[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /x/ watch "the x files"? I just started getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (41KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 1024x768px
Does /x/ watch "the x files"? I just started getting into it and about half way through season one and it descent. Has a lot of 90s bullshit but some interesting stuff, and Scully gives me mega boners. Question is does the seasons get better or scarier. Only one episode in season one so far has given me the creeps but the rest are just okay
>>
>>17712158
It gets better for a while. Don't get too caught up in the mytharc though. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>17712158
>90s bullshit
o_O wtf are you talking about, thats part of the reason why the show is awesome...
>>
>>17712193
Sorry let me re-say my statement. I ment just some of the corny-ness and bad editing. It doesn't ruin the show for me it's just a lot of present horror or sci-fi flics are superior tech wise, but doesn't make it better. I am enjoying the show, just hoping to be freaked out soon
>>
someone give me the best eps from season 3 & 4 i currently have these from my bro. was too scared to watch it when i was younger but i love it now.
>>
It gets better OP. Season 1 is 7/10 overall. Seasons 2-5 had better budget and are incredible. Season 6, the main mythos is getting batshit, but the one-offs are still quality. Everything else is mediocre to shite.
>>17712468

The Peacocks from season 3 is terrifying and was one of the few episodes that didn't get to rerun until a marathon years later because it was really graphic
>>
>>17712474
Different anon

There's an episode I remember seeing when I was a kid, some guy living in an apartment was smoking a cigar that was somehow infecting another tenant with fly larvae(?). I believe it was x-files, ring any bells?
>>
>>17712494
Yup. 'Brand X', season 7
>>
>>17712503
Awesome, thank you. That one really stuck out for me, guess because the bugs freaked me out. Apparently they used live actors and beetles so no wonder it fucked me up.
>>
>>17712474
Whoops, the episode is called 'Home', not Peacocks
>>
>>17712158
I've got an episode guide I made a while ago. I can dig it out if you want?
>>
File: X-Files Season 1-6 Viewing Guide.png (687KB, 1980x5874px) Image search: [Google]
X-Files Season 1-6 Viewing Guide.png
687KB, 1980x5874px
>>17713006
Here, I found it on an old HD.

I re-watched the first six seasons last year, and I made this guide while I did. I kinda got bored and stopped watching after season 6. From memory, there are some good episodes in seasons 7-9, but the mytharc really starts to fall apart during 7.

Keep in mind that this guide is pure opinion: I liked these episodes, or didn't like these episodes, or whatever. Your mileage may well vary.
>>
>>17712158
There's this new thing all the kids are doing, it's called "checking the catalog before you post". >>17697660

>>17713027
I fixed that a while back, but I might need to revise it again after some rewatches. Here.
>>
>>17713043
>I fixed that a while back, but I might need to revise it again after some rewatches. Here.

Hey cool, someone liked something I did. Having a look at my own version, I'd probably change a few ratings.
>>
>>17713067
Oh, you made that? Yeah, I appreciate the effort, but it was in definite need of an overhaul. I think there are a couple I don't remember very well that I should rewatch too, just to get a fresh perspective.
>>
>>17713082
Yeah, I got a couple of complaints. Mainly because they couldn't get the difference between "worth a watch" and "definitely watch".

And a couple of people thought that I'd rated some stuff too low, but then >opinions
>>
File: scull.gif (926KB, 500x579px) Image search: [Google]
scull.gif
926KB, 500x579px
>>17712158
yes, I'm recently watched episode 11 of the first season, which was good.

I really like the stand-alone-episodes, the "big framing story" becomes rather dull, also the 10th season did a interesting job.

Are you interested in discussing the episodes (on schedule)?
>>
Also just started to get into x files I'm in season 4 it's fucking fantastic
>>
I watched my watch watch.
>>
File: art-bell.jpg (9KB, 387x469px) Image search: [Google]
art-bell.jpg
9KB, 387x469px
Does anyone else think feel like the "monster of the week" episodes are fantastic, but the "myth arc/alien conspiracy" episodes are usually garbage? They kinda start out good but it just drags on too much.
>>
>>17713285
Just finished watching "beyond the sea" and that one was pretty creepy
>>
crazy how this show has been "rediscovered"
>>
>>17713417
Are you me?
>>
I'm on season 4 right now. Seems like each season try's to put out more episodes furthering the government conspiracy and aliens plot. Oppose to the kind of filler "bigfoot" type episodes. And yes they do become more scary.
>>
>>17712170
Don't get too caught up in the mytharc but that doesn't go to say a lot of it can't be true. Or at least have grains of truth.
>>
>>17713417
No, because both types of storytelling were needed to make the show good. Only fools look down on one or the other. And keep using this thread instead of the other one. >>17697660
>>
>>17712158
>Question is does the seasons get better or scarier.

It goes downhill from season 7. And I don't remember any being truly scary
>>
I started watching it. Stopped about 5 seasons in.

It was good, but not "I'm going to watch 200 episodes of this" good.
>>
File: 23645369.jpg (27KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
23645369.jpg
27KB, 500x374px
>>17712158
>Has a lot of 90s bullshit
>>
>>17713510

IMO the only episode that really had a decent scare factor was the The Host.
>>
>>17713448
I'm sure it has nothing to do with it recently being released on blu-ray.
>>
>>17712158
ruby ridge/ waco
90's government paranoia was the best paranoia. I think it would still exist if it weren't for the spontaneous emergence of patriotism after 9/11.
>>
>>17713444
>beyond the sea
ah cool, I try to catch up
>>
File: thisalreadyexists.png (106KB, 860x300px) Image search: [Google]
thisalreadyexists.png
106KB, 860x300px
>>17712158
...Seriously, guys, stop bumping this one when one just like it already exists.

>>17697660
>>17697660
>>17697660
>>
>>17712158
Sounds like someone's not a '90s kid.
>>
It get's way better as it goes on.
Less scarier I find, but I never found it scary to begin with so maybe that's just me.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.