[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm not trying to sound like le contrarian faggot attempting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: koala.gif (29KB, 208x228px) Image search: [Google]
koala.gif
29KB, 208x228px
So I'm not trying to sound like le contrarian faggot attempting to stir shit up, I'm just more curious than anything.

But why do you believe in the specific paranormal things you do?

You've got people posting about aliens, demons, ghosts, reptilians, mysterious disappearances (something paranormal being behind it) etc., but I just can't bring myself to believe in any of it because rational evidence just isn't there.

I mean I love spooky shit and get very immersed in it, but the reality is it's made up.
>>
>>17518518
Most are bullshitting. Some are insane. Some have experienced things that they can't explain, and some are a combination of the three.
>>
>>17518523
>Most are bullshitting. Some are insane. Some have experienced things that they can't explain, and some are a combination of the three.

This answer should be put as a sticky quote at the top of /x/ to give people a heads up as to what they are getting into before they start reading the board. Good work anon.
>>
>>17518518
>I don't find evidences
Is this board became a blog?
>>
File: 1456780273186.jpg (829KB, 3000x1084px) Image search: [Google]
1456780273186.jpg
829KB, 3000x1084px
>>17518541
This is the most accurate description of this board EVER.
>>
>>17518518
Because it's fucking fun you cunt nugget. I'm sure most people here don't believe what they're saying, but it's fun to pretend to believe in spooky stuff. Our species has been collectively believing in all kinds of insane shit for almost our entire existence, and now we're stuck with all that baggage. It's nice to indulge in every now and then.
>>
I 'believe'
1) things I've experienced.
2) things that trusted friends, more experienced than myself, tell me are also real.
3) things which may fit with the internal logic of my worldview but which I haven't experienced, although I don't call this belief, just being open to the possibility.

Rather than 'belief' I consider a lot of it a working model which may be revised. Some things are so obvious as to be beyond doubt; the existence of subtle energy/chi; the afterlife and other realms of existence; discarnate entities which exist in these realms. Other ideas I may not be so sure of. I have experiences of past life memories but am unsure of quite what this means, are we individual souls or part of a collective remembering, etc. So I'm always open, I hope, to having assumptions updated over time.

And I don't care if any of that gives you cause to derp, I'm not interested in arguing. Other opinions exist and YMMV and so on.
>>
>>17518523
>Most are bullshitting. Some are insane. Some have experienced things that they can't explain

Should be this board's catch phrase to be honest family.
>>
>>17518518
I only ever come to /x/ for things like aliens or governments covering up technology.

I've changed a lot since I was younger. I was into science and would only care about facts or hard evidence.

But spending most of my time as a kid trying to see the world for what it is has probably just made me depressed about reality. I mean for fuck sake, there is almost literally no room left for any kind of hope or wonder about our future unless you precede the statement with "if everything we know about X turns out the be wrong then...". Because everything we think we scientifically know about reality basically paints a picture of bacteria called "humans" stuck on a rock floating through an unimaginably empty and lonely universe where the only entity whose existence even has a chance to have any kind of real meaning is humanity itself, not any individual human life.

Even knowing these things as a kid I was delusional enough to think I could become a great scientist and figure out some amazing truths of reality to change all that. As I got older I realized what a retard shit I was and that I'm going to die just like everyone else.
So I find enjoyment in reading/watching videos about stuff like the possibility of aliens because even if I can convince myself for a few minutes that reality might be more interesting than it really is, it's worth it.
Better than reading science fiction books too in my opinion.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.