[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna hear about some duende stories from some latino x/philes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 45

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
I wanna hear about some duende stories from some latino x/philes, these guys are pretty interesting. I'd like to hear some stories from you bros.
>>
Bùmpé
>>
>>17546378
Source of the vid?
>>
>>17547105
La bumpá
>>
File: btr.jpg (69KB, 599x449px) Image search: [Google]
btr.jpg
69KB, 599x449px
>a part of my family are from the countryside (Campo, en español)
>They all live in a small town near the mountains and a sort of plains combined with forest.
>my cousins were enjoying the countryside near they town.
>in the place where they hang out, there is(or was) a shitty old "colonial" house.
>time goes by, and most of they are drunk and everyone is inside the house
>the thing is that someone wants to take a shit or pee, they have to left the house because the bathroom its outside(pic related).
>one of the girls goes to the bathroom.
>when she was outside, everyone hears a scream and run outside.
>my cousing(the one what was in the bathroom) is freaked because something opened the door while she was peeing
>describes that thing as an old midget man with a spooky smile, white beard
>everyone is freaked out because that´s what we call a "duende"
>they get inside the house
>when everyone is inside, they start to hear steps outside
>suddenly no more steps and that thing is running towards the house now
>they started hearing more of those thing running outside the house
>absolute fear and now they are praying
>no one sleeps that night and never returns to that house

sorry for my english im from chile and this could be the worst green text ever.
Duendes are part of the local myth of the people who lives in the "Campo"
>>
>>17547473
that's what y'all get for drinking that knock-off shit chilean "pisco" bro
>>
>>17547161
It's a joke, intentionally cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lsG3rSopE
>>
>>17547549
oh here we go
>>
There are bad duendes and good duendes, both of them are annoying according to my culture.
There are many ways to get rid off those things. They hate human poop (not kidding) so if a duende is haunting one of your people you have to place shit behind the victim´s bed. The duende will smell the shit, and will run away from your house
There is another way in case of the duende is copying all your movements (Duendes are also naughty/witty). In this case you have to pretend that you are going to eat horse shit or any kind of shit. So the duende will eat that shit then rage and never returns.
>>
its super scary when the gnome alien starts dancing
>>
I live in the north of Argentina, near the border with bolivia, (fuck bolivianos) grandma and sisters lived in a very far away área, day and a half by horse to get to their house. Someday a fucking stone hit the house after they arrived from the city, from that day, non stop stoning to the fucking house and anyone coming near the house, men of the house, start firing at the forest, nothing, doggos didnt do shit, like if it wasnt something bad, only in the middle of cattle found peace, calles priest, didnt even go, the all became sick from the stress after thre months of day and night stoning. Someday old woman came, picked up a stone and Said "duende es", drank some mate and went alone to the woods speaking like she was telling off a kid, "yo te voy a enseñar que andes apedreando donde hay chicos", im gonna teach you a lesson, throwing stones at children sort of translation, inmediatly stops, woman comes back, doesnt want money, some more mate and goes. My grande told me this story, i asked her sister without telling her what she had told me, exact same story...
>>
>>17548881
oh god, arg fag too, duende stories are very common in argentina, my grandma was from Misiones and she was kidnapped by a duende when she went to buy something to the grocery shop , she just remember a whistle and then nothing, she was found inside a tree by th cops several hours later.
>>
>>17549852
So do you think they are real? is this video fake?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plsXtHu9kn8
I've seen a lot of duende's videos and this seem to be true
>>
>>17546378
grew up in a primarily Mexican neighborhood in southern california, there were a lot of older Mexicans living there... old farmers and ranchers from the rural areas.

Those guys have some crazy stories of weird shit.... giant spiders, dogs made of gold, witches dancing on roof tops
>>
only two duendes I heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqB4FSettTI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0D_-HdAig8
>>
>>17547473
We appreciate your story! Your English is actually quite good, I didn't even notice any errors, despite being a total stickler for grammar and such.
>>
>>17550206
>giant spiders, dogs made of gold, witches dancing on roof tops
If you remember any details, all of those sound interesting.
>>
My stepmother has many stories from my country.
>In the countryside, rural people don't talk about "duendes", they believe more in natural powers, those they understand, and those they don't understand.
>They would hardly call it the devil, unless some priest is around.
>Also, in the countryside you really need to walk A LOT to arrive to small villages and towns. From three hours to ten or even more.
>They also have some rules, we city guys don't get it. One of these is you don't walk in desolate routes at certain hours, mostly since 12 midnight until the sun rises.
>This is common sense. You can be attacked by thieves or animals. But also, by the "nature" itself.
[cont]
>>
>>17550567
>Nature itself is not mean, but can be more dangerous when you are alone, or if you are not strong enough. Is more about energy and strange entities.
>My stepmother went to visit some friend in one of those lost villages. She traveled by foot carrying her baby daughter on her back.
>Few days after, she decided to go back to her own village.
>Her friend tried to convince her to stay, but she thought "it was not that early, but early enough".
>This means, it wasn't that early so she could walk on the more used route and probably would arrive to the most solitary one after four in the morning.
>The route she needed to do was a rural path with many curves bordering a small cliff.
>Be my stepmother.
>Starts to walk the solitary route at 3 a.m.
>Well, is just one hour until the sun arises, I can walk, it looks secure.
>The world is awakening.
>Suddenly, she feels a deep terror. She start to tremble but keeps walking.
[cont]
>>
>>17550571
>Her baby seems stiff, like she is frightened she doesn't even dare to cry.
>The rural path is just for two people by foot, and probably she was the only one who has walked in it the entire week.
>Suddenly, stepmother realise not even bugs are making noise. Not even the air.
>She is about to turn around the curve.
>And then she almost bumps into the most strange creature she has ever seen.
>Now she talks to me about it, you can feel how uncomfortable she feels to try to describe it.
>It was a three meters human "male", covered in darkness, not black clothes, and with a face she really doesn't dare to describe that much.
>She perceived danger, but not evilness. And fear, a pure fear.
>But she remembers his eyes. And how his long figure looked at her.
>She stepped back, lost a sandal and run until she go back to her friend's house.
>Days later, she went back to the same road, but at a good hour, and even found her sandal in the exact place.
>Never dared to walk during "bad hours" again.
>>
>>17550201
Who cares about the duende? I'm more interested in that qt latino trap there. Yum.
>>
Aafff too lazy to type from my cellphone, please keep thread alive and tomorrow i will tell you a few things about duendes y hadas (fairies)
Im from Chile, you will always see them in rural areas mostly because their are part of the nature
>>
>>17548809
fucking lmao Argies and their poop-based sorcery.
>>
in the family bussiness we used to have an old caretaker and he would say that there were 2 duendes in the office that moved stuff around, he retired and died but some years later we used to find stuff moved or in a diffent place from where we left it, then we moved to another building some 10 years ago and things stop moving
>>
>>17547473
english is good
>>
>>17547473
you just need to step outside and shout: "go away duende y la ctm"
and problem solved. for real.
like 150% satisfaction guaranteed (50% because sometimes you scare another duende that was half the heigh of the one scaring you)
and im not shitin you, im from Chile too
>>
File: 1447303367140.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1447303367140.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>17550844
lol
>>
bump for potential stories
>>
gringo bump. tell us more plz
>>
File: image.jpg (1013KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1013KB, 2592x1936px
My dad told as story about how he heard duendes once when he was a child.
His family lives on the edge of the town, after that it is all farms, and in there house they have a giant concrete tub called a "pila" that is used to hold water for washing dishes and taking showers (pic related).

