[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ what do I read to redpill myself on hermeticism and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: hermes_trismegistus_cut.jpg (178KB, 522x720px) Image search: [Google]
hermes_trismegistus_cut.jpg
178KB, 522x720px
/x/ what do I read to redpill myself on hermeticism and how do I into alchemy??
>>
>>17548568
runescape manual
>>
>>17548568
go learn chemistry instead, learn something useful instead.
>>
>>17548769
This. The only people involved in that kind of shit only do so to appear mysterious and deep when in reality they aren't much different from anyone else.
>>
>>17548769
Fools shouldn't be so eager to voice their opinions.
>>
>>17548777
Divine trips have spoken...
>>
>>17548568
read Jung.

man and his symbols
psychology and alchemy
the red book
>>
>>17548769
>>17548777
The facebook generation strikes again.
>>
>>17548794
this. also marie-louise von franz researched alchemy widely. yet to read her works though, but the jungian take on alchemy mixes superbly well with generic general western magic
>>
>>17548568
to better grasp franz bardon's take on hermetics, i heartily recommend the writings of rawn clark
http://abardoncompanion.de/Corresp-Links.html
this is a good place to start, he also has fascinating things to say about kabbala elsewhere on the same site
>>
Just wanted to thank everyone who posted a serious reply!!

>>17548769
>>17548777
Yeah I'm more interested in the metaphysical/spiritual aspect of Hermeticism...comparing alchemy as a whole to chemistry is like comparing Christians as a whole to those "Christian scientist" people who deny modern medicine, it's a really short-sighted view
>>
>>17549450
OP here btw
>>
Hey, I've been studying for a few years now. Drop me an gmail sometime if you want to chat about Hermetics/Alchemy. 0ne.L07e zero-n-e.-L-zero-seven-e
>>
>>17548568
The Hermetic Tradition: Symbols and Teachings of the Royal Art by Evola
And the related books of Guenon
>>
>>17548568
I recommend anyone (not exactly Hermeticism, more of a Jungian perspective) to read Daimonic Reality by Patrick Harpur. Here's a link to it:
http://bookzz.org/md5/554cf63bade39b475661a3939859248b
>>
>>17549665
This is the only correct answer ITT. Anything written after the 18th century is suspicious and anything written during and after the 20th century has 99.99% chance of being complete trash. The difference with Evola and Guenon is that they try as much as possible to don't make stuff up and refer the reader back t the oldest sources. So why not just read the oldest sources then? Well good luck with that. They are written in code and we have lost the key to decipher. Again what Evola and Guenon do is this. Their hypothesis is that any given esoteric tradition, in order to be true, must not diverge from the consensus found in the esoteric traditions of the other world religions, which they call the perennial philosophy. Therefore it is correct to utilize one authentic esoteric tradition as an exegetical tools to interpret another. And in this way the hidden meaning of alchemy is revealed.

What modern authors do is that they either make stuff up or provide their own personal subjective interpretation or use traditions that are ilegitimate such as 19th and 20th century occultism.
>>
>>17548769
Congrats on the utterly foolish reply. Now get out of /x/, you science worshipping degenerate.
>>
Jesus was an alchemist
Water to wine
Blood to wine
Body to bread
>>
>>17548769
Why not both?

I can know that copper is a female metal and friends with the sun and mercury and the moon.

I can know that gold conducts 100% of electricity, and that it's representative of the sun, which can penetrate nothingness with it's radience.

I can know that breathing mercury fumes is bad, unlike old-school alchemists.

We all do alchemy though. Transmutation happens through chemical processes, but chemicals in my experience do have a personality. We just generally need some nitrogen to help them communicate to us, and sometimes they are just too dangerous, period.

We all go through alchemical changes.
As we are born we are like the moon. We are invairably drawn to it rather than other points in the sky as children and infants.

Then we start trying to find that one weird glowing star as we age.

When we're old we move to somewhere warm and coz if we can afford it, because our bones are stiff and heavy like gold.
>>
>>17548568
The Kybalion
/thread
>>
>>17550603
For a begginer i will still suggest to read modern alchemists books from late 90's and 00's because there was a lot of improvement. It's a good way to start with something simple just to picture the whole subject.
>>
>>17551588

Jesus is the Capstone of the Great Work.

He came to give us the Grail which is the fruit of the tree of life.

The Bread of Long Living and the Elixir of Life.

At the last supper he preformed a transmutation, you know it as the transubstantiation.
>>
File: Hermes.jpg (2MB, 3564x2097px) Image search: [Google]
Hermes.jpg
2MB, 3564x2097px
Hermetiscism is the teaching of Hermes.

Hermes was the god known to the Greeks as Hermes.

But Hermes was known to the Romans as the God Mercury, and to the Egyptians as Thoth or Tuhuti.

He is an Anunnaki, a son of Ea Enki, known as Ningishzidda to the Sumerians.

His symbol is the Caducuous. The Snake coiled on a rod which represents our DNA.

The Anunna gods are the same as the Archons.

They were the Lords and Rulers who came down from 'heaven'
>>
>>17551982

Hermes Thrice Great, AKA: Thoth was the god of Hermopolis.

Hermopolis was a city in Egypt.

In this city the Eightfold were also worshiped, these were the Ogdoad. They were serpent or reptile gods like Kek.
>>
File: last-supper6.jpg (28KB, 653x250px) Image search: [Google]
last-supper6.jpg
28KB, 653x250px
>>17551975

The 'Lords' of the garden dont want us to have the Fruit of Life but Jesus does...

Genesis 3:22

Then the LORD God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of us in knowing good and evil. Now, lest he reach out his hand and take also of the tree of life and eat, and live forever—”

Sumerian Tablet

Now the last bits of our life essence to these creatures you have given,
To be like us in procreation knowing, perchance our life cycles on them to bestow!
Thus did Enlil with angry words speak.
Enki Ninmah and Ningishzidda summoned, with words Enlil to pacify.
My lord Enlil! Ningishzidda was saying. Knowing for procreation they were given,
The branch of Long Living, to their essence tree was not!

message from Enki to Anu:
Adapa by my seed to an Earthling woman was born! So did the message from Enki say.
Likewise was Titi by another Earthling woman of my seed conceived.
With wisdom and speech they are endowed; with Nibiru's long lifetime they are not.
The bread of long-living he should not eat, the elixir of long life he should not drink.
To live and die on Earth Adapa must return, mortality his lot must be,
By the sowing and shepherding by his offspring on Earth satiation shall be!
>>
My brothers, the Eucharist is the Philosopher Stone.

It comes it two forms, the white and the red.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.