[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: The spookiest thing you've woken up to in the middle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16

File: 1452199077370.jpg (19KB, 625x352px) Image search: [Google]
1452199077370.jpg
19KB, 625x352px
ITT: The spookiest thing you've woken up to in the middle of the night.

>be me
>about six or seven
>moved in into an old house in middle Tennessee
>one night I wake up after an intense nightmare
>feel incredibly uneasy
>look around for any spooks in my room
>a man is standing about halfway out of my closet
>frozen with fear
>look at each other for what seems like an eternity
>he takes one step toward
>FuckThat.jpg
>run in parents room and sleep in their bed for the next month
>>
>>17621869
>be me
>about 1 year ago
>sleeping and dreaming about wierd shit
>all of a sudden im standing in my room looking into my closet which is completly black
>hard to say if im sleeping or awake, more like a trance state
>im talking to someone
>dont know who or what we are talking about but words are just coming out my mouth
>hear my mum talking to me and i wake up from the trance
>go to sleep
>>
>>17621869
So you just let the dude go.
>>
>>17621902
Don't know what/who it was really but I didn't see him again
>>
>>17621894
So you were just dreaming.
>>
> be me
> be a terrified pussy in like second grade or so
> wake up in middle of night
> see figure in hallway
> think it's my mom
> mom is that you
> find out it's actually someone ive never seen before
> a middle aged woman in a black shirt and jeans
> she says "are you okay, anon. are you okay"
>oh fuck.jpg
> close my eyes for a couple secons
> opens them, no one's dare
> sprint to my mom's room and sleep there for the rest of the night
> holy shit i lived
>>
> be 19
> scared shitless that I'm about to have another sleep paralysis episode
> trying to sleep two nights ago
> keep hearing low audible voices in my head
> see a flash in the corner of my room
> run down stairs at 4:30 in the morning
> play video games the rest of the night until I have to go to school

I talked with my older brother about my sleep problems and he said I could sleep in his room. I would agree but I don't wanna come off as a scared little kid. My family already thinks that I'm a kid as it is.
>>
>>17621944
It was your mom, getting home in the middle of the night from her poltergeist gangbang.
>>
File: yafeelme.png (222KB, 705x395px) Image search: [Google]
yafeelme.png
222KB, 705x395px
>>17622112
>cum so hard i see slenderman

teach me how
>>
>>17622033
Fuck up your sleep cycle. I noticed less occurrences of sleep paralysis when I slept during the day.
>>
File: 1459627233231-b.jpg (13KB, 203x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459627233231-b.jpg
13KB, 203x240px
>>17622126
>>
>>17622112
What other things have you seen while/from cumming?
>>
>>17621944
Is your name Annie by any chance? That could have been MJ's ghost.
>>
>Overnight fieldtrip
>Sleeping in shitty hostel
>Wake up and see door open
>Get up to close it and see a silhouette
>First reaction is to throw something
>Throw lamp at shadow-person
>Hear a yelp and turn the lights on
>Just threw a lamp at one of the female students on the trip
>Turns out she has a habit of sleepwalking
Was pretty spooky at the time but she was chill with it the next morning
>>
>be 21
>been living alone for two years
>landlord dies
>find out he killed himself
>need to find a new place, but live in the house for another month after all my neighbours move out
>alone in the house
>middle of the night, fast asleep
>hear a loud, clear voice "Anon!"
>wakes me the fuck up
>clearly my dead landlord's voice
I believe it was only a dream, but I couldn't fall back asleep nonetheless.
>>
>>17622133

