[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here excessively day dream to the point of almost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: 3 eye.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
3 eye.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
Does anybody here excessively day dream to the point of almost creating a whole other world in your head?

" Maladaptive day dreaming] an extensive fantasy activity that replaces human interaction and/or interferes with academic, interpersonal, or vocational functioning. It might be related to childhood emotional neglect or abuse that motivates victims to divorce from the threatening world"

I have a theory that when you cant stop day dreaming its because your overly breathing into your head. And most day dreamers usually look at the ground which would also constitute towards breathing into your head as it forces your head into an uncomfortable position.
>>
Yes, Some times when i walk on the street, i day dream. Some times I just walk 20 meter ore more without knowing. When i awake i found my self on a weird place i cant remember how i came there.

I like it when this happens to me.
It feels like ive spend time in diffirent dimention, and came back to earth.
>>
This is super interesting, I never knew it had a name.

Got any more information OP? Would certainly appreciate it
>>
File: icu.png (1MB, 762x822px) Image search: [Google]
icu.png
1MB, 762x822px
sometimes i think before i fall asleep ill awake in a different day and shit nigga its only 4am
>>
>>17568195
>breathing into your head
This makes no sense.
>>
I've had an entire world I've created in my head and kept since I was a little kid, I go there and experience real friendships and relationships despite only being there at my sleeping time here. To me that entire world has its own Eco system and is driven by its own hours as well.
I've become so invested there are little stupid things that are set into place.
(Ex: if my imaginary body is doing something and I fall asleep, it will become soulless and drop wherever it is, so if I'm dating anyone at the time, it is their responsibility to transport me back to my imaginary home)

I have imagined so much, the people in my world have their own homes and their own cultures and lifestyles.

Idk if I sound crazy right now, I do get whatever I want in my imaginary world but also have problems and issues I personally face because the imaginary people themselves have their own personalities and and sometimes they aren't what I expect.
>>
>>17568195
ive always day dreamed intenseley my entire life but i usually stare at the sky then my reality breaks. for me its a coping mechnism and i have problems with dissociation now as well. its not a good habit to get into if you can stop yourself same shit with lucid dreaming, its an escape and it becomes your life
>>
I think day dream is unavoidable, but some people do it too much, specially people with pisces zodiac.
>>
>>17568226
Often maladaptive daydreamers will have 'triggers' that set off their daydreams. Common triggers are books, movies, music, and even riding in a car. Maladaptive daydreamers also may have trouble getting out of bed or going to sleep, due to the want to continue daydreaming. Often times while maladaptive daydreamers are daydreaming they will whisper, talk, make facial expressions, or do some sort of repetitive movement.

Maladaptive daydreamers can spend hours simply daydreaming. They often have elaborate fantasies within their minds, often comparable to a complete novel or movie. Many have more than one fantasy in their mind, each with its own characters, setting, plots, etc. Maladaptive daydreamers may become emotionally attached to their characters as well, though they know the characters are not real.
>>17568230
If you study breathing you will discover that your breathing dictates the quality of your life. A normal person will mostly have their breathing reach their feet and they will constantly feel this heavy feeling. That's what your survival instincts come from. Posture is the outward reflection of your breathing. When I day dream I tend to stare at the ground and I noticed that most of my breathing goes up into my brain and eyes and the rest goes kind of down but it's a very shallow and weak breathe. It never reaches the ground which would constitute towards my disconnection from reality.
>>
>>17568231
I thought my day dreaming was extreme. But yours has its own reality. That could be comparable to people with Tulpas.
>>
>>17568257

Confirmed. I daydream constantly and vividly, and my dreams are often incredibly intense and powerful.

I just finished typing up one extremely powerful dream I had recently.

>>>17568260

4 posts, starting from there.
>>
>>17568195
yeah i have it a lot, i need to cycle a hour to school so i have plenty of time to daydream. and i think its nothing more than daydreaming/being softcore autistic. creating new worlds isnt hard for me since i've done it since i was little
>>
>>17568276
i used to have trouble to sleep, but then i started making up stories for my self and after a while i would sleep very deep. after a while i didnt just "read" anymore but i could start seeing it, then it felt like i was just there. soon i would do it during the day when i had a hard day, it was a nice escape from reality. then it started getting a bit out of hand, i would travel kilometers on my bike without even knowing it because i was way to busy spending time in my own world. i also had many different worlds because after a while it became kinda boring so i would just create a whole new one. but lately my life's doing better and i dont need an escape anymore, i sleep well so it isnt worth it anymore to do all that thinking before sleeping.
>>
>>17568285
Haha that's weird, cause I just typed a lot of my thoughts into my note of my mobile, because I was flooded with thoughts and writing them saves a lot of mental energy as opposed to thinking them.
>>
>>17568195
yea every day atleast 2 hours. im going to bed at 22:00 starting good music and then im dreaming a second life with characters i create and a plot with me as main char ofc.
every night for atleast 2 hours, and just usual short time daydreams.

