[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a thread about enlightenment to share our understanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 2.png (107KB, 1537x921px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
107KB, 1537x921px
Let's have a thread about enlightenment to share our understanding on the matter and help eachother get closer to it.
>>
>>17706542
Enlightenment is learning to live with uncertainty with grace.
>>
I've found my way to enlightenment through developing myself spiritually (god), mentally (education) and physically (sports).
I guess it's hard to measure how far you are towards it, but I'd say I'm a good third of the way there. There's been a lot of sacrifices.
I just need to work on my confidence which is hard when you've redpilled yourself to the point of almost no return.
>>
>>17706558

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.
>>
File: image.jpg (226KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
226KB, 1280x721px
gratitude all day every day

also humor - and grace like anon above said, help temper the absurdity of existing
>>
>>17706569
They say that. But what is it that they realized that is supposedly so grand, but at the same time so meaningless as to let life carry on exactly as it was.?
>>
>>17706542
if that picture represents your views, begin by getting rid of them.

>>17706558
how much spirituality education and physicalness is it going to take? 10? 20?
how do you measure your progress?
how confident do you need to be enlightened?
>>
>>17706569
what if i prefer chopping water and carrying wood after enlightenemtn?
>>
>>17706572
Are you hoping that if you have enough gratitude you are going to get enlightenment? that sounds like a transaction to me!
>>
>>17706582
This is really hard to describe so I'm trying my hardest. I will never stop working at those 3. These things have become a fundamental part of me and I'll never stop.
I've been at it a long time, although when I was a child I wasn't really aware I was doing it. Recently (past 3 years) I've been aware I've been working at it so I've made a lot more process.
I measure my process in terms of how I feel.
I wouldn't say confidence is a part of it but it would help me achieve my goals faster.
>>
>>17706582
>if that picture represents your views, begin by getting rid of them.
If you know better than me i'd love to listen, and I'll truly try to understand your view without judgment. But unless it seems probable to me I'll continue believing my own truth.
>>
>>17706607
what has those 3 gotten you so far, and what do you expect to get?

I've heard a guy say that if you were to order enlightenment off of a menu you would receive a plate with nothing on it
>>
>>17706611
Always go with your gut, just keep in mind that enlightenment is a process of deconstruction, building upon ideas tends to lead in the exact opposite direction.
>>
>>17706616
I'd actually agree with that quote. As being enlightened you would be happy with nothing.
I expect a life where there's no need to worry and every reason to be happy
>>
>>17706622
You are absolutely right about it being a process of deconstruction, and what is being deconstructed is your brain from all it's illusions about what it is, untill the brain itself dissapears and the universe in it's wholeness is all that remains.
>>
>>17706555
nope
it ist the destruccion of untrue
>>17706569
this enlimentgh is unnesary
it will not make you better
it will not make you happy
>>
Perhaps,enlightenment is instinctively making choices that are love based,"cooperative" rather than ego based"ego being a derivative of fear"
>>
>>17706542
Enlightenment is simply realising that there's nothing to obtain.

Anything you try and do to become enlightened, will result in you not being enlightened.

There's nothing to do but to sit and watch.

>Watch what?

Your life, your experience obviously.
>>
>>17706542
For me also it was realising that there's nothing outside of you. And that duality is a sham.

People don't realise that there is only one consciousness.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WUXodFgbDfQ

/Thread. If you watch this and don't understand you're a retard
>>
>>17706578

We say that, yes.
>>
>>17706640

Wat?
>>
>>17706593
hmm? you never get what you want. for me, enlightenment is gratitude.
>>
>>17706692
If there were only one consciousness, and you are aware of it, that would mean everyone has to be because they are the same consciousness.

Since there are people "aware" of this and people who are not, then it can be easily concluded that there is more than one consciousness.
>>
>>17708247
I love you dude, you resolve a philosophical cuestion who was driving me crazy, it's nice to know that there are others in this share dream.
>>
>>17708247
The universe is concious of itself through the brain and can only realize it's oneness through one brain at a time.
>>
The only thing that's fundamental is conciousness,read Tom cambells,MY BIG TOE,or go and look on YouTube.
>>
File: sd.gif (271KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
sd.gif
271KB, 500x281px
>>17709702
Imagine the lighter as the universe and the flame that is lit as the brain coming to existence. It burns for a while and believes itself to be something separate from the lighter, but in the end it extinguishes and goes back to what it really was all along, the lighter. They where one and the same all along, it was a mere illusion that they where not. In that same way we are the spark of light that comes out from the infinite lighter that is the universe, to live and experience ourselves for a while, and then in the end we go back to who we where all along, the game was to forget for a while.
>>
>>17708247
This is false. Mind IS enlightenment itself, as there's ultimately no distiction between mind-object (so like an idea) and awareness. You thinking of yourself as Joe Shmoe doesn't differentiate your consciousness from "other consciousnesses", it's just the mind-equivalent of a dog chasing its own tail.
The dog is really also the tail; the tail is really also the dog.
Perception is mind and thought is also mind.
Like two clasing waves in the same ocean.
>>
>>17710222
What if each time we incarnate in physical form, we create an entirely new world to inhabit?

Like, the past of the present world was created because we wanted a world with a past to incarnate into, not because of events logically flowing from one to another in a timeline?
>>
>>17712261
Everything is possible. We have kind of created this big ego surrounding the planet earth, and believe it's the only planet where life exists. We might feel we have searched for life far far out there, but even the furthest planet known to men is really just as far away as the computer screen in front of you if you consider the universes infinite scale. There is no need to incarnate in previous times on earth. As there are billions of planets out there so far away from our own where life is evolving right now as it did here, and places of such advanced civilizations that we cannot even comprehend if we wanted to. Just like someone from the stoneage could not even in his wildest fantasies imagine this present reality on the same planet. Just imagine how surreal life on earth will be 1000 years in the distant future, you would not even believe it if someone from that time where to tell you.
>>
My biggest question is not so much enlightenment, but in the creation process itself. Why would we, the universe, allow an existence to uphold the concept of suffering at all? Isn't "the way" merely delusion, as it is a forced forgetting?
>>
>>17712835
You make some very good points. I was more talking about what if there is no persistent physical universe and that literally everything we are perceiving as past/present/future was made up for the purpose of this incarnation.
>>
>>17713616
I believe life is a special and unique journey for each one of us, not somewhere we are to fuck around. It might seem so, but there must be some lesson we are here to learn, each one of us.
>>
A old man smiling all the time is enlightenment.

Maybe it's the realization that miracles exist or maybe it's the realization that you are here, now, alive, and your future depends on what energy you put out.
>>
File: holy spirit.jpg (300KB, 800x854px) Image search: [Google]
holy spirit.jpg
300KB, 800x854px
>>17706542
>Pratyahara
>>
Existence is enlightenment, it is the manifestation of truth, we are all that.
>>
>>17706542
This is pretty much Hegel, fortunately clearer and with less useless buzzwords.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.