>be dad
>dad is kid
>he is sleeping
>he shares his room with his 3 other brothers
>one night he wakes up because he hear's splashing coming from the pila
>sounds like voices are talking, but can't understand the langauge
>he decides to investigate
>walking towards the door
>the door is big, metal and rusty
>tries to open it but makes a load clunk
>his brothers wakes up and asks where he's going
>says he hears someone at the pila
>oldest brother opens the door slowly
>aims flashlight at pila
>sees nothing
>they turn on the all the lights and check the pila
>water everwhere and little wet footprints
>get spooked
>they go back to their room and lock the door
>>
My grandma once told me that her cousin had seen a deunde when she was young, she lived in santiago (the poorest province in the country) and her cousin was in the backyard, then he started running and screaming el duende, el duende" after that he was shocked and didn't talk for a week. When he calmed down, he told her family he saw small guy (1,20cm more or less) with a coat and a big hat. He also said that the duende had a hand black and the other white, and it called him with the white hand
Sorry for bad grammar
>>
>>17552055
Thanks for sharing duendecillo
>>
Fake and gay
>>
>>17547105
>>17547198
los kek
>>
File: 6b5.jpg (39KB, 600x404px) Image search: [Google]
6b5.jpg
39KB, 600x404px
>>17548809
Top jaja
>>
>>17549852
>misiones
>whistling
Pombero confirmed
>>
>>17550579
Nice one
>>
>>17550206
Cuenta las historias
>>
>>17547473 here
Didnt even remember that the word "rural" its more captative than countryside in this case.
Back in home i will try to tell you guys more rural area related stories.
>>
File: 1424786640921.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1424786640921.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>17548809
>>
>>17548809
> In this case you have to pretend that you are going to eat horse shit or any kind of shit. So the duende will eat that shit then rage and never returns.
Lost
>>
>when I was growing up
>we live in the patagonia in very tiny city
>after school we go out and play football in a field near some of the houses
>there are some trees on the other side
>this day there were only 8 of us so we play football with 4 on each faction
>a little man up to the knee runs out from the trees, he wears a very big hat and a long coat
>he moves so fast it is impossible
>we are very scared and we run to my friends house
>after a few weeks we play start to play football there once more
>never see the little man again
>>
File: pomberin.jpg (50KB, 300x326px) Image search: [Google]
pomberin.jpg
50KB, 300x326px
is wise to think that most myths like this originated around deformed isolated tribes of inbreeds or outcast
>>
File: Cuckedrupi.png (2MB, 1024x976px) Image search: [Google]
Cuckedrupi.png
2MB, 1024x976px
this one looks menacing, fucking Guaranies natives, how can a white man compete with that
>>
>>17553536
Ah, good ol' ropedick.
>>
File: IMG_20160406_195508_771.jpg (84KB, 480x538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160406_195508_771.jpg
84KB, 480x538px
Find the duende
>>
>>17553581
But anon, YOU are the duende.
>>
>>17553488
Yup. That looks exactly like a naked unwashed midget with rickets smoking a cigar.
>>
chullachaqui
el tunche
>>
>be from Peru, Ayacucho
>be on the countryside playing with my brother
>something appears before us
>his skin is like wood, hair thick but clean, his cloth is just bright and shiny but his eyes are entirely black and his height could not be more that 40cm
>my brothers pulls me his way and takes my arm
> the duende starts talking "Don't worry kidd. I'm just bored and want to play with you" while grinning
>My brother shouts we don't want to and that he should leave
> Duende takes out a green coins and says "I'm gonna bet these kido and each grants you a wish"
> my brother responds "¿and what could you possibly want from us?"
> the duende starts "you will give me 3 bottles of wine that your parents keeps for each coin"
>We looked at each other and said deal as the game started
>we played canicas. For those of you that don't know you draw a circle and have to throw the balls on the circle with yours
>we played and played until a wauu resounded
>me and my brother look and saw our dog growling at the duende
>he just stood up and said "well I think we played enough for now but someday we will settle this kids" took all the thing in his pockets and said "i will keep these until then"
>When my brother and I and the dog returned at the house we found out 4 days had passed and all the village was looking for us
>we told what happened and were beaten because we did not listen

This happens a lot here /x/ kids just dissapear and the news and government say is because of traffic of children and that bullshit but in the sierra we know it's because of duendes they mess up your sense of time and space and lure you with their wealth
I have returned each year to that village on summer but each time I just leave 3 wine bottles with my brother and ask to wait a little longer until we are old
>>
Not duendes related, but here we go.

>My dad was raised in a rural area in Linares, Chile.
>He always get goosebumps when he tell me the story about "El alamo guacho" (The lonely poplar).
>The "alamo guacho" was a tree in the middle of nothing,
>That tree didnt have any leafs, so it was spooky as shit as he told me.
>Every day when he came back of school, he made his way to his house avoiding the "alamo guacho" (It was near to his house)
>One day he walks at night because he was playing soccer with his friends,
>He can´t even see his way home (The night was dark and full of terrors)
>Suddenly he saw 2 red dots in the middle of nothing.
>There´s another myth about hidden treasures that have strange lights above to help people find them.
>My dad aproaches to the red dots.
>He notices that he´s on front of the alamo guacho.
>He hears a growl
>The red dots was the eyes of something like a dog but 2 times bigger.
>NOPE
>My dad run his way back to his house
>Cant stop hearing the roar every step closer to him
>Now he made to his house.
>Tell his grandpa about this and the alamo guacho.
>His grandpa freaks out, tell my father that some people were saying that the devil could appear behind that tree.
>He never returned home late.

Some people in the rural areas identify the devil, as Satan itself. Its pretty weird and i can tell you that people in rural areas are very catholic since everytime.
>>
>>17547473
pulento
>>
>>17554028
No, fag. That's from a compilation of folk tales. Rural people don't believe in duende shit, don't insult them with your shit.
>>
el bumpo
>>
File: Could-be-a-crackhead.png (7KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
Could-be-a-crackhead.png
7KB, 178x178px
>>17547613
Looks like a leprechaun to me
>>
>>17550668
Yah she got no tits wtf
>>
>>17548809
Top Caca
>>
File: ELDUENDEVIENEAPORMIIIIIIIIIIII.png (426KB, 851x362px) Image search: [Google]
ELDUENDEVIENEAPORMIIIIIIIIIIII.png
426KB, 851x362px
Someone told me this history:
>Be two pot head dudes
>Stoned as fuck
>Listen something babling outside
>They go outside and they see a small creature running around and babling
>Nope.mp4
>They go inside and hide
>The creature starts slaming the door like crazy
>They decide to capture the creature using a blanket
>They succed and lock the thing inside a cupboard
>They call the police
>The police comes and examines the cupboard
> Inside the cupboard there was a kid two or three years old criying
>They got fined for drug abuse
According to the history this guys actualy called the police saying:
WE CAPTURED THE DUENDE WE HAVE IT
>It turns out the kid was lost and wanted help
>>
The only time duendes have been talked about was when I was about 4 years old and my mom told me the story about how her sister got grabbed my some because she was acting up. DESU I feel like she was just telling me that so I'd stop being a shit but either way
>>
>>17547473
FLORINDO ANDA EL SENDO DUENDE AFUERA
>>
>>17556053
Top fucking kek
>>
File: 1449782032782.png (16KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1449782032782.png
16KB, 746x982px
>>17553536
that' some good r34 material there
>>
File: aluxes.gif (61KB, 351x387px) Image search: [Google]
aluxes.gif
61KB, 351x387px
>>17546378
Not duende, but when I was in Yucatan this old milpa farmer told me about his Aluxob experiences. He said rocks would be thrown at him and that they would yell at him. He told me their sole goal was to scare people. Aluxob sound like assholes. Like what he described sounded like kids messing around but he was adamant that they were aluxob. the maya are very superstitious
>>
I've told this story before in another duende thread.

>grandma just delivered youngest uncle a couple days ago
>goes home finally and is alone(rare since she has like 6-7 kids and my grandpa)
>takes a nap on the couch
>she forgot to shut the front door the whole way
>she wakes up to see a very small blue man trying to get uncle out of her hands
>it takes off with uncle towards door but she grabs him back
>she runs into the bedroom and locks the door
>its yelling at things at her and hitting the door
>this happens for some time until family gets home

That was in Mexico, my cousins also said they had some run ins with duendes like being thrown their own shoes when they were asleep.

My grandparents also have seen a flame on a tree, something that supposedly means there's money buried near it, and a cousin who came across a hellhound.
>>
>>17559361
>a very small blue man
did she fall asleep watching the smurfs?

