[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I cracked the Voynich Manuscript. I know you dont belie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: 1324616728491.jpg (73KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1324616728491.jpg
73KB, 640x480px
Guys I cracked the Voynich Manuscript. I know you dont believe me if you know what it is, just watch the video though.

https://youtu.be/UEhXcuBe_z8
>>
>>17519252
I'm watching your video, bud, thank you for sharing
>>
I've got nothing better to do, watching now
>>
I'm not watching that
>>
>>17519252
Wtf kinda link is that?
>>
>>17519252
Here's your (View)
>>
>>17519270
Let the rest of us know how it goes so we don't have to waste time if it's stupid or just viewbait.
>>
>>17519325
>>17519270
>>17519252
I have a class (college) soon so I wasn't able to watch all of it but basically OP stated that the book must be read in the moonlight,

as well as trying to understand the double-meaning of various images and trying to interpret the diagrams as being references to the reader as well as human anatomy, and star diagrams.

I wasn't able to discover OP's thesis statement or aim by the amount that I watched although i did watch about 70% of the video.

My question to OP, if it does have to be read under the moonlight or if certain words can be illuminated... we can't really understand the language yet either way so it wouldn't help us much at this point at least... also what do you think the overall motive of the document is?
>>
>>17519325
OP here, I promise its not viewbait.
>>
>>17519333
nice trips and what exactly is the conclusion that you have reached from studying the document?
>>
>>17519330
If we can remove the false portions of the text then we can isolate true patterns in the text and much easier decipher it. There is a ton of garbage mixed in written in iron-gall ink which is rusting and turning red. Blueshift in the eye prevents you from seeing any red. Farmers first observed this during the harvest moon. Once the false information has been removed, the "true" information can be analyzed for pattern.

The book is written in the context of the Jewish calendar. I believe it to be attached to an interpretation of the Kabbalah. I dont want to go too far into detail about that. I do think though that the book is composed of four different living world languages (living at the time of publication) in a ciphered anagram format. Keys to the cipher may well be revealed in moonlight.
>>
>>17519355
You seem to be on to something here... but i've gotta go to my college class now so good luck with the rest :D
>>
>>17519360
Thanks man, have fun.
>>
>>17519362
Hi, don't get surprised if you don't wake up someday
>>
>>17519459

>implying everyone doesn't die eventually..
>>
File: tumblr_m8f3nqNFUF1rvfgjao4_250.gif (1019KB, 245x180px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m8f3nqNFUF1rvfgjao4_250.gif
1019KB, 245x180px
>>17519252
It's just a memoir of a trip to a new land with different ways of life.
>>
>>17519252
The Voynich manuscript has always fascinated me
Nice voice btw OP
>>
The book is a map, as well as a guide to a degree you got it right in the sense you have to view it at a certain time, OP keep going the plants are also clues.. however the big picture you put together at the end is the map.
>>
>>17519290
>what is a shortened youtube link?
>>
>>17519252
You could do with saying "right?" less, but as far as what you're talking about, it does not seem as utterly insane as I thought it would when I first saw this thread.
>>
File: im11.jpg (490KB, 1215x1536px) Image search: [Google]
im11.jpg
490KB, 1215x1536px
>>17519459
why would that be surprising?
>>17519696
thanks
>>17519762
can you elaborate some? I'm familiar with the golden circle theory but I dont feel that is totally right or if it is, theres a double meaning. Im not asking to be spoonfed here I just want to know where youre coming from. What time should it be viewed if not in the light of a moon illuminated by mostly blue burning stars which is moving toward the observer?
>>17519798
I know man I was nervous, I dont do public speaking much, I was just trying to fill in dead space.

