[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why Mensa exists? Are they doing something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: 1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png (93KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Mensa_logo.svg.png
93KB, 1024x1024px
Can someone explain to me why Mensa exists? Are they doing something malicious in secret?
>>
it was established after ww2 as a way to identify scientific minds, if another world war was to break out these people could be corraled or killed to prevent them from being used
>>
>>17700274
Maybe smart people like to have conversations about smart things with other smart people?
>>
>>17700845
in my experiences they often dislike each other
>>
>>17700860
Yes but they dislike dumb people more.
>>
>>17700871
do they? i though they would enjoy the mental superiority

tbqh ive only met two supposed geniuses and one was functionally retarded and the other was absolutely insane and probably posts here
>>
>>17700884
>do they dislike dumb people
Dumb people are aggravating as HELL because they tend to be wrong about anything remotely complex, but don't listen to any facts and/or opposing commentary and instead will argue vehemently for the objectively-wrong position. When arguing back, if you talk at your own level, they don't know wtf you're saying - but if you talk on their level, they prove the truth of the axiom: "Don't argue with a stupid person or they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

In no case will dumb people admit that they were wrong. Instead, they'll try to claim that you're the stupid one and/or that you're nuts. They'll also whine about you not "respecting" them and their weapons-grade retardedness.

>inb4 "arrogant"
They like to say THAT shit whenever they're called out on their wrongness too!

Argh!
>>
mensa is a club for people who think that they're smart enough to be in a special club for smart people, and are willing to spend money in order to be able to inform everyone of that fact. It's dumb.
>>
>>17701134
What's the matter, did you fail the test?
>>
File: 1460678031219.png (44KB, 236x183px) Image search: [Google]
1460678031219.png
44KB, 236x183px
>>17700274
its a scam to catch midcard minds
require a paid test then a paid membership after passing a laughable 7th grade tier standard test
it preys on the "specials" you know the rolling backpack, hawaiian shirt types
>>
>>17700884
i also know few "supposed" geniuses, and only one of them is somewhat "functioning", normie human.
>>
>>17701112
This should be a thread of it's own and stickied post fucking haste.
>>
>>17701362
>rolling backpack
>>
>>17701112
Dumb people believe what some other dumb shit at the pub told them or some retarded Facebook chain mail share bullshit, but won't believe anything with provided facts and citations that disprove said dumb shit pub dweller.

I am with you. Fuck them.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.