[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ok guys, I'm going to do it I'm going to join a secret

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

File: 47081898_6055c21690.jpg (121KB, 440x500px) Image search: [Google]
47081898_6055c21690.jpg
121KB, 440x500px
ok guys, I'm going to do it
I'm going to join a secret society.

But I can't decide which one

should I join the freemasons
OR should I join the discordians?

which is more powerful?
which is good which is evil?
which is more interesting and cooler?

I just can't decide.

Which should I join?

I know there are tons of discordians and freemasons who frequent 4chan

Are you guys secretly at war?
I think you must be.

I'd like your input
>>
Discordians aren't a secret society you dumb fuck.

Freemasons are great if you're rich and bored.
>>
>>17612207
please anon, I'm looking for quality answers, not typical secretary tier "le rich old boys club" "le we don't do anything secret" answers.

let's not start this off on the wrong foot, I'm not expecting full disclosure just enough info to make an informed decision.
>>
maybe you could just tell me where I could get more info on discordians?
>>
>>17612201
As a Mason, i'd advise researching both more before making a decision. We don't like the uncertain.
>>
>>17612271
that's what I'm doing right now, I'm trying to get some insiders to give me testimony to the quality of their experience with their organization.

I have learned freemasons tell you to keep their secrets under penalty of death or something very harsh and I want to know if such a thing is worth the price of admission
>>
I think the freemasons turn you into a templar and the discordians turn you into an assassin
>>
>>17612297
Fair enough. My testimony would be that it's been jolly good, but you get out what you put in, which can be difficult at times. Especially when it comes to sciency stuff with laymen members.
>I have learned freemasons tell you to keep their secrets under penalty of death
Heh, not quite. The secrets (handshakes, passwords, and salutes) are to be kept on penalty of expulsion and being branded an oathbreaking braggart.

>>17612314
Templar is optional side degree for Christian Masons.
>>
>>17612350
why is there a degree specifically for Christians when they seem to not like the idea of jesus as a savior?
>>
>>17612350
what kind of sciency stuff do you get into?
>>
I was also thinking of joining cicada but I think they got infiltrated and shut down by the nsa or the fbi or whoever.
>>
>>17612357
Most of our side ("higher") degrees are restricted to Trinitarian Christian Masons.
>they seem to not like the idea of jesus as a savior?
You might have Masonry confused for something else. Craft Masonry doesn't deal with religion.

>>17612361
Mostly whatever comes up at the time. I did a big thing with a 3d printer because it's pertinent to building. But we've gone over artificial intelligence, which was cool, and came from one of the older guys. Astronomy is a popular one.
>>
>>17612350
honestly this is the first time any freemason on here has admitted to do anything other than being a boys club.
>>
>>17612375
you don't sit around planning the construction of the holy masonic empire (which is america)?
>>
>>17612376
The ones who say, "Just a boys club" are really doing it wrong. Like, I don't get why they would waste their time putting a tux on and going somewhere they don't actually do or learn anything.
>>
>>17612378
No. Hell no. If nothing else, American Masonry is rubbish. Seems to be where the "boys club" drudge originates.
We focus more on improving ourselves and our society.
>>
>>17612382
>>17612379
thanks for the answers so far, but I know you are holding something back.

freemasonry teaches enlightenment, taking you forma state of slavery and darkness to mastery and light.

I know the first ritual is stripping down naked and being led around with a sword pushed into your chest.
>>
>>17612393
while blind folded
>>
>>17612393
>but I know you are holding something back.
Not intentionally. I can only answer that which comes to mind.
>I know the first ritual is stripping down naked and being led around with a sword pushed into your chest.
Hah, I'm not sure where you read that one, but that's not quite it. We have pure white habiliments for candidates, and no sword is pushed into the chest. But you are indeed led around the lodge blindfolded (feels ten times bigger, and when it's taken off, you wonder where the rest of the room went) as you listen to charges.
>>
>>17612402
I saw a video of an initiation ritual where they pushed a sword into a guys chest and also an ex mason who thought they were heretics against Christianity said he had a sword pushed into his chest.

what degree are you?
>>
>>17612408
Yea, a lot of those are less than legit. They know that the real things aren't as sexy and occult looking as they need for their agenda, so they spice them up. You can buy real rituals online, or check them here http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/ritualen_en.html
But if you're intending to join, i'd advise against reading them due to spoilers. Initiatic experiences work best on a fresh mind.
>what degree are you?
Master Mason, the highest degree in Masonry.
But also tonnes of side degrees.
>>
>>17612423
that means your 3rd degree

but the degrees go up to 33 once you get serious.