I solarized an image here, the contrast is pretty obvious.
>>
>>17520074
this document is so strange
>>
When you put together the map, Do you plan going to the location? If you do, don't die and inform us what you see, please.
>>
>>17520112
OP here, I'm assuming youre referring to this book implying the true nature of God? Yes Ive already caught the gist of that. If not then elaborate please.
>>
>>17519798
Who are you to tell OP how to speak?
>>
File: Godhead.png (17KB, 820x528px) Image search: [Google]
Godhead.png
17KB, 820x528px
>>17520112
OP again, this the map youre talking about?
>>
you could try contacting someone who has access to the book since you are american and the book is at Yale University's Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
>>
>break the manuscript
>open a portal to hell

Stop that OP. The Voynich Manuscript is the real Necronomicon.
>>
>>17519252
Hi, Dallas
>>
The first half of your theory about it being a calendar and astrology and all that jazz , you didn't just come up with that. I saw that in a documentary years ago , so what exactly did you "discover" ?
>>
>>17520490
It can only be read when the eye undergoes blueshift in the proper light and the oxidized characters are removed, this is the main "discovery" and no, I'm not 100% sure on it but the images all scream of it. A large portion was written in what looks like iron-gall ink which is now oxidizing giving contrast to the text. That and how the nymps are actually illustrating the process. Oh and the diagrams actually depicting the structure of the human eye. The illumination of the moon by Pliates.. etc. Essentially people have stabbed at the general idea of this because, yes it does depict recognizable pictures. I explained it as I saw it.
>>
These are the kinds of threads we need, fascinating shit op what made you want to do this?
>>
>>17519252
So far the only convincing thing is the year calender.

But you have a very soothing voice, entire video reminded me of The Joy of Painting.
>>
>>17520074
Although I applaud everyone who even bothers to try new angles to this manuscript, I for one do not really think the contrast is that obvious OP. Yes, some of the words/letters do indeed stand out, but there are also a lot of blue/brown mixed letters.

I'm not sure if you are aware but there were basically two base ingredients to make ink from back in those days. (1) metal (2) pulverized insect nests. Using black light to analyze old texts is often done (and will probably also have been done with the Voynich) on which darker illumination means the ink had metal as a base ingredient, whereas a weak/light illumination means insects nests. However, while I can already see your counterargument, it also depends on the density of the ink on spots and with the aging of the "paper" that was used. To take your picture, the letters that are composed of more dense ink (the letters looking like o's and d's but where the ink has filled in the "holes") are generally darker.

Furthermore, the Voynich is written on Vellum, which also influences the colors. Our skin shows spots over time as well, so does vellum.

Keep trying tho.
>>
>>17520854
I just fast forwarded through the video and I see you mention my points, however you seem to bend everything in such a way that it supports your theory, ignoring the fact that writing in ink used to go like this:

1. Dip your pencil
2. Start writing
3. Keep writing until the ink doesn't become clear enough
4. Go back to 1. and repeat.

You can pretty much clearly see the difference in darker and lighter letters are purely caused by amount of ink that was on the pencil at the moment the letter was penned down. It also looks like a natural flow.
>>
File: 11111.jpg (410KB, 1224x1536px) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
410KB, 1224x1536px
>>17520854
>>17520908
Just back from dinner. This is the kind of criticism I'm looking for. I dont know if they did a black light test on this or not, I can't find any research on it. What may have been done is the entire word was written in the iron-gall and then the insect based ink was traced over the important parts. I disagree that the flow is natural. Many pages begin with a very weak looking stroke, while other words you will find conspicuously faded letters between two darker ones. I just looked over some vellum manuscripts from around the same time frame and you are right, the vellum does fade in spots and there are natural ink fade inconsistencies. You will also see a very distinct difference in the fanning of words, where they are spaced out such as in this image, they are usually either very light or dark.

This imaging im doing is nowhere near what you would want for the right light conditions, it is just to show the conspicuously outset characters and color conversions.
>>
hmm couldn't red and blue 3d glasses work on this then?
>>
>>17521777
nice trips, this link explains the light conditions under which your eye needs to be in to view the text (in theory)

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2006/28sep_strangemoonlight/
>>
>>17519252
The light from an eclipse would make more sense.
>>
>>17521984
which type? I thought a lunar eclipse would be best at first too but then I recalled that the light from the sun is bent around our atmosphere and projected on the moon during a lunar eclipse so it wouldn't be a good idea. Earthshine is also a huge factor.

I'm going to revise the video over the next few days, I abbreviated a lot of data on under various assumptions. Mainly I just wanted to get the info out there to provoke thoughts so we can refine this. I still feel I'm on the right track.

Thank you all for the criticism, this is going places.

