[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never had a dad by that I mean he died before I ever got to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Dadskey.jpg (86KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dadskey.jpg
86KB, 720x960px
I never had a dad by that I mean he died before I ever got to know him. He died of a drug overdose that stopped his heart. Both the heart and the key have a lot of symbolism in my life but that is besides the point.
>My dad was in the Navy before he died and his best friend was my Grandpa being his dad.
>They ran a farm together and a welding business when they where in Maryland. They where very close, possibly even more than him and my mom.
>I visited my Grandpa last summer asking a lot of questions about my dad and collecting some of the things he had owned.
>One being his dogtags with a strange key attached to it. Nobody knows what this key is for or where its from.
Anybody on /x/ have ideas on the key?
>>
File: Dadskey2.jpg (69KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Dadskey2.jpg
69KB, 720x960px
>>17524591
>OP back with the other side of the key
Im keeping the full name and numbers covered for privacy reasons.
>>
Clearly the key to a "master" lock, look for shot locked up with a pad lock, storage units, old chest, etc.

Also tits or gtfo, we know you're a gril.
>>
>>17524637
>Tits or gtfo
That's the thing though nobody knows what it could possibly go to. My grandpa is in Maryland and I live in FL so I can't look. Gramps said he checked every possible door, lock, and chest he still has from when he was alive. Believe me all my grandpa does is think about how he passed and has nothing better to do anymore, so if there was something he would have found it. My dad died when I was 4 im 18 now.
>>
>>17524591
It's almost assuredly a padlock key. Wearing it with his dogtags makes me wonder why it was so important. Its not old, its very contemporary (as in, within the last 50 years or so).

Maybe a gun safe, or a bank security box? Did dad lock up his uniform or other military stuff somewhere? Maybe his drugs?

Either way I think you're approaching this wrong. Whatever is behind the lock is probably far less important than the image and spirit of your father that is kept alive by the mystery of his key. It makes you think of him, and wonder about his mystery, thats a big part of what keeps a person alive, mystery. Perhaps let your father keep his secrets and take comfort in having the key that was a symbol of them, keeps him closer to your heart and mind.
>>
>>17524737
/thread
When my mother found out that he was using she immediately left him and moved in with her relatives. The house they had was sold, and my father moved back with gramps. Gramps has his uniform and my dad never owned any guns as far as we knew.
As far as keeping him in my mind, it would be hard to get rid of him because Gramps, him and I all bare the same name.
As keeping the key as a symbol is kinda redundant because the key symbolizes great power and strength locked away, or vice versa.I would also bet that IF he was watching me he would want me to find what ever it is too.
>>
Navy guy here, that's a key to his padlock that was used to lock up his sea bag, nothing too special
>>
>>17524812
>Gramps, him and I all bare the same name.
I think you're missing the point.

>I would also bet that IF he was watching me he would want me to find what ever it is too.
Well you've got all the inforamtion /x/ can realistically give without taking wild ass guesses. This guy:
>>17524897
Seems to know what he's talking about. That seems like a likely explanation.

So the lock likely goes to a container which you will never locate, and contains things which are probably irrelevant to you (clothes, duty uniform, underwear), and which you most likely aren't going to find anyway.

Like I said, it's better to keep it a mystery than dig too deep, figure out what it is and be let down. Mystery is always more potent than the truth when it comes to remembrance.
>>
>>17524897
But why would he keep such a thing on him for at the bare minimum 4 years after he was in the Navy?
He looks about 20 when he was done with training and my parents didn't have me until they were around 30yo so we are talking anywhere from 4-14 years of holding onto a key after he got out.
I'm not saying your wrong but Im just trying to make sense of it.
The last time I remember seeing him was when me and my mother lived in a apartment on the 2nd story. I watch him float up to the balcony wave and then keep going up. I was scared shitless after that because I was 4 and saw a "ghost"
>>
>>17524949
I am starting think about doing just that and let it go.
One last thing that was strange relating me and my dad post passing.
This was when I was living in PA and we came to meet my grandfather for a week or so.
At the time my mother had found a new man and still is to this day, hes a good man but there's that separation of not being blood related. Anyway all the way up until this incident I called him "Mr. Dave"
>My parents brought me to my fathers grave and let me "talk" to him which they said I did and held a conversation for about 30-35mins. They let me talk to him while they sat in the truck so they have no idea what I said. I dont remember what I said either and I would give away so much to know what I was saying. I came back and told my new dad that my Father approved of him and that was the first time I called my dad, dad. After this we refer to Ray Jr. as my father.
>>
>>17524959
You're just supposed to keep it on your dog tags and it just becomes habit when its there on your neck for 4 years
>>
File: WIN_20160329_22_07_21_Pro.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160329_22_07_21_Pro.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
>>17525006
>>17524959
here's a picture of mine
>>
>>17525002
also might want to delete pics that long list of numbers is private
>>
>>17524812
i dont suppose your name is richard, is it?
>>
>>17525109 >>17525043
I did, of the numbers are covered and the names cut out
No its not
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.