I know that you have to travel to london or new york to continue gaining the higher degrees.

It's like going to a college or monestary
>>
>>17612423
thanks for answering all my questions
>>
Eris is a nice option...principia discordia hanging many years with this guys...I am free mason 3rd degree but I left em on personal belongings
>>
>>17612501
Personal belongings?

how do you like the discordians?
>>
>>17612201
>But I can't decide which one
>Which should I join?
I suggest you join SSS (Secret Shit Society)
that will perfectly suit your level of bullshitting.
>>
The discord was always nice to me with no "must" they have an opend mind for every religion or colors.it was my family for over 5 years... My english isnt that good i am from germany sorry
>>
Free Mason in Hamburg Germany isnt that kind of secret society they are very transparent if you understand...but i never feel very welcomed there maybe was my age..I was 28 when i joined for 2 years
>>
I left free masons for personal reason thats the right sentence sorry
>>
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=u297fgj85m95lm4ca81uejs3b3&
>>
Feel free to read and join if u like
>>
>>17612428
Yup. 3rd is the highest degree in Masonry. 33rd is just the Ancient & Accepted Rite (which i'm also in), which is a side degree system. Holy Royal Arch is the only one which could be considered above the 3rd.
And you only have to travel if there isn't a body of whatever elective degree meeting in your area.
For example, one of my side degrees used to require members to travel to Belgium to receive the last few lessons, but now we have enough members here to confer them ourselves. Same happened with Scarlet Cord, which required OSM members to travel to London.
Ancient and Accepted Rite for Scotland used to have members travel to the Edinburgh Supreme Council, but they since deputised a district which covers it here.

>>17612442
No worries bro.
>>
The real question here is: would you like to do some rituals and shit or eat a hot dog?
>>
Ha!
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
Freemasons are batty old white dudes whoare too scared to live in the real world so regress into 'muh spirituality' level ignorance.
Dicsord is literally just 'TeH PeNgUiN oF DooOOooOOm' type faggotry.
Seriously accept reality or be legit nuts don't half ass it and join a cult/belief system.
That's such a cop out.
>>
Best thing in life is believe in yourself..do what you think its right in fact you dont need a group for that u can always follow hints and perspectives of others
>>
>>17612217
lol you are tge one who started the thread wrong or.. A wrong thread at all because it is complete childish bullshit "muh i am special which secret society should i join" dude if you have to ask around like a faggot... Why do i even answer goddamn... Secreot societys don't need no children who don't know what is good for them or not
>>
This thread is the very proof that you aint ready to join a cult/secret organisation/anything

Seriously dude these are not fucking guilds like in skyrim
>>
File: tmp_19451_7382816662_768329714.jpg (100KB, 600x836px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19451_7382816662_768329714.jpg
100KB, 600x836px
>discordian
>secret society

Well, freemasons just want your money. That's pretty much the only reason they'd want you.

Discordians are based around freedom.. but not exactly a secret society.

It's your choice..
Hail Eris
>>
Hail Eris
>>
>>17613348
tEh PeNgUiN oF DooOOooM!!! LOL XDDDD
I love fnord and charlie the unicorn ahaha
we should skype
>>
>>17612375
>scottish rite doesn't exist
Only the york rite requires Christianity
>>
>>17613354
you sound more like an eight year old that found YouTube by accident than a parody discordian. If you are an discordian what's the secret password ?
>>
>>17613355
Of course the A&AR exists. In most countries/jurisdictions it's also restricted to Trinitarian Christians. USA north and south are the only ones who don't, because they go straight to 32nd for the sake of getting all the lessons done first.

And the "York Rite" is also just a north American thing. Elsewhere there are many other side degrees, rather than just the ten the "York Rite" use.
>>
>>17613311
>Seriously dude these are not fucking guilds like in skyrim