Nah, I can't really do that since my parents and older brother work and my little brother is always bringing friends over. They need me awake to keep an eye on the house.
>>
>>17622387
you're lying about your age, your mom never said that and this story actually ended with you getting some tendies
>>
>>17621869
>Be me
>about 8ish
>Wake up at about 2 am
>hear my parents door squeak open
>Hear footsteps coming from there room to the front of my door
>Start hearing a strange.... I guess you can call it scratching sound on my door
>Be a brave little 8 yo fag and get up and put my ear to the door
>Hear murmurs and whispers from the other side
>Sounds like my dad
>Grab the cold doorknob and start to turn it
>Open the door as fast as I can, door slams against my bedroom wall loud af
>My dad is fucking sleep walking and pissing on my door
>Loud bang woke up my mom she comes out and takes my dad into the bathroom
Scariest thing in my life almost like I just witnessed life and death at the same time.
>>
>>17622650
Tfw that really did happen too
I can remember the warm piss under my door after my mom took my dad to the bathroom
>>
>>17622660
He wasn't sleep walking. He was hammered, whether you want to believe it or not.
>>
File: image.gif (459KB, 272x180px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
459KB, 272x180px
This happened for real

>be me
>7 years old
>sleeping with mom because I was scared of the dark
>wake up in the middle of the night
>see a man in front of the bed with a red face
>think nothing of it
>go back to sleep
>a few years pass and remember it
>spooked tf out
>>
>>17622678
I'd like to think it was sleepwalking because its just a wee bit funnier thinking he needed to have that event explained to him the next day
>>
>>17621869
If this just happened a year or two ago, somebody might be able to find the dude hiding in your closet.
>>
>>17622112
kek
>>
One time, I heard someone say "hi there" while I was sleeping and when I woke up, I saw a horrific animal-human hybrid standing in my room, smiling sweetly. I be'd too scared 2scream, when it vanished, I started my day even though it was 4 am necause of how scared I was. Now I have a stronge urge 2kill it when I think of it.
>>
My house is basically a straight line. Walk in there's the living room followed by dining room followed by kitchen and then bathroom. Anyway I was napping while watching some tele and I felt real cold I remember. I heard the door slam open in the kitchen and it startled me so I jolted out of my comfy couch and slammed it shut. Something didn't feel right so I turned the light on and looked around and nothing was wrong. When I sat back down I said "shit I forgot to turn the light off" (to my cat lol) and when I turned my head toward the kitchen there was a tall man (who for some reason looked like Robert Stack) leaning out into the door frame looking at me. I was frozen and felt nothing but terror for about 2 minutes as our eyes met. They were black. I said "you need to leave now sir" and he left my sight so I turned from frightened to pissed. I went out there and no one was there so I thought I was losing it. I went to the bathroom quick to soak my face and (a la horror film) I could see him standing in the door frame with his back facing me. It jolted me so bad I froze up again and he turned and looked at me. He then flipped the switch off and stepped into the other room. When I have chase no one was there. Nothing.

Two weeks passed and I thought about it every day. One night I woke out of bed to let my cat out and noticed someone off passed the neighbors yard. It looked like they were smoking and I knew my neighbor was a pot head so I went to go ask for a couple drags and when I got about 20 feet from the figure they walked away from me and turned to look at me and shit... it was them again. I ran back to my house and decided to put a circle of salt around my yard. Haven't had an issue since.
>>
Another time I was asleep and having a strange dream about some fucked up puppet show that was kinda like some screwed up sesame street. I woke up (I thought at least) and some weird, off putting version of that hairy blue guy with the horns was sleeping while sitting up on the end of my bed. When I kicked it off it jumped back up with its hair straight out and hissed at me. I must've woke up for certain after because I flipped my light on and it was gone.
>>
>>17622695
He needed it explained because he was blackout drunk. Your childhood was a lie.
>>
>>17621869
/normietier/
My brother woke me up once because I was making sounds, probably a nightmare. I sleep on the top bunk, he on the bottom one. Besides, I sleep right next to the edge for some reason. So I wake up at 3am to see a black figure mere inches away from my face.
I jumped violently to the wall and almost threw a punch at him.
>>
>>17622033
>mental disorders
>>
>>17621869
>Sleeping in school dorms
>Have finals week starting the next day
>The fucking fire alarm goes off at midnight
>Continues all week
>DURING FINALS WEEK

It wasn't even a fire or anything. It was just a technical problem, but the RA's didn't apparently know how to fix it.
>>
>>17621902
It doesn't work that way, or at least in my experience.