>My grandparents also have seen a flame on a tree, something that supposedly means there's money buried near it, and a cousin who came across a hellhound.
you have to greentext now
>>
>>17559361
Did a smurf just tried to steal your uncle?
>>
>>17546378
This happened to my uncle, happened in Germany though
>uncle is little boy, about 8yrs old
>family has to abandon their house bc allied bombing
>can live with some other family, ppl back then where welcoming refugees all the time
>share pretty big house with a few other families
>there's a huge attic that was mostly used to dry laundry
>uncle hated attic and thus hated taking down laundry
>has to go take it down one day anyway
>halfway up the stairs he notices a little bearded man walking down the stairs, about as tall as a toddler

He told me this story several times when I was a kid. In Germany, they're called the little people, "das kleine Volk".
>>
>>17560679
>Welcoming refugees
>sees little man with beard
Sure it wasn't Ahmed?
>>
File: Saci_Perere_por_Marconi[1].jpg (224KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Saci_Perere_por_Marconi[1].jpg
224KB, 375x500px
>>17553536
Brazil has a one legged, smoking nigger with OCD:
>can't cross water
>master of all tricks and mischief
>method of escaping from his is throwing a rope full of knots, he will stop to untangle it
>travels in a dust devil and all dust devils are just him dancing and being a nigger
>you can catch him with a large sieve used in construction/farmwork
>he grants wishes to those who capture him or get his red magical cap
>If captured he can live insdie a dark bottle and become your friend if you treat him well and release him or you enemy for life
>>
File: IMG_20160408_185740_500.jpg (26KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160408_185740_500.jpg
26KB, 480x361px
>>17553581
holy shit
>>
>be my uncle, 4 years old
>lived in lima, peru
>his dad built a second level in their house because the ceiling was high
>had to use a ladder in order to get up, so the floor was at eye level
>uncle climbs up ladder
>his brother was sleeping and a baby a time
>he gets to eye level and sees a duende holding my dad
>duende had a long hat, and little balls hanging off the edge of his hat
>my uncle screams
>duende drops my dad and runs out the window
>window doesn't break
>everyone goes upstairs and couldn't find his brother
>assume the duende took him
>uncle looks under bed and finds his brother still sleeping

they remember this story clearly like it didn't happen over 40 years ago
>>
So what are they? Clearly they are not entirely beings of the physical realm. I mean, first of all it's not really feasible that a species of tiny humanoids could co-exist on our planet while being undiscovered and secondly they are often attributed with metaphysical abilites such as disappearing into thin air.

So, are they beings from another dimension? Are they organic beings in any fashion?
I don't care, speculate wildly. I'm just trying to get an idea what they could be if they do exist. I have to say the folklore of little people is amazingly consistent though across the world. The tall hats, the phasing in and out of reality, etc.
>>
>>17563320
a duende is to a ghost what a shrunken head is to a regular dead head, but they are diminished because of their petty miserable nature, not strong enough nor evil enough to construct a human appearance
>>
File: Shrunken-Head.jpg (351KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shrunken-Head.jpg
351KB, 1600x1200px
>>17563415
forgot pic
>>
>>17546378
>duende stories

"Duende" means "goblin". Why don't you just use the word in the language that you're using?
>>
>>17563432
Isn't a gnome or dwarf more accurate?
>>
File: 1458637430410.png (150KB, 495x322px) Image search: [Google]
1458637430410.png
150KB, 495x322px
>>17550405
>didn't even notice any errors
>>
>>17563432

Probably because anon wanted to hear stories from latin culture not general gnome stories
>>
File: ▓▒.jpg (408KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
▓▒.jpg
408KB, 800x600px
>>17548809
kind of... i live in colombia and ive heard about duendes, people tend to find shit on their houses and they say it was a duende
>>
>>17546378
in my country there is this legend that everyone kinda believes, tough we don't talk about it. The "tin tin" is a monstrous looking goblin that eats children and rapes women (and gets them pregnant) the main characteristics of the tin tin is the horrible face, small size (like a 8 years old) and that his feet are backwards, so if you see his footprints he is going on the opposite direction. There are semi believable stories of country men scaring away or killing the goblins if the victim screams before it's too late.
>>
File: tintin.png (22KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
tintin.png
22KB, 250x225px
>>17563543

The w-what?
>>
You guys are forgetting a big part of this duende thing, In my grandmother's home town a girl was out in the woods, that girl was really beautiful and had a really long hair, that's the perfect description for a girl that a duende would like so the correct world here for what happened to that girl is "enduendada" that consist in a sort of mental and health sickness every night she would seek to go to the woods and meet with the duende, and for that reason he was roped to her bed, what happened after that was that the duende would visit her every night and start braiding her hair(not sure if that's the correct English word but is basically doing sort of a ponytail(?)),her family would try to be with her all the night but the duende is always watching her trough the window and singing some song . they eventually fell asleep and the duende would take the opportunity to mess up her hair again.
>>
>>17563563

Here in Sweden it is said that gnomes braid the hair of horses. Many many stories of such.
>>
>>17563563 here in colombia we have a lot stories of that as well, I think is really odd that all of this shit is so known worldwide, is not like a collective hysteria of just a small town, all is so consistent
>>
>>17563543
>The "tin tin" is a monstrous looking goblin that eats children and rapes women (and gets them pregnant)

Is that you Australia?
>>
>>17551110
100% real, no fake.
>>
>born and raised in brazil
>no duende legends
yeah, when something goes missing we often joke that "a duende took it" but that's it, no one believes it
>>17563543
this, on the other hand, is the curupira
only that in our legends he's like a forest guardian and will only hurt those who hurt nature and stuff
>>
>>17563503
Hey, a /toy/ soldier.
>>
>dad be 18 wheeler truck driver
>dad sleeps in old empty warehouse because cargo will be unloaded next morning
>dad's truck starts to shake
>dad wakes up and truck stops shaking
>dad stays still
>truck starts shaking again at the same time that dad hears footsteps of someone running over his truck
>this shit happens 2 o 3 more times
>dad turns on the headlights
>warehouse is empty and dead silent
>dad shrugs and goes back to sleep

a lot of things can happen to a truck driver going trough the mexican highways: witches, ufos, ghosts and of course fucking goblings
>>
>>17566779
got anymore? i always thought truckers would have the best X stories
>>
>>17548881
Hey anon sos un negro envidioso. Decíme cuantas copas tenes
>>
>>17566779
pinche llorona queriendose robar algo
>>
>>17548881
>living in the northen provinces

stay there amerindian, we have enough or your kind
>>
File: 142687687897.jpg (26KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
142687687897.jpg
26KB, 630x473px
>>17550567
>>17550571
>>17550579
Try living in NYC, that happens twice a night.
>>
>>17554358
shit like this makes me want to get a sword and go walking around at night in rural areas

worst that could happen: I die, but can say I died swordfighting Satan, who's with me?
>>
File: Goblins01.png (2MB, 2000x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Goblins01.png
2MB, 2000x1230px
>STOOPID HYOOOMANS
Iron and steel honed to an edge. That's all a man really needs (to kill duendes).
>>
>>17563503
Probably just argies casting spells with their poo magic
>>
>>17566779
>witches
A Buddy of mine from Mexico told me about how a witch almost kidnap his little brother. Also when I used to go to Mexico I would stay up with some friends outside till 3 in the morning to see if we could catch any duendes. Good times
>>
>>17550579
so that's the story they told you to be a good boy and always obey the curfew?
>>
>>17550579

are you fucking mentally retarded? I thought greentext was supposed to be retard proof.
>>
File: 1458341153944.jpg (102KB, 500x298px) Image search: [Google]
1458341153944.jpg
102KB, 500x298px
>>17547473
>>
File: 1460043345818.png (56KB, 177x168px) Image search: [Google]
1460043345818.png
56KB, 177x168px
>>17560898
>travels in a dust devil and all dust devils are just him dancing and being a nigger

That could be anybody in Brazil
>>
>>17563458
I don't get it. Did I say something grammatically incorrect? Or are you implying that the story that I was quoting was full of errors and that I'm dumb for not noticing them? I wasn't exactly looking for them or anything but I really didn't notice any on a casual read through.
>>
>>17552486
pinche vatos jajaja
>>
>>17556053
Urban myth.

I Have heard two versions of it in person (UK).