They aren't? I always got the impression that is exactly what they were like
>>
>>17613902
yeah I'm pretty sure secret societies are like skyrim guilds.
>>
It really depends on your position on hot dog buns.
>>
File: Tumblr_lt1mnp7jPh1qajc0s.jpg (66KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_lt1mnp7jPh1qajc0s.jpg
66KB, 500x375px
If those are your two choices, I recommend a third option to help split it up. The Illuminati, perhaps? They actually let you eat hot dogs WITH the buns. But that may just be propaganda.
>>
>>17612201
try masonry op, discordian is a religion more than secret society
>>
how would one go about joining the freemasons?
I heard you have to be invited and accepted by all other members,
if so where can I seek contact?
>>
>>17614029
Around here it requires that you are either rich, or relative, or very close business partner.
But In US allmost anyone can join?
>>
>>17614087
From where are you if I may ask?
I am in Germany.
>>
>>17614093
Finland
>>
Does having severe ADD mean I'm actually a discordian holy man?
>>
>>17614103
You must have atleast OCD too.
>>
>>17614125
Heh, I Actually do. Holy shit, I'm discordianism personified, how annoying.
>>
do people on /x/ know the story about the golden apple?
it's been a while, i used to hear these stories in schoo and i mostly forgot but:
> eris comes uninvited to the party at mt. olympus
> "here, this is for the most beautiful one"
> tosses golden apple in general direction of the gods / goddesses
> huge fight breaks out over who she meant
> this is the beginning of a war or The Odyssey or some thing

i know i fucked it up, but every time i see one of these threads i see someone tossing a golden apple, the original bait
>>
>>17612201
Dragon Rouge
>>
>>17614171
I sure do. it ended with the Trojan war.
>>
>>17614029
Invites are strictly forbidden. You have to ask to join of your own volition.

>>17614093
http://www.freimaurer.org/

>>17614099
http://www.vapaamuurarit.fi/
>>
>>17612201
Fuck that shit. Join fight club instead.
>>
>>17612201
Here you go, OP.
>print on a piece of paper
>congratulations, you are now a pope in the grand secret society or whatever of discordianism
>>
>>17616900
As a pope of Discord I can confirm this
>>
>>17614171
Eris, the OG shitposter.
>>
>>17616971
Did Eris leave? I hope so, haven't seen it in a few days since I've been back.
>>
>>17616971
I'd hit that like a six foot bong
>>
>>17612207
They're not just for the rich. Seriously, they're 90% good guys who want to mentor guys that show a care for the greater good and desire to pursue knowledge. They take in the poor if they see potential
>>
>>17612350
This. We won't kill you, we'll just make it hard for you to get ahead. Though you really do that yourself being a gossip and turncoat and all
>>
O9A if you're not a pussy...
>>
Be a discordian if you like knowledge, weed and sex.

Be a mason if you like rules and old man cock.
>>
>>17617532
No argument there, brother.
>>
>>17612207
>freemasons
>rich

lol. you probably get all your information about the masons from shit-tier conspiracy websites and /x/.

freemasons are usually middle-class, sometimes a high earner in the community is also a member, but for the most part it's a "fraternity."

if the masons were so rich, then why are mason lodges closing left and right? why are blue lodge and scottish rite temples being sold off? why does the scottish rite of kansas city meet in a fucking auditorium that they rent out for a weekend every month?

newsflash: it's a dirt-poor organization, it's non-profit. there's no drinking, no smoking, and the last lodge meeting i attended we had domino's pizza.
>>
>>17619492
>then why are mason lodges closing left and right?
That's a membership issue. Doesn't matter how much money you have when you have too many buildings to fill.
>why does the scottish rite of kansas city meet in a fucking auditorium
That's just an American A&AR thing. Meetings of Valleys are so big (usually 1000+), that there are virtually no lodge rooms capable of seating everyone, so they usually just rent a hall somewhere for classes.
>>
>>17619508
nope, you're wrong about the auditorium thing.

the kansas city scottish rite sold off their giant, beautiful, and gothic temple because they didn't have the motherfucking money to pay the taxes and upkeep on the property. (keep in mind, the property is owned by the scottish rite in washington, d.c.)

they meet in an auditorium (in a commercial building, and it seats maybe 300 but maybe a few dozen scottish rite members show up) because it was cheaper than keeping their temple.

as for the lodge closings, yeah it is a membership issue AND it's a money issue. they don't have the members -> cannot collect dues -> cannot pay the property taxes and keep the electricity on.
>>
OP, start listening to The Hour of Slack radio show/podcast and delve into the magical world of J.R. Bob Dobbs (pbuh)

Much funnier, more important, and congealed than Discordianism.

