[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/, I already posted this on /lit/ but I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: latest.png (181KB, 703x695px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
181KB, 703x695px
Hey /x/, I already posted this on /lit/ but I don't know if I get an answer there.

I'm looking for novels/films/games/any media that can best be described as "horror drama", where there is more emphasis on the drama part than the horror part.
I'm a fan of the Silent Hill games, not because of the horror aspects but much more because of the characters backgrounds, dealing with loss of a loved one, depression, all that kind of stuff tied together with horror elements. Basically the characters have to fight their own demons who have come to life. I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain.

Any recomendations?

From Wikipedia: "Horror drama – A film that focuses on imperiled characters dealing with realistic emotional struggles, often involving dysfunctional family relations, in a horror setting. The film's horror elements often serve as a backdrop to an unraveling dramatic plot."
>>
>>17671540
Bump.
>>
I think a lot of jrpg horror games, especially indie titles fit in this category. A couple of these would be The Witches House, re:Kinder, and Mermaid Swamp.
>>
>>17671540
Crimson Peak
>>
OP here

>>17672185
The Witches House was amazing, but not the kind of what I was refering to in the OP. Yume Nikki and it's fangames were much closer to what I was looking for, see pic in OP.

>>17672219
Crimson Peak was also really good (minus the shitty ghost cgi). But it wasn't what I meant either. I whant something more set in present times. I think I'm just too specific :/
>>
>>17671540
I think you mean psychological horror.
>>
Babadook is the closest thing i can think of
>>
>>17671540
BIg ups for Silent Hill. OP, you need to watch all the David Lynch. In particular, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive, and (if you can take the painful ambiguity of its fullness, Inland Empire). Avoid "Fire Walk With Me," but do see the entire Twin Peaks series.
>>
Amnesia the descent, best - horror game - ever!!!
>>
>>17671540
Luigi's Mansion
>>
Dividead, awesome drama/horror game for pc.

But I'm pretty sure you'll end fapping yourself.
>>
>>17671540
P.T.
>>
>>17671540
Amnesia: the dark descent. or Limbo.
>>
>>17671540
penumbra: overture and penumbra: black plague
made by the people who later went on to make amnesia
make sure you play them in order
>>
Try the Darkness Within series, a lot of exploring, reading, talking to people and then moments of horror.
The first one is more point n click style while the second is full 3d first person like Anemsia
>>
>>17671540
Undertale
>>
File: 6-kday12_0800.jpg (131KB, 726x580px) Image search: [Google]
6-kday12_0800.jpg
131KB, 726x580px
>>17671540
>I'm a fan of the Silent Hill games, not because of the horror aspects but much more because of the characters backgrounds, dealing with loss of a loved one, depression, all that kind of stuff tied together with horror elements.

Pathologic, nigga.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOc3LoSnzgI
>>
>>17671540
/vr/ here
op you need to discover vns
vndb.org
check out fate//stay.night to start
>>
might i recommend the game Dear Esther. not horror per se but it's very atmospheric and surreal. motifs in storyline are a bit similar to Silent Hill 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7VJ4lP-05A
>>
File: 1456386577148-3.png (312KB, 487x310px) Image search: [Google]
1456386577148-3.png
312KB, 487x310px
>>17673737
Ib was a good, spoopy RPG Maker game, along the same vein as Yume Nikki.
>>
Try these:
The Cat Lady
Fran Bow
Claire

If you want unusual horror, give these a shot:
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Still Life 1-2 Prequel is Post Mortem
FEAR has some damn good moments of horror
>>
>>17671540
Definitely Twin Peaks
>>
>>17674500
The "symbolism" in this was just as bad as Shattered Memories
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.