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/closet.asp
>>
>your actual faces when you hear about stories from the island of flores of little people who would kidnap children to teach them fire

>the kids would usually escape
>if they didn't the adults would go goblin hunting

>then we find fossils of little people on that island
>and they lived there at the same time as modern humans

I don't even so far as to.
>>
>October of 2006
>ten year old anon
>grandfather organizes a trip to his hometown somewhere in the north central part of mexico
>fast foward two months
>we all arrive (parents, uncles, cousins and grandparents and my brother) to a small town at around 9 am, we get greeted by family members, with a fiesta and all that cool stuff
>4pm
>it's december so it's getting too cold (I'd say it was 0℃ at that moment)
>one of my dad's uncles asks him "so, where are you going to stay'
>"we're staying with my uncle pancho"
>"woah, there?, alright, just be careful, you know why"
>"yeah i've been told that all day"
At this point I was perplexed and I wasn't really sure what they were talking about
>late afternoon
>let's go anon, we have to go to our uncle's house now
>40 minute drive to an area of like 6 houses and a small police station
>we arrived with our uncle waiting outside already, with a shotgun in his house
>"you arrived a little late, hurry up!"
>starting to get scared
>uncle's wife warmly receives us with dinner, god tier taste
>we get directed to the guests room
>it's got a metal that leads outside door with a fuckton of locks
>i fall asleep with the sound of my dad and his uncle talking about life
>suddenly wake up
>it's 3am (casio wrist watch ftw)
>someone's knocking the door with a rock, and a dog is barking frenetically, like when they're about to fight another dog
>knocking is too fucking loud
>uncle gets to the room, loading his shotgun and saying "they know we have children here"
>my brother asks "they?"
>"I don't know, they could be duendes or witches" answers my uncle
>he proceeds to open a sort of window thing at the center of the door and shoots through it
>high pitched screaming and lots of footsteps outside the door
>everything went silent
>"ok, I think they won't molest us for quite some time"

That was the longest night of my life.
>>
>>17554028
>this Peruvian government shill on my board
>"I-I swear no child trafficking here, boss"
>>
>>17567602
Sos un negro envidioso
>>
>>17568791
Something about butts?
>>
The only paranormal experience I've ever had was seeing some shit like this. I live in a normal American college town and one day I was doing some jogging the sun had just set and I'm a block away from my house walking on the side walk when I hear leaves rustling in the yard beside me. I detected some movement out of the corner of my eye and as I turned to look my first impression was of a white Siamese cat walking through some leaves. it was facing away from me and was heading towards some bushes and trees in the backyard. When I fully turned my head and focused on this moving object I couldn't really make sense of what I was seeing. The closest description I could give is something similar to a garden gnome. But the way it moved was really weird. Like a bow legged dwarf trying to speed walk. I just stood there and clear as day saw this thing hastefully moving into the backyard. Like I said at first I couldn't make sense of it but when I did I just started sprinting back to my house.the only answer I could think of is maybe it was some sort of hallucination brought on by stress or something. I think it's weird how simmilar south american and European lore is about gnomes duendes etc.
>>
>>17548881
Cuantas copas tenés, negro?
>>
File: images-2.jpg (7KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
7KB, 183x276px
I'm from Asturias, at the north of Spain. Here we have the "trasgus", similar to duendes, they are mainly pranksters, but sometimes they are even dangerous. They are caracterised by a empty hole in the middle of their left hand. They usually hate religious simbols like the cross or holy water. And of course, they kidnap children too. I havent seen one myself, but there are too many coincidences around the world to be just a myth.
>>
>>17573177
why early LOTR adaptations and Magic the gathering choose Trasgo as translation for goblin?
>>
Land of the thousand lakes here.
We have the old stories about house elves who actually help with farm animals secretly, also they like to fuck with people who dont take care of their animals.
Also some stories of the little folk in the forest who protect and serve the nature there, fucking with people who do not respect the nature etc.
Also some creatures of the lake that like to snatch small children and such.
>>
>>17573290
The forestfolk are also known to switch their children with the regular people or trap you to their world if you take their offerings and such. Also the house elves are elves, not evil just helping around with the house and like to take food as an offering.
>>
It's weird how all around the world there are some kind of small people that like to take your children and fuck around.
>>
>>17547473
that's interesting i never knew duendes were bad even though I lived in Mexico for a few years in my childhood I always thought they were like the lepraucauhn's in the US
>>
>>17548809
if they hate poop then why did >>17547473
go to the outhouse? Was it a German duende?
>>
>>17573318

Our family (several generations back) had a supposed changeling. Someone in the family has his mother's journal, the father was illiterate.

The mother had a baby and it was a very chubby child but sickly and 'yellowed". The father left after the birth to fetch someone to christen the child because they were sure he would die young. (All previous siblings had, although the father had two older daughters from his first marriage.)

When he was a week old he suddenly went from yellowed to lighter weight and "deadly pale". After that he never again cried, instead he would whine softly or stare at things silently.

Apparently neighbors urged the parents to burn him with firewood or dip his feet in boiling water to "make "them" return the real baby" but neither parent could do so.

So if it was a changeling, they never got back the original. But the one they raised grew up a bit weird. He shunned being around other people and married a girl he met while driving sheep to a market. Left home with sheep, came home with a wife.

One of his kids is my something-great-grandfather.
>>
>>17568161
only you because you are an idiot
>>
>>17563439
No.

"Gnome" in Spanish is "gnomo"; "dwarf" in Spanish is "enano".
>>
>>17549852
>"my grandma was kidnapped by a duende"
I'm argie too from Buenos Aires and I think you are all pelotudos
>>
>>17573886
Nigga, those are stories from the country. Maybe you don't believe it, but in those places happen very weird things
>>
>>17573886
Vos sos un negro envidioso
>>
Los duendes ni existen, bola de pendejos
>>
>>17547473

>pic related

Uhhh, el anon-o.....
>>
>>17559361
What the fuck? Are you related to me? I'm from michoacan
>>
>>17567312
la bruja a las dos de la mañana
>>
>>17568369
Witches are real shit. My grandma has a farm in Michoacán, when I was a little kid they told me lots of brujas (witches) stories. Apparently they are rich people by day, because somebody catched one and she offered her lot of money and even gave her address.

I saw the lights, flying hill to hill in the night. I still have no explanation for those lights.
>>
>>17570174
which state? Your story is really fucked up. (I'm Mexican btw)
>>
>>17574103
I'm from Mich too, lots of fckn duende and bruja stories indeed.
>>
>>17547473
wena conchatumare
>>
>>17546378
>Be me
>House in from the night
>Then hear foot traffic
>self think duende
>feel fright of traffic and think much thought about escape
>run to house
>foot traffic all night, me scared and lock many windows and door.
>see many foot in dirt next day.
>mfw
>>
>>17550764
Bump
>>
>>17570174
Moar
>>
>>17552384
What's the significance of the white hand?
>>
>>17571060
Just as >>17547613 said, it's very clearly meant to be a joke.
>>
File: 13845569-512-k480753.jpg (28KB, 512x800px) Image search: [Google]
13845569-512-k480753.jpg
28KB, 512x800px
>>17570174

>They could be duendes or witches

I remember visiting Puebla as a kid, heard a lot of stories from old people in there, I remember hearing stories of how people from villages and communities "hunt" the witches, I don't remember the full stories because I heard them more than a decade ago, but I perfectly remember some parts of them, they said they'd wait for them to fly in the sky (they're often described as bird-like creatures), and the witches would start to scream different women names and if someone in there guessed the correct name of one of them, it'd fall to the ground.

Those stories used to scare the shit out of me as a kid, they were the main reason I hated going to Puebla, another story I heard from an old man there involved one of his friends seeing one of the witches turning from its human form into the bird-like creatures they say they are, from what I remember this guy was hiding outside her house and waited for her to transform, he saw how the woman took her legs off and turned, then waited for her to leave and when she did, he used the oven to burn her legs so she wouldn't be able to turn back into a human.
>>
>>17573271
I suppose that may be because the "Trasgo" itself is very extended in all europe in different forms. Probably LOTR took it from there and MtG took ir from LOTR
>>
File: 1360983119040.jpg (195KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1360983119040.jpg
195KB, 1680x1050px
>>17552055
you do know that when you hear duendes speaking and they noticed that you heard them, like if you answered back or suddenly stopped doing what you were doing, they would cast an illness on you right?

And if you see them in person, the illness becomes life threatening.

