[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oldest known statue dating back to 7000BC from modern day

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: duude weeed lmao.jpg (121KB, 1298x864px) Image search: [Google]
duude weeed lmao.jpg
121KB, 1298x864px
>oldest known statue dating back to 7000BC from modern day Jordan

They dont looks even slightly human
>>
>the first people to make statues weren't every good at it
shocking
>>
>>17556336
So it's impossible that the artist couldn't do photorealism or worked with a certain style. Nope, must be aliens.
>>
>>17556336
Never seen a person with large cheekbones before?
>>
>>17556336
environmental pressures cause gentle erosion over long periods of time, features that are not etched but instead shaped (like defining indents, hairline, cheek structure) will deteriorate over time.
>>
>>17556336
they look very human. I see two eyes, a nose, a mouth, arranged in the proper order, on a very human-shaped body.
>>
>>17556355
>>17556354
>>17556350
>>17556344
>>17556342
>those pupils

Im sure people of this time knew damn well how to draw a circle. in fact, im positive of it.
>>
Maybe the just thought it looked cool or they were stupid or something.

If I drew something like that right now are you telling me in 9,000 years they are going to make anything of it?

It was the first statue possibly, what about the other statues around the same time that came afterwards did they look normal?

Keep in mind this looks more like a human than anything else.
>>
>>17556369
Someone drew eyes weirdly? REPTOIDS!
>>
File: old.jpg (56KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
old.jpg
56KB, 400x600px
This statue is over 30,000 years old.
This one also doesn't confirm aliens.
>>
>>17556390
Alien cat people. There is no way ancient civilization had any imagination, after all.
>>
>>17556398
You're right! Why didn't I think about it like that?
>>
>>17556342
Dude a redneck with a knife would make better ones after a few years or months of practice.. this has to be something he made out of purpose OR this is how they looked.. Whoever he tried to build this figures after
>>
File: BEEP.jpg (155KB, 500x604px) Image search: [Google]
BEEP.jpg
155KB, 500x604px
>>17556390
fucking furries
>>
>>17556407
Could be that there was some kind of God or spirit with weird eyes in their religion, or that it's an exaggerated beauty standard.
You know how the Egyptiana drew important people much bigger than peasants and stuff? Didn't actually mean the pharaohs were literally giants.
>>
>>17556336
>They dont looks even slightly human
except for that they pretty much do
>>
>>17556336
They look white as fuck
>>
>>17556407
This just in: modern Japan must be crawling with weird humanoids with gigantic, deformed eyes, according to drawings and statuettes.
>>
File: image_1.jpg (126KB, 717x960px) Image search: [Google]
image_1.jpg
126KB, 717x960px
>>17556418
how could they know if this god had such eyes if these are more or less the first statues.. I mean not the first ever created but the earliest we know... that would mean there were older statues or a god with a body was actually there... or they got pictures..
but you know... big eyes.. no lips.. that nose... looks more like the typical grey than humans.. or a mix between a grey and a human
>>
File: thatshilarious.jpg (17KB, 221x195px) Image search: [Google]
thatshilarious.jpg
17KB, 221x195px
>>17556415
>>
>>17556437
Spooky ellipses, bro. Really mysterious.
Again, you're assuming that ancient civilizations must have lacked any kind of imagination.
>>
>>17556437
>there is no such thing as oral history

Okay.
>>
File: it's funny 'cause it's true.jpg (236KB, 455x648px) Image search: [Google]
it's funny 'cause it's true.jpg
236KB, 455x648px
>>17556440
>>
>>17556446

yeah thats what they have there made in stones, all over their temples so that someone could find it in a few thousand years..
if you go by that logic people will think about the marvel universe as we think about odin zeus etc...
and this won't work because you can't twist a time line around like you want it to be... these things today are build on stuff that already existed and evolved, like tales about gods and half gods and what not, like anime is based on other cartoons with a different twist on it.

If you assume they just build stuff out of their imagination then what is there imagination based on.
we got stone age style civilisations to this day and they don't build stuff like that it is either some kind of animal or something they have seen from us like that tribe in New Guinea who build telephones out of wood and such stuff.

so then explain how the first crafting humans who had to struggle to keep their fire burning also made up some kind of fantasy universe based on like another one said "oral history" you can't just imply we found exactly the one statue from a person who had to make a fantasy statue
>>
>>17556336
Yeah I made it. Took me two days. What do you wanna know
>>
>>17556487
They drew inspiration from nature, a lot of the time. Lots of early art show humans with animal features, like cat heads, lion bodies, bat wings etc. Or in this case, cat eyes. Does this mean animals are aliens?
>>
>>17556369
Didn't notice the shape really, I've been told though that really inbred humans get diamond shaped pupils.
>>
>>17556525
cats or reptils.. which would fit into other ancient stuff where people depicted reptil people as our gods who walk on earth with us.
reptils would fit better because they also got no lips.
these are definitely not human mouth's.
come on, even a primitive humans could figure out how a mouth looks.. and as you see here
>>17556390
when they go cat then in a way you see a cat.
this is a good example how they made a cat humanoid where i could believe it was made out of imagination because it looks like a cat just standing upright but it has all the features.. that is how i would imagine imaginary cat people
>>
>>17556572
You spend too much time on YouTube.
>>
>>17556572
>no lips
What is erosion?
Also the ancient aliens stuff is pretty racist, if you think about it. It's all just this idea thst there is no way someone who isn't European could ever have done anything creative or figured out engineering on their own.
>>
Maybe children made them, hence their shitness.

