[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Say you knew how to do actual magic - not just "probability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

Say you knew how to do actual magic - not just "probability manipulation" bullshit, but like actually creating fireballs and shit - and you could teach others if you chose to. Would you?
>>
Okay,...... I probably wouldn't....
strange thread.
>>
>>17561576
Why not? Not saying you should. But I'm looking for various views. Also "strange thread"? Do you know what board you're on? Is it just strange because I didn't claim shadow people were stalking me or asking advice on how to properly fuck a tulpa?
>>
Yes.

If we are bound then we'd go to a stable third world setting so as to make the States less of a hassle, preferring a circle for sake of watching over one another which
I think is necessary. If that were a factual present then it would be too much to NOT share for sake of sanity so it helps to let that out. Not to mention making the situation
safer given potential land we find ourselves in. It boils down to being able to get away with showing off or hiking out and fucking around learning technique. Not to mention potential
psychotropics to muddle in.
>>
>>17561622
I only said that because it is customary on 4chan for people to be rude.

In reality, teaching other people fire skills... wouldn't that just make them a threat? So i probably wouldn't for that reason... what do you think about that ?
>>
>>17561670
Then you are a threat to yourself. .. ?
>>
This thread is dildo's
>>
>>17561677
I guess.
>>
I would teach it to my family. I would never teach it fully to anyone other than one.
>>
>>17561698
>dildo's

>>17561701
Alright.
>>
"Magick" is no different in principle than playing a sport or musical instrument or scientific discipline. Most people need years of football practice or piano lessons or physics tutorials to get to a high level. At the same time everyone has heard of someone who smokes weed during football practice or plays piano by ear or can spout complex numbers on cue and is also high level.

Thats what magic is. The years and years of piano lessons that put the regular person in the same orchestra as the guy who plays by ear. The years of lifting weights and running drills that put joe schmuck in the same offensive line as chad thundercock. The thousands of hours in front of textbooks that get you the same PHD as the sperglord who graduated high school at 12.

The internet has removed much of the effort from something that requires either natural talent or dedicated effort, so if you don't have natural talent and don't make any effort then you won't see any results.
>>
>>17561704
What if you didn't have a family or friends?

>>17561758
The difference being that most "magicians" don't actually know what they're doing - even the "pros". So your analogy is innacurate. REAL magic is more like nuclear technology. Sure it can provide energy (at a toxic cost) or be used in medicine, but it can also be used for weapons and governments and sociopaths almost exclusively consider these possibilities. Training doesn't do much for your magical abilities if you begin with false principles. There's a lot of shit been written on the occult for literally millennia. Still not too many mages floating around. And don't give me that invisible teapot tripe, because this world would be VERY different if there were any real mages of this caliber around, even if they kept their powers secret.

And some people just have a natural knack for spiritual abilities, so handing them over effective magical techniques could actually result in actual noticeable phenomena.
>>
>>17561808
I was trying to post in a way that the younglings could grasp. You have upped the ante in what I assume is a challenge or perhaps an attempt to induce an up-ante response in kind.

We're all playing on the same map, from beginners to hard mode. Nightmare mode even. Rules is rules, no matter the level.
>>
>>17561573
magic doesn't work cause we forgot the names of the elder gods, we been praying to the void all this time
>>
>>17561884
Obliviously in case elder god alive he of course might wish use new nicknames, because fashion, local customs, etc.
Seems in this realm major influence of magic is mental.
>>
>>17561869
I realize, but you must not have much experience with people if you don't understand that some people are just pouring with ability and energy and others will never get it, and fuck I'm a hermit.

>>17561884
Gods are either false or as good as false and so irrelevant.
>>
>>17561884
>names of the elder gods
Many of them not names, just nicknames like "Master" or "Lord" or "Boss" at local languages and dialects. Also, attempt keep sounds with shitty Latin alphabet even don't having a letter for "th" is hopeless.
>>
>>17561889
>>17561892
>>17561900
they're buried in thousands of years of human culture and myths. but they're still here
>>
>>17561902
Prove it. Better yet, let them prove they're real. Yeah that's what I thought. Gods will be relevant just as soon as they get up off their lazy asses and start carrying some fucking weight in this universe. And I have to say, if they already are and this is the best then can do, then fuck em.
>>
File: Ai.jpg (80KB, 544x767px) Image search: [Google]
Ai.jpg
80KB, 544x767px
>>17561573

Maybe. But the requirements are very strict. You probably don't qualify.