Your dad was lucky.
>>
In Mexico we have the well known nahuales, weredogs they can shape-shif to dogs.
>>
>>17573437
Yeah it is said that the changed child will be either retarded or very shy and weird, maybe he knows he's not like the others or something.
>>
>>17574635
Yeah, those fucking brujas are fucked up...
>>
>>17573146
There are no hallucinations ;^)
According to ICD10 and DSM V The whole world is mentally ill.
>>
>>17556053
Well at least the kid is safe.
>>
>>17563432
Because why would I do that if i wanted to hear region specific stories?
>>
>>17576275

From what his mother wrote of him, he was very quiet and shy, but was a devoted husband and father. (One of his sons also kept a journal, of course many years later, and describes him as being "deep in his thoughts" and "affectionate towards Mama")

NOTE:

Everyone should at least try to keep a journal, it will endlessly amuse your descendants.
>>
there was a incident in spain with a duende
''el duende de zaragoza"
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/12/06/zaragoza-poltergeist-maniacal-voice-and-my-isolation
>>
I lived with my parents in a big house near the town in Monterrey, Mexico. Mom and I stayed alone while dad went to work. Mom used to tell me to stop playing with my toys so late at night because those are the hours when duendes like to go out and make mischief. The next day I was playing with my toys in the living room, there was nobody near me. My favorite toy was a stuffed animal, a cat that I had with me all the time. That day I left my cute cat on the sofa for a moment while playing with my other toys then I turned around to pick it up and it was gone. Many days passed, even months and there was no trace of my cat and nobody knew anything about it. One day I was looking for a shoe, I put my hand under the bed to reach it and then I felt it, that was not my shoe, it was something soft, I took it and yes it was my lost cat, I was very happy but then I heard a sound under the bed, something moved very fast. I'm 21 now and it still gives me chills.
>>
File: 1460078744938.jpg (803KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460078744938.jpg
803KB, 1920x1080px
i have a chaneke story wich i think is the same as a duende.

>be 15
>go for weekend to rural town of mazamitla with friends
>staying at dad's friend cabin. place is full of pines
>get shitfaced when we arrive on friday and spend next day playing with some red book we found asking it silly questions.
>we would ask the question then open it some page at random and point our finger at a random place in the page and that was the answer
>it didnt get everything right but it answered somethings right
>it guessed my last name
>saturday night we start drinking but much more relaxed than yesterday
>at about 10 pm we start hearing weird noises outside cabin, think its probably a dog or a cat
>someone goes outside to check there. noises stop and there is nothing
>we had windows so we would've been able to see anything from the inside as well
>we keep drinking noises still outside but we are many.
>then rocks are being thrown to the cabin
>we all go out to see who is fucking with us
>nothing
>some of us stay outside for a while drinking
>its cold so we go back inside and as soon as we close the door running footsteps on the roof
>we are shitting our pants and now dont want to go outside
>this shit keeps running on the roof from one side of the cabin to another and it sounds just like children steps.
>the roof is to steep for anyone to be running it up and down that fast
>this doesn't make any sense
>we stay up all night playing cards and drinking and shitting ourselves everytime a rock is thrown at the house or whatever is running outside of it or on the roof.
>next morning before we leave we ask the red book what was that thing last night
>a strange visitor
>we NOPE out of mazamitla

this cabin is like a 15 min car ride from the actual town of mazamitla. when we were getting gas at the town to get back home we told a taxi driver that someone had been bothering us last night and he said it was probably a chaneke. this happened like 12 years ago.
>>
File: 1448574752467.gif (455KB, 215x300px) Image search: [Google]
1448574752467.gif
455KB, 215x300px
I think I'm late to the thread, but will post anyway

I'm from Colombia (it is right under Panama, at the left of Venezuela and above Ecuador, do not confuse with Columbia you ignorant fags).

About duendes, my grandma from my mother's side told me that there exist a lot of supernatural beings that are part of the mother earth, duendes are the playful and tricksters of the elementals (or something like that) and there are a lot of different kinds of duendes:

The playful duendes are a sign of abundance of a household and they are harmless, but they don't like to be seen by adults

The tricksters usually act accordingly how they are treated. Most tricksters take stuff and like to scare animals, but the "bad" ones can really harm people, especially if they have newborns.

If I remember correctly, there was a kind of hermit duende that shared his knowledge and fortunes with the ones the thought were worthy. They had a drawback but I can't remember what is it.

One thing that really stuck with me, was that some duendes are the spirits of the unbaptized childs that died before they had 1 year.

Pic unrelated
>>
>>17572607
>the percentage of flat-butt in chile is very frequent due to mapuche traits
>>
>>17577888

I have a story of a duende that lives (lived? we don't really know) in the old house of the grandparents of my father's side. They bought the house when that part of the city was the "outskirts".
They live right next to the house in the first floor of a three floors apartment. The old house and the apartment were connected through the small laundry space behind the big house and they were owners of both until 2006 if I remember correctly.

Before they moved to the apartment, my grand grandfather lived and died there, after he died that apartment became like a storage room

When we were kids, me my brother and my cousin were terrified of that apartment at night, we saw shadows moving and heard weird noises, but no adult believed us.

That apartment will become important later

My grandma told that they had a duende in the house, she saw it 2 or 3 times and thought that she was seeing things until she told my grandpa one morning when they were talking that she thought that she saw a duende.
My grandpa got pale and asked my grandma if she remembered what the duende looked like
She told him that it was a little guy, like 60 cm tall, with big chestnut colored eyes
My grandpa got silent and told her that he also saw the duende, exactly as she had described it.
Right after he said that, the little fucker laughed in the stairs and both of them saw him just standing there, then the duende went upstairs and dissappear in front of them

My father and my uncles grew up in that house and now and then something went lost, they knew the duende had taken it,

When I went there (I was 8 or 9 at the time) I needed to use the bathroom, so I went upstairs, did my stuff, and when I got out of the bathroom, I felt like I needed to look the hall. At the end of the hall I saw the duende exiting my aunt's room, he then stop, looked at me with surprise and run to my cousin's room to dissappear.
I went down, told my grandma what happened, then she explained me about the duende.
>>
>>17578028

When they were preparing to move to the apartment and sell the house, the duende gave back all the things he took when we (me, my brother and my cousin) were packaging stuff in the apartment. The day before the moved, my grandparents, both of them the same night, dreamed that the duende said to them something like thanks for being my family.

Nothing is missing since they moved out
>>
>>17546378
So what do we know about then after this thread

They take kids
They can either cloak or hide from our vision
They can be good or bad
They don't like to be seen
They have money connects

Why hasnt anyone shot one are they bullet proof?

Does anyone know a witch?
>>
>>17548809
this the funniest fucking thing i've read all week.
>>
>>17578028
>>17578052
Can you make a sketch of the duende you saw, anon?
>>
>>17578070
My great-grandma would tell us about brujas that lived in her town, the only story I remember is that one of them cursed a woman, and all of were limbs one by one got infected and had to be amputated until she was just a torso and a head and then she died.

Also once when I was at her house a man in his fifties stopped by and talked to us, it was a small town so my grandma knew him since he was a kid. After he left she told us that he is a nice man but you should be careful around him because his mother is a bruja.
>>
>>17573886
The country is a place where a shit ton of weird things happen, the only strange thing that happens to you must be to come across a turro that won't steal your cellphone, boludo.
>I used to live in the countryside 3 years ago and now I'm in Bs. As.
>>
>>17546378
>be 15, 6 years ago
>family stays with my aunt for a few days in the summer
>aunt is a widow, lives in a creepy two story house in the Colorado countryside, about an hour from the nearest town walking, surrounded by forest
>winter, so it's cold as fuck and the house's heating is a joke
>get to sleep in a little guest room with a single window facing out to the forest
>first day and night is pretty normal, the arrived late and had dinner and went to bed, I did as well
>second night, don't sleep so well because of an odd smell
>smells really sour, can't really describe anything like it, figured it was fungus in the walls
>next morning, wake up
>look out the window and realize there are tracks outside the window
>go up to my window from out of the trees and loop around back to the forest
>start to get a little creeped but figure it was just some animal
>third night, odd smell is still there but more faint
>around 11:40 there's suddenly a loud thump at the window
>laying in bed trying to sleep, jump and almost piss my pants
>flick on the light and look at the window
>one of the window's panes is spider-webbed with cracks
>start flipping out, run upstairs and tell my aunt (who was still up for some reason) what happened
>she gives me an odd look, and says sometimes 'the birds run into the window'
>go back down, barely sleep while staring at the window
>third night, I'm getting seriously creeped out
>that sour smell is stronger than last night
>manage to fall asleep but get awoken at 1:00 AM by the door shaking
>door to my room is being rattled like a motherfucker
>barely choke out 'hello?'
>the door keeps shaking, nobody responds
>nervously walk up
>put my hand on the doorknob
>open the door
>get on the floor
>everybody walks the dinosaur
>>
>>17554358
Canines don't roar.
>>
>>17559361
Fucking smurfs
>>
>>17563571
Tomtes/nisses/gnomes/elves whatever you wanna call them are generally thought of as benevolent guardian spirits, though. Sure they could be mischievous but generally only when insulted.

