[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /x/ I'm actively taking steps to becoming a Freemason.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: masonssymble.gif (23KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
masonssymble.gif
23KB, 300x311px
Hello, /x/

I'm actively taking steps to becoming a Freemason.

I received an email from the Worshipful Master of my county's lodge, and I'm going to give him a call in a few days.

What can I expect?
>>
Boring old mans local community club with rituals which for some reason no one has stood up and asked why bother.
>>
>>17664735
I left shortly after my initiation(very in-depth personal reason, but I still think very highly of Masonry). Feel free to ask me whatever!

I will tell you that it's NEVER as bad as you think it's going to be. It will take around an hour, and you probably won't be able to remember everything that happens.

Have you had your interviews yet?
>>
>>17664742
No, that would be the Elks

Trust me my granddad was a member
>>
>>17664750
I haven't had my interviews yet, I'm waiting for the minutes on my phone to refill.

I read this ; http://www.bilderberg.org/First_Degree.htm

Seems pretty serious, and yeah that seems like it'll take about an hour.

My question is - what are the requirements? I'm in good moral standing, the only thing is I'm a NEET on disability, and I have a couple of misdemeanors.

I don't want to get so psyched about it only to find out I'm ineligible.
>>
>>17664779
> what are the requirements?

Not a Freemason, but I do think only people who believe in God can become Freemasons.
>>
>>17664791
Belief in higher power of some kind. Follow the law of the land.
>>
fake.

2b1ask1
>>
>>17664804
What made you Boss Mason?

I've heard that saying before, so it's not bullshit, but there's an entire process to go through.
>>
not mason, it required too much pandering and interview, they dont recruit, they vote.
>>
>>17664865
Actually they do recruit they had a booth at the local county fair near me. But they usually want wealthy members so it furthers their cause
>>
>>17664735
Don't ruin the experience by reading too much crap on the internet.

It's a good group, but I'd recommend looking at all the lodges in your area and going to dinners at a few of them. Try and find one with a demographic that you feel comfortable in.

Our lodge is the youngest in the area with the entire current line of officers being under 40. That's pretty unheard of from what I gather from visitors out of state but it's a lot of fun.

Also learn how to say no. Don't take on more commitment than you can seriously dedicate time to. Don't burn yourself out.

Also make sure the lodge you join is UGLE affiliated or real Masons won't talk to you.

>>17664912
Technically they aren't supposed to.
>>
File: Cthulhu(1).jpg (114KB, 1600x1200px)
Cthulhu(1).jpg
114KB, 1600x1200px
>>17664797
Do aliens count?
>pic unrelated
>>
>>17664735
Why would you want to be a peon in a pyramid scheme of shabbos goyim? Do you get off on the idea of being a shitkicker for the Antichrist? I don't understand this desire, at all.
>>
>>17664813
Technically you cant solicit anyone to join. It has to be of their own free will and accord. I've seen people in our grand lodge attempt mental gymnastics to try and subvert this though.

There's always people looking for a loophole too. Like if >>17664912 means that a lodge set up a booth where people could talk to Masons about the craft and then if they find someone interested they could tell them that all they have to do is ask a Mason to be one. So by saying they can't recruit, technically they can't, but there are ways around it.
>>
>>17664960
Mainly it's a status thing. A lot of Freemasons went on to do great things.
>>
>>17664957
If you had actually read the works of Lovecraft you'd know that Cthulhu is, in fact, an alien.

Continuing being pleb, /x/.
>>
You'll have to either know a Freemason for a year or more, or come to their public lodge meetings for a year so that they can vouch you're a normal, upstanding guy.

You have to memorize from word-of-mouth several oaths. You can't write them down, so it takes quite a while; The longest one should take a little over half an hour to recite, and it's not like they'll give you a hard time if you mess a few words up so long as you get the gist of it, for the most part.

Advancing more relies on the work you do, your attitude, and more oaths (which you don't have to memorize for every meeting.)

Just know you can NOT ask to become a 33 Degree, because asking basically disqualifies you. If you want 33rd, just do great work all the time for like 20 years without expecting a return.

Well, that's about it. Get a friend there who can vouch for you after a year, go golfing or bowling, talk about the Bible, history of stonemasonry, ancient Europe, symbolism. Then do some spoopy stuff with esotericism.
>>
>>17664779
It might be tough getting in depending on your misdemeanor. You have to believe in a higher power, but Freemasonry is fairly biblical.

You'll eventually have to memorize the entire degree.

It's a pretty involved fraternity.