Plus, you can become a subgenius and be a part of one of the secretest megachurches in America
>>
>>17619533
>nope, you're wrong about the auditorium thing.
Tell that to Guthrie, DC, Florida, NY (City, Hudson, and Albany), and probably quite a few others i haven't been to.
>the kansas city scottish rite sold off their giant, beautiful, and gothic temple because they didn't have the motherfucking money to pay the taxes and upkeep on the property.
Yea, that is a common thing too. They've not charged enough in dues to cover costs since the 60s, because the old bastards balk at a £5/yr increase.
But whatever. It's stabilising now. We need to lose the dead weight.
>>
>>17612314
You got me with assassin
>>
>>17612201
>ok guys, I'm going to do it
>I'm going to join a secret society.

>But I can't decide which one

>should I join the freemasons
>OR should I join the discordians?
they are opposites, although all freemasons are Discordian popes, most Discordian popes are not masons.

>which is more powerful?
Discordians outnumber everyone.
>which is good which is evil?
fnord

>which is more interesting and cooler?
Discordians don't make you perform gay sex.

>I just can't decide.
are you a woman? you know they won't let you in the masons if you're a woman

>Which should I join?
why can't you join both?

>I know there are tons of discordians and freemasons who frequent 4chan
antishills vs shills

>Are you guys secretly at war?
it's no secret we war with the masons.
>I think you must be.

>I'd like your input
you have it.
>>
>>17612229
>maybe you could just tell me where I could get more info on discordians?
read some books.

>>17612350
>he secrets (handshakes, passwords, and salutes) are to be kept on penalty of expulsion
note that he did not include the luciferian doctrine, which IS a death penalty.
never trust a mason, they tell half-truth.

>>17612423
>Master Mason, the highest degree in Masonry.
HODGEPODGE!

don't trust this neophyte, master mason is the 3rd rank and there are over 30.
>>
>>17617555
Yeah but it's hard to take time for commitments like that when you're working 70hrs/week or have to worry about where to sleep. Although I imagine they could help in the later part of that.
>>
>>17619691
How much time do you actually have to spend there and what is the learning about? I don't give a shit about the conspiracy stuff, but the brotherhood aspect has always intrigued me. The only thing that staves me off is I don't even know what I would do there. [spoiler] That and the fact that I still need to build my life a bit. [/spoiler]
>>
>>17619753
>note that he did not include the luciferian doctrine
Yea, i only put real stuff in.
>master mason is the 3rd rank and there are over 30.
>rank
Lel. Maybe you should go read actual stuff on Masonry?

>>17619803
>The only thing that staves me off is I don't even know what I would do there.
As it should. I hate when people don't tell candidates what it's about.
The official line on time spent in lodge is 2-4 hours per month, but if you were to become an officer, that'd increase. And most places do the baseline learning about self improvement, because they don't pay attention to the ritual. If you were to, though, it's everything from communication skills, leadership, and all kinds of sciences. The way you learn about them is not so much from the ritual, as it just gives you an idea and goal, rather than all the info you need.
>That and the fact that I still need to build my life a bit.
Always tell prospectives that Masonry is something which comes last in your list of priorities. If you're not able to support yourself well, then that should really come first. Or if you need to spend more time with your family and so on, that comes above all else.
>>
File: diamond-silhouette_318-40490.jpg (16KB, 626x626px) Image search: [Google]
diamond-silhouette_318-40490.jpg
16KB, 626x626px
You all need to stop. Do not join these. If so you die over and over again for endless time. What you are doing is pure fucking evil. They abuse the mass subconscious to delude the people's minds. We are trained to associate the following shape with value. Because the brainwashing only works on the subconscious mind, if you are conscious of the shape you are immune to its effects. This shape is extremely similar to the Unicursal Pentagram. Look it up, the connections are real.
>>
>>17619744
accurate
>>
>>17620065
stop shitposting on /x/. Maybe if you weren't scared of a secret society because it's a secret or actually read about Discordianism you wouldn't be afraid of masons or Discordians.
>>
File: large.gif (491KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
large.gif
491KB, 500x281px
>>17612201
::WE ARE WATCHING::
>>
>>17612201
just join the templars bruh
>>
>>17612314
That... actually makes a terrifying amount of sense. Wasn't Harvey Lee Oswald a discordian?
>>
>>17612314
>>17622476
Lmao. In the chance you guys aren't joking, we're not exactly a 'society.' It's a philosophy/religion that doesn't even require you to know other Discordians. I live in a border town in Texas and there probably aren't any other Discordians here..

We aren't assassins or anything. We support free will and the red pill.

