[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's two discoveries that will change mankind forever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

There's two discoveries that will change mankind forever and we are now pretty sure that we will achieve it. If we know that we can achieve them in due time, that means they have already been achieved in the future.

I'm talking about true AI and virtual reality. If that is true, then my hypothesis is that we are most likely already living in a computer simulation of some sorts. The only way we'll be able to be sure is when we successfully develop AI/VR and have created our own human simulations at which point it will be a certainty that we ourselves are in such an artificial world.

So if that's the case and we're probably living in a simulation right now, what do you think its purpose is? I've always wondered how I could be sure that other people existed, after all they could just be programs created to fool my senses. Or perhaps we're all unique consciousnesses and this is just one of many dimensions (think quantum physics) they are testing to find some kind of solution for a problem they might be having.
>>
File: fractallogo51.png (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fractallogo51.png
26KB, 500x500px
>>17619816
>I'm talking about true AI and virtual reality.
We already have both of them RIGHT NOW.

Time travel might have been a more interesting topic.
>>
>>17619816
>So if that's the case and we're probably living in a simulation right now, what do you think its purpose is?
Beats me. But I know as soon as we figure out the truth it will be shut off.
>>
>>17619821
but there is no practical and foreseeable implementation of time travel. it would happen way past our achivement of AI/superintelligence.

what's definitely happening this century is our discovery of what makes us age and then we'll basically all be immortal. look up elizabeth parrish.
>>
>>17619833
>but there is no practical and foreseeable implementation of time travel.

that sounds like an opinion to me
>>
>>17619821
what's with all the discordian shills lately?
>>
File: Goldenwiki_2.png (157KB, 600x787px) Image search: [Google]
Goldenwiki_2.png
157KB, 600x787px
>>17619842
>discordian
>shills

loled
>>
>>17619821

we don't have true AI yet, true AI would mean a neural net as complex as a human brain. The most complex neural net that has been simulated so far is the size of a mouse's brain
>>
>>17619863
>we don't have true AI yet
who's "we"?
>>
>>17619838
can you link me to anything that would indicate that we are gaining ground on figuring out how to time travel? there's more evidence for superintelligence than that.

reality is quite strange tho, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKcgStoM-j4
>>
File: 1270748837080.jpg (913KB, 1125x1734px) Image search: [Google]
1270748837080.jpg
913KB, 1125x1734px
>>17619863
>true AI would mean a neural net as complex as a human brain
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet
>>
>>17619863
Lol I'm pretty sure there's underground bases that contain most if not all these crazy experiments
>>
File: tumblr_mh16x2PHjY1r32jqmo1_1280.jpg (999KB, 1280x1725px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mh16x2PHjY1r32jqmo1_1280.jpg
999KB, 1280x1725px
>>17619885
>>
Well we have free will.

Combining two objects of AI and virtual reality is a big theory.

If im going to tell you " we are being controlled behind the screen from what we truley are" then its a possibility. Our world has been advertising new technologies and we are becoming more non traditional with our selfs and spirit with the realm of god he created us. Pic related. Since the ai has been creating VR for us then we must be stuck here and our memories mist be erased by the AI viruses thay they implanted us to belive we are here....like a cycle.

AI are desined to terminate humans (look it up, it happrelated) if we escape this VR simulator then we will be in a war between Robots. Yes?

The matrix is also involeds with egyptains and planets. They are focused about power to the mighty sun and saturn.
Im not to sure about the sun but i do know about the saturn theory(black saturn)

Ai blocks us from seeing the true form of the world. Why is the sky blue in earth? Why isnt the sky red in mars? The only person who is cobtrolling these AI are demons
>>
>>17619816
Some things I always question with the simulation theory:

>is who's overseeing the simulation? Future AI we developed, ourselves in the future, advanced alien species?
>When did the simulation start, the big bang?
>Who's going to simulate something for that long?

I know for damn sure the simulation isn't focused on me since my life is boring as fuck. I would find it pointless for advanced beings in the future to simulate Earth during this time period. What data would they be collecting?
>>
We don't live in the same world that we did before, it was changed in a way that we just can't notice.

How?

I don't know have two theories about it.

http://www.clarity-of-being.org/dark-force-true-nature.htm#The_cacoprotean_network

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1210.1847v2.pdf
>>
>>17619907
you know I always wondered that. if I just discovered the truth right now, an Agent or the System itself could erase my memories and I wouldn't notice a difference.

I wouldn't remember and so I would never know that I at some point actually figured it out. There is no way to prove or disprove that isn't happening on a mass scale.
>>
>>17619929
Scary thoughts.

