[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Today I'm writing a short story about a girl with psychosis.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: kitty titties.gif (2MB, 506x348px) Image search: [Google]
kitty titties.gif
2MB, 506x348px
Today I'm writing a short story about a girl with psychosis. If you guys give me some ideas and suggestions I'll post the entire thing here. My idea so far is:
>girl wants to repaint the Mona Lisa because she wants to 'perfect' it.
>She finishes it, but keeps finding minor imperfections.
>The more it goes along, the more horrifying and disturbing the painting looks.
>In the end -- giving up -- she looks into a mirror and realizes she's painted a self portrait.

Any idea of specifics I can use, or details? Thanks /x/philes!
>>
File: homework_lady.jpg (66KB, 515x720px) Image search: [Google]
homework_lady.jpg
66KB, 515x720px
Do your own homework.
>>
>>17527276
It's not homework, I just enjoy writing. I've never written about psychosis before, and it seems like an interesting idea.
>>
>>17527273
You get into the head of that girl with a psychosis, I don't want to.
>>
>>17527288
This.

If you want it to be good you're going to have to think like a girl with psychosis.
>>
It just seems like a girl being perfectionist rather than psychotic
Also just think of any Arabian woman with hijab promoting Islam and Jihad ( etc. ) and you have your story ( tho a generic one )
>>
>>17527301
Im great at thinking like a little girl!
:3
>>
I have psychosis, do you have any questions?
>>
>>17527306
Is it like autism?
>>
>>17527308
I don't know anon, what's it like being autistic?
>>
The girl is the ghost of Mona Lisa, something she only realises after she completes the painting and sees that... It's exactly the same as it was before.

She wasn't psychotic, she was dead all along.

Think 6th sense with Mona Lisa played by Bruce Willis.
>>
>>17527306
OP here, and YES! I do! When you're having a psychotic episode do you experience vivd hallucinations or is it mostly auditory?
>>
>>17527313
Okay, this sounds pretty good, and much easier for me to come up with.
>>
>>17527288
I'm trying to do that. I'm doing tons of research, my inspiration is the man that sank deeper into psychosis and painted cats.
>>
>>17527315
All auditory and paranoia, basically it feels like I'm hearing the thoughts of everyone around me and the second I leave the room I can hear them talking about me. And there's the feeling that groups of people are watching me, animals are actually robots with cameras in them, and that I had a 6th sense for spotting the hidden cameras microphones and spies.
>>
>>17527324
Actually it sounds a lot like they way my mother thinks, but she refuses to acknowledge that she has any type of mental illness.
>>
>>17527328
I've never met anyone who has the same symptoms as me, what's she like?
>>
>>17527273
MNB?
>>
>>17527336
Ah god. She isn't a pleasant person, but keep in mind she is also bi-polar as all hell.

She's overly paranoid and thinks that everything is a conspiracy against her. She's accused me of having an affair with her (no ex) husband. She would make him sleep on the couch, and if I came out of my room for ANYTHING in the middle of the night then obviously we were sleeping together.

She swore that she could smell 'drugs' in the house that my uncle supposedly did months beforehand and would claim that when she was in THAT particular room that she would begin to feel sleepy.

She stands at the window and watches for the mail man until he shows up. This could be hours by the way.

I have witnessed her by herself when she believed that she was alone and she often speaks to herself and walks around the house randomly opening up doors and closing them.

She refers to herself in third person a lot.
>>
>>17527344
Wut?
>>
>>17527273
Really cool idea op props
>>
>>17527323
I don't think doing more research would help you much. You already have a good idea for a story, now just get creative with what that girl believes, why, what drives her, what ruined her...etc. It's better if you come up with these things yourself instead of being 'inspired' by research. It gives your writing soul.
>>
>>17527312
I love it personally. And not op behind post just proud autist
>>
>>17527353
Damn she really needs help, you should get together a bunch of people who care about her for an intervention. I don't know if she goes to church or not but if she does talking to members that you and her both know might be a good start to getting her the help she needs. Or you can try to source some antipsychotics and convince her to try taking them. Sorry you have to deal with that.
>>
>>17527379
I very much agree. I'm only doing the research for basic things such as:
What the auditory hallucinations are -- one person? Several?
What types of delusional beliefs do people with psychosis have?

Just basic stuff. My imagination has already started kicking in though.
>>
>>17527384
She really does. The problem is that when anyone confronts her about any of it she gets super defensive and just angry as shit. I don't have to deal with her much anymore since I've moved to another state, but we still talk on facebook and stuff.

I believe the worst for me was her calling the cops because I put a pizza in the oven (when I stayed with her) to cook my children for dinner. She flipped out about it using up gas and when the cops got there they were rather pissed. Almost took her to jail.
>>
>>17527402
Sounds like the mother of someone I used to know, there's no easy way to do the intervention but it needs to be done and one day she'll thank you for it.
>>
>>17527391
I have enough experience with psychosis myself to tell you that people can believe anything and experience the weirdest shit as if it was absolute reality. Give her good reasons to believe her own weird theories, to hear weird sounds only she can hear, to see weird shit.
>>
I've started and it shouldn't take too long.
>>
Op here, when hearing voices, does one give a name to said voices?
>>
>>17527477
Sometimes they tell you their names
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.