These duendes seem like right creepy fuckwits in comparison, just like the hispanics.
>>
>>17566779
Never mexican gangsters or druggies, just UFOs and shit, sure.
>>
>>17568179
Or the modern equivalent, a gun. Not much is left standing when magdumped full of lead (or copper or steel or whatever your ammo is made of).

Or better yet, a 12 gauge with boarshot.
>>
>>17569303
It's the spirit of Brazil indeed
>>
There are a lot of putos duendes all over my house in Peru.
>>
anyone here getting tired of granny's warning of not to go near termite mounds since that's where duendes resides? It's bullshit desu
>>
>>17547473
Hermano those damn houses with the bathroom outside. Me acuerdo veraneando en Ranco muerta de miedo llendo al baño en la oscuridad.
Also the night sky was full of aylmaos
>>
>>17549852
>found inside a tree
Perdí
>>
>little cousin is playing on the first floor of my grandmas house
>first floor is known to be haunted
>after about 10 minutes runs upstairs crying hair is a mess
>says that the little man messed her hair up
>go downstairs to check for little man
>first floor is empty
>>
>be me
>playing soccer from some kids from the street behind my uncles house
>ball goes over a gate into an gated house that is abandoned
>people believe duendes lived there
>ball is up against the gate
>hear a loud bang hit the gate
>when uncle goes to get the ball nobody is there and the ball isnt there either
>>
>>17581182
hahaha baños de mierda. Por esta zona hay ayylmaos x monton
>>
>>17547105

el bumpo
>>
>>17546378

not that much of a story but a female cousin of mine swears that she saw one.

We were playing hide and seek near a ''forest'' area, she was hiding while looking at the ground and she saw a small shoe, like something a 3 year old would wear, a classy looking one too.

Then she realised that the shoe was still attached to a leg which was standing, then whatever it was started runnig away

she claims it was a duende/goblin.

But I think that our duendes are more like Red Caps or Gnomes

I'm from Costa Rica btw
>>
>>17547613
reminds me of those nigerian hollywood movies on youtube
>>
>>17555314
Traps don't have tits
>>
>>17580602
you fucking nigger.
>>
(if you understand spanish) Theres a podcast on youtube about a guy from mexico that sold his soul to the devil for wealth but has to spend the money according to the devils rules and if he tried to fuck over the devil or bend the rules (which he tried) he get fucked with. (one form was with a witch only he can see) and the dude is just crying and explaining the story and everything that happens and how much he regrets it. Theres a lot of podcasts for his story cuz its sorta a long one but whether you believe it or not its a very good thing to listen too
>>
>>17582098
what part of costa rica?

duendes are seen all over old spanish colonies, argentina. mexico, chile. youtube it and theres so many video
>>
PERUANO
>>
>>17583580
sounds interesting but I have a feeling he's just schizophrenic
>>
>>17546378
I see duendes frequently on the bus, they look like bolivians, poor duendes.
>>
File: ssssssssss burn.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ssssssssss burn.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>be Honduran
>born and raised in our industrial capital, no spooky shit
>family gets a car, a Toyota hilux 2x4
>its fucking go time family, we on an adventure
>father travels all around the country
>one of the many location we found was a town located on a huge mountain
>it is called ''Cerron'' (literally huge hill in gringo speak)
>made quite some friends and got some cheap employees from that town.
>10 years latter father passed away (I was 19)
>in 2010 economy was not that good and we had to let go the qualified workforce
>mother indicates that we had to lower the cost by hiring the cheapest hands posible
>Cerron.webm

will continue with the spooky shit after this
>>
>>17547473
Toilet elf strikes again!
>>
File: 1451963652327.png (368KB, 483x531px) Image search: [Google]
1451963652327.png
368KB, 483x531px
>travel with brother to that huge mountain again
>when we reach the town we are greeted by all the people father knew
>they give us some homemade candy and offer a stay
>we explain the situation and we offer the jobs. some kids here and there and some women that had enough of the simple life of the rural side agree.
>decide to walk around the town for old times sake. some new houses, a new park and a lot of corn plantations(we call them milpas) got tired after a while a returned.
>about 6:30 in the afternoo and the sun light was fading away, a former guard we had back in the greets me and tells me he's sorry about my father and all that jazz
>he also tells me that they were burning the old milpas to begin with the new harvest but is was not good to stroll near those location since the ''sisimite'' would be there eating the ashes
>thank him and return confused as fuck about what the fuck was a sisimite
>on my way back I could smell the burning milpa and decided to prove my ball size
>on the fucking field all burnt at around 6:50ish I saw it
>an ape like creature, eating the ashes on the side of the field, as soon as i take my phone out to record the thing it stands up, the legs were inverted(like backwards like that mechwarrior robot) and the face was a human's, covered by fur and about 4 feet tall
>it stars running into the bush and vanishes, NOPE the fuck out
>return to the stay, local old lady scolds me about walking on the burning nights prior to new harvest

on the way back the new employees talked on how that thing was a regular on the town and it appeared when people burned things just to eat the ashes. fucking rural areas man
>>
>>17583602

the capital, San Jose.
>>
Supposedly my Grandfather was thought to be a witch (or warlock) living in rural mexico. Here's the story my dad told me.
>Small town in rural mexico
>It was said that if you ever see a witch fly in the sky, everyone around should immediately start praying
>If you have enough people praying at the same time the witch would fall from the sky
>One night, Witch is in sky
>Everyone prays and witch finally falls (after many attempts I forgot to mention)
>Everyone goes to crash site
>Only to find my Grandfather there
>In a nice suit
>Completely out of place
>It was rare for someone to own an expensive suit in that small town let alone for someone to be wearing one out for no apparent reason.
Everyone after that pretty much stayed away from him and from what my dad told me is that he liked to freak people out by showing them his "magic".
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
>>17547473
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 276x183px
>>17563286
>>17560679
>>17559361
>>17563432
>>
>>17559361
hellhound story, nao pls
>>
>>17586213
Pretty cool. I visualized it. David Lynch approves.
>>
>>17578003
t. Gonzalo Jara
>>
>>17580602
Kek, I love these
>>
>DUENDE
>GNOMO

fucking fairy people, always ruining my fucken TODDLER POUNDING, I am reporting this to PAPI LOCO and he will turn this planet in to a giant oven.
>>
>>17562378
I hope you're joking
>>
>>17547473
Weooon Chile has some crazy cryptids going on, I remember reading about them in some of the national parks by Chiloe in northern Patagonia
>>
Duende sounds too much like dindu.

Theyre basically little niggers, right?
>>
>>17570174
> tfw 2006 was 10 years ago
>>
>>17546378
I have one.
happened probably more than 6 years ago.
I was visiting family in Monterrey with my parents. I remember waking up in the middle of the night for no reason. I heard little footsteps walking around the bed for a couple of minutes, I didn't really think anything at the time thinking the dog probably got in. It turns out the neighbors woke up to footsteps too and they said they saw a silhouette of a small man with a pointy hat walk through the wall. pretty spooky desu since it wasn't really in a rural area.
>>
>>17577872
Red book? what kind of game are you talking out?
>>
>>17577888
I also hear they harm unbaptized children, I had a cousin tell me his niece fell off the bed and cried saying she was pushed, and she kept pointing at nothing saying "He pushed me!"
>>
>>17550206
My mom told me something about a witch dancing on a rooftop too
>>
>>17548809
Argentina in a nutshell
>>
>>17556053
lol good thing they captured it