Read the Principia Discordia, (our "holy" book ) you'll see what it's about.. also there's a PDF "principia discordia pdf." It's the first result
>>
>>17622476
Where'd you come to this conclusion? I am interested.
>>
>>17622498
>We aren't assassins or anything.
That's exactly what an assassin would say :^)

>>17622510
One of the writers of the PD (Kerry Wendell Thornley, alias Omar Ravenhurst) was a fellow marine and close friend of Oswald. Thornley claims that he and Oswald were both subjects of MK Ultra. If this is true, then it's likely that discordian "cabals" are really just a codeword for CIA splinter groups.
>>
I am a Freemason and we actually don't have many secrets. The rituals we do we are all naked (to show your brothers trust) and the creepiest thing I have done was drink cow blood out of a human skull when I got 33rd degree.
>>
>>17622527
FUCKKKKKK
>>
>>17622569
lol nice shitpost bruh
>>
File: Eris_profile.jpg (17KB, 220x293px) Image search: [Google]
Eris_profile.jpg
17KB, 220x293px
>>17622527
>exactly what an assassin would say

Hehehe, carry on.

I just hope the conspiracy theorists on here that will believe anything don't take you seriously.
>>
>>17622613
>I just hope the conspiracy theorists on here that will believe anything don't take you seriously
Isn't that the point of it, though?

You let people believe whatever they want, without confirming or denying anything. Belief is a zero sum game where the only winning move is not to play.
>>
File: tmp_19451_14376363747_1263686396.jpg (176KB, 1074x665px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_19451_14376363747_1263686396.jpg
176KB, 1074x665px
>>17622662
Yeah, perhaps.. they can be proven wrong by someone and learn to think for themselves. Perfect.
>>
>>17621777
>just join the templars bruh

Trip sevens say the Templars are legit Knights of God!
>>
>>17621777
You have to be a Royal Arch Mason to join them.
>>
>>17621758
X member
>>
>>17613369
Your mama.
>>
>>17612357
>why is there a degree specifically for Christians when they seem to not like the idea of jesus as a savior?
Because it is run by Jews.
You will never make it to the upper echelons unless you are 100% matrilineal Jewish.
>>
I'm from FOVA. If you can reach us, you can join. There are about 350 of us. I just joined, but it's pretty sweet. Never knew about Escaven until I joined, or Alduit.
>>
>>17612201
Op joins frat
Op is a faggot
>>
File: 20160425_-1839667640.jpg (54KB, 240x720px) Image search: [Google]
20160425_-1839667640.jpg
54KB, 240x720px
how to come illuminate
>>
>>17624748
good, good, you're in
>>
You're already a Discordian now dude. Congrats.
>>
you dont know shet op, get the fuck out while you still can youngfag.
>>
>>17624894
alduit is a god form the elder scrolls games
>>
>>17612201
Why join when you could appropriate the same information without joining some bullshit org that doesn't give a rats ass about you?
>>
>>17626406
because they are rich and well connected
don't you know how to sell your soul?
>>
>>17612201
>he thinks he can just walk in and join
>>
Most of you are a fuckin joke....just know that...we need you to know that...
>>
>>17612201
you should join the LGBT community you fucking faggot
>>
>>17612402
Can i follow Discordia and still become a free mason?
>>
>>17620065
What does the unicursal hexagram have to do with free mason's and discordia? It's used in rituals and magick. Free mason is a society, Discordia is a belief, not the occult.
>>
>>17626572
I bet you do.
>>
>>17626552
Well he can.

>>17626598
Maybe? I mean, it fits the supreme being requirement, but the beliefs may not be considered in line with Masonic morality, and thus it's on the "Do not initiate" list. Plus, the members of any lodge petitioned would probably not like it.
>>
>>17619780
Are you me?
>>
>>17626598
Sure, but you have to be a super secret discordian, not a #yolo balls out hail Eris fnording faggot discordian.
>>
>>17626637
How IS one selected for initiation into the Free Masons?
>>
>>17626962
You have to fit the requirements (free born man, good report, 18/21+, belief in God), then ask to join.
>>
>>17612375
Really appreciate the info anon
>>
>>17616971
Sauce for pic
>>
>>17626572
"We"

All of you calling us faggots are faggots, faggot.
>>
>>17626897
THIS

Meme-Discordians are the worst. Discordianism is like Fight Club, you aren't really supposed to talk about it.
>>
>>17629838
meh, you can talk about it, but it's funnier this way to some people
>>
>>17612201
discordianism is hardly secret m8 ask any of us.
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.