[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to sound stupid, but since I was 8 there has been a large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (102KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 336x480px
Going to sound stupid, but since I was 8 there has been a large white cat roaming my area. Roughly the size of a goat. I live in the south east of Queensland Australia. One night me and my mother were on our balcony (it's raised above the ground by about 4 meters or so) and we saw this huge white animal walk straight past our goats, it wasn't a goat, had a tail that touched the ground, and walked like a cat. Stories in my area say it's a surviving Tasmanian tiger, but this thing is white//grey, and BIG. I've had about 4 sightings in my property, along with family members even seeing it. Any opinions on what it could be? I know for a fact it's not a Tasmanian Tiger.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>17547006
It must be an unknown species
>>
>>17547013
Do you know how extremely rare it is to find new species of large mammals?
>>
>>17547013
OP here, My mother recalls saying she saw the exact same animal but in New Zealand at a train crossing. I don't know why it hasn't been "discovered".
>>
Classic case of ABC.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantom_cat
>>
>>17547026
OP here, on that page it lists my area. I'm guessing it's some sort of feral cat that has.. "Grown"?
>>
>>17547020
Nobody knows, but it's a relatively common phenomenon. You are definitely not the only one seeing big cats when they shouldn't be. Nobody knows why they show up, and it's never been proven. Look up Alien Big Cats.
>>
>>17547033
Your guess is as good as anybody else's. That's what makes it a mystery: nobody knows.
>>
>>17547045
I still don't get how it's undocumented. These things are the sizes of tigers etc etc.
>>
>>17547050
People have tried for many decades, all over the world. But there's never been any good evidence, and none of the cats have been caught or killed (at least it's never been proven). Why? I have no idea. But they're cryptids for a reason. Maybe they're actually other, native animals thst got misidentified. Maybe they're really elusive. Maybe they're supernatural. Who knows.
It's cool that you saw one, in either case. You should report it to people who research these things, they'll be interested in your sighting.
>>
>>17547006
Hunting rifle might solve this problem.
>>
>>17547086
Good luck with that. People have been trying to shoot one of these things for many, many years, without much luck.
>>
>>17547086
OP here, grand parents live a couple hundred meters down the road, he spotted it and sat out with his rifle all day and night. He's been hunting all his life and never saw something like it
>>
http://www.australianbigcats.com/?m=1
>>
>>
First time I've heard of a white ABC, though.
>>
>>17547006
>>17547072
>>17547086
>>17547090
>>17547094

> possible surviving member of a previous extinct species
> HUR SO YER I TRIED TO SHOOT IT WIT MUH RAIFU N KEEL IT DEAD

fucking retards

no like seriously, what the fuck goes through your mind when the first thing that you do when you see and interesting new creature is try to kill it

not a troll or edgy just genuinely fucking perplexed
>>
>>17547423
They're goat farmers out in the bush, what do you expect?
>>
>>17547426
Same species as the rest of us are they not? so common sense, maybe a splash of scientific curiosity, coupled with humanity and intrigue, you think the first thing most renaissance explorers did upon discovering a new moth was crush it? maybe I have too much faith in this species of ours
>>
>>17547443
Your trading comprehension is absolute shit, amigo.
>>
>>17547451
*reading
I'm tired. My point still stands, though.
>>
>>17547423
So you can investigate it and potentially present an actual specimen to science instead of an anecdote
>>
>>17547456
Looks like I got caught in a thread of people who know fuck all about science, but then again I am in /x/
>>
>>17547464
Dude, killing new animals is alpha and omega for explorers.
>>
>>17547470
If you are being correct, sketching, observing then capturing is alpha and omega for explorers
>>
>>17547488
And every goat farmer in Australia is an educated zoologist, of course.
>>
>>17547464
It's fun to act like everyone is totally oblivious and ignorant of some obvious thing that your privy to but it's not very convincing. If there was really something invalid about what I said you would have pointed it out, you're just being weird about this.

Note that I'm not actually advocating the killing of rare animals, I'm explaining a logical motive for it. I wouldn't kill an animal for this reason, personally, I'm just not going to be senselessly dramatic about someone else trying to.
>>
>>17547488
"Excuse me, science headquarters, I've found a new species of big cat in Australia! I swear, I saw it!"
"I don't believe you"
"No really here's a sketch"
"Wow that really does look like a big cat. Hey, here's a net, go catch it so we can observe it. You're skilled and qualified enough to do that."
"Gee thanks Mr Science I'll be right on it!"
"Good luck, don't let it maul you!"
>>
>>17547632
He's an idiot, just ignore him.
>>
File: 1459553851609.gif (2MB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
1459553851609.gif
2MB, 300x369px
>>17547753
This needs to be made a comic...
>>
>>17547835
then make one, faggot
>>
>>17547873
Im a bad drawer bitch.
>>
File: 1429618564294.jpg (62KB, 1424x801px) Image search: [Google]
1429618564294.jpg
62KB, 1424x801px
>>17547899
"cat"
>>
>>17547006
>SE QLD
where ya from anon? I'd be down for hunting this
>>
File: 1444000689429.jpg (6KB, 217x150px) Image search: [Google]
1444000689429.jpg
6KB, 217x150px
>>17547006
Another queensland rural guy here
had 1 sheep eaten to shit and keep finding cat like paw prints roughly the size of a mastiff or dane size
horses and sheep been increasingly spooked as of late
trees near dam on property have been torn up like a scratching post upto a metre and a half from the base of the trees
>mfw council told me its probs just wild dogs and to maybe use baits
I aint never seen a feral dog turn a foot thick tree into a used up scratching post
>>
>>17548340
Will get photos of prints and trees come sun up if I remember
>>
>>17547988
ayy meeaaoo
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.