I'll demonstrate it in private. Otherwise, stop bugging me.
>>
>>17718300
Lol
>>
>>17718444
>Im speshul guizzz!!! Take my word for it xDDDDD
>>
File: Untitled.png (16KB, 1010x439px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16KB, 1010x439px
>>17718444
I actually kind of like you, not that I mean shit, but lmao. Your name suits you.
>>
>>17718486
No, don't take my word for it, I extended an invitation to anyone willing to seek me out, but I will not participate in a media circus.
>>
>>17718505
Lol @ your miserable life
>>
>>17717914
>>17718301

Highschooler here, can confirm it sounds retarded
>>
>>17718506
Thanks, anon! I appreciate it, really!
>>
>>17718444
30, drinking my evening tea
>>
>>17718301
More like ONLY a high schooler would be ignorant enough to assume it has to be a lie.
>>
>>17717896
Doesn't work. Just leads to astral projection. This is the first thing the old monks tried when they realized life was a shit and started toying with it.
>>
>>17718583
Why haven't you used the app yet?
>>
>>17718324
Okay i now know you are bullshitting.
The reason why people need to breath in/breath out is due to carbon dioxide, if it stays enough into our bodies it starts to turn into acid, which is why you need to breathe out. Diving deep has little to do with oxygen and much to do with carbion dioxide.
>>
Have tried to slow my heart rate by concentrating on it. Made progress, got scared and stopped.
>>
>>17717914
I tried one of the most basic exercises to hold my breath and I was able to break the 3 minute mark on my first few attempts, I'm sure 4min is also not that difficult
>>
>>17717914
OP here, don't worry. I'll take your word for it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.