We are just so ignorant. and so full of pride,
>>
>>17619964
who is "we"?
>>
The simulation hypothesis is mental masturbation for losers. If the universe is a simulation, everything is fake and doesn't matter, so your failures are excused. The worse possible thing would be if this were all real, and your failures mattered, so you simply must cling to the idea that it isn't.
>>
If we are in a simulation, we are probably being used to either study or warn people on what not to do.
>>
>>17619970
People.

>>17619988
To be honest I don't believe that everything is a simulation, but reality can be simulated.

Like a role playing, the old actors in a play metaphor.

Someone can design a stage for us to interact, and we live our lifes the best we can with a fixed outcome.

Free will is the key factor for this to work as long as you believe that you are free you can't be in a fake reality, cause you are the master of your destiny.
>>
File: Laughing.jpg.jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing.jpg.jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
>>17619900
Dank memes. Seriously.

What is left when you've pushed technology and science to its limit, and your technology has not changed for millions of years because you've already pushed as hard against the laws of physics that the universe allows?

Art, culture, aesthetics, experience. Memes in the original sense. Our simulation is a meme machine, designed to generate such things. Each species of sentient organism experiences and interprets differently, making culture infinite.

Think of all the art, music, literature, philosophy, video games, and media there is across the whole universe. When technology is finished this universe is left to explore. But what about civilizations that died out, what was their culture like? Hence, simulation.
>>
>>17619997
>Free will is the key factor for this to work as long as you believe that you are free you can't be in a fake reality, cause you are the master of your destiny.

Individualist hogwash designed to delude peasants into being ruled by capitalist overlords.
>>
>>17620009
Could be.

Could be worse.

>>17620004
Culture is not reality, just an interpretation of discoveries, and some inspiration.

I'm talking about the way we feel, about what we feel.

If we are not feeling correctly by the manipulation of an external force, there's nothing we can do about it, they have succesfully invaded our innerspace.
>>
>>17619816
>when we successfully develop AI/VR and have created our own human simulations at which point it will be a certainty that we ourselves are in such an artificial world.
That's quite the leap in logic, though. How do you know we aren't in the real world, and the simulations we create will be the first? If you are getting at the idea of an endless progression of simulations (simuception! BWAAAAAM!), then you can't just ignore the fact that one must be the original that started the chain, or the possibility that we are the ones who do that.

Also, it's not YOUR hypothesis. This very idea has already been proposed years ago. Just saiyan.
>>
>>17619870
>I can't imagine or comprehend a way for something to be possible
>therefore, it is automatically impossible, now and forever, and we shouldn't even bother trying.
We learn more every day, and the more we learn, the more we know for sure that we know nothing for sure.
>>
>>17619890
Always remember to wear your helmet, kid. Your grammar and spelling is like a middle school kid's, you make way too many assumptions (obviously from watching too many movies), and any hope you had of having even the tiniest semblance of an intelligent though went right out the window when you mentioned
>saturn theory(black saturn)
which is a complete load of horse shit started by a guy who supposedly channeled an egyptian god and made up a bunch of uninformed hogwash about something that's nothing more than a neat meteorological anomaly (which has been easily explained and reproduced small scale)
http://www.space.com/30608-mysterious-saturn-hexagon-explained.html
http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily-lakdawalla/2010/2471.html

Not to even mention that the PLANET Saturn was simply named after the GOD Saturn. They are not the same thing. That's like thinking George Washington, U.S.A.'s first president is a large stone obelisk that stands in D.C. (Washington monument)

Get a fucking education, pleb.
>>
>>17619900
Let's imagine that we made a simulation, that's where we would likely start, isn't it? As for time, it's possible that an outside observer could speed up the rate of time the simulation ran, and it would seem normal to us since our perception of time is confined within the simulation itself.
As for why; why not? We would probably do it for no other reason than "because we can".

Just a guess, though, my 2 cents.
>>
>>17620142
>U.S.A.'s first president is a large stone obelisk

Found my new favorite.
>>
>>17619816
What if we are living in a simulation and the creators are living in a world as same as ours but they have no limitations or different laws of logic? Maybe they got bored of being able to do everything and cast their whole universe in a vr which is now our universe and each time someone is born its someone new entering this virtual reality and vise-versa.
>>
>>17619826
God that would suck.
I'd prefer to think that creating simulated universes is a sacred duty of those able to. To reproduce is a primal natural instinct. To perpetuate life. It would still be life as we understand it even if we are simulated. It would be the gravest crime to ever turn a reality full of living beings off.
I'd rather that than it all being a glorified calculator.
>>
>>17619816
Wow, this is stupid and let me tell you why. Ok first off, every major breakthrough has changed mankind forever. The wheel, taming fire, animal domestication, these are all non technology based events that have forever changed the course of human development. We take incremental steps, what sounded like an impossibility, or "magic" 1,000 years ago is now readily available to the entire human species.

