[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please enlighten me about the connection between Alice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
Someone please enlighten me about the connection between Alice in Wonderland and occultism and secret societies. I'm not from anglosphere so I don't really get it. However I must admit that the movie has some rather strange vibe.
>>
>>17649886
4 years on 4chan.

Never english.

ctrl+c, ctrl+v other posts.

Nobody notices.
>>
>>17649886
there's absolutely none that I've ever heard of

Only allegories about the advances in mathematics of the 18th and 19th century, and possibly some tenuous drug references

Ball's in your court. Why do you think there's an occult relation?
>>
So, Alice in Wonderland is a great metaphor or allegory for any situation where - a person is introduced to a strange or foreign concept. One such concept that alters their perception of reality or introduces them to a new, wild landscape of ideas to explore.

If you're not familiar with Plato's allegory of the cave, this topic might also interest you.

The rabbit's hole is the threshold, from one world to the other. To step through it (or tumble down it) - is to take the initial steps towards understanding/knowledge/or enlightenment etc.

The movie, The Matrix, makes this parallel as well - where Neo follows the white rabbit to discover the true nature of reality.
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 600x396px
>>17649988
Well, I thought it's common knowledge among the /x/ bros. What I've read so far that Alice's journey is like a spirtiual journey on the path of enlightenment. It's hard to describe though. Have you ever watched Mozart's Zauberflöte? It's full of Masonic symbolism and I can feel the same vibe in regard of Alice. Yeah I know it's stupid to argue with feelings and impressions, but I wonder if anyone can get I mean.
>>
>>17650052
>Alice's journey is like a spirtiual journey on the path of enlightenment.
Pretty sure Dodgson didn't mean anything like that

You could interpret it that way, but there's really nothing more to it than "character goes to strange place" and maybe "character learns new thing" to back that interpretation up. And the latter probably hinges on the mathematical interpretation.
>>
>>17650064
All right. Maybe I just overthinked it.
>>
>>17650070
You may be.

On the other hand...
>>
>>17649886
i love that movie
>>
>>17649886
Have you played the ''spinoff'' game?Alice Madness Returns,Shit dark af
>>
File: image.jpg (130KB, 610x703px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130KB, 610x703px
Has nothing to do with occultism and everything to do with prostitution. TEEN prostitution.
>>
>>17655551
She was about six according to wikipedia.
>>
>>17650052
>Alice's journey is like a spiritual journey on the path to enlightenment

>girl trips balls
>sees weird shit
>comes home having learned nothing
>enlightenment

I sure hope not.
>>
>>17649886
There isn't any, not in the original story that is.
>>17649988
This.

The book was written by Louis Caroll as an allegorical reference to the emerging field of quantum mechanics. He needed a creative way to express his/the observation and mathematics behind concept like quatum entanglement et al.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 300x300px
>>17655560
Hey, look...it's Literal Man.
>>
>>17653523
Different anon here. I rather enjoyed that game.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.