If it was me id either run the fuck out of there or try and smash it with something
>>
File: koln.jpg (231KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
koln.jpg
231KB, 1024x768px
>>17560679
>>
>>17577872
>>17577872

damn, I havent been to Mazamitla in years. I need to go back.
>>
>>17574037
Why the heck are you here, stupid? You hate shit but you came to the shit.
God, stupid people trying to look "smart" by bothering people
>>
We have them here on guam. If you are disrespectful to the jungle or their homes , they will shrink you to their size. We also have taotaomonas as well.
>>
>>17588598
>Duende sounds too much like dindu.
reading this thread, i basically pronounced them in my head as dindus
>>
>>17560898
Trickster entity that can't cross water.
Sounds like a local kind of fay to me.
>>
>>17563320
Let me recommend some books for you.
Daimonic Reality, by Patrick Harpur:
http://bookfi.net/dl/1073347/1f3086
An Encyclopedia of Fairies by Katharine Briggs:
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/WJeUWZBs/file.html
Kitsune by Kiyoshi Nozaki:
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/LKQuZONh/file.html
Monsters by John Michael Greer:
https://a.pomf.cat/yegfjc.pdf
>>
>>17568179
>>17580927
Iron (and by containing iron, steel) are more effective against etheric beings than lead. I don't know about the copper in FMJ ammo, YMMV.
If you are seeing on of those things with too much detail it would be bad to shoot it, because you are seeing a form of "projection" in your mind, and there's nothing physical to stop the bullets from hitting other targets. *If* you are seeing something kinda blurry, very dark, you might want to risk a shot. Condensed etheric bodies are almost physical, they can "touch" ordinary matter, for example, leaving footprints.
But it's much better to let the thing just leave, which it will do if you are carrying a gun and willing to shoot it.
>>
File: 090103 FG Colombres.jpg (219KB, 711x1013px) Image search: [Google]
090103 FG Colombres.jpg
219KB, 711x1013px
>>17573886
I recommend this book for you.
http://www.colihue.com.ar/fichaLibro?bookId=28461
It may be available for a lower price in a bookstore, or second hand. Shop around.
>>
>>17547473
wenaa culiao
>>
>>17547613
this is more gay than homosexuals themselves
>>
>>17585334
That's something that primates do. They sneek into people's campsites and eat the ashes of their campfires. The charcoal removes toxins from their system. Somehow they figured out they could eat a normally poisonous food source by doing so.

I remember seeing them do this on video in one of my primate classes in college. I don't remember what species it was specifically though. Thought I'd bring that up because it seems related to what you saw.
>>
>>17555309
Who else seen the leprechaun say "ayeeee!"
>>
>>17563439
It sounds more foreign and creepy if you say duende lol.
>>
>>17583580
link?
>>
>>17548809
I had to.
>>
>>17585281
THIS LITTLE GREEN TOILET ELF THINKS HES PRINCE OF THE LILYPOD
>>
>>literal goblin shitposting
This fukken thread i s2g
>>
I don't think I have ever heard much about this here in Ecuador. But I live in a city and I imagine people on the countryside have many stories about them.
>>
>>17574249
>white guy pretending to be a foreigner.
>>
>>17594818
Look up caso Josue or some shit like that on el YouTube senpai
>>
>>17546378
Alright I haven't told this story, mostly because it's long and not mine

Its my mom's, she was raised in Mexico and this happened near Monterrey. I believe it because it's that hat guy who a lot of people report seeing and this is just an old story that she's always told me about since I was a kid

>be my mom 8-10yrs old
>playing in a field behind her neighborhood with her pack of wild beaner cousins late in the day
>it's dark out but she can still see
I honestly forget why but she looks towards one of her cousins and sees the hat guy
>she described it as a silhouette of a man in a trench coat with a hat on, but he has no legs and hovered a few feet off the ground
>her and her cousins start screaming and nope out the field, she keeps looking back at it and it's slowly following them but it's like gliding through the air

Another one
>she always heard rattling on the bars outside of her and her sisters window or stomping on the roof
>says that her and her sister would have to sleep together because sometimes spoopy shit would happen like something grabbing her feet
>one day her uncle is outside having a smoke or something
>sees a naked man jump from the neighbor's roof to theirs
>calls my grandpa to go investigate while he stands watch outside
>grandpa sees nothing

Also my mom says there's a lot of child abductions in Mexico and her grandma used to tell her to stay away from the treees because the witches lived in the trees and they liked to snatch kids up into them when they would leave the house alone late at night. She also told me that the people who lived in the mountains would steal kids for labor work

I have a few more if anyone's interested
>>
Obligatory
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqRkK_f5Avs
Highest moment of Argie tv
>>
Why are people so scared of these things? They're like 18 inches tall. Pretty sure even a child could beat the shit out of one if they had to.
>>
>>17596209
Lmao I have Salvadorian friends and they told me something like this

There's this thing like a demon or spirit or something who lives in the mountains
If he sees a young girl that he finds attractive in any way he'll make their life hell because he loves them or hell try to steal them ( I think ??)

So to stop him from loving you you have to poop on the forest floor
>>
>>17553581
misread that as 'find the dindu'. looked for five minutes.
>>
File: 1435856602165.gif (607KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
1435856602165.gif
607KB, 400x200px
>>17596209
God bless you anon
>>
>>17548809
So no duendes in India then.
>>
I find it somewhat funny that there are some many different legends from all over Latin America; whereas here in Brazil, despite having the exact same word, we don't have the same concept of a duende (or at least I don't think we do).

Here the word is mainly used to translate "elf" (as in Santa's elves, not Tolkienian ones) or "imp": Tyrion's nickname, for instance, is "Duende" in Brazilian translations of ASoIaF. And indeed, anytime I think of the word, what comes to mind is a tiny, pointy-hat-wearing fellow, and exclusively that.

We do have our own mythological creatures, of course; but the name "duende" doesn't apply to them.
>>
all this reminds me of the story of el enaño....

>el enaño, a little being, looks a bit like gollum from the hobbit cartoon
>always hungry
>comes into a tiny latin american village
>starts eating all their food
>villagers not strong enough to stop him, he attacks them if they try
>one smart lady, throws two round, smooth rocks on a campfire
>she yells for el enaño as he goes from hut to hut, eating up everything
>tells him, 'there are two potatoes cooking in that fire'
>el enaño snatches the hot rocks out of the fire and gobbles them up
>rocks start burning his insides
>he runs to the stream, gulps down water
>hot rocks turn the water into steam
>el enaño explodes....no more el enaño
>>
>>17598060
Kek
>>
>>17589485
we would just ask a question, open the book at a random page pointing at a random place in that page and whereever our fingers landed that was the answer. i think it was like that, as i said this was 12 years ago
>>
>>17598020
They're sneaky, and people fear the unknown anon
>>
>>17551110
Best answer ever, la pulenta
>>
All these gnomes and I think of Keemstar
>>
File: 1455767945598.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1455767945598.gif
4MB, 640x360px
Can any Mexicoians give me the story for La Llorona?

Gif not related, of course.
>>
>>17593695
my cousins are from guam, you know the escamillas perchance
>>
Duendes are real and they tried to suck my dick.
>>
>>17599962
La llorona is basically this woman ghost whoes kid were killed by her, then she commits suicide due the regreting.

The tale says that she wanders out there in the night near the devil hour (3:00am), screaming and shouting and scarying to death everyone who meets her.
>>
>>17600378
Same, those sneaky latino duendes never learn.
>>
>>17548881
do you spk english pls
>>
>>17600653
She sounds like the average /b/ro.
Thanks for the info, she was in a book I read a couple years ago, and this thread reminded me of her.
>>
File: Crowbar.jpg (6KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Crowbar.jpg
6KB, 400x400px
I got bite by one, still got the scar.

>Late night
>Return home from work
>Hear something on my bedroom
>I live alone
>Get pic related from toolbox and investigate
>See something small on my bed covered on my sheets
>Relief.jpg
>It's a rat or a cat, not a thief
>Approach to take the sheets and scare it off my house
>Before I could react the thing bites my hand
>I hit hard it with the crowbar a couple of times
>The thing screams and fucks off really fast towards an open window
>Gets out and starts running in the ceilings of my neighbours houses
>Neighbour cutie ask what the fuck was that thing running around in the barrio ceiling
>Tell her it was a stray cat because I don't want to look like a weird dude
>Remember clearly the thing was bypedal and had small humanoid hands

I still live here and that shit never returned, so I guess beating the shit out it scared it off. Still it's annoying that I have to make a fake histories if someone ask for the scar on my hand.
>>
>>17603226
And that's how you got your super powers?
>>
I'm from villahermosa, we are a small city in the deep south.