I woke up to a humanoid shadow standing at the foot of my bed one night. I jumped out and started shouting at him, but he quickly disappeared. They might be very cowardly, if they're anything other than optical illusions.
>>
>>17621869
>middle TN

Murfreesboro checking in
>>
File: IMG_14484419682161303602490.jpg (486KB, 607x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_14484419682161303602490.jpg
486KB, 607x1080px
>Be me
>Last year or so
>Friends over watching tv and getting drunk
>One goes home and the other is too intoxicated to leave
>Hit 5am, dude is still sleeping in the couch and I wake up and decide to open a window
>Just dicking around on my phone until I hear something rustlin' in the backyard
>Take out headphones and listen for a while
>It's this weird sound, like yodeling but slow and high pitched
>It occurs every two minutes or so, lasting for about 15 seconds
>Officially scared
>I decide to time each sound, and I realize that they're becoming more frequent
>The sounds get closer with each chant too
>I go full 12 year old and hide under a blanket
>The source of the noises have reached my backyard gate, and I can hear it unlocking
>If I was sober, I might have done something at this point
>2 minutes go by, dead silent
>I thought it was gone, but it wasn't
>Suddenly the window I opened shatters, and a huge gust of wind blows inside
>Friend wakes up, and we're both hiding in the corner behind a chair
>The sun is starting to come up, and everything ceases
>I don't know why, but I believe that if the sun didn't rise at that exact moment, I'd be dead

Pic related, my window
>>
>>17621869
>be in my early 20's
>gaming all night
>go to sleep 5am
>wake up 7am
>look at watch, look around the room
>tall dark figure standing right infront of me
>i just watch, not scared
>ask dark figure to fuck off, turn around go back to sleep
>>
>be me
>like 13 or so
>wake up in the middle of the night, 3 am or something like that
>see a the shadow of a body sitting on my chair
>froze, my body couldn't move, i was shitting in my pants
>stood there for like 45 mins, until i got the balls to do something
>got close to the shadow, see my sister's face with her eyes open, looking at my wall, apparently she started a habit of sleepwalking weeks before that
>get up, get her on my arms and take her to her room, happy because it was not a spook
>same thing happens almost every 2 days for 1 year
>>
You people spook way too easily.
>>
waking up to a child sized black figure standing right in front of your face on your pillows before you realize something's there then it laughing quite loudly and running towards the door and everyone in your home saying they heard nothing is always a fun story to remember. especially when it was the middle of the fuckin day.
>>
File: chocolate-man2.jpg (18KB, 300x266px) Image search: [Google]
chocolate-man2.jpg
18KB, 300x266px
>be me
>bout 7-8
>have a dream that I am a full grown adult, getting milk in a store for my wife and child
>suddenly realise that I'm alone in the store
>lights go off
>I hear laughter
>man with axe appears in one of the isles, moonlight illuminating his axe and face.
>armed with milk, 8 year old mind is not afraid of axe man
>try to fight him
>get chopped
>see the man's smiling face
>it's me.

I predicted I would kill myself before people told me to on the internet.
>>
>be me
>wake up alone in the middle of the night
>just dreamed about mom, dad and my dog
>realize i'm in their house
>realize mom, dad and dog have been dead for years
>suddenly feel spooked out about how alone and vulnerable i am at this moment
>realize i only have one friend in the world who has a family all his own
>realize i have no gf, sleep in a queen-size bed and never have slept with anybody in it
>realize all this and suddenly have severe anxiety
>fall back to sleep hoping i can return to that dream with my mom, dad and dog again
>>
>>17624251

That was a bout of sleep paralysis, and the black figures still baffle scientists to this day, because so many people experience them.