The reason I say this is that to earn the respect needed to be taught anything you need to have significant ability to begin with and you need to make certain achievements.

It is likely you are just a casual and are not prepared to do what is needed for this. If you were really skilled you would not need to come here and ask, because... as they say

>"don't call us, we call you"
>>
>>17561911
>more annoying roleplaying on 4chan
God damn it I fucking hate this site and its annoying teenagers.
>>
>>17561908
why do you assume they care about a tiny rock that forgot them?
>>
>>17561916

>the reason noone will teach magic: the post
>>
>>17561920
Nobody forgot anything. If there are gods, they forgot how to run a fucking universe. This place is a damn trainwreck of entropy and wickedness.
>>
I wouldn't teach anyone. For the sole purpose that people's hearts have evil intent. If I taught someone how to pause time, what makes you think they won't use the ability to act out perverse fantasies or rob and steal? I imagine this is why humans aren't granted any super human powers of any sort by God.
>>
science is magic
dumbass
>>
File: Magic.png (521KB, 718x402px) Image search: [Google]
Magic.png
521KB, 718x402px
>>17561956
>>
>>17561573
>what is this job magic you speak of
>>
>>17561573
I've given this a lot of thought, and yeah, I would.

Partly because I wouldn't want to be alone in it.

Partly because I'd like the challenge of competition.

But mostly... mostly I'd just like to see the world get good and proper fucked. I'd give to 50 years before one of us motherfuckers cracked the planet in two.
>>
>>17561956
If you could shoot fireballs from your hands by uttering words, then we wouldn't call that "doing science". It's fucking magic. You are going to apply the scientific method to magic, naturally, that doesn't mean you're going to call magic "science", that's retarded.
>>
>>17561573
I know someone who can breathe fire but they're just a martian
>>
>>17562003
>I'd give to 50 years before one of us motherfuckers cracked the planet in two
This shit is exactly why it's not a good idea to spread that knowledge. I would like to know it, but I'm well aware that I would probably abuse it at some point - I'm self aware of my emotions and my capacity to handle power. I hate to quote this shit, but with great power comes great responsibility. Sorry OP but if you're a real magic user, you have to handle that burden yourself. For the sake of everyone else. And in doing so you have to handle it responsibly, too
>>
>>17562045
>>>>>>""""""""""knowledge""""""""""">"">>">">"""">
>>
No I would not. Not even to build them up as a tool, I would not.
To my kids maybe, but no one else. It also lessen that power and as someone else said, it would create competition.
>>
>>17562050
What?
>>
>>17561573
>Would you?
No. I'd teach the few who were worth trusting. From there I'd slowly teach magic to everyone else.

Imagine the mindfuck on your face when you realize this is how I built the fairy realm, which already exists.
>>
>>17561670
>it is customary on 4chan for people to be rude
No it isn't. Shitposting is a form of affection you panderous dolt.
>>
>>17562188
please, tell me the actions and purposes of praying mantis
>>
>>17562195
>Shitposting is a form of affection
Out. Now.
>>
>>17561884
So... >>17558848

Your eyes are an abyss?
>>
>>17562003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15pOr1E6hvc

Part you're looking for is at 30 seconds.
>>
>>17561573
Little fireballs are nothing compared to our modern weaponry, so I see no harm in teaching one or two guys how to throw a fireball or two. These people would have to be suited for that responsibility though, death by fire is pretty horrible and you can't have a bunch of morons running around setting shit on fire.

Now if we are getting into more advanced stuff like summoning immortal demons from hell, creating realistic illusions or becoming a Lich who can raise the dead.... I think I'll keep that for myself.
>>
>>17562219
More techno-narcissism.

>We became gods! Even though we are functionally retarded now.
>MUH TECHNOLOBY!
>Somehow Idiocracy leads to the singularity
Fucking plebs. No.
>>
>>17561808
But I do have a family
>>
I would leave notes and passages explaining it but I wouldn't get up and "teach" magic, so no I guess.
>>
>>17562274
But I don't. Or rather what family I do have I would never teach or is incapable of or unwilling to learn or all of the above.
>>
>>17562235
>Idiocracy
Film has literally nothing to do with anything. That video or otherwise.
>>
>>17561573
You've reached the right conclusion
If there were anyone who knew "magic" why the fuck would they tell anyone else
>>
>>17561573