is this retarded?
>>
>>17568323
Can you stop typing like a retard
>>17568304
Dude if you can't speak English than please shit the fuck up your giving me a headache
>>
>>17568328
can u stop being an edgy memelord, faggot
>>
>>17568224
Holy shit, are you me?
>>
>>17568328
Slit your wrists faggot
>>
>>17568224
This, back in highschool l'd end up imagining a whole new world in which l was the hero, then when l'd "come back" l'd feel sad because it felt real, yet wasnt real. Still happens a lot, especially when l'm outside
>>
>>17568195
I'm a writer so yeah. I'm trying to turn it into a job.
>>
>>17568323
>>17568331
>>17568547
>samefagging this hard
>>
Bow your head and close your eyesss. Quickly you get hypnotized.
>>
>>17568328
>if you can't speak English
>than please
>than
Irony from elitists is always something.
>>
Totally agree on that !
[email protected]
>>
I mean I tried hypnosis and you can definitely feel relaxed or more focused depending on what U want to do.
>>
>>17568328
>than (then)
>shit (shut)
>your (you're)

Can you stop typing like a retard? If you can't speak English, shut the fuck up and stop correcting others
>>
>>17568195
It's called being a neurotic. It's the defining defense mechanism in people with neurosis. Check out Horney's "Neurosis and Human Growth".
>>
>>17568195

i´m always under a constant flow of thoughts. it really does interefer with the outer world, because i focus alot on it. feels like a trance. it´s not specific things, people, places, the future (fears and hopes). lots of analyzing of thought patterns and behaviour, kinda visualizing it too.
sometimes i feel like i disconnect from this flow, but it´s always there if i´m on idle. i don´t really can shut it down. my mind gets really messy sometimes because of this. thought it´s some kind of negative shizophrenic tendency. if i do sports like running it gets more intense while the training, but it´s a release after.
is this what you seek op? i just read the first post for now, i´m coming back later for the rest
>>
>>17568657
Wow i never knew they had a name for it that would be so commonly known thanks.\

>>17568669
I think I know how to make it go away. I think it relates to my breathing.
>>
>>17568276
please elaborate on the breathing theory, it sounds very interesting.
>>
>>17568680
>I think it relates to my breathing
It actually does.
Breathe well, my friend.
>>
File: syrup.jpg (63KB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
syrup.jpg
63KB, 500x235px
> might be related to childhood emotional neglect or abuse.

Kek. Is it just me or is 99% of all diseases related to "muh childhood emotions".

Psychology is retarded and there is nothing wrong with OP.
>>
Ive been daydreaming like this since i was 4 or 5. Still to this day, i am now 30. I have been aware of this condition for sometime now. What i found is physical exercise lessens the symptoms temporarily. Also meditation.
I have a spiritual theory about this condition; these dreams you make in your head are/is the home of your ego.
>>
>>17568726
Abuse and neglect make kids fucked up, and fucked up kids grow into fucked up adults.

If you can't see the logic behind that, you're beyond help.
>>
>>17568195
yeah OP your mom day dreams excessively about my dick
>>
Aaaaaaand here come the kids who are too young for this site

It's a shame, this was an interesting thread.
>>
>>17568195
Since I was 5 years old I have created like 14 alternative universes while daydreaming, I am almost the whole day out of reality
>>
Cool thread until people started explaining that they have absolutely no idea how breathing works. Can we have just one thread that doesn't devolve into talking about chakras and shit? Too much to ask, I know.
>>
>>17568195
breathing can help you do some cool things. Besides the physical stimulation of your endocrine system, it also gives your subconscious a metronome to focus on, essentially. That's why everyone says to focus on your breathing during meditation. ''Seeking inward'' has a lot of connotations to a lot of different people, but you'd be surprised where your thought process will end up after breathing in certain rhythms.
>>
>>17568195
there's a name for this?
Well shit, good to know. Ill let everyone in the dream world know.
Thanks OP.

>>17568564
Id like to do the same thing actually. Ive always been hesitant because Ive always felt like the more I talk about it the less real it is. Does anyone else have that experience? Like, if I commit it to paper and tell people about it, it wont be "mine" anymore.
>>
>>17568726
>Kek. Is it just me or is 99% of all diseases related to "muh childhood emotions".
It is now. Sometime around the 60's laws got passed which essentially ended psychologists ability to preform tests on patients which could be considered "dangerous" or "cruel", so then psychology had to essentially find a way to practice and diagnose things without ever actually testing patients, so now we have the "feel good" psychology where everyone is a special snowflake and it's something from their childhood that makes them do/think/feel certain things.
>>
>>17568195
There have been points in my life where I'd spend 8+ hours a day daydreaming. It's fucking debilitating sometimes.
I guess I'm just an escapist (which makes no sense to me cuz my life is generally pretty gud)
>>
>>17568874
*certain techniques, is what I meant. The rhythms themselves are normally just a natural pattern you fall into. Some meditations recommend how long your ins and outs should be, but it's best to do what's comfortable and let your lungs naturally expand.