Some say its the devil. I say its a problem with the brain processing things whilst you sleep. Who knows lol
>>
>>17624215
Dont lie
>>
File: 666.jpg (181KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
666.jpg
181KB, 1200x1200px
>be me
>age 16
>dreaming about doing satanic rituals
>me and some other people are sitting down and I am reading a book
>i finish reading one
>a girl passes me another one
>as soon as I read the first two words "The satanic..." I wake up because I feel someone scratched me hard on the elbow
>I don't see anyone
>scared as fuck
>go back to sleep
>>
File: 1461504494698.jpg (115KB, 480x555px) Image search: [Google]
1461504494698.jpg
115KB, 480x555px
>>17622033
I dont understand the sleep/ paralysis thing. cant you just ware a sleep mask? sure youd still be frozen and dreaming but your room wouldnt be the backdrop, making it less real
>>
>>17624282
Sleep paralysis means you unable to wake up from a dream.

If you have SP and you dream about your room and a black figure, your brain is rendering that. Or it believes it. Because its actual.
>>
>>17624271
is it still sleep paralysis when you can move your body?
>>
>>17624295

>are you still paralyzed if you can move your body, which is the opposite of paralysis

No.

That's a dream. Or a hallucination.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (11KB, 300x284px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
11KB, 300x284px
>>17624288
are you sure? i thought a big part of it was they were semi consensus and had there eyes open. mixing reality with the dream world. your just describing a nightmare
>>
>>17624295

I may have contradicted myself there. Not intentionally though.

If you can move and you dream of a black figure, that's a bad dream. Nightmares are not the same as sleep paralysis, because in SP you are somewhat aware that you are dreaming and possibly because your mind is caught between the two states, it cannot move the body or thinks its sending signals when it isnt.
>>
>>17624305

Sleep paralysis in general is just a phenomenon in the body's action of sleeping and resting. It's traumatic but not paranormal.

The black figures that so often appear, though I believe them to be a natural sort of fill in for people and a weird way the body kind of uses a placeholder when its getting rid of the unnecessary shit (dreaming) can be paranormal
>>
File: jolie-hacker.jpg (51KB, 408x347px) Image search: [Google]
jolie-hacker.jpg
51KB, 408x347px
>>17624316
this is all blithering nonsense. are you somehow responding to my posts?
>>
I've got exploding head syndrome so at least 2 or 3 times a week will be jolted awake while trying to drop off by the sounds of someone kicking down my door, or a scream.

A bit sick of it desu
>>
>>17624337
4chan. making me smarter everyday

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>>
>>17624341
Yes, it's an overly exciting name for a pretty mild condition.

Mostly get annoyed at myself for being unable to shake the paranoia of "okay, that was almost certainly just ECH, but what if it wasn't and there is now a murder man in my flat".
>>
>>17621869
>be me, 13 years old
>sleeping over at a friend's house
>wake up with a complete sense of dread and cold sweat in the dead of night
>try to gain my rationabilty (I knew about sleep paralysis)
>when I feel like I am conscious enough I begin to look around
>as I rise up from the couch, I see it through the window
>all black, levitating, tattered cloak
>100% solid, no transparency, it was even under a street lamp
>it moved back and forth horizontially in the exact same pattern
>when it turned its head stayed in the exact same position, and its body turned seconds afterward
>i am physically paralyzed from fear, I am staring this agent of death directly without the ability to even move
>then it sees me
>it did the body turn and when his head turned to face me it let out a screech and flew directly at the window

I have never been the same, 24 years old and still in fear of this entity. The thing is I think fear is all he wants.
>>
The worst thing (not paranormal though), was waking up to my aunt standing in my doorway and being as still as a statue. She was high on meth and I felt so fucking cornered.

I'm just lucky I had my dog in the bed and he started growling, otherwise I really don't know what she would have done to me.
>>
>>17624341
I have an episode of this bullshit probably once a year. Always sounds like metal scraping against something else that's metal at 5 billion fucking dB from inside my head. Lasts maybe a quarter of a second. Only seems to happen when I go to bed after being extremely exhausted, and usually right as it feels like I'm about to drift off to sleep.
>>
>>17624362
>tfw a you are Harry Potter and a dementor has been sent to kill you
>>
>>17624371
Jesus, that's pretty spooky if u ask me
>>
File: 1460412196139.gif (948KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
1460412196139.gif
948KB, 500x212px
>>17624371
>She was high on meth
>I really don't know what she would have done to me.
she was probably thinking about banging you dude. shit makes you insanely horny when your coming down off it
>>
>>17624377
That shit happened pretty often so I was used to it, but never had she stood in my fucking bedroom before. She was usually in the corner of the kitchen or in the bathroom for hours.

