[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here tried Lucid Dreaming? Is it hard to achieve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: lucid-dreamer.jpg (67KB, 600x489px) Image search: [Google]
lucid-dreamer.jpg
67KB, 600x489px
Has anyone here tried Lucid Dreaming?

Is it hard to achieve and what is it like once you achieve a lucid dream?
>>
I have. It's only happened to me twice but I'll explain in as best detail as possible.

The first time I had a lucid dream, I was a kid, like 7 years old. All that happened was that I realized that I was dreaming while in the dream. It amazed me but I didn't know what to think of it.

Second time was my freshman year of college. I had actually been purposefully trying to lucid dream, and was writing down my dreams in detail every morning after I woke up since that's what everyone says you should do.

Well it only took 2 days and I had one. In my dream I was walking up a staircase to the floor of my dorm that I lived on, and there was an extra door in the stairwell that wasn't usually there. I started to go through it like it was no big deal but then I realized "wait, this shit isn't usually here, holy shit I'm dreaming".

Once you realize you're dreaming you start to wake up and that's the most difficult part about lucid dreaming is staying asleep. I had heard that a good way to stay asleep is to spin around in circles in your dream, so that's what I did and it worked for a little bit.

I was like "well shit what should I do" so I went outside my dorm and just started fucking flying around campus. It was pretty cool. It's still hard to stay asleep though.

Eventually I landed and more regular unexplainable dream shit happened. I was losing control of the dream and then I just woke up.

Haven't had one since then but it's pretty fucking cool to fly and shit. I still have weird dreams but I haven't been able to control them
>>
No, its not that hard.
> Set alarm for +4 hours
> Go to sleep
> Wake up in the middle of the night
> Meditate back to sleep while keep conscienceless awake

You can do it without waking up in the middle, but its a lot easier to go back to sleep if you do... Lookup the WILD technique
>>
>>17713719
What about the MILD technique? It seems like all I have to say is " Tonight I'm gonna have a lucid dream"
>>
>>17713679
When I was a kid I only dreamed lucid. Almost every night.
But I thought its normal and everyone does it.
That's why I didn't do crazy shit, I didn't know I can. I was always just flying around in our garden, or sometimes with a helicopter, which is stupid because I could fly without.
I don't know what age I was when it stopped, I just didn't dream for a long time and after that only "normal"
I would love to dream like that again
>>
I think that I just dream that I'm lucid dreaming and I'm not actually lucid dreaming.
>>
>>17713728

You can try that I guess, but usually the problem beginners have is not so much getting into a lucid state, but remembering it. So it depends how you do it. If you do your little mantra and then fall asleep normally, I doubt it will work. Even if your first dream is a lucid dream, if you continue on sleeping, its likely that you forget you even had one.

You can do a WILD in the form of a MILD by just keeping your conscienceless awake while saying your mantra. I haven't tried a MILD myself, but FILD seems to work for most people.

If you want to make sure you remember, you can set another alarm like after about an hour...
>>
>>17713679
i randomly lucid dream like last night. I flew around the grocery store.
>>
Why can't I ever read an interesting story about lucid dreaming?

Could you talk to some higher beings? Did you ask what is the meaning of life? Could you bring back some wise thought? Could you hear some music or see some picture or film which you could then produce irl? Could you legit have sex with anyone you wanted?
>>
File: 1457191410172.jpg (233KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
1457191410172.jpg
233KB, 1100x619px
Building dream recall is an essential first step.
As you're trying to sleep repeat "I will remember my dreams."
Record your dreams every morning. I prefer a small notebook and pen by the bed but try whatever works for you - audio recordings, drawings/sketches, a blog, or even self-sent text messages are a few ideas.
Some people report more vivid dreams and better recall with these:
Melatonin and other supplements, bananas, cheese, spicy foods (tend to give nightmares!), and avoiding cannabis.
>>
File: 1457078996438.jpg (329KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457078996438.jpg
329KB, 1920x1200px
>>17714619
For actual LDing, I prefer to use a combination of the repetition method and habitual reality checks.
Repeat "I will have a lucid dream" as you're sleeping.
Three reality check methods:
1. Look at a timepiece (newspaper, book title,) look away, and look back. In a dream, the text will have changed/the time won't make sense (e.g jumping from 12 to 6, 56:30 PM, even spinning wildly through numbers)
2. Count fingers, preferably *without* looking. I've always experienced having too many but I guess having less fingers than you should is possible.
3. Pinch your nose shut and try to breathe. If you can, you're dreaming, although it can be tricky. I've been fooled by dreams allowing me barely enough air to notice.
Make a habit of doing reality checks, but remember to do them consciously. If you make a habit of mindlessly checking the time, you'll mindlessly do it in a dream and lose lucidity or fail to gain it in the first place.
You can also train yourself to do reality checks at common sights or events, like seeing a certain color.
>>
>>17713679
I think it's kinda overrated.
>>
File: 1457789244657.jpg (360KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1457789244657.jpg
360KB, 1920x1200px
>>17714565
Your mileage may vary, of course.

1. I haven't tried in a long time but it doesn't seem to work. The "beings" I met feel flimsy and false inside the dream, and more so after I wake up.

2. No.

3. It's hard to describe but even the most lucid dreams don't have much in coherent thought, let alone wise or spiritual ones. It's like having a head full of marshmallows, not to mention you have to always be mindful of what's going on or you'll get lost in the dream and lose awareness.