I doubt many people ITT could make a better sculpture.
>>
>>17556581
there are reptoid style statues from Mesopotamia in museums.
>>
>>17556587
the mouth is a fucking line there don't come with that fucking erosion shit.
then tell us why there is color left in the eyes smart-ass, where was your erosion there?
>>
>>17556594
There are also statues of dragons, gryphons and such in museums. Dragons must be real then.

>Inb4 dinosaurs
>>
>>17556601
Because someone drew them there later, dipshit. It's called restoration.
>>
>>17556593
and children made this smooth facial features to right?
Everyone with like 3 months experience could make a more or less normal looking face..
building these sort of things with a knive is a hobby from many people and it isn't that hard with some practice
>>
>>17556593
This. There's no mystery here, just one kid who desperately wants aliens to be everywhere.
>>
>>17556606
there are south american temples who got pictures of dinosaurs, and that means another culture had something to build their dragons on
>>
>>17556612
nobody draws shit on such old statues thats not how this stuff works. they would make a new one and since we don't know more about it its the same bs as screaming erosion erosion
>>
>>17556622
the drawings were on pottery and were later revealed as a hoax
>>
>>17556615
The artist had much shittier tools than today, and he didn't have a several millenia worth of knowledge about sculpting methods to fall back on. And again, you assume that he must have tried to be as realistic as post be, because there sure are no cases of stylized art in human history. You're making a lot of big logical jumps, because you want to come to a certain conclusion you decided on beforehand. That's not science.
>>
THE D E S P A I R C O D E
>>
>>17556638
*citation need
>>
>>17556622
Those were debunked as hoaxes the moment an actual archeologist had a look at them.
>Inb4 reptilian cover-up
>>
>>17556643
>he didn't have knowled of sculpting methods
>he clearly went for a stylized art for his sculpting
yeah.
>>
>>17556653
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ac%C3%A1mbaro_figures

>Man, google is haaard to use!

>>17556660
How does those contradict each other? It's not uncommon at all that artists develop their own styles.
>>
>>17556615
How would you carve this better 9000 years ago with stone tools? In 3 months you'd have fucking claw hand from hitting stone on stone.

C'mon then Rolf, how would you do it?
>>
>>17556660
>knowled
Kek
>>
>>17556665
>cites wikipedia
I'm starting to believe you are autistic.
>>
You're all ignoring what minimal fucking tools these people had. You had a rock or a stick, that's it.
>>
>>17556369

Wow, its almost like they were exercising some artistic liberty.
>>
>>17556601
>Why would something that's in a recess be less worn than the rest of the statue?

Is this kid for real?
>>
>>17556336
So the ancient aliens were anime people?
>>
File: 3BC5DU3.jpg (16KB, 970x507px) Image search: [Google]
3BC5DU3.jpg
16KB, 970x507px
>>17556620
or /x/ who are so special and know eveeything that they have to discredit everything what they didn't made up in their own mind to be true.
aliens is just one fucking possibility but you guys cry and fight about everything that you totally know it can't be true it is ridiculous..
If you fucking virgins with your tulpas know so damn much about everything then how come there a secrets left at all?
Shouldn't universities be at your ball 24/7 because your fucking comments are so damn smart.
You guys discredit everything the goverment itself couldn't even present us anything because you wouldn't believe nothing.. because you already know everything..
they find different species of humans from time to time and ALSO what the fuck is your problem even if it really was an alien :D
the grey or lam characteristics are in our history from South american ayahuasca shamans to crowley and there even is a church from the middle ages where a holy person is painted with a fuckin grey head..

/x/ is like the most depressed paranormal mystery board and it's not my fault that you guys lives are boring because you guys yourself are the boring part in it

whatever, i won't disturb you guys not having fun anymore..
>>
>>17556672
Cool buzzword.