Also thanks for the compliments on my voice (not directed at quotee), though I think I sound horrible.
>>
>>17522043
Hey man I like your vision and out of the box thinking. This is the kind of work which requires a different train of thought. You hesitated to tell your theories in the video, tell them I am interested and I'm sure other people would be too.
>>
>>17522065
Thank you for the compliments. I can't reveal that yet, I will, but not yet.
>>
File: doge.jpg (11KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
11KB, 500x375px
roleplayers pls go.
>>
>>17522106
I've always believed that the vonyich manuscript is in one way or another semi-related to the philosophers stone. Is that part of your hypothesis?
>>
It's a magus made book that helps the author remember "his" past lives, a bit of a gamble honestly.
>>
>>17519252
You have a nice voice.
>>
>>17519252
Your worship of trying to solve this puzzle brings incredible joy to echs. You can expect some help from him perhaps a strange inclination to look at this puzzle from just a slightly different perspective than you usually do while trying to cipher. The new God of this board shall hasten to revelations of truth for every thread and spread disinfo among the threads of its outspoken enemy /pol/
>>
>>17522903
Fuck off, sperg.
>>
OP, explain to me how moonlight, which is just reflected sunlight, would change anything about our ability to see ink mixed with oxidized iron.
>>
OP, this was me >>17519267
I watched your whole vid yesterday morning.
Gotta say, I love the work you're doing, but you are NOT decrypting the Voynich Manuscript. You have a great ability to see patterns and connect the dots... but you're connecting dots that aren't there.
When you say things like "this clearly depicts the inside of an eye"... it seems like a big leap. These big leaps are all over your research. "when the moon's out you see more stars"... Have you heard of the "death of the author" because that's what you are doing with your interpretation of this book.

I'm not writing to bash you, bud, I'm writing because I can tell you are smart! You should put your mind power on something more useful!
Try extracting hash oil, try making music. Those are both real skills, practical forms of alchemy, which you have the ability to master! I can see it in you!
There are things you could put your mind to that will benefit you MUCH more than reading this old picture book!
>>
>>17519252
just a tip next time have what you are going to say already written down infront of you
>>
>>17519252

watch the "right"s and campy "do do do do dooo...." sing-song 'passing time' vocal crutches and make future videos if you figure more stuff out. good OC.
>>
I think you are on to something by noticing specific details and nuances that haven't been brought to light before which is good. But like others have said you assume too much at some points. If you cut back on the 'rights?' It'll be easier to listen to and easier to consider your points so it doesn't constantly sound like you're just trying to get me to agree with everything you say. I know you said it's just a habit to pad speech out but still. I'd also recommend laying out what your main points are and also going more in-depth with what yours saying. I like it though op, cool stuff
>>
Don't you know, herr OP?
Icht contains ze cure to every known illness. Ve vhere decoding zhis decades ago.
>>
>>17519252
You speak like a maniac.
>>
>>17520235
Someone who feels like he could benefit from a small tip, that's all. He's free to do as he chooses tho.
>>
>>17523279
You're really kind and you're absolutely right on the rushing of this thing. I didn't mention this yesterday but I compiled my information and emailed them to a professor (not going to say the name but it shouldn't be hard to figure out) who didn't respond. Then I posted them on his website and he deleted them. I was going on two hours sleep in this video and scrambling to get the main points recorded. I sounded terrible I know, it was at best a rough draft but it was necessary as a poor man's patent if you understand.

I am not wrong on this, I am compiling diagrams to make the information more digestible for the reader. I needed criticism to refine this and fill in holes.

I never once said I had deciphered the voynich, I said that I have cracked it, not broken it, and I still believe thats true. The next step is going to be a much more in depth analysis page by page. Ill break it into shorter segments so its easier on the viewer.
>>
>>17524101

don't listen to him, he's clearly an agent of the enochian realm attempting to dissuade you from making further inquiry into the manuscript, which is an extra-dimensional artifact left on earth by a rogue angel in order to alert us to their presence
>>
>>17519252
Actually no, its just a book/notes/manual of how the true ancient alchemy really works.
Only people who know how it really works can understand the meaning behind it.
It was written in a made up language for the circle of people who researched the ancient methods they found, and recorded/encrypted for themselves what they observed in their experiments.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.