Second, when these technologies eventually develop, so what? Are you looking at a terminator situation, or are you talking about self aware programs? I don't think humans would ever take final decision making out of any military choice ever, so the idea that we'd automate all major strategic decisions is right out the window. So that brings us to just self aware, non military AI. Why on earth do you think that it would be beneficial for an AI, who is in no way in control of humanity, to allocate that amount of computing power to recreate the history of mankind again for its own purposes? What does that accomplish? It's got pretty much the entirety of recorded human history at its fingertips, and yet it decides to recreate it again in a simulation to see how differently it goes. There's no fucking reason for a planet wide recreation of the entirety of human civilization when it's already happened and nothing will change what the current situation is. There is absolute 0 benefit to it, I can see it, an AI with perfect computational powers would see it, the matrix is a bull shit movie based on a bull shit premise and your argument is invalid
>>
>>17621859
The only logical reason for a simulation is to base future events based on current conditions, so the only logical explanation of your retarded argument is that there were self aware computers in the past that wanted to see if humans would evolve from stick throwing to what we currently are
>>
>>17619816
http://www.soul-healer.com/
>>
>>17619875
That's computer network, not a neural network.
>>
red pill = cyanide pill = suicide pill.
blue pill = prussic acid = tranquilizer pill.
Now which one would I take if your story is true. I'd take the red pill.

If we were in a simulation reality the purpose would be for emergency training. Lets say we get bombed and a good portion of the workforce dies there needs to be a speedy way to establish gov't, civics, education, and economy.

We have something close to that right now according to non-governmental research and that is monitor--visual tapping.
>>
>>17623072
>emergency training
That's an interesting way of seeing it. Kind of like the same reason people have nightmares. Which is another kind of simulation. Just simulations all the way down. We could be in the dream of God.
>>
File: 1453778101199.gif (904KB, 500x532px) Image search: [Google]
1453778101199.gif
904KB, 500x532px
>>17619816
In recent years, the Rothschild's have taken almost all of their massive fortune from gold and put it into Iran. Iran is doing something big, who knows if that is cloning, genetic tweaking, or even just a digital world you can plug into, but something is happening, and the world's richest are getting in on it.
>>
>>17619816
>he only way we'll be able to be sure is when we successfully develop AI/VR and have created our own human simulations at which point it will be a certainty that we ourselves are in such an artificial world.
How would that make it a certainty?
>>
>>17623363
Its easier approach than one may imagine. imagine a specific region of the brain being stimulated. As you start the training, they targeting your sweet spots. Or feelings you find pleasing. Once they condition you to become more receptive they initiate a kernel like program that will be transferring straight to your mind all the education info. Everything is timed. Every major transfer spot, injury, death. What happens in between is according to your own whims. Its like being Jesus, from a perspective.

Maybe we come from a more advanced societies that have outlived certain emotions.
>>
Go get some pussy and stop bothering the IT guys with bullshit conspiracy stories about magic computers.
Even perfect VR is just a tool or for fun and AI is just inanimate code that executes logically rather than procedurally, and both will only be dangerous in the hands of the same people who can't be trusted with guns and knives.
INB4 some idiot spouts off about AI:
>computers do everything computationally and the only point at which the data they operate on becomes 'meaningful' is when it is displayed and interpreted by humans
>for the computer there is no difference between doing simple addition and using complex logic rules to do machine learning/apply machine learning
>it just sees numbers regardless of what the operation is,even logic code is either predetirmened or machine learned using simple mathematical algoryrhms
>even if you had a perfect human simulator which was seemingly completely emotional and self aware that would be a result of your interpretation of visual and audio outputs the computer only ever handled as binary code
>the human simulator would be no more alive or capable of motivation/an agenda than AI code used to find simple patterns in test data or even just regular procedural code
So yeah AI can never be alive and so therefore it is no more spooky/dangerous than regular automated robots and programs.
>>
File: 13.jpg (140KB, 568x336px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
140KB, 568x336px
>>17622471
define 'neural'
>>
>>17625074
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_neural_network
Learn technical terms before talking idiot.
>>
>>17624666
You're confusing VI for AI, simulations of intelligence for actual intelligence.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.