It's hard to find any other sources for these, because the only people who even paid any attention to them are Young Earth creationists.
>>
>>17556703
Oh come on, don't cry just because not even /x/ are buying your bullshit. And we believe in freaking pixies and demons, so that says something.
>>
I want to see the photorealistic, Michelangelo tier statues OP's made with stone age tools.
>>
>>17556696
Anime people are proof of reptilian aliens, according to OP's logic.
>>
File: 1449415868984.gif (1MB, 350x272px) Image search: [Google]
1449415868984.gif
1MB, 350x272px
>>17556336
We didnt even have a good handle on sculpting by the end of the roman empire. It took the Greeks like half their civilizations span to understand just the basics of how the human body balances weight between the waist and shoulders. its hard stuff OP.
>>
>>17556369
>>17556407
>>17556437
>>17556487
>>17556572
>>17556615
>>17556622

You guys understand that basic metal tooling and sculpting methods were still being perfected, right? You don't start seeing actual real to life statues until post Itallic tribe eras and the mid Hellenic era. If you don't have tools that will precisely cut stone or plane a surface, you're going to have a difficult time making organic shapes. If anything, why aren't you guys asking how they got the tools? What if alieums and jesuses gave them iron tools?
>>
>>17556705
I agree. Nice to see you didn't get rustled not really serious here just afternoon shitposting at work.
>>
File: 1449597544944.jpg (43KB, 277x296px) Image search: [Google]
1449597544944.jpg
43KB, 277x296px
>>17556336
>Sculpture has eyes, nose, mouth forehead, jaw line, neck, shoulders, and all are relatively proportional.
>Doesn't look even slightly human.
>>
>>17556739
And imagine trying to do that with fucking stone tools. It's honestly pretty impressive that the artist managed to make these recognizable as humans, considering the circumstances. Remember, this was back when art was mostly stick figures drawn or cut into rock.

Also remember that while stone remains for a long time, there must have been tons of figurines and statues carved out of wood (which is a much easier material to work with) that are lost forever due to, well, them being made of wood.
>>
>>17556744
It's cool, I recognize standard playful 4chan shitposting when I see it. OP's a genuine idiot, those are much more annoying.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 173x292px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 173x292px
>>17556739
Yeah i agree, its not just coincidence all Egyptian statues looked like this.
>>
>>17556743
>You guys
Pretty sure it's just one person. The writing style is that distinctive.

Come to think of it, the lack of punctuation and the poor grammar must be a sign of alien influences, there's no way he'd do it otherwise. Right?
>>
>>17556437
duh but how did Tolkein describe orcs if he hadn't seen dem before that means he must ahve been too mordor!!!
>>
>>17556771
You're right, it's all an orc cover-up!
WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!
>>
I miss OP. He was fun to play with.
>>
>>17556342
They could build perfect pyramids tho
>>
>>17556870
That was a lot later. And there's nothing supernatural about really good engineers and mathematicians.

>inb4 buh buh there's no way people who aren't white europeans could ever figure out how to organize themselves and follow a plan!
>>
Is there a single one of you morons who has any college level education?

Post-schematics AKA Lowenfeld. These dirt-fucking primates didn't get farther into realism because they didn't need to and nobody had developed it to any effective, adpoted level before.
Western art was copies of copies until the Enlightenment and the cosmopolitan countries of the occidental world globally connected and had havens for dissident stylistic changes that weren't consumed and destroyed by the superstratum art society like the guilds. Superstar artists also pushed the boundaries of style and the backwater gradually caught up in a fast rising curve.
>>
>>17556888
WE
>>
>>17556870
Almost 5000 years later. Also that doesn't require precise anatomical detail, it requires cutting and stacking big rocks.
>>
>>17556336
Nor you OP
>>
>>17556910
It's literally just a single idiot who think that art that isn't perfectly realistic is caused by aliens, calm down. The rest of the thread is just people trying to explain to him that he's not making any sense.
>>
>>17556956
And a highly organized society with agriculture, so you can have a bunch of guys build stuff for you, instead of spending most of your time hunting or traveling. Which the Egyptians had.
>>
>>17556336
>they dont looks even slighly human
are you blind they look exactly like people. They have eyes extremely similar to votive statues from Mesopotamia, and their noses and mouths are undeniably humanoid
>>
>>17556369
>what is artistic stylization
>>
>>17556912
WILL ROCK YOU
>>
>>17556336

beneduct cucumbersnatch
>>
>>17556390
The felines came first but then the reptilians arrived and genocided them. Duh.
>>
>>17556870

>pyramids
>7000 BC

Considering how obsessed /x/ is with the ancients, I'd think they'd know jack-shit about history.
>>
>>17557645
Nobody who knows shit about history believes in ancient aliens.
>>
>>17556587
It's not racist just retarded and it's been debunked.
>>
>>17557731
It's both, really.
>>
File: 75443.png (18KB, 251x547px) Image search: [Google]
75443.png
18KB, 251x547px
>>17557739
Just look this stuff up and you'll see how a gullible person can really believe it was aliens or levitation. It's not due to racism
>>
>>17557793
What I'm saying is, a lot of "alternative historians" etc seem to find it's impossible that brown people could accomplish anything, without any specific reason. See also the whole kontiki bullshit.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.