[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /x/ How often do you feel like some people you know may only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

Hey /x/
How often do you feel like some people you know may only exist in your head? Like fight club or mr robot? I've had this since childhood and lately it's been tearing my life apart
>>
>>17530693
Go to a psychiatrist.
>>
File: red rose star.png (33KB, 631x600px) Image search: [Google]
red rose star.png
33KB, 631x600px
Some people seem very "fake," a la generated by the "Matrix"/"Reality"/"Construct" we are presented with. Yet other times, there are those who I /know/ to be real, based upon their beliefs, actions, etc... Usually the people who are "real" have the ability to create new ideas, thoughts, realities, etc... whereas those who are "not real" for the most part only repeat what you already know or what you want to hear.
>>
>>17530693
I feel like I could be some times. I'm a nobody that has the minutest impact on others lives. I could just be an NPC with a little too much self awareness.
>>
>>17530704
do you think i should?
and why suggest a solution as heavy as a psychiatrist right off the bat, instead of a psychologist?
>>
>>17530693
Finaly someone who understand me
>>
>>17530800
Don't go to either.I used to think like this but the fact is even if the world may only exist in your head the fact remains that you are still here, this is your kingdom, you cannot neglect your duty here.
>>
>>17530693
Pretty much everyone I know IRL has interacted with other people in my presence, namely my other acquaintances or my family. The only person whose existance I had ever questioned, my friend's friend I never saw but heard a lot about and apparently chatted with online, did turn out to be said friend's split personality, by the way.
>>
>>17530713

many people are proficient at both though ... bullshit artists are every where
>>
A few people. I also heard some people felt the same about me. Mostly people you talk to one and one but never with others, and you are different than each other. It is common.
>>
Had this a lot. If you can tell if they're in your head you're probably OK. Idk though. I told my psychiatrist about a similar thing I experienced and it's only really serious if you're convinces they're really and they're actually not. Still creepy though.
>>
>>17530693
Met a girl once online. Over a year i chatted with her, her sisters. Later i found out about half of what i thought were split personalities were real, and some of what i thought were real only were in her head.
Still, some of the best conversations i had .
>>
>>17531674
Wut? God that was hard to read. You are a faggot
>>
>>17531847
Sorry, not good with English. I was trying to say that people interact with each other too much in my presence, so they are either all made up or all real, but I did have suspicions that a person I never saw in real life but talked to online was not real, and that turned out to be true (that person was a friend's split personality).
>>
>>17530713
>Some people seem very "fake," a la generated by the "Matrix"/"Reality"/"Construct" we are presented with.
Not "in my head" in the sense OP meant, but 99% of the people look like mindless automated NPCs. Or maybe I'm just autistic.
>>
>>17531899
I think everyone feels that way. I think it's a byproduct of old tribalistic tendencies where we only really ever NEEDED to recognize our closest friends and family, and because we know nothing about these people, they appear to have no personality and be automated.
>>
>>17531933
this
I have a tendency to find like-minded people wherever I go. The general populous bores and can anger me at times. It's natural to find no interest in those super unlike yourself.
>>
>>17531933
I never thought about it that way. I always get really paranoid with these things. Some strangers on the street seem more "real" than others and that always made me think.
ITT: tin foil hat people
>>
>>17530800
Well, I would suggest both. The psychologist will likely recommend seeing a psychiatrist. It's only a suggestion. If you are certifiable, even taking meds short term can help to dismiss such thoughts. Also, you say it is really effecting your life. If such thoughts are so bothersome I think it is worthwhile to at the very least entertain the idea of seeing a professional.
>>
I feel kinda like that, but with a large amount of people instead of just one. People are just TOO nice. It's almost like a simulation designed to study my retarded brain when confronted by different stimuli. Any thoughts on what brings upon these thoughts (aside from the obvious autism, paranoia, cynicism answers).
>>
>>17530693
Solipsism. Also, if you don't believe the people you are in actual physical contact with are 'real', why would you trust anyone here?
>>
>>17532811
Because I don't care if people from 4chan are real or not man, I just want a solution to this. It's been making my life a fucking mess
>>
File: sauna-grab-no-face.png (380KB, 850x365px) Image search: [Google]
sauna-grab-no-face.png
380KB, 850x365px
>>17530693
is that the prop from sauna?
>>
1: take your imaginary friend to a public area

2: talk and interact with them normally

2a: if you witness your friend create a presence for themself, that is they are noticed by people not interacting/talking to them, then they are real.

2b: if someone asks wtf you're doing then they are not real

2c: if your friend inexplicably cannot stick around in a public area long enough for you to judge public reactions, then they are not real. that is, every time you try to attempt 1 through 2 they disappear, it is your brain trying to protect your personal reality.
>>
>>17533668
What if the people the imaginary friend interacts with aren't real either?
>>
I can personally confirm that I am just a figment of OP's imagination and I've always assumed everyone else was too.

I would feel kind of shitty if I was the only non-sapient entity on this board. Well, actually I wouldn't feel anything but you get what I mean.
>>
heres how it is, many people lose their soul.. and that means they are shut off from their inner spark, but it can be awakened.. anyways despite being soulless they can be used by entities due to the blindspot.

orrr.. im the only real one everyone is a reflection of me, including all of you.

be god
incarnate yourself into every situation conceivable, at the same time.
watch what happens.
>>
>>17531847
I got through it just fine. Sorry to hear about your learning disability though.
>>
>>17530693
No, Anonymous, No, these people is in mine mind too, and minds of many others people too.
>>
>>17530693

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA
>>
>>17534568
>is
are
>>
>>17534575
Thanks!
>>
>>17530693
>How often do you feel like some people you know may only exist in your head? Like fight club or mr robot? I've had this since childhood and lately it's been tearing my life apart

how can u be sure everyone else doesnt exist only in your head?
>>
That's called schizophrenia bro
>>
>>17530800
>do you think i should?
>and why suggest a solution as heavy as a psychiatrist right off the bat, instead of a psychologist?

how do you know the psychologist is not a product of your imagination ?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.