[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know if this is where this belongs here, but, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

I don't know if this is where this belongs here, but, I've just come to the conclusion that we - existence- is nothing but a complex simulation for something/someone else.

I came to this conclusion while just reading a Schrodinger's Cat article and thinking back to the Dr. Quantum video about light as a particle or wave. When unobserved, things are both, when we don't observe light it is a wave, when we do it is a particle.

I am too familiar with video games. When a door way or section is obscured from view, the game stops rendering the graphics of everything in that room to save processing power. The game simply calculates what is suppose to happen without rendering.

The same happens to light; it works the way its suppose to, but only behaves the way it's suppose to when observed. When it matters. To save on processing.

Thus, i conclude, we are nothing but a simulation to someone/something/or only our collective conciseness. This deeply creeped me out.
>>
>>17675453
there is a tv in your mind.

You are having a dream you cannot wake up from.
>>
>>17675453
By all means, go and claim your Nobel Prize for figuring it all out...
>>
Just a paradox of observation. Something we can't escape since it is our method of modeling reality, so we will always have a skewed perspective
>>
>>17675453
>Thus, i conclude, we are nothing but a simulation to someone/something
The silent observer? Who are we as individuals past the personality?
>>
>>17675453
What took you so long to figure it out?
>>
Black hole sun
>>
>>17675453

>particle or wave
>or

That is a deeply misleading way of understanding the particle-wave duality. All objects having momentum exist as both a particle and wave, whether or not they are observed. This is why we see interference patterns in light shined through two slits in a piece of paper. Look up double-slit experiment. The wavelength of a particle is inversely proportional to the mass of the particle, which is why we don't see baseballs tunneling though bats.
>>
>>17675621
wont you cum
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 766x293px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 766x293px
>>17675453
Dear OP welcome to the club of people who figured it out.
>>
What if it's just like, some normal dude, and solipsism is actually true for him and nobody else?
>>
>>17675453
every 16 year old thinks the same thing
>>
>>17675453
>To save on processing.
God here. Can confirm I was lazy with physics at first. I was too lazy to make a proper world, so I just sort of willed all perception to work about how I wanted it to work. Once people started trying to introspect on the nature of perception, I had to go a step back in time to make light. Then they start questioning everything else and eventually light and yeah. I make up a lot of shit retroactively. You understand, all >14 trillion years of prehistory.
>>
>>17676165
God here again, can confirm that's how creation works. Some authors tend to end up with tulpa for a reason.
>>
So as soon as someone makes a game were it keeps rendering things you can't see are you going to abandon your flimsy view on reality?
>>
>>17675453
thats why einstein said, im not even sure if the moon is still there if i turn away from it
>>
File: 1462938106099.jpg (15KB, 250x176px) Image search: [Google]
1462938106099.jpg
15KB, 250x176px
relax your part of the sys.
>>
So what happens to me if I cut off my nose and remove all mirrors and reflective surfaces from my home? Do I become ghost?
>>
>>17675453

that's not what observe means m8
>>
>>17675453
It's amazing how so many people from different times and places reach this same conclusion, the Buddha, Plato, Shankara, Schopenhauer, the list goes on...

Recently my father, who is pretty much a normie and not into religion or philosophy or even books for that matter reached the same conclusion and told me while he was drunk lol. They are just playing with us, he kept saying. Who are they?
>>
>>17681452

are you 14
>>
>>17675453
I figured this out about a year ago. Too many weird coincidences with people in my life that don't interact at all. Also when I think private thoughts about breaking off contact with a certain person for good, I get a message from her out of nowhere even after months of not talking. Also, recently , almost every female I know and been involved with have all stopped talking to me out of nowhere within weeks of each other.

Either something is controlling life or I'm cursed. Either way I'm going with it, I'm going to enjoy myself. I hope each of our lives is like a different channel to whoever is controlling us because I break the 4th wall randomly.

tl;dr I'm hella cray
>>
File: 57097ede0e53c.jpg (29KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
57097ede0e53c.jpg
29KB, 480x480px
>>17676224
I believed in crazier things , like true love LOL. I regret not "rawr xDing" on more scene girl's photos and spending years with one girl.
>>
>>17675453
>"Hans Moravec advanced the claim that far-future "robots" would create innumerable exact simulations of the present "real" world, complete with simulated humans; and that, because there is only one "real" world and many simulated copies of the real world, it is statistically likely that we ourselves live in such a simulated reality."

Nick Bostrom has some neat ideas too.
>>
File: bana.gif (9KB, 151x278px) Image search: [Google]
bana.gif
9KB, 151x278px
>>17682346
>robots having fun playing with their simulations
>realize one day that they are a simulation creating our simulation
>tfw
>>
>>17682369
it's turtles all the way down
>>
>>17682383
Explain this please?
>>
>>17682466
infinite regress problem

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turtles_all_the_way_down
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_regress

>A well-known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the center of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy. At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: "What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise." The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, "What is the tortoise standing on?" "You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's turtles all the way down!" -Stephen Hawking

the idea goes back to ancient indian philosophy. it can be applied different to things.
here >>17682383 i was talking about the nesting doll like nature of the simulated reality hypothesis.

also a great song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWx6csgGkg4
>>
>>17675453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXrASt3EBsk
>>
>>17675453
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chfoo9NBEow
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnl6nY8YKHs
>>
File: earth.png (834KB, 1219x539px) Image search: [Google]
earth.png
834KB, 1219x539px
>>17675745
>>actual NASA __________
>actual
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.