Can I ask, why do you want to join?
>>
>>17664735
>What can I expect?

Coffins and old man penises.
>>
>>17664779
I'm pretty sure it's not kosher to read through the initiation. That kind of kills the purpose of the whole thing.
>>
>>17665287
End goal? Join the Illuminati.
>>
Freemasonry is degerancy
>>
>>17665316
No,being on 4chan is degeneracy.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x640px)
image.jpg
94KB, 640x640px
>>17665331
https://youtu.be/sMV3R84I2IM
>>
>>17665331
soooo, freemasonry is degeneracy?
>>
My grandfather is a past grandmaster of our state. I was considering joining eventually, because it seems to be a really great group. Lots of genuine people
>>
He also has to pay money to even be considered. Fucking idiot its a glorified frat house.
>>
>>17664735
a different truth, not necessarily any truer than your current programming.
>>
>>17664735
jack shit.

i was initiated, passed, and raised 15 years ago. the ceremonies were interesting, and the reading material was fascinating, but other than that it is a fraternity. a fraternity. not a spooky, secret society; a fraternity.

unless your lodge has a shitload of dues-paying members, it'll get boring real fast.

you'll save more time and money buying books on amazon, ebay, and estate sales in older neighborhoods in your city.

freemasonry is dying--and it's flat, fucking broke.
>>
>>17665354
this.

if it were a super secret society of powerbrokers, then it wouldn't be against freemasonry bylaws to keep membership restricted to invite-only. anyone with a clean criminal record and acknowledges the existence of a higher power can join. nobody ever gets blackballed.
>>
>>17665375
>freemasonry is dying
>>
>>17665397
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-01-31-masons31_ST_N.htm

http://www.cnbc.com/2013/11/19/see-young-blood-as-key-to-survival.html
>>
>>17665354
Wrong.

I went through initiation w/o paying a dime. I honestly feel bad though. They only want money for dues to keep the lights on. No one makes a profit.
>>
>>17664742
Kind of this. The whole point is to show fidelity which you would have learned in DeMolay, which is just kiddie version of masonry.

Listen, you don't need to get involved with masonry unless you want connections and help. But realize that you're going to have to contribute as well.

It's a mind set of the organization. Up to you. Do your own research.
>>
>>17664797
If my higher power is Lucifer, am I still eligible?
>>
>>17667097
They don't allow 12 year olds.
>>
>>17664797
No, it needs to be a creator being. If you don't have a somewhat traditional theological faith, you'll not get much out of it.

>>17665155
>Just know you can NOT ask to become a 33 Degree, because asking basically disqualifies you.
You're thinking of KYCH. 33rd can be asked for, but if you do, it might come off wrong. Plus, you just need to join, join the 32nd the next day, then sign up for Valley secretary or degree production crew. Most get 33rd after a few years that way.
>>
Freemason just a waste of time, nothing special not bad not good.
>>
File: 38.png (601KB, 370x650px)
38.png
601KB, 370x650px
>>17667748
>I never heard of the DeMolay
Pic unrelated
>>
>>17668045
DeMolay ain't Masonry. It's Scouts with swords.
>>
>>17668052
Pretty much this.
>>
>>17665000
Because they were Freemasons or because they were productive members of society?

It's old men getting drunk together, guys. That's all it is. Maybe it was something more two centuries ago, but it certainly isn't now.
>>
>>17668052
>>17668076
Think of it as a stepping stone period. Masons open their lodges for DeMolay and sisters of the eastern star all the time. You think that it's all separate, but if you look carefully, they all teach the same things. Respect for your fellow man, and having a belief of a higher being or existence.

Maybe /x/ should just start it's own masonic lodge, i'd actually join that. I've never really liked going to those boring ass meetings, but if it was with you turbo nerds, i'd do it in a heartbeat.
>>
>>17668380
The open the lodge but they always suspend work.

DeMolay aren't Masons.

>Maybe /x/ should just start it's own masonic lodge, i'd actually join that. I've never really liked going to those boring ass meetings, but if it was with you turbo nerds, i'd do it in a heartbeat.

We've got a few /x/ tier guys in our lodge and we've had some great conversations before/after lodge at the bar down the street. That's why I recommend anyone thinking about joining attending a few dinners prior to submitting an application. If you are in a populace area there should be a few lodges to choose from.
>>
>>17668350
>It's old men getting drunk together, guys. That's all it is.
Maybe at your boring-arse lodge. But aside from not being able to drink in meetings, no one here would attend meetings like that.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.