[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is "horror"? I don't really feel scared by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: duwang.png (84KB, 428x241px) Image search: [Google]
duwang.png
84KB, 428x241px
What is "horror"? I don't really feel scared by much anymore. It's all gore or jumpscares. How can you think of something that really goes deep into your primal fears? Something completely terrifying.

Please post movies/books/real events that has truly frightened you and why you think it did so.
>>
File: 1448399317633.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448399317633.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>I don't really feel scared by much anymore.

You're just a total bad-ass. Your mastery of basic video games and time spent watching select TV shows has made you a warrior among warriors. Nothing will ever scare you again, this is your boon, this is your curse. YOU ARE BADASS!!!!
>>
>>17666761
I unserstand him completely. Some people shed fear and others get mad that they can't.
>>
File: 1461253962282.gif (331KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
1461253962282.gif
331KB, 350x200px
If you truly want fear go to war. If that's too intense for you. Take psychedelics in a bad state of mind. Or eat an apple before bed, it'll give you nightmares.
>>
>>17666801
Some people just do not fear. It if is inevitable, there is no reason to fear for of will not change the outcome. Of it is perceived as something that is not inevitable, there is no reason to fear because it may not come to pass if it is not inevitable.
>>
>>17666801
I unserstand him completely. Some people shed fear and others get mad that they can't.
>>
>>17666819
lol you could have at least fixed my typo
>>
>>17666784
>>17666761

He's not afraid of books and movies anymore, you pretentious little twats. I don't think he's claiming to have transcended fear itself.
>>
You want real horror, anon? Your car breaks down in the shitty part of town, you didn't bring your phone, and a bunch of black guys start following you.
>>
I really only find "real" experiences interesting. I've never been a movie fan, I find the entire medium isn't creepy in the least bit. imo "horror movie" fans are either easily scared or entry level plebs
>>
Most horror films don't scare me, i prefer unsettling atmosphere that gets your skin crawling. Also, body horror is pretty good.
>>
>>17666757
Most horror movies these days are trash but the Witch was actually really fucking scary in my opinion. True horror is out there m8 you just gotta look for it.
>>
>primal fears

Those fears are darkness, insects, snakes, heights and death. Try interacting with them personally: visit a snake habitat, tour some skyscrapers, volunteer at a hospice, buy some hissing roaches or go innawoods.
>>
File: IMG_l1qvmn.jpg (19KB, 158x119px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_l1qvmn.jpg
19KB, 158x119px
>>17666761
you know what he meant, you're just a douche.
you tried to be funny, but you're just a douche.
intentionally trolling or not, facts are you're just a stupid fucking douche.
>>
The Deep by Nick Cutter is a pretty good horror book. It's about a guy that goes down to a lab at the bottom of the Challenger Deep where scientists are working on a cure for a disease. The surface loses contact with the lab, so they send this guy down and everything goes fucking sideways.

There's a lot of different elements of horror in this book. Claustrophobia, body horror, creepy visions, moments of straight terror. It's got a very tense and suffocating atmosphere, since it takes place in a tiny lab at the bottom of the ocean. Plus the ending has almost a Lovecraftian feel to it.

It came out last year, I've been recommending it to anyone who likes horror.
>>
>>17666757
Now I know I'm going to get shit for this, but The Babadook is one of the scariest movies I've watched in a long time in my opinion.
I agree that the kid is really, really annoying, and the woman is also not an appealing character.
But as a woman living alone, one who has frequent and vivid nightmares, this really freaked me out.
The clothing that was arranged to look like a person, the dark figure that appears and creeps up the walls. When something is there, then it's not and you second guess whether you even saw anything.
Auditory things also really get me, and a lot of the sounds in that movie really got me.
The ending was stupid, but I still rewatch this movie and it consistently keeps scaring me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.