The endrocine system can be stimulated (different techniques for different parts of the system), that give you physical relaxation not unlike marijuana or opiates. To put it in perspective: drugs only work if our brain has a receptor wired to process it. To me, that implies that we can naturally trigger all these receptors. Having your body release all those chemicals can definitely lead to ''day dreaming''. So your theory about breathing having something to do with your experience is very plausible.

Wim Hoff has a great technique for getting the pineal gland to release adrenaline.

And this link has a great exercise for cutting off your stress receptors, essentially, for anyone who is interested:
http://eiriu-eolas.org/online-version//
>>
>>17568669
>>17568680

i actually have problems with my airways. i´ve got the common cold the whole year long and every winter i catch the paranasal sinusitis even without the flu.
but i could also link this with a time period in my childhood where i had problems with my sensory (eyes/ears) which could lead to this aspect
>>
>>17568195
Yes sometimes I wake up from a dream but I am like wtf wasn't I just awake a soon comenyo realise that I dreamed it all
>>
>>17568195
Present.
>>
File: Hilarious and Original.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Hilarious and Original.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>17568788
>>
File: firelink.jpg (647KB, 3037x1968px) Image search: [Google]
firelink.jpg
647KB, 3037x1968px
>>17568726
I dont get what your saying. Im not trying to make a "poor me" statement by saying that i have a disease, im plainly stating the fact that i day dream excessively.
>>17568770
There are 2 egos i believe. The lower self and the higher self. They are both the higher and lower chakras. The higher self is non physical and the lower self is like a selfish physical desire. Neither of them are good or bad, I think its important to combine both in a way. I read about it in the wisdom of insecurity by alan
watts.
>>17568681
I read alot about breathing, and i dont mean meditation. I mean just regular every day breathing. I noticed that your personality relates to breathing because you will energize the chakras that your breathing reaches. So basically somebody who always hates themselves is not breathing into their solar plexus chakra. Somebody who day dreams too much are usually with their heads down which would make you over breathe into your head chakras, the crown and third eye. If you look up the traits of an over active crown and third eye you will see that it relates to being overly sucked into your imagination. The word psyche in the common googled definition is the human soul, mind, or spirit. And on that same google definition if you scroll down it will say "mid 17th century: via Latin from Greek psukhē ‘breath, life, soul.’"
>>17568794
its okay no need for it to bring us down we can continue without them
>>17568867
I dont see why you would think chakras shouldnt relate to this.
>>17568874
Super truth, I rememeber I over breathed into my balls (not trying to be funny) and it just got me into this overly aggresive mood and I wanted to argue with people because it felt like they all wanted to screw me over. This is probably the thought pattern of most people from older generations.
>>17568902
I know what you mean. My life is fine but I enjoy escaping as well. During a car ride its not good enough, i like to day dream and make the ride enjoyable.
>>
File: boot.jpg (82KB, 397x858px) Image search: [Google]
boot.jpg
82KB, 397x858px
>>17569986
As I said before breathing dictates the quality of your life. This makes sense because what else really would dictate the quality of our lives? In older times maybe people didnt have enough food or stuff. But in todays age most of us have all the material possessions we need yet we are still unhappy. And I know for a fact that getting more of these possesions wont make me feel different, whether it be a super nice car or a pretty girlfriend. The only reason a girl would make you feel better is because she would normally feel really good and shed be giving you her good emotions. But if you were able to produce these good emotions on your own and they were genuine than these women will probably be attracted to you for the same reason.
>>
It's called catatonia and is a symptom of schizophrenia, as is delusion and visual and auditory hallucinations. You're actually bat-shit mad and require immediate medical attention before you kill yourself. You probably want to get it before you start seeing shadow people too.
>>
>>17570039
Which post makes you say so?
>>
>>17568195
http://frombob.to/drake.html
>Order of the Dolphin

Douglas Adams comes to mind, relating to that ironic mindfuck novel series.
>>
In the case that which it isn't necessarily daydreaming, but peering into the future with decisions that could happen, but are usually extreme and therefore unlikely outcomes, this is my way of it. Think of possible premonitions, but they generally aren't feasible.

I consider it strongly to be a part of manifestation through free will. You see, our minds have the power to give shape on what happens around us. Many people underestimate that. But it isn't to where thr universe let's us decide what will happen simply through mental manifestation. Many of my dreams have a premonitional state, hinting towards an event or element. For instance, I might dream of family members being randomly in my dream. The following day, I happen to see them. And it follows a similarity of the dream. It leads me to think that I have a strong subconscious state, and an even stronger unconscious awareness. It freaks me the fuck out a lot, especially when dying in a dream state will reflect back when I'm awake. If I plummet thousands of meters from the sky into pavement, suddenly to wake up, realizing it to be a mirage, there will be warmth or pressure where it is that led me to die.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.