4. I don't see why not.

5. Yes, but like anything else learning to summon people/beings takes practice. I don't think most people could dream up a fuckyoubus on their first outing.
>>
>>17713679
I think some people achieve it more easily than others. I have reached the stage where I can ask people and things what they represent, but so far I have either received short, bizarre responses or forgot them before I woke up or shortly after that.
>>
Sometimes I realize I'm dreaming when I'm talking to other people in the dream and the conversation is just getting too weird, then I only have a very short amount of time before waking up because I get too excited too quickly
only thing I always manage to do is tell everyone something along the lines of "kek this is a dream" and everyone in my dreams just stare at me like wtf is he on about, it's kinda funny
>>
I have before a few times.

But often lately I become self-aware, semi-lucid, in my dreams. I mostly go to dream a sexy hot chick, sometimes it works and sometimes I can't muster the power over the dream.

What does this mean?
>>
>>17713719
this.

I used to be NEET a couple of years ago and I did this just naturally when I went up to piss eight in the morning and then I'd masturbate and go back to sleep. It would feel really nice and amazing falling asleep during morning, and then I'd get these nasty lucid dreams where I'd just fuck hot girls and stuff. Couldn't control them completely though, but I knew I was dreaming. So even though I couldn't control the environment I could control myself.
>>
It takes time and concentration to full control in your dreams. A good start is just when you wake up recall everything you dreamt and how you could react to it, with time you will get more grip and then grow!
>>
>>17713728
takes me almost an hour of affirmations to control the content of my dreams
>>
yo dawg keep a dream journal and then you will lucid dream like mad

hahahahahahha

jk
>>
>>17713679
I find it tends to be fleeting,I found just being aware that I was dream exciting.
>>
>>17713679
I lucid dream most if not all the time.
I can control myself in a dream but I can't control the setting of the dream.
If it's a nightmare I can combat what ever is coming at me with words.or change it.
>>
>>17713679
Used to happen a lot back in my teenage years, never actually tried, it would just happen.

Sometimes I still experience it but it's not common, let's say 5-6 times a year, on the other hand now I'm capable of keeping the dream "alive" for a while even though for some reason the only thing I ever manage (and try) to do in lucid dreams is lewd shit, once I realize that I have control I immediately turn the situation into something sexual.

I think I did this a lot when I was a kid as well, mainly it was a way to escape bad dreams. I used to gain control as soon as I realized that something scary was going to happen and with enough concentration I was able to escape the dream and wake up.
>>
I tried multiple times and had lucid dreams occasionallly but it demands a lot of effort if you really want to achieve it , just follow what the guides say
>>
>>17713728
you gotta believe in it really hard
>>
I think lucidity isn't the main problem, if you focus on your journal it will happen sometimes, desu, I think the journal is more important than the reality checkes. My dreams are usually really foggy and I don't know how to fix that (even when I'm lucid)
>>
>>17717692
Have you ever tried embracing it? Your nightmares, I mean
>>
Dont listen to these nerds. Make reality checks a habit and you'll lucid dream every night
>>
When I was 6. I was a pretty smart kid and had lucid dreamed before, I did it a lot unintentionally. I will tell this story as it is a lucid nightmare. My memory is foggy but I'll try to be precise.

>Be dreaming
>Walk into living room
>Realise I'm dreaming because trampoline is in the room.
>Something is wrong
>I see my dad in the doorway
>Something is wrong with his face, his small features are big and his pupils are blinking from small to wide.
>Run to bedroom, bury face in bed
>Realise I will wake up when I see something that's horrifying up close.
>Sense that my dad is behind me.
>Scared as hell
>Time to face the music
>Spin around
>Dad's mouth expands
>Wake up
>The ironic thing is I went and slept in my dad's bed because I was spooked
>>
>>17713679
I had one a few nights ago. It started out as a dream. I was with my dad somewhere in what I can only describe as a ghetto. Some blonde naked woman started screaming and climbed out from the top of some building. She starts climbing down and my dad says something unintelligible to me and runs towards the woman. I run towards my car to grab a blanket and after I run back I see my dad has already helped the woman and she's covered with another blanket. Some school kids had run out from their school to check what had happened and I was looking at the situation through a chain link fence. For some reason I realized I was dreaming at this point and I started touching objects to make them disappear. I started making entire buildings disappear and then when I touched the ground the whole world disappeared and went black. I woke up right after that.
>>
File: 1456522460455.jpg (585KB, 1259x947px) Image search: [Google]
1456522460455.jpg
585KB, 1259x947px
>>17713679
What? Really? I thought everyone had experienced this

Yes I've done it many, many times since i first got into it. Actually my mother had a book on it so i remember reading it when i was a young boy maybe only 13/14 years old? Quite young.

The most important thing is to write/type your dreams immediately after you wake up. Anything that comes to mind, get it down into MS word or a piece of paper. After a while your dreams become more and more vivid.

Then, you need to do a thing where you can 'realize' you are dreaming. The info i got was to check your watch/clock, as time in dreams will be inconstant and crazy spinning numbers. There's more triggers out there, google it.

Anyway, it's pretty great. I'm 24 years old now and lucid dream on a regular basis out of habit. Well, not fully lucid dreams. But very often i realize i am dreaming and begin to control it. Hope this helps.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.