Here we have a sort of zoologic and natural reserve called "yumka" wich literally means "duende que cuida de la naturaleza" or enviroment protector duende.
>>
>>17556053
>pot head dudes
>Stoned as fuck
this likely explains 70% of duende stories
>>
File: 1448077496922.jpg (21KB, 484x382px) Image search: [Google]
1448077496922.jpg
21KB, 484x382px
>>17580602
Lol thanks for the laugh
>>
>be me 20yrs old
>my now ex -girlfriend and I went to visit her family in guerrero
>christmas eve
>because his family was christian we don't celebrate christmas like I usually do with my family back at monterrey but it's ok.
>watching movies with her and her brothers
>"hey anon can you plz bring some drinks?"
>"sure"
>her house was like divided by two buildings. Like the dorms and living room where in one and the kitchen was in the other building. So I need to go out to the street to get to the kitchen.
>Also her family managed a local newspaper so the second building was a lot bigger than.the other one because printing machines and offices.
>finally get to the kitchen
>turn the on the lights
>hear a weird sound near the door, like dog walking near me but I don't give shit.
>get the drinks and when I turn to the.door I see it.
>it was like a child but only with an old looking face
>I kept looking at the thing and start walking towards the door
>I try to kick it
>but the.fucker ran so fucking fast I didn't even touch him
>nope the fuck out to the other building
>"are you alright anon ? We hear weird noises comming from the.other building"
>"i-it was nothing, im fine"
>never tell them because of their religion and I didn't want them to think it was a demon or some shit.
>>
>>17603814
>...the next Christmas, they were all dead
>>
Not a story but this still creep me out

https://youtu.be/xPghfRHZUFs
>>
>>17599962
>Mexicoians

loluwotnigga
>>
>>17583580
Josue story? Fake and gay.
>>
File: 1454991232830.gif (698KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1454991232830.gif
698KB, 320x240px
>>17596209
top kek
>>
>>17559361
This thread is probably the funniest one I've seeen so far.
These gringos coming to 4chan telling us the their stories in broken english, fucking kek.
>smurf tried to steal my uncle
My sides
>>
>>17574157
i'm other anon from michoacan, there really a lot of those kind of stories
>>
>>17573437
i bet he also posted on /x/
>>
>>17598002
i'm interested
>>
>>17550405
>didn't even notice any errors
>being a total stickler for grammar

ok.jpg
>>
>>17568145
kektacular
>>
File: Chrysippus.jpg (35KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
Chrysippus.jpg
35KB, 229x343px
>>17551110
Fucking texans
>>
>>17598085
Metal af
>>
File: 226.jpg (42KB, 500x514px) Image search: [Google]
226.jpg
42KB, 500x514px
>>17599962
>that gif
>>
>>17573403
Did you not see any of the leprechaun movies?
>>
File: Ayy Lmao.jpg (12KB, 388x280px) Image search: [Google]
Ayy Lmao.jpg
12KB, 388x280px
>>17581182
>muerta
tetas o andate a la chucha
also, chileans ayy lmaos everywhere, I saw one in Linares
>>
>>17573403
LEPRECHAUNS
ARE
I R I S H H H HH H JJCKDMMXMCMDM
>>
File: Screenshots_2014-08-09-23-59-47.png (359KB, 1220x436px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2014-08-09-23-59-47.png
359KB, 1220x436px
This ones my fave from a while back
>>
Mexican here, no experiences with duendes/Aluxes but I used to live in Irapuato and could see balls of fire passing over the windows and stuff like that, so basically witches, I did hear Aluxes once in a cave in Cancun, they are not bad so you just don't ask them for anything.

I also used to live in a legit haunted apartment when I was a baby in that same town. They used to move me from my cradle to the bathroom according to my mom, with all the pillows in the water. Maybe that's why I always can see shadows, unless there's cats around.
My aunt still lives bellow that apatment, no one has lived there since we moved out. I play vidya with my cousin and I actually sometimes hear bumps on his side, he goes to check to see if a cat didn't broke anything and he can't find anything

There also used to be a kid-like entity in my current house some years ago, though I ignored it and eventually it stopping bothering me, my cat sometimes just runs around playig with something at night though, so I don't thing it's a bad ghost, it's just there and that's it.
>>
>>17599962
You can find various, legit, videos on youtube with her cries.
>>
>>17608524
>legit
>>
>>17586213
My grandpa told us the same thing about prayer bringing down flying lechusas. It weird hearing other people mention this.
>>
>>17607318
I've posted this before but I'll just post it again.
My great grandpa was an abusive drunk, he actually died recently because he destroyed his liver with all the alcohol

When I was a kid he told me this story of the "birdman" who lived in the mountains. Apparently when he was a teenager he was up there with a friend, they were exploring the caves (that was his hobby) with his friend when they find this big cave filled with bones and dead animals

He said they thought it was just a regular bear and noped and as they were taking off they heard this loud yell and saw this giant birth thing fly into the cave

Another story is about my uncle who died a couple of years ago. He had severe burns on his body because of an accident with gasoline when he was about 16. He had to spend 3 years in the hospital because of it and lost his faith. Afterwards he was completely different person.

According to my mom sometimes he'd twist his body up in weird positions and drag himself on the floor and make weird groaning noises. She also said that he would snap randomly like one time she was in the car with him with her sister and a cousin when he had one of his moments. He was driving and acting normally when he suddenly got this really angry look on his face and drove them into a wall.

I believed everything she told me because it was a little after his death when I started asking her about him and it really hit her hard. Everyone said that he just lost his faith in God after the accident

He disappeared for a few years and came back for a couple of months before killing himself. He was drinking one night and walking into a truck. No one stopped to help him and he was just left on the street like a dead dog til the morning
>>
>>17609527

What does that have to do with duendes ?
>>
El Bumpo from a fellow Beaner..
Love the stories, hope to hear more.
Don't have any myself
>>
>>17609527
Wtf does that have to do with Duendes
>>
Good stories from all, here are some i can think of

Souther mexican here, in my aunt's town people say that there is a duende can get you lost in a small patch of forest for hours because fuck you.

In my own town a "Zipe" is like a black kid, with the foot facing backwards, likes to fuck with people throwing rocks or scaring the horses, also known for taunting people To catch him, just to escape.

Also gf believes that a good duende can live in your house, he's good to you if bribed with candies, if he's mad he will start to hide small things from you. I left a phone in a drawer in her house and no one could find it again, she says that it's because her duende was jealous of me.

From dad's hometown a well documented case of what now is know as a type of dwarfism but the legend says that she's the daughter of a duende who got kinky, you can still visit her house http://www.sideshowworld.com/13-TGOD/2009/tgod-Lucia-Zarate-1.html
>>
>>17554358
This story is similar to the central american "cadejo" probably same origins?
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadejo

>>17563543
>>17612318
>>17585334
So the backward feet are a thing

>>17570174
> you will never shot a witch in the face
Why even live

>>17573437
Anon is 1/32 duende

>>17578052
How did he gave the things back, did they appear all together?

>>17598085
10/10 would see a movie of this
>>
File: received_1070580676337125.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
received_1070580676337125.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Really spoopy pic of a chaneque guys 100% real
>>
>>17547473
>My cousing
Kek'd
>>
>>17570174
>Won't molest us.

Fucking hell. Were they gonna feel you up anon? Touch you in your no-no place?

Maricon. "Molestar" is "to bother", not "molest".
>>
My mom would always talk about a duende stalking her as a young child. She describes him as wearing a green suit with a hat. According to mom the little dude was in love with her. She told her mom about it and my grams made her pretend to take a dump while he was stalking her and proceeded to eat her crap in front of him, of course it wasn't crap she was eating but it worked cus the little dude was disgusted and never came around again.
>>
>>17547473
duendes are ecuadorian u fucktard. troll harder.
>>
Back home there was a huge Freemason abandoned house (about the size of a whole city block, fenced and with vines covering the fence, shit looked ancient) and legend tells people would make satanic rituals there
>>
>>17563503
what are your thoughts on la pata sola and the pata loca?
>>
>>17607743
Commendable attention to detail to have used a dourado in that image
>>
My dad has tell this story several times since I'm a child, he is now over 65 yo and this happened when he was 7-8yo
>be my dad as kid in late 1950's
>he lived at a rural zone of a small town in Tamaulipas, northeastern México
>walkin his way to\from home a couple of miles
>he was alone, mexican old schoolers ain't pussies
>there's a bull calf with a rope tied from the neck to a wood stake
>its moving and lifting dust
>dad gets closer
>now he can tell calf is moving desperately side to side all around the stake as the long of the rope allows to
>then he sees them, calf has 4 or 5 little humanoid beings over, grabbing him from neck, tail and legs
>dad says it looked translucid just like predator or halo camouflage, and were no more than 50cm tall
>he says can remember that little fags looked like having so much fun
>idk if literally but shat his pants and ran away
Have to mention my dad is mostly skeptical for this stuff, but he says that's what his eyes saw
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.