I'd make people pass a series of tests and trials and teach some things to the survivors.
>>
>>17562449
Even in a world where magic were widely known to exist, wizards would benefit from keeping the art secret.
>>
With the exception of a worthy pupil, no, no fucking way.
>>
>>17561808
But dude, how would you ever know they'd done anything? If they could do some real big shit, would you even be able to tell?
>>
>>17562602
Well, unless they decided to make a mediocre shithole, they haven't done shit. And you can do that without lifting a finger. Why the hell do you need magic to make water wet? Think.
>>
File: farrrrrrt.jpg (105KB, 491x500px) Image search: [Google]
farrrrrrt.jpg
105KB, 491x500px
>creating fireballs and shit
>>
>>17562609
So... their motives should by definition line up with yours?
>>
>>17562566
the secret is that all of them go to Hell lol
>>
>>17562649
I hear Hell is nice this time of year.
>>
>>17562639
What a retard. Let me put this more plainly, so even a moron like you can understand. If there ARE actually powerful wizards and they don't do shit, that's exactly like the deity issue. If they don't do shit, how is that different than if they didn't exist at all?
>>
>>17562652
Sure as hell is warmer than here.
>>
>>17562653
Are you implying that is doesn't matter if I exist or not?
>>
>>17562658
Why are you posting from Antarctica again?
>>
>>17562659
Are you doing anything to make AT LEAST Earth, to say nothing of the universe, less hellish? No? Then fuck off.

>>17562708
I'm not. Winter just won't end.
>>
>>17562731
>to say nothing of the universe, less hellish?
I think I am, yes. Obviously Earth isn't high on my favor list.
>>
>>17561927
you perceive it like that, but in the end is an incredibly complex system that has been there billions of years already. becoming more rich and beautiful as time passes
>>
>>17562762
>but in the end is an incredibly complex system that has been there billions of years already
Oh my goodness gracious, that must mean it's good. Now go down to the DMV and suck their dicks since you're so fond of the fucked up nature of the status quo.

Moron.
>>
>>17562731
My point was "why would a being that powerful give a shit what you want?"
>>
>>17562731
Be the change you wish to see, faggot.
>>
>>17562878
And my point was why should I give a shit about a being that worthless and ineffectual?

>>17562943
I'm one man fighting an entire universe and my own species is the enemy, saturated with the corrupting influence of evil and chaos.
>>
>>17562976
What are you even fighting for?
>>
>>17563044
Nothing anymore. I'm almost out of time and The Corruption won before I was born.

Thread's over. Nobody's getting trained. Ever.
>>
>>17563060
I wouldn't want you to be my teacher.

Honestly I don't think you have the chops.. at all.
>>
>>17563060
go tibet
they teach how to move huge boulders using only vibrations and the mind
the problem with super powers is that they slowly take your sanity away if you are not prepared for it.
>>
>>17563060
Learn to recognize a potential ally, jeez.
>>
Why are roleplayers so desperate for attention?
>>
>>17561884
You don't need to pray to any gods to use magick
>>
>>17563192
>trying to do magic without believing in yourself
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.
>>
>>17563391
stop shitposting on /x/
>>
>>17563391
praying to a god doesn't mean you do or don't believe in yourself. You are a stain upon humanity who fabricated bullshit about occult and posts it on a board where peolle try to learn about the paranormal. Fuck off
>>
>>17564070
>praying to a god doesn't mean you do or don't believe in yourself
Actually you're right. Sorry, I tend to deal with the most parasitic gods so I end up a little jaded on the matter.
>>
>>17564087
>>17564087
Why do you do this to us?
>>
>>17564223
Because the thread had the word "magic" in it. Also I've kind of made threads about this exact topic before. Numerous times. Suffice to say I care about the outcome of people learning magic on a large scale.
>>
no nigga thats my magic
>>
Sure at a cost of $1 million per lesson.
And obviously never teach them how to do it to its full potential.
>>
What was but a myth in your mind is in mine made up.
>>
>>17564458
Well, that was a trip. I'm done with sympathetic magic now. This is altogether too real for me.
>>
>>17561573
I would tell people on /x/ that I could do magic but would never provide evidence when asked.
>>
>>17564487
This
>>
>>17564234
Then why do you continuously make random bullshit up? This isn't a RP board.
>>
>>17564471
Too real? The Fairy Queen is a shit roleplayer that most people don't like
>>
File: EKA6gSW.png (369KB, 405x666px) Image search: [Google]
EKA6gSW.png
369KB, 405x666px
>>17561758
>>17561808
REAL magick is what I did to your mom last night
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.