[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When I was about 12 I recall being in a dream but never waking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: empty road.jpg (969KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
empty road.jpg
969KB, 2048x1365px
When I was about 12 I recall being in a dream but never waking up from it. I'm 28 now. I can never really know if there's simply a gap in my memory or if I'm still dreaming. Is anybody else in this predicament?
>>
>>17563665
ur not in a dream asshole simply because I can see this
>>
>>17563665
You mean is anyone else in sort of an existential crisis where they can't know if anything is real?

It doesn't matter you fucking tool, it wouldn't change anything.
>>
File: 1459163567579.jpg (40KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1459163567579.jpg
40KB, 500x281px
It'd be beautiful to wake up being 12 again and knowing what I know now. Think about it. The job interview that fell through. The girl that got away. The people you shouldn't have trusted. I'd kill to "wake up."
>>
>>17563665
sometimes i've thought that i was in this situation. It's funny. But if you think you're in a dream, shouldn't that tell your brain to "wake yourself up?"
>>
>>17563791
That's a fucking good idea for a book, anon.
>>
>>17563665
not in a dream. I'm reading this right now and i'm not in a dream. Or maybe I am in a dream and this post was put here by my subconscious? Honestly this does seem like something I would dream about then wake up and be all freaked for the next 15 minutes. Help Me I'm Scared. Maybe I'll be 12 when I wake up and adult life will be different.
>>
>>17563665

Yes my dreams are more real than reality. With recurring places and characters.
>>
>>17563665
You're not real anyways, so it doesn't matter.

I'm the only one here.
>>
>>17563665
Well, unless I exist as a construct in your dream, I'm convinced that you're not dreaming.
>>
>>17563665
You're an RP fag and dreams go here. >>17515303
>>
>>17563665
1. You are and no answer here matters bc it's just part of said dream

2.Depersonalization. Get help. If you're unhappy that is.
>>
>>17563968
same. i feel that i am acclimating to the place i will live after death. im almost ready to move.
>>
>>17563665
Someone's going to be headblasted when they wake up.

This happened to me, I'm either in a dream that's ridiculously time dilated, I'm only "simulating" very sparse moments of time with long spaces of constructed memories in between, or I'm in the afterlife.

Been living here for 8 years now, I think. I'm 20.

Anyone want a true redpill?
>>
>>17564220
Sure.
I've been learning about similar topics lately.
I wouldn't mind hearing what sort of piece you might have.
>>
>>17564268
>Born in Sydney, Australia in 1967
>Grow up in a normal household, no arguments, two sisters and one brother
>Mom was 29 when she had me, Dad was 30
>Oldest sister was 6, middle sister was 5, bro was 3 when I was born
>Go to school as normal, tons of friends, have a remarkably nice life
>At 18 I decide to move out and venture north along the coast
>Group up with a few guys who were coming from Adelaide on a round tour of Australia
>Driving on the outskirts of Newcastle
>Dark as fuck, headlights aren't the best
>See highbeams coming towards us, obviously a truck
>Driver makes a comment about it being bright as fuck
>Truck swerves towards us slightly
>I feel the car snap sharply to the left
>Close my eyes on reflex
>Feel something smacking against my head as the car seemingly gets hit in the rear-right corner by something
>Feel spinning
>It goes dark
>Wake up at some point
>Try to open eyes, it's way too damn bright
>Can't feel body for shit
>Try to move head a bit
>It's soft
>Finally open eyes and see dark red walls, there's a light at the top
>Confused as fuck as to what's going on
>Look down
>See blanket
>Attempt to bring head up
>Blanket starts to fall off
>I'm small as fuck for some reason
>Realize what I am

I blacked out for 23 years. Either this is the absolute best hallucination ever, or some deity is real.

Reality doesn't seem real. Maybe OP just forgot it happened to him?
>>
>>17563665

I have something similar OP, not the same, but similar

Most of my childhood memories never happened.

Like, in my head, I remember them so well, but when I speak to other people that were involved they have no memory of these experiences with me.
Almost as if my dreams have replaced my actual childhood memories.

I'm diagnosed bipolar and my psychiatrist says it could be a side effect of my medication, but it's been this way since I was 12-13, and I only started taking medication when I was 23.

People from my childhood speak about times we had together, and I have no recollection of events.
I speak to them about my memories, and they say it never happened

For example, I remember going to my friends house after kindergarden one day. we chilled and played some piano together, then I made her glasses out of chewing gum and we ended up kissing. just a peck, we were kids..

She randomly started dating my friend when I was 19, never saw her after kinder. I was a little awkward, but I asked her if she remembered me coming over that day. She said I had never been to her house.
I described her house perfectly, down to the colour of the carpet and pictures on the wall. She was shocked, but firmly stated I never ever went to her house before

Anyway, no idea what this is, I hope it helps in some way OP
I just wish I could remember my childhood :( all my memories are off and I feel like I've fabricated them all
>>
I have experienced long dreams the longest was around a month. Nothing significant happens and I live just as I would, think like that scene in Rick and forty with the vr game.
>>
>>17564312
I think our idea and perception of reality is easy enough to replicate in that it can occur within dreams.

Go through life calling a fraction of what's going on around you "reality" and you may end up encountering things that seem "more real" than the supposed reality.

I'm not surprised people are going around thinking they're in a dream or a simulation. We seem to have such a partial awareness of things most if not all of the time. Whether or not we are "in a simulation" is one thing, but the point is that, as things are, it can very easily seem like it.

I guess a dream could allow higher awareness/connectivity since its components are locally created. I guess that could potentially make something seem even more real.

Anyway, I don't know how something like blacking out for years can be supported physiologically (I haven't exactly tried studying about it either). From what I've heard though, sometimes you'll get impressions of memories of the time that you missed out on. Are you sometimes reminded of an experience that you don't actually remember being there for?
>>
>>17564433
> From what I've heard though, sometimes you'll get impressions of memories of the time that you missed out on. Are you sometimes reminded of an experience that you don't actually remember being there for?

No. I don't remember a damn thing about my "life" in this body before I woke up. I've been practically interrogating people as to what happened, and then using that to pretend that I've been remembering this all the while.

I've been wanting to say this to someone but I know I would be put in a loony bin if I said it to someone in real life.
>>
>>17563843
Even better for a game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.