I wasn't ever afraid of her though. I was just too fucking used to it to be.
>>
>>17624381
I'm not a guy, and I'm pretty sure she was considering killing me. Fucking jealousy and drugs don't mix well.
>>
>>17624386
>I'm not a guy,
>>
>>17624386
tits
>>
>>17624391
This isn't /b/, moron.
>>
File: 1458950928512.jpg (120KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1458950928512.jpg
120KB, 640x480px
>>17624391
>>17624390
No fuck off. There's a whole board for that called cams&meet ups, don't drag that shit over here.
>>
>>17624305
I've experienced sleep paralysis a few times but my eyes have never been open.
I just get a feeling that something's wrong, that someone's in my house and I need to get up NOW.
But I can't move no matter how hard I try.
I fell bad for the people who do have it with their eyes open, it has to be very traumatic
>>
>>17624155
It's clearly dark outside, yet you said you were cowering in the corner playing grab ass until the sun came up. You didn't take the picture right as it happened, and I know you didn't wait until the following night to finally snap a pic either. Debunked, 3/10
>>
I've started waking up in the middle of the night or almost right after falling asleep and my entire room just looks fucking crazy, like something out of silent hill.

I used to just see figures or something sitting in my chair, but it evolved into this and it doesn't scare me for some reason. When I see the figure or thinking there's something in my bed I usually freak out and have to completely wake up and calm down, but when my room starts crawling and I see shit on the walls I find myself observing it for what seems like 10 minutes to half an hour.
>>
>>17624341

It's okay, I learned about it from 2 Good Boys, a podcast usually dedicated to discussing the finer details of cock vore vs GAY cock vore.
>>
>>17624537
>>17624341
I actually learned about it from here on /x/. I think it's somewhere on that compilation of Wikipedia links that no one bothers to read.
>>
>>17621869
>wake up at 12 am because neet sleep schedule
>see black thing on ceiling and after processing it for a few seconds i jump out of my bed as fast as i can and turn the lights on thinking its a bigass spider
>it was just a ceiling hook

w-wew
>>
>>17622202
Anoooon, leave my domaaain
>>
>>17623073

And none of you thought to take a hammer to the speakers?
>>
>>17621869
>be me last week
>dreaming that I'm a werewolf, hunting skeletons.
>super tightened werewolf senses, but skeletons can disassemble and reassemble themselves to hide in small spaces.
>about to catch the skeleton, but then I wake up.
>fuck, I think it's hiding in the shelf by my bed.
>2spoopy4me
>>
The younger brother (i think he was about 6 at the time) of someone I went to school with actually woke up to someone who had broken into their house. The guy told him to go back to sleep and he did lel, they had 2 tvs stolen and a laptop. Dunno if the kid thought it was a dream or something, he was sweet but pretty slow.

It was lucky that the guy only wanted to steal shit, probably a good thing that the kid went back to sleep so that he didnt get murdered for silence or some shit
>>
File: BW_Scary_Clown[1].jpg (15KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
BW_Scary_Clown[1].jpg
15KB, 300x311px
>>17624305
It is just a nightmare. I recorded myself having a SP episode and I was sleeping like a baby with my eyes closed. I did wake up for real just right after it happened. No real, scientific reason for it to happen (theory is that anxiety or stress causes it which is bullshit in my opinion). I live a very easy life and I still have SP.

Some people can dream with their eyes open, but they're still not seeing their room (as weird as that sounds) while they're dreaming, but they can dream that they are actually seeing their room (which they aren't).
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.